Wheel of Time ~ Centered on the White Tower & Tar Valon (Now Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 13, 2015, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

• Focused on story; scheming, rivalries, relationships. Smut may happen but is definitely not a strong point.
  • Centered around Tar Valon and the White Tower, so that the group isn't too scattered
  • All original characters, no canons
  • in 990 NE. That's a little less than a decade before Rand is found
  • This would be AU, all the information about the past would be accurate, but we would write the story from this point on.
  • Position available: Amyrlin, council, Sister of any of the 7 Ajah (black available too, but Shhh...), Accepted, Novice. Gaidin,  Tower guard, Trainee, City Guard, other White Tower staff.
  • If there's enough request, Tar Valon might open for non-tower characters
  • Talents *might* be available, but they should be rare and often weak
  • Systemless. We're all adults, we can work it out without dices and a list of available weaves.
  • Sandbox, with events (participation to events optional, but they may still affect your character)
  • Will put a limit on gay/bisexual female character played by Lords proportional to the number of characters available.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

Sindra

I would be very interested in playing a Gaidin.  Personally, I am quite happy for the timeline you're working with as I only read a handful of the books. 

Belisuavious

Cynadea

Yay!

I'll put together some information regarding the setting, so that it's possible for people who don't really know much about the books may still be able to join.

I'll definitely play Aes Sedai. I play pretty much any Ajah but the white or the red. I can't relate with these two.

VioletPanda

Quote from: Aysande on August 13, 2015, 11:05:36 PM
What makes you hesitant?

I've seen a lot of group games I join fizzle and die and I'd hate to get into this group and then have it die too.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cerigo

Placing a tentative flag as well.

Saldaea Warder Represent! Proud exporter of Forward Farmgirls and dances with scarves.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Cynadea

I could use some help designing the male half of the tower, any volunteers?

VioletPanda

Saldaea for the win,  hell yeah!  - Novice might be is from there-

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Krayz

I would definitely be interested in playing the role of a Warder or one of their students, maybe becoming a Warder during the events of the story. If someone were interested in playing Black Ajah, they could PM me if they were interested in having a bonded Darkfriend ^_^

Cynadea

They don't have to be both dark ;)

We'll need some Aes Sedai, it seems.

Sindra

As the balance seems to be in favor of the Gaidin's, I am happy to switch over to playing an Aes Sedai.  My preferences for that would be for Green, Blue, Black or Yellow Ajah.

Cynadea

I've put this together yesterday. If you pick up on something that isn't accurate please let me know. Just keep in mind that this, in the timeline, is before Rand is discovered, so things such as gateways or healing stilling haven't been discovered. It's still a work in progress, but the character sheet is there if you want to start working on it. :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234779.0

Moraline

Hello Aysande, the WoT epic is my favorite fantasy series of all time. I'm interested in the game but can you tell me what posting frequency expectations would be like for this game? I strongly prefer faster moving games with multiple posts per week or are we able to pair off with people and post at our own rates?

Note:
I'm interested in playing either an Accepted or an Aes Sadai. I sort of like the idea of being an Accepted and taking the test right in the beginning.

Cynadea

Posting frequency expectations is pretty much up to the players and their partners, but for people in key position. The Amyrlin/keeper/mistresses/masters will have to be prompt with their answers so that the "young" ones aren't eternally stuck in their training positions.

I am like you though, I prefer faster moving games, so I am hoping that it will lean in that direction.

Moraline

I could potentially play two characters if that's alright with you?

Do you need/want someone to play the role of Tamra Ospenya , The Amyrlin Seat? I'm pretty familiar with the setting and all the major characters(if needed) as I've read the books a few times. I even had an RP long ago where I played the role of a young Tamra. It would be fun to scheme with you. ((Scratch that, I just noticed the date, the Amyrlin is Siuan Sanche by the date of 990 NE.))

I also forgot to ask if you wanted us to submit characters here or via PM?

EDIT:

Think I found the answer to the question.

Quote from: Aysande on August 15, 2015, 03:36:57 AM
The requirements for each is between parenthesis, remove it and replace it with the information about your character. When done, please send it to the GM.  There is currently no maximum on the amount of character per player, but please make sure that you have time for them before writing them up.

Cynadea

Yup that's the answer to your questions :)

And as for the Amyrlin, we're going full original no canon character. If you want to call dibs on the seat, I'll keep it for you.

Moraline

Sure, I'll take the Amyrlin Seat.  *wonders what I've gotten myself into.. starts to see Black Ajah in every shadow*

Krayz

So, I've decided to make a Valdar, a Warder-in-training. I'm trying to decide if I want him to have passed his final test and be ready for bonding, or if I want to actually roleplay the test itself (for those who haven't read, the test is tricking the Valdar into believing an Aes Sedai's life is in danger, and seeing if he is willing to sacrifice his own to save her). If I go with the latter option, I'll need some help in actually making it happen, either from PCs or NPCs, so I wanted to ask who might want to be involved in that?

