The Magicians: Legacies (Freeform Sandbox) [Recruiting]

Started by Kakihara, August 10, 2023, 08:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

Dang, lots of information--

Also could you please hold Karina Valero for me?? Please and thank you.

Quote from: Timeless on August 11, 2023, 08:43:04 PM

>3> I see yooooouuuuu~

I tried to sneak in.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Kakihara

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 11, 2023, 09:02:03 PM
Dang, lots of information--

Also could you please hold Karina Valero for me?? Please and thank you.

I tried to sneak in.
Reserved.  Yeah, I tried to keep it to a minimum but feel free to ask any questions or such.  Some of it is just extraneous for extra though.   ;D

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Kakihara on August 11, 2023, 09:07:04 PM
Reserved.  Yeah, I tried to keep it to a minimum but feel free to ask any questions or such.  Some of it is just extraneous for extra though.   ;D

It's good though, gave me a couple ideas reading it over even though I was already familiar with most of it.

And while we're reservin' I'm gonna go ahead and claim Siobhan Atwell.

Kakihara

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on August 11, 2023, 09:09:24 PM
It's good though, gave me a couple ideas reading it over even though I was already familiar with most of it.

And while we're reservin' I'm gonna go ahead and claim Siobhan Atwell.
Sweet.  Glad it was helpful, though I do need to do a little organizing here for quick links.

And reserved.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kakihara on August 11, 2023, 09:07:04 PM

It's good info, though.

Too bad I can't write a Hedge (That shit is up my alley due to real-life pagan concepts and practices). I know I will want to write a student...beyond that, I am still reading.

Are you looking for particular types or are you waiting to see what people come up with first?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kakihara

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 11, 2023, 09:17:09 PM
It's good info, though.

Too bad I can't write a Hedge (That shit is up my alley due to real-life pagan concepts and practices). I know I will want to write a student...beyond that, I am still reading.

Are you looking for particular types or are you waiting to see what people come up with first?
Not especially.  It's pretty open though like a mix of those clueless about the magical world and those who come from families of mages would be good. 

Though I should point out, hedges are a possibility as well.  Skewing a bit from the TV show, I do plan on having a local town where a number of hedges have set up shop as there is a project with the university to try and reduce the enmity between the two factions.  It's actually inspired by one of the Magicians comic books I read.  So there will be hedges involved just not on campus.  It may offer second character opportunities for people at least. 

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kakihara on August 11, 2023, 09:26:09 PM
Not especially.  It's pretty open though like a mix of those clueless about the magical world and those who come from families of mages would be good. 

Though I should point out, hedges are a possibility as well.  Skewing a bit from the TV show, I do plan on having a local town where a number of hedges have set up shop as there is a project with the university to try and reduce the enmity between the two factions.  It's actually inspired by one of the Magicians comic books I read.  So there will be hedges involved just not on campus.  It may offer second character opportunities for people at least.

SWEET!! Tucks this away for later, just in case I gotta crash soon, but you'll have something worth looking at from me sometime this weekend.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Timeless

Quote from: Kakihara on August 11, 2023, 08:48:04 PM
Reserved

>3>;; Uhhh, sorry - I changed my mind. Would like to reserve Dytto aka Courtney Nicole Kelly. Sorry for the inconvenience! >3<

Kakihara

Quote from: Timeless on August 12, 2023, 08:54:24 AM
>3>;; Uhhh, sorry - I changed my mind. Would like to reserve Dytto aka Courtney Nicole Kelly. Sorry for the inconvenience! >3<
No problem, updated.  Looking forward to what you will do with the face claim.

Timeless

Quote from: Kakihara on August 12, 2023, 09:18:08 AM
No problem, updated.  Looking forward to what you will do with the face claim.

Actually, I was thinking to make my character come from a prestigious magical family. Is that something I could do, or not permissible?

Mellific

I've been having a heck of a time just settling on a FC for this.

