Magic RP w/TheStampede

Started by Dani13, September 25, 2011, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani13

(Starting from the Train)

Max shoved his luggage up in the back of the train. It wouldn't fit! "I swear, if nothing else, I'm going to leave some books at home...maybe." He chuckled to himself as he shoved the last part of his suitcases into it. He had a cat for his animal, a sweet pure black cat that went by the name of Kima. She went with the train conductor as he said good-bye to his parents.

He climbed into the train, looking around the hallway and started walking towards the back, a book hidden in his shirt. 'Just some quick reading,' he thought, the potions book pressed against him.

TheStampede

Audrey, was dodging around larger, intimidating students, as she walked towards the back of the train. If only she could find an empty compartment. As she was walking she felt her foot catch on something. Then it happened.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry," She whispered to herself.

She was laying flat on the floor. She had tripped over something, perhaps someones foot, and now she was laying with her face to the floor, looking pathetic. Surely no one else had ever done something this humiliating on their first day. She pushed herself up off the ground, and started walking again at a faster pace, staring at her shoes.
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dani13

Max jumped in his compartment. He had heard a 'thud' from somewhere out in the hall. He put his book down, opening the door to see what happened. He saw a girl on the ground, looking very upset. She got up and started walking back down, looking uncomfortable.

He hollered. "Hey! You alright?" She had short blonde hair, he noticed. 'Hufflepuff? Maybe...' He motioned at his compartment. "Come on in if you haven't got anywhere else to go."

TheStampede

Audrey stopped and thought for a moment. Surely things couldn't get much worse. She quickly dashed inside the compartment, muttered "Thank you," and sat down. She glaced at the boy who had called out to her. She noticed his short black hair and the scar on his cheek. She then looked back down at her lap.

Dani13

Max shrugged. "S'alright." He sat opposite her, his feet propping up on the bench. He took his potion's book and flipped through the pages, seeking the potion he had been studying. "So...who're you? Know what House you'll be in?" He glanced over at the girl.

TheStampede

"Which...what? Oh, I'm Audrey. Audrey Reed." She started to blush furiously. She felt her face growing hot, which made he feel stupid.

"What do you mean by 'house?'"

Dani13

Max blinked, putting his book down to look at her. "The House. You know, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Griffyndor?" He sighed. "I'm probably headed for Slytherin or Ravenclaw." He shrugged. "It's in the genes, you know?"

He leaned back on his hands. "I'm Max, Maxwell Samuels but I go by Max. Pleased to meet you Audrey." He grinned. "How come you don't know about it?"

TheStampede

"Well, I don't really know anyone else who's a witch or wizard. I mean, I have a great-aunt thats obsessed with paranormal stuff, but I don't think that she really knows anything about actual magic."

Audrey looked up into Max's eyes. She hadn't noticed what a beautiful shade a of brown before. She quickly looked back down again, feeling her face turn red for the third time since she got on the train.

Dani13

Max chuckled when Audrey blushed. 'Cute...wait, ew! Girls are weird...right?' he thought but shook it away. "So...you're a muggleborn?" He raised an eyebrow. "Cool, I guess. I dunno."

He shrugged. "So, you've really never done anything with magic before?"

TheStampede

"No. I haven't really seen anything magic related except for when I went shopping for my school supplies." Audrey lowered her head even more. She had to be the most pathetic person at this school.

Dani13

Max nodded. "Most muggles are like that, you know?" He shrugged, laying back out. "The lady with the treats should be coming around soon. We can get some Bertie Botts. I love the cotton candy ones."

He grinned. "Oh, what kinda animal did you get? I got a cat. She's so cool."

TheStampede

"I didn't get a pet. I've never really cared for animals to be honest. So, it's not weird for me to not know a whole lot about magic?" She lifted her head up but decided to look at Max's chest instead of his face.

Dani13

Max nodded. "Most of the halfbloods or muggleborns don't know anything at all about magic." He shrugged. "I'm a pureblood, got raised around it."

He noticed her looking at his chest instead of his face and thought it was weird but didn't say anything. He showed her his potion's book. "Potions are my favorite. I like making things and making explosions. Did you read any of the text books yet?"

TheStampede

Audrey nodded. "I've skimmed though The Standard Book of Spells. Charms seem really interesting. I think it would be cool to make something float around. I looked at the potions book too. It sounds a lot like chemistry, so i imagine it can't be too difficult. What do you think?"

Dani13

Max nodded, smiling. "Exactly! Not too hard if you know what you're doing." He looked up as the snack lady came around, asking if they wanted something to eat. "Hey, she's here. What do you want to eat?"

TheStampede

Audrey listened to the old woman list everything the trolley carried. As she did, she realized how hungry she was.