Cynadea

The Master of Arms is already in the works, and there will be at least one Green hanging around with the men to practice her muscle memory and learn new tricks, so if you go for passing the test, I am pretty sure it won't be difficult to plan. I can't talk for Cerigo, who will play the MoA, but if he doesn't or can't, I'll NPC another of the Masters for you ;)

BlackStone

Question, will we be allowing situations like the Old Blood, Dreamers, or Wolf Brothers?

Cynadea

They are very rare. So yes, there is a wolfbrother in the works already, but no old blood, or dreamers, or foretelling yet. There shouldn't be a ta'veren unless it comes with a heavy plot to justify it, though.

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

if you want to see which characters have been written and are ready to go:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234819.0

Both of my girls are ready. The Green could benefit of a paragraph more at the end of her history, but I left it open in case someone wants to have ties with her.

VioletPanda

If you'd like, your Green can be the one who brought Serain to the Tower?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Moraline

Do we have many Warders yet?  I'm thinking my Amyrlin Seat will be a Blue so she'll need a Warder at some point.

VioletPanda

I would be willing to make a Warder for that express purpose, if you'd like :)

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cerigo

I have plans for two at the moment. One will be the Master of Arms, an older man that is jaded about the world and has seen far too much. Another that will probably be a story point to come in and still working at the details. At the moment, they have not been promised to anyone for a bond.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Moraline

Thank you, both.

@Cerigo - I actually like the idea of the "Master of Arms, an older man that is jaded about the world and has seen far too much." being the Amyrlin's Warder.  Shoot me a PM if you want to talk details.

Cynadea

We have a handful of Aes Sedai that have been submitted. The green in me is waiting for the boys to start rolling in ;).

Quote from: LukaWolf on August 15, 2015, 06:46:40 PM
   If you'd like, your Green can be the one who brought Serain to the Tower?

She's not the traveling type, preferring to train with the best at the moment. She's still young. She can teach though, train Serain in the rosebud exercise. Same with my brown.

We can go ahead and transfer the plotting chatter to the OOC

Matttheman89

...is this game still accepting? I'm pretty wary(shy) about group games, but I love the Wheel of Time. :-)

Cynadea

You are welcome to submit a character sheet. Don't be shy. If you have any question or concern, shoot me a PM.

Cynadea

The game could definitely benefit of another (potential) warder or three...

Muse

Good morning. Do yuo still need warders? 

I see you do.  :)

What sort of posting rate are you hoping for? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cynadea

It depends on the person you write with. I prefer faster pace, Moraline mentioned the same, I don't know for the others.

Caela

~planting an interested flag and bouncing off to read what there is to read~

hellrazoromega

Oh boy, I'd love to be able to make a Gaidin? My only issue would be picking where to be from--so many choices ;)

Lithium

In case anyone creating a new character might be interested, I'm looking for a female warder to bond with my Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. Nothing against the boys, she's just not allowed to bond with one...damn Reds and their draconian rules! It's similar to an m/f bond, except the empathic link is more powerful, so it should be fun to play around with.

Just send me a PM if you're interested. :)

cabalxxvi

Huge fan, and long time reader, and table top RPG player for the Wheel of time, and I am interested, but it's been so long since I have read or done anything with Wheel of Time that I have to do some work and read up on it once again.

The story line, and time era is perfect though.

-Runs to study just a little bit-
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Gilgameshian

I only just recently joined the site but Wheel of Time was the epic fantasy that made me want to write epic fantasy so I'd be a poor fan if I didn't take the chance to make a reluctant Warder.

I'll try to get my thoughts in a row and make him up properly after work tomorrow but consider this my note of interest!
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

RedMoon

Been looking for a Wheel of Time game for ages. I'll think about a character.

Cynadea

yay!

There is currently a Faire in Tar Valon, with members of the Illuminators' guild and a menagerie... and merchants setting up booths, of course. So much shiny :D

RedMoon

Sounds entertaining. It's a shame that Warders go insane and die when they lose their Aes Sedai, I had forgotten that part. I had been thinking of a Warder who lost his partner, but, that won't really work in this case. Hmm. I'll keep brainstorming!

Cynadea

It could work, though bonding another Aes Sedai is known to only delay the inevitable... I am not against small twists to the setting. Like I am allowing Reds to bond women, something that did not happen in the books for that period.

RedMoon

Perfect! As long as it's not an immediate thing, that's fine. I'm perfectly comfortable playing a character who is slowly going insane and dying, which can possibly be temporarily delayed by bonding. Drama! I'll cook something up and pass it along. :)

Cynadea

from what I remember, they're not going insane and dying. They become suicidal while trying to avenge their Aes Sedai.

