Do you want your mind blown?

Started by Love And Submission, February 01, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Chris Brady

My mind, she be blown.  I never realized that!  Thanks Michi.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Love And Submission

Oh were you scared of snakes before?

Well know they just got a bit creepier to you didn't they.

For the record , Snakes are probably my second favorite animal. They are nature's ultimate underdog. They have no limbs or  external ears and  mediocre  eyesight yet have managed to be one of the  deadliest animals in the world. Not to mention the inhabit every continent except for Antarctica.

This is animal with just about every handicap you can have and yet they've managed to overcome each one and  not just survive  but thrive.

Hell ,  a certain species of snakes lives in trees. This is a creature with no limbs  whose main habitat is trees. That's damn impressive.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Oniya

Quote from: DTW on March 28, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
Hell ,  a certain species of snakes lives in trees. This is a creature with no limbs  whose main habitat is trees. That's damn impressive.

And yet, they have hips.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Turtle vs Tortoise  akin to  Frog vs Toad.

InfoTortoise vsTurtle
Definition:A Tortoise is a reptile from the Chelonian family and dwells well on land.A Turtle is a reptile from the Chelonian family and dwells well in the water.
Distribution:Found mostly in Asia and Africa but some species exist in the Americas too.Africa, America
Shape of the shell:Mostly large dome shaped shells (with bumps on the top in some species.)Mostly flat, streamlined shells
Weight of the shell:Shells generally heavierShells generally lighter
LimbsFeet are short and sturdy with bent legsWebbed feet with long claws
BirthTortoise hatchlings move from their nest to the mothers burrow soon after birthTurtle hatchlings stay in their nest on their own for 90-120 days
Lifespan80-150 years (The longest living Tortoise is 326 years)20-40 years the oldest was 86 years

InfoFrog vsToad
Hind legsLong, powerful jumping legsShorter legs for walking or hopping
EggsFrogs lay eggs in clusters, young live in waterToads lay eggs in long chains; some toads do not lay eggs but give birth to live young, young live in water
skinMoist and smoothDry and bumpy
CharacteristicAmphibians, keeping mostly in waterAmphibians, keeping mostly on land
HabitatPrefer moist environmentsPrefer dry environment but adapt to moist conditions as well.
Teeth Frogs have vomerine teeth in their upper jaw.Toads have no teeth.
EyesEyes Bulge out.Eyes do not bulge out, poison gland behind eyes

Snakes in trees? >_> There are even legless lizards

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

The Cerberus rynchops snake can jump. Snakes can jump and climb without legs...and they have hips. *nods*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Love And Submission

Oniya

Do you want the frequency?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

(No, seriously, I have a list of them somewhere, but it might be outdated.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Love And Submission

Despite being one of the most well known people in history and ruling over a massive empire , Nobody knows what race Attila The Hun was or even where he was born.

Since the huns were nomadic  and traveled around mainland Europe and  , The Huns and Attila could've been anything from Turkish to German to Xiongnu.

The only reason Atilla is portrayed as Asian is because of a second hand report by Jordanes who was roman and not a hun himself.

Heck , In Wll Allied propaganda referred to the Germans as "Huns." but this was due to a speech by  Emperor Wilhelm II and not any historical note.

Cyrano Johnson

I dare you to look away. I dare you.

That there being advertised right there is a real thing and not fake. And remember... it's for "freethinkers."
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Oniya

I remember Juggalos.  Aren't they the fans of Insane Clown Posse or something like that?

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Oniya on April 01, 2013, 10:02:59 AM
I remember Juggalos.  Aren't they the fans of Insane Clown Posse or something like that?

Fans of Insane Clown Posse would be puzzling enough, but they're really more like cultists of Insane Clown Posse. It's like if Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons crossed over into our world and built a cult of personality around himself as a bad-ass rapper.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Oniya

Yeah - that's a better description.  I remember it from when ICP was a wrestling tag-team.

Love And Submission

Abraham Lincoln  . Albert Einstein and Theodore Roosevelt  had no middle name.

In fact , Seventeen out of Forty Three presidents have no middle names.

It must be odd having two letter initials.

Oniya

Harry Truman's middle name was S - that's it, nothing else, just S.

Love And Submission

You'd have to  drink fifty to sixty percent of your body weight in heavy water to kill you.

So if you've ever wanted a glass of   a form of water that contains a larger than normal amount of the hydrogen isotope deuterium ,  go ahead. You'll be fine as long as you don't drink to much.

Also , Heavy water has been shown to increase the lives of fruit flies by thirty percent.

I really do kind of wonder what heavy water taste like.

Oniya

I think drinking that much regular water would kill you from hyponatremia.

There was actually a Hogan's Heroes episode where the boys convinced Klink and Schultz that the heavy water that was being stored at the Stalag was water from the Fountain of Youth

Love And Submission

QuoteCamels mate by having both male and female sitting on the ground, with the male mounting from behind. The male usually ejaculates three or four times within a single mating session.

I wonder if camels have more orgasms in their life then their human counterparts.

Oreo

QuoteThere is an Old English unit of volume called a "butt", approx. 477 liters, implying there is such a thing as a "buttload."

butt 5  (bt)
n.
1. A large cask.
2. A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters).
[Middle English, from Old French boute, from Late Latin *buttia, variant of buttis.]

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oreo

LadyLucy

This topic...

I don't know if I will ever be able to look at anything the same. Like ever again...

MistressVoluptas

Today class for mind blowing 101 we're going to cover the magic of anagrams!
=======================================================

Making Punishment   into Nine Thumps just takes a little bit of imagination (and possibly a paddle)

Another example is that Real Life can be made into : Feral Lie.

Next up! Debit card can make : Bad credit

Got the hang of it yet? Slot machines can be changed into : Cash lost in 'em

A decimal point can be changed into: I'm a dot in place

Republician or Democrat you might say Election results : Lies – let's recount

A little Desperation can make: A rope ends it

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
For bonus points look at the first letter of each word see what it makes an anagram of.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oreo on March 17, 2014, 02:16:09 AM
O.O Blew my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqziQX7eEv0
It's just math and physics.  That's what blows my mind.  All it is, all those tricks are numbers.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oreo

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 07, 2014, 12:49:39 PM
It's just math and physics.  That's what blows my mind.  All it is, all those tricks are numbers.

;D And a lot of English on the ball.

Love And Submission

Oh god I just ruined Star Wars for myself. If Wookie's live on a jungle planet , why did they grow all that hair? Their home world is incredibly hot ,  how does all that hair benefit them in such a climate?  Their evolution doesn't make any sense! Damn it.