"I'll take a box or Every-Flavored Beens, for Cauldron Cakes, and a couple chocolate frogs."

Audrey quickly opened the box of flavored beans and ate one. She almost immediately spit it out.

"It...tasted like plastic..."

Dani13

Max had a few chocolate frogs, along with a big box of Bertie Botts and Blood Pops. "Yup. When it says Every Flavor, it means Every Flavor. Once had a Pepper flavored one. Sneezed for a week." He popped one in his mouth, spitting it back out on a napkin. "I'll never look at toilets the same way again..."

He sighed and grabbed a chocolate frog.

TheStampede

Audrey ate her cauldron cakes, and then watched the changing scenery outside the window until it started to get dark.

"Do you know when we are supposed to get there?"

Dani13

Max looked out the window, thinking to himself. He grabbed a frog before it could jump, biting it in half before answering. "I think in a couple more minutes. Better start getting dressed."

He got up and dragged out a robe before looking over at Audrey. "I'll just...go to the bathroom and get dressed." He laughed nervously.

TheStampede

"Right. Okay." Audrey laughed nervously back. As soon as Max was out of the door, she pulled the blinds down on all the windows. She changed quickly. Once she was done, she opened the blinds again.

Dani13

Max changed in the bathroom, switching his clothes for the standard robe of Hogwarts. He looked over it. It was very smooth and velvet-ish. He liked it.

He made his way back to the door of the cabin. "Um...a-are you done, Audrey? I don't wanna just...yeah, so are you done?"

TheStampede

Audrey jumped at the sound of Max's voice. She wasn't sure why she reacted like this. The pulled the door open to let Max in.

Dani13

Max chuckled. "Thanks." He nodded at her before entering and he took his book to put up. The train slowed down a bit, then stopped completely. A voice started calling out for first years. "I guess that's us, then."

TheStampede

"I suppose so. Do you want to lead the way?" Audrey followed Max off of the train and on to the platform. She tried hard to stay next to him. All of the people  rushing off of the train at the same time made it difficult to do so.

Dani13

Max glared at all the people that seemed to crowd them. He grabbed Audrey's hand so they wouldn't get separated. After a few minutes, he finally pulled them both towards the boats that the Groundskeeper was motioning to.

He sighed and sat on the edge of the boat. "Oh my gosh, I hate crowds." He shook his head. "You ok, Audrey?"

TheStampede

"I'm fine." She was still shocked by how nonchalantly he had grabbed her hand. "Do you mind helping me into the boat?"

Dani13

Max shrugged. "Sure." He looked at the boat, thinking over what would be easiest to help her in before deciding. He stood up and got next to her, keeping one foot in the boat to steady it. "Alright, here, grab my hand and I'll pull you over." He hoped it was dark enought so she wouldn't see his blush.

TheStampede

Audrey blushed once again. But this time she was happy. She had succeeded in getting Max to touch her hand again.

"Thank you," she said, trying to sound calmer than she felt.

As the boats started moving she felt a odd feeling in her stomach. She had almost forgotten they were headed to the school. She started shaking slightly.

"You mentioned that there were multiple houses earlier. Do you know how were sorted into them?"

Dani13

Max looked at the huge castle that was over the water. "My mum said it's a hat. I don't know what he does or how he does it, but you wear it? I guess?" He shrugged. "Not a big deal, I guess. Why? You nervous?" He grinned at her, nervous himself.

TheStampede

"Not at all." Her voice cracked a little bit. "You?"

Dani13

Max rolled his eyes. "Psht, no! Course not..." He sighed silently as the boat made it's way to the huge castle. When they got there, there was the Groundskeeper standing there. They were one of the first to get there. They waited for the others before being brought into the castle.

TheStampede

Audrey was trying to stand slightly behind Max, so that he would not see the scared look she was sure was on here face. She jumped when the door leading into the castle swung open, and a stern looking witch ushered them inside.

Dani13

Max looked up at the ceiling that was bewitched to look like the sky. "Cooool...." he whispered. He reached behind him to tug Audrey's sleeve. "See the ceiling?" He pointed up. "Isn't it grand?"

TheStampede

Audrey was looking around at the people, and ghost, in the hall. She felt Max tugging on her sleeve. She saw Max pointing up.

"Huh? What...in the world?" She looked up and saw that where the ceiling was supposed to be, there was open sky.

She then turned her attention to the witch that had lead them in there. She watched as the witch placed an old wizard had on a stool. Audrey gasped loudly when the hat opened it's mouth and began singing.

Dani13

Max chuckled at the funny song of the "Sorting Hat". It was pretty cool. Soon, the witch was calling names out. He had guessed right; you merely let the hat sit on your head and it sorts you...somehow. He watched as some people went to Slytherin, a few to Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and a couple to Griffyndor.