RedMoon

hellrazoromega

Don't forget it is entirely possible for the Aes Sedai to release the Bond or pass it to another Sister if the knows she is about to die, knowing what her death will do to her Warder,
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
as Moriane did with Myrelle in the books. Myrelle was also noted for having skill with reducing the death wish in a Gaidin who had lost his sister. In fact one of Myrelle's Gaidin (maybe more but one for sure) was one she had taken on after his Aes Sedai had died, this was part of why Moiraine had picked her for the Lan's Bond to pass to in the event of her death.

Any way just offering options.

eightxinfinity

Are you looking to keep this strictly Aes Sedai/Warder in nature? I'd love a chance to play an Aiel warrior if there's any way to weave it into the story.
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread

Doji Hoturi

In PM's now with Lithium regarding her request for a female Warder. Hope to have a solidified character soon.

:)

Cynadea

Quote from: eightxinfinity on August 20, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
Are you looking to keep this strictly Aes Sedai/Warder in nature? I'd love a chance to play an Aiel warrior if there's any way to weave it into the story.

At the moment, it's geographically limited to the White Tower and Tar Valon. Opening the whole world would scatter the group too much and require too many threads. Unless you mean to play an Aiel who is visiting Tar Valon about 10 years after the end of the Aiel war...

eightxinfinity

Yeah he would be around Tar Valon, would just need to do some story gymnastics to figure out a decent excuse for a lone male Aiel to be that far out of the three fold land

hellrazoromega

Man I'd sell my own brother (if I had one, that is) :P to play a Far Dareis Mai. The Aiel, Matrim Cauthon, and Perrin (in that order) are the what really drew me into the WoT books when I started reading them back in 91.

If it's allowed I'd be willing to pair up as scouts sent into the Wetlands. Depending on the reason that could require less gymnastics.

Moraline

I know that Aysande intended this to be just centered around Tar Valon and the The White Tower.

But I wonder if we could get a co-gm, maybe there could be an entirely separate section just devoted to Aiel and the Aiel Waste.

I too would love to play a Far Dareis Mai. But I don't want to see her anywhere near Tar Valon.

Cynadea

Moraline is right. For the sake of not having the RP be a scattered  couple of pairings, but rather a cohesive whole, I've limited the available territory to play to Tar Valon and the White Tower.

If someone is up for GMing the Aiel, in the same time period and such, I wouldn't mind making it two parallel branches of the same game. One being Tar Valon, the other being the Waste. It might even help reach the 1000 posts needed to get the big game board.

eightxinfinity

Feel like I opened a can of worms with my request, sorry about that! I'd be more than happy to join as a minor noble being trained by the Warders though.

Cynadea

you opened no cans.

Before opening this group, I've turned and returned the concept in my head to make sure that I don't end up with 12 players, each with a character in different spots of the world, and nothing to do. I've decided to keep it confined to the Tower, but I thought of opening Shienar, more importantly the fortress of Fal Dara instead, where people could play Aes Sedai and Warder, but also soldiers, ladies, servants, etc. and trolloc raids. Aiel were another people that were considered, but these I pushed aside because I don't remember enough about.

I am going through the books again, when I reach the part where the main characters get immersed into the Aiel culture, then I'll take notes and maybe open it. I know it has a LOT of potential. I remember that much, but we'll see how the current game evolves.

If you are looking for inspiration, there are some ideas in the fifth post of the OOC.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Aysande on August 22, 2015, 10:40:18 PM
you opened no cans.

Before opening this group, I've turned and returned the concept in my head to make sure that I don't end up with 12 players, each with a character in different spots of the world, and nothing to do. I've decided to keep it confined to the Tower, but I thought of opening Shienar, more importantly the fortress of Fal Dara instead, where people could play Aes Sedai and Warder, but also soldiers, ladies, servants, etc. and trolloc raids. Aiel were another people that were considered, but these I pushed aside because I don't remember enough about.

I am going through the books again, when I reach the part where the main characters get immersed into the Aiel culture, then I'll take notes and maybe open it. I know it has a LOT of potential. I remember that much, but we'll see how the current game evolves.

If you are looking for inspiration, there are some ideas in the fifth post of the OOC.
That being the case, I may just wait and hold off to see if the Aiel thing happens eventually, since my heart would be there anyway. I know the books pretty well and began taking notes (just to help make connections for myself) after the Shadow Rising. I'd GM if I did not already have too many irons in the fire (with more on the way in RL it seems) but I hope you don't mind if I lurk the interest thread and wait to see if the Aiel thing happens, fully realizing it may not happen soon. No rush--if it does not happen for months, or years I can wait. If I managed to wait for the time it took Jordan to get books out back in the day I can wait for this.  ;)

Vergil Tanner

FUCK YES. I love The Wheel of Time, and I can't resist the urge to join in...the problem is, I have no idea what the current balance of characters looks like. I'm perfectly fine playing Aes Sedai, Warder, Trainee Warder or Tower Guard, so it's really down to what positions are already filled. Hell, I might even play a Master, if it's needed.

