A Tale of Might and Magic {Pathfinder} Closed

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2011, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aether

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 04:49:51 PM
I feel so slow X_X such a newb I am...

Pathfinder, seriously...  So, I fight you for the newb status, LL, why I cant transition over is beyond me, but wow.

Healergirl

This is not a withdrawal of interest, I will be following the game avidly, but I'm not going to commit to playing in it.  RL work looks like it may be busier this summer than I thought (more work equals more money equals YAY!) and I already have several RP's going.  And if there is attrition among the players, well, I will be following the game and may get over my newbness worry about over comitting enough to apply to join in.

Phantasmatical

Hmm. The site that I normally create characters on doesn't have a Pathfinder Sheet yet, it seems. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I might host a sheet?

Yorubi

I know a lot of people here use plothook to do their profile sheets. Its pretty simple and its all right there to save and view as needed.

Anyways I got to go for a little bit, but I'll be back later. I have my character sheet about finished (finally) and my writing prompt is pretty much figured out. :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 06:29:19 PM
I know a lot of people here use plothook to do their profile sheets. Its pretty simple and its all right there to save and view as needed.

Anyways I got to go for a little bit, but I'll be back later. I have my character sheet about finished (finally) and my writing prompt is pretty much figured out. :)

So we will get to meet yor frog girl huh?

Yorubi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 06:31:07 PM
So we will get to meet yor frog girl huh?
Frog girl? *Blinks* heck no! That Luna is an evil manipulated devil who only tells lies and slanders! *Nods*

Either way I'm back so i'll finish up real quick.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 07:40:41 PM
Frog girl? *Blinks* heck no! That Luna is an evil manipulated devil who only tells lies and slanders! *Nods*

Don't go croaking about it! Just hop on to finishing your frog-girl!

Ixy

If I accidentally miss something important among the multiple pages of frilly verbiage above, please somebody let me know.  I'm sorry, I spend all day dealing with teenagers, and I just don't have the patience for sifting that crap.

Phantom, any idea of linking backgrounds with either a serpent-blooded sorceress or a half-drow acrobat?  Just ideas.  Anyone else?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on June 01, 2011, 08:17:15 PM
If I accidentally miss something important among the multiple pages of frilly verbiage above, please somebody let me know.  I'm sorry, I spend all day dealing with teenagers, and I just don't have the patience for sifting that crap.

Phantom, any idea of linking backgrounds with either a serpent-blooded sorceress or a half-drow acrobat?  Just ideas.  Anyone else?

Sorry Ixy.. they wanted writing samples, I was bored and inspired. ;D I hope you didn't suffer much skipping over it. :D

not being snarky btw.. I hope you find something you like about the game.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on June 01, 2011, 08:17:15 PM

I kind of... uh... lost interest...

But now I feel stupid!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crovonovin

It's not a slight against you Callie, it's just that it can be understandably bewildering to be busy all day and come back to find one of the threads you're keeping an eye on has jumped ahead several pages in your absence!  Sometimes, if it's just a conversation going back and forth, it might be better to take it to PMs. 

It also seems worth mentioning that figuring out ties between characters might also be best left to PMs.  I'm not so much a fan of reading everyone's histories ahead of time and generally make mine private when linking sheets, if only to preserve that element of surprise.

Callie Del Noire

Sorry... finished my midterm, I'm a week ahead of my paper requirements and have 1 lab for the week left.. I was BORED while waiting for the VA benefits workshop!

And perhaps over caffinated and inspired to do some creative writings. (try doing a paper on 'Network Security Policies' w/the provisio to keep it simple and to two pages..and writing on Copyright law and Big Media (12 pages). I NEED an outlet that wasn't for class.. or required APA.)

Crovonovin

I know how that can be, trust me.  Just giving an honest suggestion for the future.

Yorubi

I get it, I get it... sorry. >.< A lot was actually discussed through PMs on this side though just so you know, some just slipped out in thread. ^^;;

Well the writing prompt itself isn't actually suppose to be the character's background from how I took it. Its more like a written entry of sorts to give some details of the character without really giving everything away. A glimpse really into who they are and what their personality is like. My writing prompt right now (which I am nearly finished with) is just focusing upon a particular dialog and series of events that go on before the roleplay would. It involves my character and another that is meant to give a sense of mystery behind the one man while also bringing a lot of backstory of my own girl through her thoughts and some of the dialog. I find the writting prompt to be an interesting way to show creativity and go beyond simply telling a character's personality and their background in black and white.

Yorubi

Lady Elisia

Type: Support

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Writing Prompt:
Elisia sat quietly in front of the small window as she glanced out across the vast landscape that lay before her. It was a familiar sight for the young oracle to see, yet one she found some refreshment in. She could still remember the day she was taken by the request of the small group of followers in promise of being given a great life as a prophet of sorts... and oracle for the gods. Her adoptive family had been hesitant at first at allowing the group to take he. She had all but refused to go with them herself as she desired to stay with her adoptive family and stay with her friends. Still, her adoptive family gave in after they convinced them of the good intentions they had for her as the median to connect with their gods. She could still remember the sight of her friend from the carriage she was in as she was taken away into her new life. Since then, she has grown up in the temple where she not only spent her days for worship and to speak with those who worshiped her as an idol, but also lived in that very place. They refused rather adamantly in allowing her to go outside very far, wanting to protect her from the baron world they believed she was not ready to explore. It only was something that made her grow that much more eager to escape from such a place. Her eyes lingered along the outside world from the window each day after her usual meetings with the followers who praised her so highly and yet did not seem to support her desire to see the world.

