Threads locking on their own?

Started by Brandon, June 01, 2011, 11:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Kind of a wierd thing happened today. Ive had a game running for around 8 months now with Jaqueline. She did a reply last night and I went to write the next one a few hours ago to find that our thread was locked. Aside from the staff the only one who had the power to do that was me, and I know that I didnt lock it. I had to PM her and see if the same thing was happening and when she confirmed it I went back to take another look via the thread listing instead of the thread itself. As far as I could tell the thread was completely locked, even the lock button on the already locked thread said lock topic (I also didnt have a lock or unlock option inside the thread). So I clicked the lock topic and the thread was unlocked allowing us to post again

I figured I would point it out to the staff. I dont know if its something others are experiencing or if its just a one in a million hiccup. Just thought I would bring it to everyones attention
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Beguile's Mistress

What is the link for your story?

PM it to me if you don't want to post it here.

Vekseid

Hmm.

If you're able to unlock it, that means it was a user-level lock. Maybe you had another window open where you accidentally locked it?

Brandon

I highly doubt that Veks, I sent the thread link to Beguiled to look at. The location of the lock topic link within the thread is lower then I ever go when posting. At most Ill go down to the links that lead to other parts of elliquiy and the lock topic tool is below that.

On top of that, when I went into the threads listing with the other Bondage: Human solo threads I noticed it was locked but the little padlock icon was also in the lock thread position, not the unlock position. Even when I scrolled over the icon I got a lock topic message pop up instead of unlock topic. I dont know if thats normal or not since I dont tend to unlock threads. Everything on my end indicated that it was an unlocked topic except there was no reply tool inside and it was blued out like any other locked thread.

Perhaps we have a case of schodingers thread with it being simultaneously locked and unlocked? :P
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play