The Dungeons of Doom, a light RPG system

Started by Ajoxer, December 06, 2010, 02:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Hey. There's a little system I put together. This writeup was meant to simulate the adventures in Homestuck, if you're wondering about the terminology.

The Rules
Character creation: Have your player/s choose a race and class. Each race and class has an advantage and a disadvantage in one of the three Trollish virtues: Strifeliness, Plotitude, and Romancemanship. For instance, you might be a Cyan-Blood Troll, giving you a bonus to plotitude and a penalty to Romancemanship, and a Corsair, giving you a bonus to Strifeliness and a penalty to Plotitude. You will also need to pick somewhere from 6-10 kinks that you wish the FLARPing scenario to involve, usually things that can be done to you as some kind of consequence. Transformation is good, for example. You will also want to choose how death is arbitrated, and what the reward for victory will be, not to mention the difficulty.

FLARPing is separated into numerous encounters. An encounter begins whenever the Clouder feels is appropriate, and goes as such: Clouder rolls 1d3 to determine the combat formate. Strifeliness involves fighting, Plotitude involves puzzles and thinking, and Romancemanship is about convincing enemies and NPCs. Then, both the player and Clouder roll d20s. For each disadvantage the player has in a virtue, the Clouder rolls an extra D20, and takes the highest of the d20s rolled. For each advantage, the player rolls an extra d20. When you get the results, subtract the player's roll from the Clouder's. If you roll a 0-4, the Clouder rolls on the consequence table- 1d(the number of consequences rolled). 5-9, the Clouder rolls twice on the table. 10-14, 3 times, and so forth. A small scene then follows showing those consequences being applied to the player. The player takes a penalty to all future rolls equal to the number of consequences.

If the player rolls higher than the clouder, there are several options, chosen before the game. They may inflict the consequence on monsters, they may simply succeed in the challenge with no embarrassing things, gaining treasure, levels, or such and such, or they may find an antidote to or protection from the consequence.

Death: Death is rarely actually death. It is more often simply the player being kept from being able to continue their quest. The player may 'die' by one of three primary methods, chosen before the game: Threshold, HP, and Accumulation. Threshold is if they player rolls a certain amount under the Clouder- say, 20 or more below. HP is if the player gets a certain level of penalty to their rolls- say, -10. And Accumulation, if the player rolls a single kink a certain number of times- say, 3 times- they lose a life. This results in a rather longer scene, and resets both the player and the Clouder's bonuses/penalties to +0.

Difficulty levels
Easy: Player has 5 lives, the Clouder's bonus does not change, the player can get as many bonuses to their roll as they roll. Normal: Player has 3 lives, the Clouder's bonus increases by 1 each encounter, the player only gets a +1 to their roll, no matter how well they win. Hard: Player has 1 life, the Clouder's bonus increases by 2 each encounter, and the player does not get a bonus to rolls for winning.

So, Where Do I Come In Sir?
I'm looking for submissives, of any gender, interested in playing through this. The more open you are to kinks, the better. Feel free to PM me for more information of all kinds, half of the fun of these scenes is planning them out a bit.

Theme is incredibly flexible, though a few of my favorites would be: Lovecraftian investigation, Exalted adventure, and those sorts of things.

It's very important to note that your character... isn't going to be winning these. It's pretty much guaranteed that they are going to go down, and go down quite hard.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Schrödinger

Dungeons? Or other settings as well? Let's just say I have a tentative interest in this and we'll see who else is willing to give this system a run for its money, yes? 

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Schrödinger on December 06, 2010, 02:34:12 PM
Dungeons? Or other settings as well? Let's just say I have a tentative interest in this and we'll see who else is willing to give this system a run for its money, yes? 

i already contacted him ^^ still waiting for some more input from his side ^^
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

schnookums

This does seem rather intriguing, although my tastes do tend to run rather exotic though.

Schrödinger

Well, rather than complain that this is quite a sausage fest so far, maybe I should post something constructive. I think the least we could do is make a quick list of settings we could and would like to play in, just so we can see what might tickle our fancies.

I mean, a dungeon romp is all fine and good, but I would suppose we could be a little more creative than that. Superheroes and heroines, in a given city, on a given world or maybe even their sector in space? Interplanatary explorers (though I would imagine that to become a derelict ship romp as opposed to a dungeon crawl, as dungeon to sci-fi games wont be)? Not sure if people gibbering in utter fear over some creature defying the natural order would be all up our alley. I mean, it'd be new for me, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, at least!

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]