But can I please reserve Dianna Agron and Mimi Keene? Thinking of making Dianna a teacher and Mimi a student. But I still need to figure out disciplines and all that. xD

O/O | A/A | MM

Wolfling72

So-- This is what I came up with:

Triple Gee

Name: Geneva Gayle Grierson
Gender/Sexuality : Female | Demisexual/Polyamorous

Birthplace: Baltimore MD

Year: 2nd

Magical Discipline: Physical

Physical Appearance: Geneva is a sprite of a woman at barely 4'11" and weighing a tiny 100 pounds. Her hair is a wild mess of curls and adds at least three inches to her total height, though she'll deny it if you ask. Unmarked by tattoos, she has a sunburst-shaped scar on both hands from an accident a few years prior. Her clothing choices are only limited by her imagination though she tends toward demure and feminine. She's heard that she should wear heels to give herself some stature, but she refuses as she hates shoes and avoids them whenever possible.

Personality Traits:

• Assertive: Geneva has no problem explaining what she needs, why she needs it, and what she expects from others. She is clear, sets concise boundaries, and refuses to allow people to turn her into a doormat.
  • Creative: Gen sees the world through the lens of an artist. Her ability to problem solve and innovate is only limited by her imagination, and she will quickly arrive at a solution that often makes no sense to others.
  • Empathetic: She is attuned to the emotions of those around her and is a skilled listener and supportive friend.
  • Resilient: Gen maintains a positive outlook, learns from failure, and emerges stronger from difficult situations.
  • Self-Aware: Geneva understands her strengths, weaknesses, and motivations. This means that she is in a constant state of change as those things warp and change.

Brief History: Geneva is the product of a mixed marriage and the eldest child. Always a little wilder than her sister, Geneva was in trouble far more often than she should have been and could not figure out why. Her mother encouraged her love of dance and started her in classes VERY young as a way to channel her energy into something productive. As Gen grew older, she discovered poetry and used those words to channel her angst and rage at a world that didn't seem to understand her.

By the time she graduated from Baltimore School for the Arts, Geneva was well on her way to being placed in a fairly popular dance troupe and beginning her lifelong obsession with design. It was then, at only age 18, that her life changed. As her mother was taking her to a final audition before placement, their vehicle was hit in a head-on collision, resulting in her mom's death. She doesn't recall the accident, only that she awakened in a hospital with burns on the palms of her hands and only her little sister at her side.

Deep in his grief, her father blamed her for his wife's death. So, once Gen was released from the hospital, she left home, packing only the essentials and spending the next two years traveling. Just before her 20th birthday, while investigating a small bookstore in NYC's Greenwich Village, Geneva found herself somehow, elsewhere. She was offered a chance to test for a school of magic called Brakebills. Of course, she was sure they were LYING, but she tried anyway and was accepted.

Maybe this is where she belongs?

What are your character's goals both short and long-term? Short term? Geneva would like to finally get a handle on the magic she calls her own. Long-term? That's obvious! Combine her love of dance and poetry to become the world's first hip-hop dancer to perform spoken word while dancing! Okay, maybe not obvious. Honestly, she doesn't have long-term goals unless one counts surviving and developing enough that she can make a difference in the world.

Likes: Rain storms | Cooking | Full Moons | Dancing | CHOCOLATE | Random hugs | Words |Designing her own Clothes
Dislikes: SHOES | Rudeness | Depression | Alcohol | Loss of Control | Feeling Alone | Sleeping

Family & Friends:
Nikita Grierson - baby sister
Danica Devereaux-Grierson - Mother (DECEASED)
Daniel Grierson - Father

Face Claim: Karina Valero

On's and Off's: Not really applicable at this time but go here for an overview.

Extra: Geneva has an affinity to Fire
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Swashbuckler

Kakihara, looks great and with a great bunch!

Please reserve Dave Franco and Asa Butterfield for me.  I’ve got some figuring out to do on my own for Disciplines…

For Instructors, are they by Discipline, or should I keep vague and say “Staff” for now?