TheStampede

"I'm pretty smart," Audrey was thinking aloud. "Maybe I'll be in Ravenclaw. Or perhaps Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff doesn't sound bad does it?"

The momemt the words left her mouth, "Reed, Audrey," the witch called loudly. Audrey walked slowly up to the stool. The last thing she wanted to do was fall again. As the hat was lowered on to her head, it slid slightly past eye level, obscuring her vision.

"A little too timid for Griffondor I think," he heard the hat say. But it wasn't like when it spoke before. It almost seemed like the voice was inside her head. "Not very ambitious either are you. But I see a good deal of loyalty and a sense of justice in you. And your mind is pretty sharp to boot. So where shall it be." Audrey thought about what Max had said about him most likely being placed in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. "Smart indeed," the voice said. "RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouded to the crowd.

Audrey got up and walked quickly to the Ravenclaw table. She looked at Max as she sat down and kept her eyes on him, wondering where he would be sorted.

Dani13

Max grinned over at her. 'I knew she'd be smart enough.' He knew she was too shy to be brave enough for Griffyndor and too nice for Slytherin. He heard his name called and sighed heavily. 'Why me...' he thought as he sat on the stool. The witch slid the hat on his head.

"Ah, I see indeed." He jerked slightly. The hat was...talking? Cool. "Yes, sir. 'Cool' indeed. Now let's see. Proud, a little arrogant like a Slytherin." He felt something dig around in his mind. "Very intelligent indeed. A little Ravenclaw in you as well. You have already made a friend? Ah...more than a friend?" He wanted to tell the hat to shut up, that's not the way it was, but the hat went on.

"Alright then, maybe you two can turn this place around." The hat shouted "RAVENCLAW!" He grinned in his head, but on the outside he handed the hat back and went to sit next to Audrey. "The hat's insane, eh Audrey?"

TheStampede

"More like bloody brialliant, I think." Where had that sudden burst of confidence come from. Usually she didn't speak her mind like that.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Audrey looked up to see the most terrified looking boy she had ever seen walking from the hat to the Gryffindor table.

"Okay, maybe it is just crazy." Audrey looked at Max and gave him a big smile. Was she drunk?

Dani13

Max smiled back at her, chuckling. "Told ya." He tapped his fingers on the table, waiting for the sorting to end so they could eat. After Ravenclaw gained a few more members, the Headmaster stood up and started giving a speech. "Waa...I'm hungry." He huffed.

TheStampede

"So am I, but I'm sure this speech is important." Audrey's stomach growled loudly, causing her to blush once more.

Audrey tried to pay attention to the speech the headmaster was giving, but between her hunger and Max being in her peripheral vision, it was a lost cause. When the speech was done, food magically appeared on the table.

"I don't even know where to start."

Dani13

"I do." He grabbed a plateful of spaghetti, grabbing a few pieces of fruit to eat and a slice of watermelon. "Awesome. Just get what you like." He motioned with his fork, then took to eating his spaghetti.

He didn't slurp it like he used to, not wanting Audrey to have a bad image of him, so he ate it gently. He ate a few grapes and took a sip of Pumpkin Juice. "Ever drink Pumpkin Juice?"

TheStampede

Audrey started putting a little bit of everything on her plate.

"Can't say I have, but pumplin juice sounds great."

Audrey ate at a steady pace. She didn't want to pig out like she felt like doing, with Max there. After about thirty minutes the food was replaced with desert. Audrey decided to eat a small piece of cheese cake, although she knew she wanted to eat a lot more. Now that she had a decent amount of food in her Audrey was starting to feel rather sleepy.

Dani13

Max took a piece of Pecan Pie, tearing the pecans off to eat them instead of the pie. He got sleep as the food disappeared from the plates. The Prefect stood up and told all the Ravenclaws to follow him.

He nudged Audrey. "C'mon then, we gotta go to bed."

TheStampede

Audrey heard an older student calling "First year Ravenclaws over here! Follow me."

Audrey, Max, and the other first year Ravenclaws walked over to the boy, whom appeared to be about 15. He told them he was a prefect and would show them to the Ravenclaw dorms. They followed him up the marble staircase and up multiple floors. Then the went up a tall, spiral staircase. At the top of the stairs was a wooden door that had a bronze eagle knocker on it. The prefect stopped and stared at the knocker.

"What came first, the Phoenix or the flame?" The knocker asked. Several students jumped or gasped when they heard it speak.

"This door has no doornob," the prefect explained. "The knocker always ask a question, and it will not open until someone answers correctly." The prefect then turned back to the knocker. "A circle has no end and no beginning."

The door sung open, revealing the dormitory common room.

