Detective Roleplay: Blade Runner Replicant hunt

Started by jayline, May 15, 2011, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayline

The Story:
The year is 2021, and the streets of Los Angeles are a miasma of crime, indulgence, and waste. In the years since the death of its genius patriarch the Tyrell Corporation's new management has pioneered a new, highly illegal means of research into replicant production.

Unregistered replicants, unaware of their status as machines have been released onto the streets of Los Angeles. These unique experimental replicants eventually succumb to a preprogrammed recall response, subconsciously directing them towards a reunion with their creators at Tyrell at a predesignated time and place. In living 'normal' lives as humans, these replicants' brains form neural networks unachievable in a laboratory setting. These unique networks have led to great breakthroughs in replicant programming. 

However, all is not well. Of the latest batch of replicants released for data accumulation, several have not returned. In an effort to maintain the secrecy of its operations in Los Angeles, the Tyrell Corporation has commissioned a team of private blade runners to recover the missing merchandise before the public becomes aware of the company's gross misconduct.

The Mechanics:

You, dear player, will draft up a character in this world, any submission is acceptable. Perhaps you're on Tyrell's goon squad, clandestinely patrolling the city for lost replicants. Maybe you're a cop investigating a string of missing persons, or a criminal smuggling goods and people through the dark underbelly of future Los Angeles. You could even be a normal, upstanding citizen, minding your own business, tending your 401(k). The possibilities are endless, (within of course, the bounds of Los Angeles). After you and your compatriots have submitted enough profiles I'll pick a few users at random, (and yes, I will do it randomly), and notify them that they are, in fact, replicants. Out of those few several of your characters will know they are manufactured machines, several will be yet unaware. The replicants will above all else maintain secrecy of their status. You the players will need to find out through detective work which amongst you is flesh and bone, and which dream of electric sheep!

Profiles:

Here's the basic template to follow:
Name:
Appearance: Picture, written description, or both is great
Bio: Who is your character, and what if any is their relation to the replicant crisis? If you find out you're a replicant, please don't post it here. Remember your character's life depends on keeping this fact secret! (Don't worry everyone players, should the investigation stall, I'll introduce new leads).

Sample Profile:

Name: Oliver Whitney
Appearance: Mr. Whitney is always dressed in formal business attire except for those few times he accompanies his operatives into the field, at which time his clothing suits the demands of necessity. Pallid in complexion and graying at the temples, his rugged good looks still show through the years on his face, a result of the physical fitness he strives to maintain.
Bio: Whitney has been a Tyrell man for nearly as long as the departed doctor himself, rising through the ranks of its private security staff until he was overseeing the entire corporate intelligence office.  Brusque and energetic for his age, he oversees all affairs from counter-corporate espionage, to covert information gathering, shady political dealings, and outright media manipulation. As of last week his top priority has been the retrieval of research's missing replicants, a messy affair he his department has been working double time to fix since.

Players:

Myself-Oliver Whitney

bubby-Lilith Luminati

FrankieDupraz-Alex Beckermeyer

bubby

OOOooooOOOooOO! Blade Runner! *Works on a char bio!*

bubby

Name: Lillith Luminatti

Appearance: 

Bio: Lillith is a young woman of 29, and has been on her own for a long time. She was adopted as a baby, and when she was 15 her parents were both killed in a car crash. Sent to foster homes, it didn't take Lillith long to realize  she needed out of the 'system' and fast. She ran away, and oddly enough managed to take care of herself, her quick wits and winning personality getting her into bars to work as a bar back in several different places. After busting her ass for many years she finally had the money to buy her own bar, a place she bought cheap off a sweet old man who had taken her under his wing. She now owns the Lumination. It's quite popular, managing to be small enough to keep prices reasonable, allowing the clientele to remain essentially blue collar. She has many regulars, and is known for keeping a clean place, serving good drinks, and not allowing drama beneath her roof. Though she knows of the replicant hunt, she tries to stay out of it, wanting to simply live her life. Several of her regulars are cops and even some of Tyrell's people, and it is from listening to them talk about what's happening within LA that she keeps up on the latest rumors. She's pretty sure that if she met a replicant she'd be able to tell, and though she feels a bit sorry for them, she feels that in the end they are just machines..right?

jayline

Quote from: bubby on May 15, 2011, 03:00:38 PM
Name: Lillith Luminatti

Appearance:

Bio: Lillith is a young woman of 29, and has been on her own for a long time. She was adopted as a baby, and when she was 15 her parents were both killed in a car crash. Sent to foster homes, it didn't take Lillith long to realize  she needed out of the 'system' and fast. She ran away, and oddly enough managed to take care of herself, her quick wits and winning personality getting her into bars to work as a bar back in several different places. After busting her ass for many years she finally had the money to buy her own bar, a place she bought cheap off a sweet old man who had taken her under his wing. She now owns the Lumination. It's quite popular, managing to be small enough to keep prices reasonable, allowing the clientele to remain essentially blue collar. She has many regulars, and is known for keeping a clean place, serving good drinks, and not allowing drama beneath her roof. Though she knows of the replicant hunt, she tries to stay out of it, wanting to simply live her life. Several of her regulars are cops and even some of Tyrell's people, and it is from listening to them talk about what's happening within LA that she keeps up on the latest rumors. She's pretty sure that if she met a replicant she'd be able to tell, and though she feels a bit sorry for them, she feels that in the end they are just machines..right?

Looks good, welcome aboard!

FrankieDupraz

Name:  Alex "Becker" Beckermeyer

Appearance:  An inch over six foot with an upper body that shows signs of the occasional gym appearance, Becker is 33 years old.

Bio:  A regular at Lumination, Becker is a Blade Runner, and a good one at that.  He has a deep hatred for Replicants, although ironically if it weren't for Replicants he wouldn't have a job.  The Commissioner has made it clear that if it weren't for his high "retirement" success rate, he'd be out of the force, "There's only a couple of guys who keep bringing in the high numbers.  Why did one of those guys have to be you?".  However, even with a record of unpaid-suspensions the length of his arm, his boss can't bring himself to kicking Becker out of the department... yet.  When hunting androids, Beckermeyer has a problems with it becoming an obsession.

Dragondancer

Oooooh, Blade Runner!!!  Oh lawdy, I have GOT to stop peeking in the group game idea section, I keep getting tempted!  lol!

And beautiful bubby...how fun that we have similar tastes in rp games! <3

"All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in rain..."   *melts & snifflesnorts*
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

jayline

Quote from: Dragondancer on May 16, 2011, 06:54:39 PM
Oooooh, Blade Runner!!!  Oh lawdy, I have GOT to stop peeking in the group game idea section, I keep getting tempted!  lol!

And beautiful bubby...how fun that we have similar tastes in rp games! <3

"All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in rain..."   *melts & snifflesnorts*
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Yeah, love Roy, I could just never quite get over that one bit, you know, comes right after this:

Not to say there won't probably be some pretty gruesome ends in this one. I just hope my character's eyes survive the game.

Btdubs, Frankie is totally in, sorry about the lags in replying!

bubby

Oh my DD! How fun indeed! *Chuckles and luvs!* And ooohhhh thank you for that pic tease....RAWR young Rutger!