Kakihara

Quote from: Mellific on August 13, 2023, 09:59:24 AM
I've been having a heck of a time just settling on a FC for this.

But can I please reserve Dianna Agron and Mimi Keene? Thinking of making Dianna a teacher and Mimi a student. But I still need to figure out disciplines and all that. xD
Reserved

Quote from: Swashbuckler on August 13, 2023, 11:00:22 AM
Kakihara, looks great and with a great bunch!

Please reserve Dave Franco and Asa Butterfield for me.  I’ve got some figuring out to do on my own for Disciplines…

For Instructors, are they by Discipline, or should I keep vague and say “Staff” for now?
Most Instructors are based on their Discipline though there are other staff beyond instructors, Administration, Maintenance, Food Staff, Security, Health Staff.  Now some may have dual jobs, like the Head of Security also teaches dueling/combat spells.  There may even be room for a Librarian who may or may not be a liaison between the school and the Library of the Neitherlands. 

Kakihara

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 13, 2023, 10:28:51 AM

Triple Gee

Physical Appearance: Geneva is a sprite of a woman at barely 4'11" and weighing a tiny 100 pounds. Her hair is a wild mess of curls and adds at least three inches to her total height, though she'll deny it if you ask. Unmarked by tattoos, she has a sunburst-shaped scar on both hands from an accident a few years prior. Her clothing choices are only limited by her imagination though she tends toward demure and feminine. She's heard that she should wear heels to give herself some stature, but she refuses as she hates shoes and avoids them whenever possible.

Personality Traits:

• Assertive: Geneva has no problem explaining what she needs, why she needs it, and what she expects from others. She is clear, sets concise boundaries, and refuses to allow people to turn her into a doormat.
  • Creative: Gen sees the world through the lens of an artist. Her ability to problem solve and innovate is only limited by her imagination, and she will quickly arrive at a solution that often makes no sense to others.
  • Empathetic: She is attuned to the emotions of those around her and is a skilled listener and supportive friend.
  • Resilient: Gen maintains a positive outlook, learns from failure, and emerges stronger from difficult situations.
  • Self-Aware: Geneva understands her strengths, weaknesses, and motivations. This means that she is in a constant state of change as those things warp and change.

Brief History: Geneva is the product of a mixed marriage and the eldest child. Always a little wilder than her sister, Geneva was in trouble far more often than she should have been and could not figure out why. Her mother encouraged her love of dance and started her in classes VERY young as a way to channel her energy into something productive. As Gen grew older, she discovered poetry and used those words to channel her angst and rage at a world that didn't seem to understand her.

By the time she graduated from Baltimore School for the Arts, Geneva was well on her way to being placed in a fairly popular dance troupe and beginning her lifelong obsession with design. It was then, at only age 18, that her life changed. As her mother was taking her to a final audition before placement, their vehicle was hit in a head-on collision, resulting in her mom's death. She doesn't recall the accident, only that she awakened in a hospital with burns on the palms of her hands and only her little sister at her side.

Deep in his grief, her father blamed her for his wife's death. So, once Gen was released from the hospital, she left home, packing only the essentials and spending the next two years traveling. Just before her 20th birthday, while investigating a small bookstore in NYC's Greenwich Village, Geneva found herself somehow, elsewhere. She was offered a chance to test for a school of magic called Brakebills. Of course, she was sure they were LYING, but she tried anyway and was accepted.

What are your character's goals both short and long-term? Short term? Geneva would like to finally get a handle on the magic she calls her own. Long-term? That's obvious! Combine her love of dance and poetry to become the world's first hip-hop dancer to perform spoken word while dancing! Okay, maybe not obvious. Honestly, she doesn't have long-term goals unless one counts surviving and developing enough that she can make a difference in the world.