Dani13

Max nodded thoughtfully. "Like an ourorboros." He grinned at Audrey. "The dragon eating it's own tail and all." He followed the rest of the Ravenclaws into a blue and gold room. It was nice and cozy, the fire crackling happily as the Prefect went over the rules. "No staying out past 10, boys don't go into girl's, and vice versa, not that you could."

Max chuckled to himself at that. The Prefect continued. "Keep up your studies, stay out of conflicts, and we'll all be on good terms. Have a great year. Now go to bed." He stated, pointing out that the girl's dorms were up one staircase while the boys were up another. Max turned to Audrey. "Well, Goodnight I suppose. I'll see you in the morning."

TheStampede

Audrey didn't seem well that night. She was excited, and scared at the same time. Was Max right when he said it wouldn't be weird for her not to know anything about magic? It was at least midnight when she finally fell asleep. When she woke up the next morning she found herself rushing to get ready. But it wasn't class she was eagar for.

TheStampede

Dani13

Max tossed and turned all night. He wasn't used to the snoring of other people in his room. It was odd, and he didn't much like it. Eventually, he did fall asleep, dreaming about classes and magic and Audrey.

When he woke up, he yawned, stretched, and got dressed. His brain kicked in about 10 minutes later as he was putting his shoes on that today was first day of classes with Audrey! He grinned and pulled his shoes one before making his way downstairs, yawning. 'I hate mornings...' he thought as he entered the Common Room.

TheStampede

Audrey was excited as she half-ran down the stairs, her bookbag on her back. She made herself stop and calm down slightly before entering the common room. She didn't want to look TOO excited. There was Max, looking around the room.

"Hey, there," she said to him. "Sleep well? I did."

Dani13

Max waved his hand at her. "You're a morning person. I, on the other hand, am not." He shrugged. "Sure sure, why not? I slept fine." He ran a hand through his hair, not knowing exactly why he was messing with it. He usually left it messy. "C'mon, I'm hungry."

TheStampede

Audrey did not talk much while walking to the dining hall. She was having trouble deciding what to say. When she sat down, she started eating quickly. She wanted to say something cool or funny, but she couldn't think of anything.

Dani13

Max laughed, shaking his head. "You know, it's not a competition." He took a waffle and drenched it in syrup, taking a bite. "What's got you all bothered?" he asked as he ate.

TheStampede

"Just nervous," she replied. "It's the first day of classes." She tought quietly for a moment. "And there's no telling what our teachers will be expecting us to know. I mean at least you used to this stuff. What if I'm...no good." Audrey blushed furiously. She had not meant t say has much as she had. What would Max think of her freaking out like this.

Dani13

Max nodded thoughtfully. "No one's 'no good'. You either have it or you don't. And the fact that you're here means you got it." He smiled at her, patting her shoulder. "Don't worry so much," he said as their head of house passed out the schedule. "They don't expect everyone to know everything the first day." He looked at the schedule. "Sweet, Potions."

TheStampede

Audrey looked at her schedule. That morning they had double Potions with the Hufflepuffs, and then they had lunch. That afternoon they had Charms, and History of Magic.

"And Charms after lunch." She let out a sigh. "Well, I guess we'll know how good I am soon enough."

Dani13

Max wanted to clap her on the shoulder like he used to do to his cousin, who was also prone to tearing down his own will, but he didn't think she'd like him smacking her so he just placed his hand on her shoulder. "You'll do find. It'll be fun! Or so says my mom, but then again she was a wiz in Charms." He chuckled.

After they were done eating, they followed behind the other Ravenclaws so that they wouldn't get lost on the way to the potions. He looked warily down the stairs. "It's in the dungeons?"

TheStampede

Audrey placed her hand on his shoulder. "Nervous are you?"

They both looked at each other and both gave a small laugh. They walked down into the dungeons, which where rather creepy, and found themsleves standing outside the class room door with the other students.

"Well, this is the class you were so excited about," Audrey said to Max

They heard the door slowly open.

OOG: are we just going to use the same teachers as those in the books?

Dani13

Max looked up as Professor Snape opened the door, his cape billowing behind him. On anyone else this would have been completely funny and weird, but Max had a feeling that if he laughed something BAD would happen. "Well? Don't just stand there all day." Snape snapped at them, forcing all the 1st years to scramble inside. Max sat next to Audrey in a middle desk. He looked over at the cauldron that had yet to be used.

OOG: Um...Yeah, Snape and all them, yeah. Who else but Snape can strike fear into the hearts of students? except McGonnagel. But...for DADA I think we should use someone new, like Lupin (a werewolf) but not him. This isn't with Harry so Lupin wouldn't be at Hogwarts. That and

TheStampede

Snape started class by taking roll, and then going into a long winded speech about how difficult Potions was going to be. He ended the speech with "I can teach you to bottle fame, brew glory, and even stopper death - if you aren't as a big a bunch of idiots as I usually have to teach."