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is this still open to new characters?

2) What positions need filling? For example, are there any Aes Sedai characters currently without a PC Warder who would like one?

I need to figure out whether I have the time to take part in this RP first, but this is me staking a tentative flag here. XD

EDIT:

Ok, so, I'm leaning towards a Warder. Experienced or just passed the test doesn't matter to me overly much...are there any slots available for such characters? Any Aes Sedai in need of Warders? Because if not, I'll rethink a different basic concept.

EDIT EDIT:

I should really make sure I'm saying everything before posting. Anywho, I've looked at the current character list and have worked out that there are 7 Aes Sedai without any warders (and a couple who might want more than one), and currently 3 unbonded Warders (I think). Now the tough part is gonna be creating the damn character, since Bonding is a personal thing and you're not gonna Bond somebody you dislike. >.>

Ah, time to bite the bullet and get to work trying to come up with a Warder, methinks. Time to open up Wheel Of Time Wiki to brush up on my WoT knowledge! XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Cynadea

you might want to ask in the game's ooc. Someone might be looking for something in particular :)

Vergil Tanner

Ah, that's the rub, isn't it? I could go ahead and make my own character, but that runs the risk of nobody being interested in Bonding him, which leaves me in a lurch. On the other hand, asking in the OOC slows down my creative process and risks being asked to make a character I don't really want to play...Ok. I'll come up with my Warder, then have him as a just-graduated Warder. If people want to bond him, brilliant. If not...I'll work that out when I get to it.
Regardless, I'm making an Andorian, simply because Andor is based on England and Jordan confirmed that Andorians speak with a modern-ish English accent, which I find hilarious (and I always gravitate towards playing English characters, being English myself XD ). So. Off to write the bio! XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Cynadea

Go with your guts. Bonds aren't the only things RPied anyway. :)

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I know! I just kinda find myself wondering what an Unbonded Warder would do with himself all day. XD Well, now to decide on an appearance...it's refreshing not to need a faceclaim for this RP, though I find myself now somewhat rusty at just describing the character. I went through my "Possible Male Characters" folder for inspiration and realised that none of them really fit the mould I'm looking for. However, Jeremy Irons as a tough Tower Guard Captain is tempting....perhaps next time, eh? :P

Cynadea

you can still use an image if you want. Some of the character sheets have one if you go an have a look at them, you'll see. I have my reasons not to make them mandatory. ;)

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, I've already found an artsy image that inspired the appearance, so I'm attaching that :-)

And GODDAMN, I'm up to 55 lines on the character history and I'm STILL not done! >.< I need to learn to stop earlier. XD

EDIT:

And I sent the concept! I actually finished it! Yay!

and now is the time you tell me it's crap and to leave and never bother you again. :P XD

Sindra

If anyone is looking for some connections, please feel free to contact me!  I have the three characters below and all of them are available for plots!!

Shayella Adair – Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah.  Currently unbonded but plans have been made.  She’s available for both social interactions and a large variety of plots!

Aleana Schiller – Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah and the Keeper of the Chronicles.  About to be bonded to Ardan.  She is available for both social interactions and a large variety of plots.

Inari Danvers – Aes Sedai of the Black Ajah (though it is believed that she is of the Red Ajah).  She is unbonded and will not bond to a male.  She is available for some social interactions and a large variety of plots.  As she strives to undermine the Tower at every turn, she is available to act as a source of plots (as in she can target characters), backstory tie-ins and other such things.

I also have a Scene Tracker post for any that would like to see what the characters have been up to or make specific plans!

Cynadea

Bump! There are still a few Aes Sedai without warders, a few bondable, trained men available, key positions not filled.

Come and join us!

VioletPanda

Hi 0.0 is it safe to come back now? Is the scary fast posting Festival over?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Tackyhillbilly

Would there be room for a Gleeman, unbonded. Potentially, he could be an agent for the White Tower, circling in Tar Valon and surrounding areas doing counter intelligence?

Cynadea

As long as he remains in Tar Valon and in relation with the White Tower somehow (otherwise, finding RP might be hard), it's good. There's a faire currently in Tar Valon, so he could get there for some competition or hired by some of the innkeepers.

Tackyhillbilly

Like I said, the plan was for him to be working for someone or an entire Ajah (they all do intelligence work) so he'd have jobs to do.

Cynadea

Vill

Cynadea

VioletPanda

So many inns. So much coin to be had... Just don't be too forward with the ladies.  ;)

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

Cynadea