Likes: Rain storms | Cooking | Full Moons | Dancing | CHOCOLATE | Random hugs | Words |Designing her own Clothes
Dislikes: SHOES | Rudeness | Depression | Alcohol | Loss of Control | Feeling Alone | Sleeping

Family & Friends:
Daniel Grierson - Father

The character looks good.  Approved.  Feel free to post her in the Character sheet thread.

virtualblue

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 13, 2023, 10:28:51 AM

Triple Gee

Personality Traits:

Family & Friends:
Daniel Grierson - Father

Our characters have some similar interests and are in the same year. Maybe they know one another?

Clancy Fury

Foxy DeVille

Everyone loves a bad girl. And a bad boy. And a bad those who lie betwixt...

Name: Artemis/Artemus d’Eon

Gender/Sexuality : Fluid/Omni

Birthplace: Kentville, Nova Scotia

Year: Expelled

Magical Discipline: Knowledge/Horomancy

Physical Appearance: Generally speaking, d’Eon is a slim brunette standing just under five foot eleven. They prefer well-tailored clothes in solid colors. Due to their magically fluid nature, d’Eon’s body can fluctuate quite a bit. Hair, complexion, and build, although they still present as either androgynous or feminine. No matter what their physical form, d’Eon always has a tattoo of a moon on one wrist and an air of cool aloofness. Their Nova Scotian accent sounds a bit Gaelic, leading some to think d’Eon comes from the other side of the pond.

Personality Traits: Hedonistic | Bold | Accepting | Materialistic | Vain | Sultry | Manipulative | Creative | Vindictive

Brief History:
While growing up an androgynous math prodigy in rural eastern Canada had some less-than-ideal moments, it wasn’t nearly the hellhole d’Eon makes it out to be. They simply couldn’t wait to get off the farm and into the big city. This happened at age seventeen when they started attending Columbia University. Four years later they had a degree in applied physics, a new name courtesy of New York’s ballroom scene, and a well-developed taste for decadence. Further educational plans took an interesting turn when waking up in a strange place after a night of debauchery resulted in taking the entrance exam and being admitted to Brakebills, a school of magicians.

Proving to be an exceptional if impatient student, d’Eon embraces the idea that all magic is science unexplained and applied their knowledge of physics to magecraft. This led to an interest in the new discipline of horomancy and the work of the Kikunos. Alas for d’Eon, their experiments using the banned substance cinnabar resulted in expulsion. Stripped of their memories and magic, d’Eon settled into a mundane existence at accounting firm Plaxco crunching numbers.

As it turns out the past d’Eon had known the dangers of their actions and planned a contingency. Detailed notes of their time at Brakebills along with some horomantic device were sent into the future. The present d’Eon was able to use this knowledge along with a Stoppard Cube to tap into the magical energy of their counterparts for other timelines. This resulted in regaining their lost power, albeit with the side effect of having a body that would shift to resemble those of alternate d’Eons.

In order to gain experience with their regained magic, d’Eon engaged in criminal activity. This caught the attention of none other than Ronan Blake, CEO of the umbrella corporation that owned their employer Plaxco. Recognizing the work of a magician, he recruited d’Eon into his circle of magicians as well as setting them up with a pretty sweet financial analyst gig at Vocatus. Now d’Eon works to further Blake’s agenda as well as their own… teaching Brakebills what a dire mistake they made.

What are the goals of your character both short and long term. Work? Family? Etc
Short term: Making a lot of money and leading a life of pleasure.
Long term: Revenge against Brakebills for their expulsion and proving how great a magician they are.

Likes: Attention, Exploring New York City, Dance clubs, Mediterranean cuisine, Fashion, Cosmetics, Britpop, Fruity cocktails, Party drugs, James Bond media, Vintage Playboy magazines, French erotica, 1960s movies, Swimming and sunbathing (sometimes nude)
Dislikes: Prejudice, Modest clothing, Chasers, Boredom, Being underestimated, Being outsmarted, Cooking, Lame jokes about Canada, Sports, Personal questions

Family & Friends:
Robert Belding - Father
Kristi Belding - Mother (Deceased)
House of d’Eon - New York “Family”
Ronan Blake - Employer

Face Claim: Siobhan Atwell

On's and Off's: An aromantic omnisexual, d’Eon can be either a bratty bottom or a pleasure dom(me).