Audrey was shaking slightly after hearing this speech. Snape's eyes instantly focused on her.

"Reed! Where would I look if I wanted to find a bezoar."

Audrey couldn't believe she was being asked a question this early into class.

"I...I...," she was barely able to speak.

Dani13

Max leaned slightly, his movement barely seen as he whispered gently, "Goat." and motioned at his stomach. Either he was a really good actor, or Snape was getting on in years, because he didn't notice...hopefully. He smiled inside at his 'spy' move.

TheStampede

Audrey suddenly remembered something she read about a stone that worked as an antidote that was found in the stomach of animals, but it was in a book of urban legends.

"I...I think you would want to look in the stomach of a goat."

"Two points from Ravenclaw," Snape said coldly. "One for Samuals helping you, and one for accepting his help. I don't suppose you have a clue what its used for."

"It's an antidote for most poisons," she said defiantly. Snape did not reply immediately, which made Audrey think that she had been wrong and had just made herself look stupid.

"Indeed it is."

Dani13

Max scowled at him as Snape wandered off to torment some poor Hufflepuffs who had just started taking notes and he was asking why weren't they taking notes before? Max huffed and turned to Audrey. "You still did good. He's just hard-up." He shook his head and pulled out some parchment to write down notes. They wouldn't make a potion today but it would be this week.

TheStampede

After class Max and Audrey walked to lunch together. She was feeling pretty down after what they went through in potions. Audrey sat down at the middle of the long Ravenclaw table. She scooping food on to her plate without really paying attention to what she was doing.

"I'm so useless," Audrey moaned. "Losing points for Ravenclaw on the first day of classes."

Dani13

Max poked her with a straw. "Hey now, everyone loses points, don't feel so down about it." He shrugged, grabbing some mashed potatoes. "Besides, you'll make it up later. Promise! We got Charms next." he said, eating a couple bites. "Eat up, I've heard History of Magic's a pure bore. That old ghost never moved on." He swallowed before moving close to her. "I heard that he fell asleep in front of the fireplace and got lit up, showed up next morning for class." he whispered.

TheStampede

Audrey inched a little closer to Max.

"That's true," she said softly. "I always liked history." Audrey ate quickly again. "Come on. Let's get to Charms early."

Max and Audrey got lost more than once on the way to charms. The castle was large and had plenty of empty rooms. They got there at the same time as the Ravenclaws. Flitwick started class by calling roll.

"Now," said Flitwick, "Who can tell me what a charm is."

Audrey and another girl across the room raised their hands.

"Charms is one of the seven known spell types," the other girls blurted out.

"Charms change or add to properties of an object. It also changes what an object does, as opposed to what an object is, like in transfiguration."

"One point to Ravenclaw for each of you. Now who can give some examples of some charms we might learn in this class."

Audrey was determined to be first this time and forwent raising her hand altogether. "There's the hover charm and the cheering charm."

The other girl was sitting with her hand in the air looking insulted. "There is also the summoning charm, banishing charm, engorgement charm, silencing charm, and the confundus charms."

"Oh my," Flitwick said. "Let's not forget to raise our hands now. Anyway, what do you say one point for each spell listed. So that would be seven points to Ravenclaw.

Dani13

Max silently laughed at Audrey's and the other girl's little battle of wits. He opened his Charms book as Flitwick told them to try the hover charm. "Remember class; swish and flick! Wingardium Leviosa!" He made the motion a few times before casting the spell on a book, making it float above the desk.

Every 1st year stared in awe before it floated back down. Feathers appeared on everyone's desk. "Now, I want you to practice everyone! Try very hard." He made the swish and flick motions before letting them at it.

Max poked the feather before shrugging. He pointed his wand, making the motion. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

TheStampede

Audrey watched Max for a minute before trying the spell herself.

"Wingardian Levioso," she said without paying much attention to what she was doing. The feather began to spin on the desk. "Oh, no. Wingardium Leviosa." The feather began to rise into the air. it continued to spin, but at a slower rate. Audrey decided to force a smile on her face. "Pretty impressive, uh?"

Dani13

Max nodded, concentrating on his rising feather. He muttered, "For the first time, yeah." He smirked and jerked his wrist, making the feather bump hers. It didn't distrupt anything but it was funny. "I poked your feather." He chuckled.

TheStampede

Audrey jabbed her index finger into Max's ribs. "And now I poked you. Want to do something about it?"

Dani13

Max smirked. "Don't make me put the babbling curse on you!" When Flitwick wasn't looking, he pushed the feather against her nose, tickling her. "There!" He chuckled before the Professor looked at the both of them oddly. He quickly got quiet.