The sound of footsteps echoed up the stone stairway as a man came up the stairs from behind her. She glanced back towards the rather tall fellow. He wasn't a local who lived in the tiny village just outside the temple, but rather a traveler who journeyed across the world in search of objects and individuals such as herself... though in her own mind she likely figured that those two categories likely had no barrier to him. He wasn't like the other men or woman who saw her in such high regard. He was a bit of a... strange individual so to speak. While he seemed to have the ability to sense items of spiritual heightening, he was far from a spiritual individual himself. It was a work he did of his own accord that others paid him to do. She would doubt his words herself if it hadn't been for the fact she had realized just how right he had been for finding out of her own mysterious gifts. While she usually held a rather charismatic presence behind her in an attempt to hide her normal feelings, she was a lot less caring of restricting her emotions towards him. He had no intentions of treating her as an idol he had made her to be, after all. "Always such a fine looking young lady, Elisia." The man's voice escaped his lips, sounding rather shifty in tone. It was difficult to tell just what he was thinking. It is Lady Elisia to you." She spoke out in a rather snobbish tone. Being treated as an idol did rub off a bit on her personality. She was a bit spoiled in some regards and had found a certain comfort in that fact. Despite it, she had found great value in the well being of others. While she demanded respect, she also gave respect those who did the same for her. She truly did find enjoyment at of bringing happiness to others.

"Oh oh... so sorry, your body simply brings me so much job that I can't remember the fact you are a deity of sorts to these people." He spoke with a rather snarky tone of voice. A smirk was on his lips as he glanced upon the young lady's body. He was so hard to read even for her adapt wit at detecting a persons motives. He seemed to shift so much in both his words and tone and hide away himself as much as possible. If it wasn't for his 'abilities', it was very unlikely he would be taken in so calmly by a spiritual group such as the one who allowed him permission to go and see her personally. She didn't answer at all to his words as she simply turned her head away in distaste. She reached up as grabbed a small white flower resting from her hair as she dropped it nearby, only to have it fly 10 feet away rather then simply dropping to the ground. It was a part of her curse at play, not wanting to simply allow things to fall as they should. She had been told it was the act of spirits that had been denied her life giving powers, all seeking her out for comfort while causing mischief of their own. Her hand gently brushed through her long black hair where the flower had been resting, acting as a primitive comb. "What reason did you come here for?" She inquired the man in a tone that was much less harsh. It still couldn't hide the bitterness she seemed to hold towards him.

The man laughed lightly as he looked towards her with a smirk. "You see... I have managed upon the location of an artifact of sorts... something that had appeared recently from thin air. Its something I can detect and indeed can sense roughly where it might be... out of an act of kindness for the beautiful young woman who had lined my pockets with gold in the past, I felt I had to tell you... since it will indeed involve you leaving this rather... bland... place." Elisia's head turned back with some curiosity as if questioning with her eyes the point of his words.  It wasn't hard to tell the latter part of his words brought a sudden spark of interest to the girl. She knew he had likely mentioned it just for the sake it would get her full attention. She kept perfectly silent as she awaiting his words to finish. She watched his lips turn as his smirk only grew wider. "You see, my sweet oracle, the object that has appeared... its exactly as your spirit provides... the same exact resonance of sorts. Perhaps an item just as valuable as you.... and only you, my dear, will stand any chance of finding it. You are the only one who is meant to find it. As you are chosen to have a gift, that very object has the sames desires and will only chose to be with you." Silence ensued after his words as she processed his words in her mind as she gave deep thought to it. This might be the chance she had sought for to once again see the outside world.

Hopefully it works, I wanted to build a sense of intrigue and story as to why she might end up having escaped from the 'clutches' of the spiritual group that had taken her in and raised her as an idol. I could always do it a bit differently of course for the sake of matching the story further if to much is being tossed in, but I figured it could work as a great driving point and made a fun little writing prompt for me to create. XD

Callie Del Noire

Put my stuff behind
tags so you don't have to see it

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 07:40:41 PM

I'm what now?

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 07:45:43 PM
Don't go croaking about it! Just hop on to finishing your frog-girl!

Teehee <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Yorubi on June 01, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
My bestest-est buddy ever! XD

Well I put mine up. :)

Mhm surrre I am

I am playing catch up with my posts tonight and on my characters so yeah XD
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 09:58:34 PM
Mhm surrre I am

I am playing catch up with my posts tonight and on my characters so yeah XD

She's hopping EAGER to be your buddy.. :D

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Lady Lunarius

Yori darlin I'll be pming you shortly to let you see what I came up with ;)
LaLu's Delicious treats!