Ons: Exhibitionism, Breast and Nipple play (B), Outdoor sex, Voyeurism, Orgies, Rough sex, Gangbangs, Anal sex, Oral sex, Rimming, Dirty talk, Spanking, Light BDSM

To Explore: Being filmed, Breathplay, Slapping, Extreme BDSM, Whipping, Electroplay, Verbal abuse, Humiliation, Branding and Body Writing, Breast and Nipple torture, Gaping, Fisting, Needles, Knifeplay, Hair pulling, Suspension, Watersports, Bukkake, Facefucking and Deepthroating

Offs: Scat, Pregnancy, Transphobic slurs and fetish terms, Vore, Vomit

Extra: “Artemis” is the spelling they usually use, sometimes while presenting as male they use “Artemus.” While “they” pronouns are used in this profile, d’Eon is quite comfortable with a mix of “he” or “she” ones.

Kakihara

I've updated the links on the first page with the character sheet thread as well as a link to the OCC thread.  I'm placing the game in the NC section just for the spirit of the show, I don't plan on pushing NC stuff on a GM level but if players wish too.  I'm also going to implement a header with Trigger Warning section to be helpful for people to warn them if a post ventures into such topics. 

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kakihara on August 13, 2023, 11:17:05 AM
The character looks good.  Approved.  Feel free to post her in the Character sheet thread.

Thanks. I will.

Quote from: virtualblue on August 13, 2023, 11:18:10 AM
Our characters have some similar interests and are in the same year. Maybe they know one another?

Clancy Fury

You and I should plot some, methinks.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

AidenWhite

Quote from: Timeless on August 11, 2023, 08:43:04 PM

Haaaiiiiii, long time no see and even longer where we didn't write together, bruh! -fist bumps!-

Hey there, it has been a while! Looking forward to getting to write with you again ^^

Also! I'm in the process of making a CS. I'm going to reserve Pol Monen just in case though!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 12/15/2018
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Kakihara

Quote from: AidenWhite on August 13, 2023, 12:42:14 PM
Hey there, it has been a while! Looking forward to getting to write with you again ^^

Also! I'm in the process of making a CS. I'm going to reserve Pol Monen just in case though!
Cool, look forward to seeing what you come up with.  Reserved.

Quote from: Kuroneko on August 13, 2023, 03:24:31 PM
Currently working on a natural magic professor.
Nice.  Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Kakihara

Quote from: Timeless on August 13, 2023, 08:35:23 AM
Actually, I was thinking to make my character come from a prestigious magical family. Is that something I could do, or not permissible?
Oh dang, totally thought I answered this, my bad for trying to multitask responses. lol  Yeah that's totally doable.  In the Magician's world there are those who the magical world is totally unknown too and then there are families who are completely magical legacies.  For instance one of the main TV Show characters was Alice Quinn who's family has a big reputation among the magical community.  There area  number of others that come up over the seasons as well.  So it's totally permissible and makes sense.

Timeless

Quote from: AidenWhite on August 13, 2023, 12:42:14 PM

Looking forward to writing with you too! <3

Quote from: Kakihara on August 13, 2023, 08:32:39 PM
Oh dang, totally thought I answered this, my bad for trying to multitask responses. lol  Yeah that's totally doable.  In the Magician's world there are those who the magical world is totally unknown too and then there are families who are completely magical legacies.  For instance one of the main TV Show characters was Alice Quinn who's family has a big reputation among the magical community.  There area  number of others that come up over the seasons as well.  So it's totally permissible and makes sense.

Awesome! I'm already working on a sheet - just need to work on the history part. >->;

AndyZ

I’ve been thinking about this game but no ideas are coming.  I just wanted to chime in to say that it’s more that my RL is in shambles right now and it’s nothing that anyone else did wrong.  Figured it’s kinder to post this than to just disappear.

An idea may yet come; I just have doubts it will.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.