TheStampede

Audrey just shook her head at him and concentrated on trying to get her feather to sit still. When it got close to the end of class she turned back to Max.

"I wonder who could get a hex off first. You or me?" She said snidely

Dani13

Max smirked at her. "Me of course, I know a couple." He waggled his eyebrows, joking with her. "Of course, I have heard that girls are quite scary when they cast the Bat Bogey so..." He chuckled, standing up when the Professor released them. "You could be a very frightening person on the end of a wand." He grabbed his backpack. "C'mon, let's go see the ghost Professor."

TheStampede

Professor Binns was indeed a ghost as the rumors said. He was also the most boring teacher Audrey had ever had. She always liked history in primary school, but she had never had a teacher drone on and on in a monotone. Still, she wrote down everything he said, exactly as he said it. The more she wrote, the more sure she was that in the hands of almost any other teacher, it would be one of her favorite classes.

Dani13

Max's head was bobbing up and down, his eyes heavy as the teacher kept going on in monotone. It was making him so tired. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to keep awake, but eventually his head plopped down, like most of the class, and he fell asleep to the voice of Professor Binns.

TheStampede

Audrey breathed into Max's ear multiple times until he woke up.

"Awake yet, sleepy head."

The classroom was completely empty. Audrey hadn't noticed Max had fallen asleep until Binns had dismissed the class. She decided to wait until everyone else had left to wake him up, and couldn't resist having a little fun with him.

Dani13

Max jerked, barely missing Audrey's head as his head flew up. "Gah! You womanizer!" He stopped and blinked at her sleepily. "G'morning Audrey. What day is it?" He wiped at his eyes, looking around before standing up. "Hey everyone's gone. Huh. What'd I miss?"

TheStampede

"What did you miss? People watching you snore. Everyone laughing at as they left. The teacher not noticing a bit of it."

Audrey saw that Max looked completely confused and dazed.

"I'm joking. You didn't miss anything interesting. Now hurry up. It's dinner time."

Dani13

Max mumbled something, yawning widely as they left. "I always liked history, but I swear that man can put an insomniac to sleep." He ran a hnd through his hair, walking towards the dining hall.  "Hey we got free time after this right? Let's go see the lake, my mom says there's a giant squid in it."

TheStampede

Audrey started to scowl. She couldn't help but imagine very bad reasons he would want to get her near a monster with tentacles. She became aware of him looking at her funny.

"Yeah, I guess that would be okay. I just don't want to stay out too late. We have transfiguration in the morning and I want to be well rested before taking that class on."

Dani13

Max blinked. "O...k. I don't even want to know what you believed, so!" He grinned and sat down at the Ravenclaw table, grabbing some mashed potatoes. "Besides, Transfiguration's fun! You know what a Animagus is?"

TheStampede

"A whosawhat now?" She was not sure what he had said. It sounded like animagus, but that was not a word. Or was it.

Once Max was done getting mashed patatoes, she started scooping some on to her plate. She also grabbed a couple rolls.

Dani13

Max gulped his mouthful down. "An-i-mag-us. It's a person who can turn into an animal. Professor McGonnagel can change into a cat, or so I've heard." He drank a bit of Pumpkin Juice.

"Anyone can do it, but you have register with the MoM before you officialy change. I heard from a 7th year that there's a potion that reveals your inner animal." He shrugged. "Wouldn't that be awesome?"

TheStampede

"I guess." Audrey shrugged. "I don't really see the what the big deal is. I mean, there's so much you can do with magic. Why would turning into a dog be all that cool when can summon them?"

Audrey was not feeling very hungry. "So when are we going to go see this giant squid monster?"

Dani13

Max shrugged and ate the last bit of his mashed potatoes. "I dunno, being an animal is pretty cool. I would wanna be...something with wings!" He nodded.

He got up, pushing his plate forward. "Alright, come on. Let's go see if it's real or not!" He led Audrey outside, looking around. He saw the lake and tugged Audrey over towards it. "C'mon let's go!"

TheStampede

Audrey was surprised at how beautiful the lake looked at sunset. She decided to sit down by the shore, and tugged on Max's hand to get him to sit beside her. She reached into her school bag and pulled out a pumpkin pasty she had saved from the train.

"Maybe this will get its attention," she said softly. And she threw it has hard as she could towards the middle of the lake. It did not go as far she hoped it would. Maybe ten yards at the most. "Well, that seems to have failed."

Then a tenticle came out of the water and grabbed the sweet. Audrey screamed and threw herself at Max.

Dani13

Max laughed, holding Audrey as the tentacle waved at them both, pulling the treat underwater where it probably would eat it. "Awesome! Just like Mom said!" He grinned, patting Audrey's shoulder. "Something to write home about, eh Auds?" He laughed again.

