Explodes from pure awesomeness

Started by Inkidu, March 16, 2009, 01:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I liked both this book and DaVinci Code - which is surprising considering that I usually loathe best sellers.  I suspect that the movie will have to skip over a lot of the intricacies, unfortunately.

Now if he'd just get off his butt and finish Solomon's Seal - I want to see how he treats my home town!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Actually Howard does a good job of keeping the important parts intact.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

True - he did a decent job with DaVinci, but the thing that had me busily swapping tapes (unabridged audiobook = godsend on long car trips) was a lot of the more minute bits that would have made the movie into a month-long mini-series.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

I don't like mini series miss one episode and there goes the plot. I like Hanks as Langdon though that's perfect casting.

MusicNeverDies

I read both Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, and infinitely preferred A&D, though it might have been because I read it about a week after returning from Rome/The Vatican and kept on having moments of "I WAS THERE!"

I adore Ewan McGregor and am looking forward to seeing him in this role. I think Hanks will do a good job. It comes out on my birthday!

Oniya

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on March 17, 2009, 11:03:26 AM
I read both Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, and infinitely preferred A&D, though it might have been because I read it about a week after returning from Rome/The Vatican and kept on having moments of "I WAS THERE!"

That's why I'm looking forward to his next Robert Langdon book.  I've been in the GW Masonic Memorial near DC ( http://www.gwmemorial.org/index.php), and if that doesn't make an appearance in the book, I'll be truly surprised.