When Destiny Goes Sideways, Sidekicks Step Up (Recruiting, D&D 5e)

Started by Guancyto, September 12, 2016, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Alright, I've got a few picks for my bard, but it's late and sifting the wheat from the chaff is going to have to wait. The tough part has been finding images that are devoid of "I'm an epic-level badass," but that still aren't "total schmuck."

TheLaughingOne

Look for Jon-Tom from alan dean fosters spellsibger series, awesome book, and fits the midway between:3

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on September 13, 2016, 03:15:43 AM
Look for Jon-Tom from alan dean fosters spellsibger series, awesome book, and fits the midway between:3

If I do that i'm going to end up playing a Turtle (dragonborn) Wizard.

Foxy DeVille

I've decided my princess is a monk, which would explain how she survives all right running around in skimpy outfits and why her slaps hurt so much.

Premier

Decided on Maize, a Tiefling Wild Sorceress who used to be a human from a very, very dull town with an obsession with Wheat Products both benign and evil. When her absentee father died, she inherited both his power and his curse, though sadly no actual instructions on how any of this shit works. She's got a good handle on the horns, is working on the tail and is confident she'll get a hang of the vast cosmic powers she wields any day now. Her efforts to do so are a bit like what'd happen if you gave a Toddler a Water Cannon and turned it up full blast, incredibly funny as long as nobody gets hurt.

She was ran out of town for being too interesting. They're farming wheat, ain't no room for weird demon girls with magical powers. Take that shit to the city lady!

She is determined to go forth and be a hero. Or a merchant. Or an artist. Just literally anything other than a corn farmer. ANYTHING.
Char Pic

Skynet

Was thinking of playing an elven fighter/eldritch knight.

I asked it in a former 5e campaign I was in, but what is the GM's idea of 3rd party stuff? Catfolk specifically? I believe they'll be an official race soon, but there's racial traits from a sourcebook which aren't too OP/weak. It was from the Book of Heroic Races, if that matters.

Catfolk Racial Traits
Catfolk have the following racial traits.

Increased Ability Score. Catfolk are graceful and light on their feet. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.

Age. Catfolk mature a little faster than humans, reaching adulthood around age 14. They age noticeably faster, too, and
rarely reach 75 years of age.

Size. Some catfolk have powerful builds while others are slim and lithe, but they all tend to stand between 5 and 6 feet
tall. You are Medium size.

Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet.

Cat’s Luck. Once per day, you can have an advantage when attempting a Dexterity saving throw. You must decide to
use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.

Feline Senses. You are proficient in the Perception skill.

Sprinter. Your speed increases by 5 feet when dashing or disengaging from combat.

Languages. You can read, write, and speak Catfolk and Common.

Subrace. The two most common types of catfolk are the faol and saebul. Choose one of these subraces.

Faol Catfolk

Faol catfolk have human-like faces, short hair all over their bodies, and longer hair on top on their heads.

Increased Ability Score. Faol catfolk have a persuasive personality and charmingly good looks. Increase your
Charisma score by 2.

Darkvision. Faol catfolk live for the night, hunting prey by starlight. Within 60 feet of you, treat dim light as if it were
bright light and darkness as dim light. When in darkness, you see only shades of gray without any color.

Saebul Catfolk

Saebul catfolk possess feline faces and thick fur that covers their entire bodies.

Increased Ability Score. Saebul catfolk can spot hidden sources of danger and are patient when stalking their prey.
Increase your Wisdom score by 2.

Hunter. You are always proficient in Stealth and Survival.

Anyways, char pic ideas:

Elf, Right Side

Catfolk

Relikai

Will be making a Human Fighter :) the main man in a melee fight.

Guancyto

Catfolk! I am awfully fond of catgirls. Racial traits seem pretty strong, though?

If the key is being a catgirl, Unearthed Arcana has Razorclaw Shifters, for what that's worth.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on September 13, 2016, 02:21:17 AM
I just sheet myself.
And I'm not entirely sure why, but she turned kinda ... kinky as hell. Partly I blame that Generic fantasy World map. 'Incest & Intrigue' gave me ideas.
Also I may have a slight hypnofetish thing ...
Oh dear. Oh dear. That is... wow that's a lot kinkier than expected. "Notice me, tentacle-senpai!" made me laugh though.

As for the cleric, I mean, part of the tagline is that the heroes of legend are reputed to be super dead (moreso than is usual for heroes). But you personally never saw the body, and there's probably a rumor running around that they're all trapped in a soulgem or something?

Quote from: Foxy Oni on September 13, 2016, 10:36:11 AM
I've decided my princess is a monk, which would explain how she survives all right running around in skimpy outfits and why her slaps hurt so much.
Excellent.

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 13, 2016, 03:18:53 AM
If I do that i'm going to end up playing a Turtle (dragonborn) Wizard.
Just as a note, one of the ideas I had had was a wizard's familiar getting an upgrade into an independent being+humanoid immediately prior to the heroes' final battle. So if you wanna play a wizard that literally used to be a turtle, I'd be down.

JoanieSappho

I can tone her down a bit if you want. Most of it, though, is kinks that she may pick up as she goes, rather than stuff she has done/knows that she wants to do.

Skynet

Quote from: Guancyto on September 14, 2016, 05:07:34 PM
Catfolk! I am awfully fond of catgirls. Racial traits seem pretty strong, though?

If the key is being a catgirl, Unearthed Arcana has Razorclaw Shifters, for what that's worth.

Alright, copy-pasting directly from the PDF is getting all messed up, so I made images of the game stats!

Yeah, Razorclaw Shifter looks fine. It seems a very physically-inclined race, although the Dex bonus makes me think of a mobile class.