TheStampede

Audrey started blushing furiously again. "Yeah...i guess so." She said as she slowly pulled away from him. "Right. Well. Let's go up stairs sh-shall we."

She lead the way back to the Ravenclaw commonroom, where she took a seat on a sofa near the fire. "So, not sick of me yet?'

Dani13

Max shook his head, plopping down beside her. "Nah, you're...interesting, for lack of a better word." He grinned before crossing his arms behind his head. "Having fun here in the wizard world? Is it any different from the muggle one?"

TheStampede

"It doesn't seem too different than the muggle world." Audrey yawned. "It still has classes, and food, and annoying people, and all kinds of normal, every day stuff."

Audrey felt her eyes drooping. Between her full stomach, her lack of sleep the night before and the warm fire she could not help how tired she felt. She was considering getting up and going to bed, when she noislessly slouched over and feel asleep, right there on the sofa.

Dani13

Max blinked when Audrey went completely slack, then stifled a laugh that came out as a snort. 'She fell asleep!' he chuckled in his mind. He thought about taking her to her room, but boys couldn't go up there. He popped his lips as he thought before he went upstairs to his room, grabbing an unused blanket and heading back down to wrap her up in it.

He sighed, sliding a couch pillow under her head and kissing her forehead. He blushed immediatly after that, not knowing why he would before heading back upstairs.

TheStampede

"Kid. Hey kid! Wake up!" Audrey was so confused. She had been dreaming about the giant squid. She was sitting by the lake when the squid came out of the water and started speaking to her in a raspy voice. It told her that she should relax around Max, and the its voice changed to that of a woman's and started telling he to wake up. Audrey then felt someone shake her roughly. She opened her eyes and saw an older student looking at her. She saw that she had a badge that read "Head Girl".

"You fell asleep in the commonroom," she explained to her. "Someone put a blanket on you, but you can't sleep down her."

"I...wha...,' Audrey was still confused about what was going on. She then noticed the blanket that had been placed on her. So she had fallen asleep on the couch in the commonroom. She then looked at the Head Girl's face. She was looking at Audrey like she felt sorry for her.

"Come on kid," she whispered. "Let's just get you upstairs." She pulled Audrey off the couch and lead he up stairs. "Now go to bed, and... if there's anything you need to talk to me about I'm always here to help."

Audrey laid down in bed without changing out of her robes and fell immediately back to sleep.

Dani13

Max sighed as he woke up. The sun bugged him in the morning. He rolled out of bed, took a shower and got dressed, rubbing his eyes.

He went downstairs but didn't see Audrey. 'Hopefully she went to bed instead of sleepwalking...' he thought. 'Does she even sleepwalk?' He thought on this for a while, sitting on the couch and looking at the dying fire.

TheStampede

Audrey walked downstairs with the blanket folded under her arms. When she first woke up she was not sure if she had merely dreamed it all or not until she realized she was under the blanket that had been left on her.

Audrey saw Max sitting on the couch where they had sat the night before. She walked over to him and sat down beside him. "I don't suppose you know who this belongs to, do you?"

Dani13

Max jumped out of his musings. "Gah! You woman!" He huffed when he calmed down.

He crossed his arms with a small blush, looking away. "I don't know what you're talking about." He stuck his tongue out, messing with her.

TheStampede

Audrey blinked rapidly in his direction. "Okie, dokie. I think I'll just go down to breakfast while you finish being insane."

Audrey jumped back up and half-ran out of the commonroom and down the spiral staircase. Are all boys that weird?

Dani13

Max blinked before running after her. "I'm not insane!" He laughed as he hurried down the staircase after her, the portraits either shushing him or cooing something about "young love". Ew.

He panted, out of breath, as he walked into the Great Hall. "You left me behind!"

TheStampede

"And you babbled incoherently?" She replied. "I guess that makes us even. Now are going to tell me who this belongs to or not?"

Dani13

Max shrugged, not facing. "Well, you looked cold! So I-ya know, whatever! Gotyouablanket..." He muttered the last part, not willing to tell her face to face. "Besides, I do NOT babble!"

TheStampede

"Weeeeell. I you know what this means, right? This blanket is mine now and you can't have it back." Audrey started eating her breakfast, actively trying to not look at Max.

Dani13

Max gaped at her.  "You...you woman! Taking blankets from innocent people!" He made a vague gesture. "Honestly, do a bit of kindness and she steals your blanket. I swear..." He shook his head and soon the owls starting coming in. "Hey mail's in."

TheStampede

Audrey was startled by the sight of dozens of birds flying in through the windows. The same thing had happened the day before, but she was just as startled as the first time she had seen it.

"I guess that's one thing I'll never get to enjoy here. I don't know anyone that would send me mail by owl."

