News:

Main Menu

Recommend Me Anime

Started by Aragem, January 17, 2012, 09:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Le Chevalier D'Eon.  I tried watching it, but I lost interest.  I don't know why, some animes grip me from beginning to finish, but others just loose be halfway through.

Haruki

D'eon was one I was going to get into, but then I read further into the series' premise.  It has nice styling....I like the attire and such characters have on (for example), but I have been hesitant because I don't know if I'd really be into its story.

I could list every single anime title I have seen / own to give folks an idea what I'm into, but that would take forever.  I made one up for an attempted RP request that went nowhere here one time, but I lost the file.

Your situation reminds me much how I felt with Revolutionary Girl Utena.  I won't soon forget how over-hyped that series was back in 1998-1999 when its U.S. release run started.  I own the first couple DVDs (the old Central Park versions with the horrible audio....one of the openings' audio tracks phases in and out, and like most all CPM DVDs of the time, the video is VHS quality....yes, THAT bad)..  But A/V issues aside, it just didn't grab me.  I didn't get the hype, and shelved that show after 13 episodes, basically covering the first arc of the series.

Ditto Fullmetal Alchemist, and Bleach.  Not quite my cup of tea.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Jag

I liked Revolutionary Girl Utena...the manga. I didn't care for the show or the movie all that much (other than that dance scene).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Vix Raine

I was to recommend anime to a person, I would suggest two.

The first - Full Metal Panic - Probably one of the best mixes of action and humor to ever be created, and just a superbly done show.

The second - Code Geass - This is hands-down my top anime of all time, and I've watch a /lot/ of anime over the years. The characters (After bout the first 3 episodes) have very real and often conflicting motivations and reasons for the choices they make, and the entire series is gold. The ending is one of the best of anime series I've ever seen.

Shjade

Though it does require you to have a fairly high threshold for bullshit strategies in much the same way as Death Note, wherein a character will have some plan so convoluted or chancy that there were like 1:100000 odds of it actually working out that way, much less working out that way intentionally, but their response is a completely confident, "JUST AS PLANNED!"

Code Geass, that is. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabre

Planetes is easily one of the best anime/manga you will ever watch/read.  No exaggerations here.

Shjade

Oh shit, thanks for that reminder. I completely forgot to look up Planetes years ago when I first heard about it. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Koibito

While it's old, Saint Seiya is a great series, although hard to find and you may prefer the manga, the anime still exists.

D. Gray-Man is a wonderful series and my favorite, the manga is ongoing but if you must have it finished, the anime ends earlier and is finishes; that's my two cents.
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130125.msg5766879#msg5766879

Been sick the past couple days, will get to posts when I can~