I was thinking of a ranger, although I heard horror stories about that class. I'd also like to match my image of a badass catgirl with a big sword, although no STR may hurt. I can try multi-classing, but that may be out of my league right now.

Likely classes: Barbarian, Fighter, Ranger

Shifter Traits

Guancyto

Quote from: JoanieSappho on September 14, 2016, 05:22:21 PM
I can tone her down a bit if you want. Most of it, though, is kinks that she may pick up as she goes, rather than stuff she has done/knows that she wants to do.
That's fair! If I feel like things are getting to be too much, I can present her with less opportunities for sexual self-discovery. (If other PCs do it, well, on their heads be it.  :P )

Quote from: Skynet on September 14, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
I was thinking of a ranger, although I heard horror stories about that class. I'd also like to match my image of a badass catgirl with a big sword, although no STR may hurt. I can try multi-classing, but that may be out of my league right now.
Okay! Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

As far as rangers and horror stories go, Wizards actually had the same thought. This may be relevant to you: http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf

Foxy DeVille

Okey doke, here's a quick and dirty rundown of my character...

Princess Poonjab
Princess Poonjab
Female half-elf monk 3
Medium humanoid, chaotic neutral

--------------------
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 21 (3d8+3)
Speed 40 ft.
--------------------
STR 10 (+0), DEX 14 (+2), CON 12 (+1), INT 12 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)
--------------------
Saving Throws Str +2, Dex +4
Skills Deception +5, History +3, Insight +4, Performance +5, Persuasion +5, Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Elvish, Primordial, Undercommon

Actions
--------------------

Dart. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Sickle. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 slashing damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 1d4+2 bludgeoning damage.
--------------------
Hailing from the Mysterious Orient, Princess Poonjab is the daughter of a rajah and an elf in his harem. To keep her pure, she was raised in a monastery. This isolation only made her thoughts contemplate her base desires even more. Not even training with the elderly chaste monks to keep her mind off all manner of decadent acts. Eventually her father summoned Poonjab back to his palace but she was kidnapped en route by an enemy of his. Her captor violated her in all manner of vile ways but to the surprise of both she enjoyed in tremendously. A great hero finally rescued her and Poonjab showed her gratitude in a very explicit way. Over the years she has secretly enabled her abduction by other foul being so that they could have their way with her and then have a virile champion come to her aid and be rewarded. This way she was able to satisfy her appetites without shaming her family. Her father tried various ways to keep her safe but somehow she always kept getting kidnapped. He even sent her to other kingdom but they always had villains there quick to abduct her. Luckily there were many champions willing to come to her aid. Now the world needs new heroes to go face to face with the vilest beings ever... and Princess Poonjab can't wait to meet them all.

CeruleanSerenity

Are you still recruiting? I'd be interested, but it looks like you already have plenty of potential players... and I've been dealing with some things, so it might be a few days before I could finish a sheet.

I don't have any ideas just yet...

Guancyto

Oh dear. This, uh, this isn't going in Light after all, is it? ^^;

Cerulean: Still recruiting! I should probably establish some sort of cutoff, so: this will be closed to new interest after Sunday. The timeframe for actually making characters/sheets will be a little looser, so if you've posted in this thread, you're fine!

CeruleanSerenity

All right, thank you. I'll have to look over this and come up with something when my brain is a little less dead... it sounds like you're willing to be flexible with unusual or silly character concepts, so hopefully I can come up with something fun.

(Actually, if the game might be a bit on the sexy/kinky side, there's a cleric idea I never got a proper chance to play...)

But while I'm here, I should mention I definitely approve of catgirls too.

tyr4n02r

Still room? No idea what I want to play, but I'm in if you will have me. Is there any role that needs to be filled?

EDIT: Had a couple of ideas:

A Male Bard and/or Cleric that worked in a brothel, not as a "worker" but to provide restoration and relaxation to the workers via magic/music/tea.
A Male or Futa (Tiefling?) Warlock that was a part of an order that wanted to "ascend" into succubi/incubi
A Rogue/Bard of some sort that has a mission to collect unmentionables of female royalty
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Guancyto

Oh right! You're not level 1 any more.

Hmm! Let's say... starting equipment package, plus 200 GP and a single Uncommon magic item that comes from or is related to the Hero (or Heroes) you were associated with.

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Guancyto

Core races are fine, ask about ones from unearthed arcana (there too many at this point to make an itemized list). The only one I can think of out of hand that I don't want is the bird-people.

tyr4n02r

K will see what everybody else has planned then get a sheet together.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

CeruleanSerenity

Question, would you be all right with a little homebrewing if it's necessary to fit a concept? I don't mean a new class or anything, but some of my ideas are just a little off the classes or races in the book... I don't have anything in mind, but I thought I should ask if the option is open. I would run it by you first, of course.

If not, it's all right. Picking one concept to go with is harder than coming up with multiple.

JoanieSappho

Tempted to buy a mount, but Peach doesn't really have much skill riding, so ... may just hold onto the money. As for the magic item, s Luckstone/Stone of Good luck seems like the sort of thing a big brother would send his little sister!
And then my terrible mind misread the description to say that it gave her bonuses while in her person rather than on and I may need help.

tyr4n02r

Do we roll for HP or take avg? (For character build)

EDIT: Variant Half-elves allowed?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

TheLaughingOne

Ok... Think i got something in mind... Based on..

A mighty barbarian queen, known for her ferocity and power! .. at least so she thinks.. and her "husband" the Heroic Barbarian, had told her.

Oh.. did they remember to say shes a halfling...?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!