Dani13

Max blinked. "Don't your parents send anything to ya?" He gulped down a mouthful of Pumpkin Juice when an owl flew in front of him. "Send them an owl, they'll send one back." He shrugged.

TheStampede

"Send them an... Last time I checked there weren't just owls sitting around for anyone to use!" Audrey said in protest.

Audrey looked at Max and upon seeing the look on his face, realized that there were probably dozens of school owls that anyone could use. She smacked her head on the table. She had headdesked many times before but never had she felt something creamy on her head immediately after doing it. She realized she had just slammed her forehead into her uneaten scrambled eggs.  :-[

Dani13

Max blinked, stifling a laugh as he handed her a napkin. "Uh, y-you got s-s-something on your head." He made a snorting noise before going back to the owl in front of him, grabbing the Daily Prophet his mom sent him, flipping to the Quidditch section. "I'll show you the Owls after breakfast if you want. Wanna read with me? It's pretty interesting." He refused to meet her eye, not knowing if he'd laugh or not.

TheStampede

Audrey wiped the egg of off her head as people around them started to laugh. "Ha ha ha. Very funny." Audrey threw the napkin down on the table. "We need to get to Transfiguration remember. Knowing the two of us, if we make any detours, we'll be late."

Audrey jugged a class of pumpkin juice, and grabbed her stuff as she stood up.

"Come on. We need to get going, don't you think?"

Dani13

Max nodded, folding up his paper to shove in his bag. He swigged the last bit of juice before hurrying after. "I'm coming, hold up!" They went into the hallway, following behind the other 1st years who had Transfiguration. One group was talking about how McGonnagel made a very convincing cat.

TheStampede

"It sure seems like people around here are obsessed with cats," Audrey said offhandedly.

When they got to the Transfiguration classroom, Professor McGonnagel was already standing in the front of the class, looking as serious as ever. Audrey and Max took seats in the front of the class. There were glad they did, because that had a perfect view when the teacher decided to start class by turning her desk in to a pig and back again. She then handed matches to all of the students and told them to turn them in to needles.

Dani13

Max sucked on his teeth as he tried to make match into a needle, but it merely made the match more silver looking than wooden. He groaned, huffing slightly while McGonnagel's back was turned. "Well, I didn't get my dad's skills. How are you doing?" he asked looking over at Audrey.

TheStampede

Audrey had managed to get the match to take on a shape similar to a needle, but it still appeared to made of wood and the tip of it was red.

"I guess I'm doing okay," Audrey whispered. "At least I'm not making it do backflips or anything."

Audrey could suddenly swear she felt McGonnagel staring at her, and decided to stop talking.

Dani13

Max chuckled because as soon as Audrey's words left her mouth, the Hufflepuff girl that was sitting next to her had an acrobatic match who decided to tempt fate by launching itself off the table. He laughed inwardly before turning back to his match. He sighed. "I hate needles..."

TheStampede

Audrey concentrated on her attempts to transfigure the match for the rest of class. Right before McGonnagel ended class Audrey managed to get the match to fully transform into a needle.

"Needles aren't too bad," Audrey said, as if he had only made the comment about hating them only a moment ago. "Come on Defense Against the Dark Arts is next."

Dani13

Max grinned at that and pushed his half-needle/half-match towards the center of the table. "Thank goodness!" He got up, grabbing his bag as they walked out. As they made their way towards DADA, Max told Audrey "I heard it's a cursed position. Anyone that takes it never lasts a year." He shrugged. "Kinda odd isn't it?"

TheStampede

"That does seem weird?" Audrey said, sounding concerned. "What happens to all of them?"

Dani13

"Huh? Oh, I think they quit." He shrugged at the thought. "Or at least a couple did. Some fled from the castle screaming, or so says the 7th years I've heard talk." They got near the group that was standing around the DADA classroom. "Maybe they'll stay more than a year this time."

TheStampede

"It seems like that would make trying to learn the subject really difficult," Audrey said. "I mean it can't make for a really consistent subject, having the instructor change all the time. Then again I suppose it could allow you to get a fuller understanding of the subject, if you know what I mean."

Audrey started tapping her foot, growing impatient waiting for the door to open.

"Do you remember the teachers name by any chance?"

Dani13

Max pulled out the schedule, looking over it. "Mr....Ringalds? I don't know think I know him, but the name rings a bell..." He tapped his head slightly. "Eh, I'll look it up." The door opened up, revealing a man with blonde scraggly hair and baggy eyes. His clothes, however, were pressed and straight. He was looking over all the students before motioning them in. "Well come on in then. Let's go."

He left the door open as they all filed in. Max looked over the classroom, wondering what they would do first. He got in the desk near the front, finding that the man had instructed them to turn to a page dedicated to the introduction of Defensive spells.