What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonalberry

Also, when I'm bored and not playing those two, I just started playing FarmVille and FishVille on Facebook.  If 'play' is the correct term for those.

Transgirlenstein

Yeah..I only just began but I all ready have a Stamina of 3 and a Fortitude of 2 so very little can actually hurt me right now.  That combined with protean and a high brawling and high melee means if I get close, someone is going to hurt and it won't be Orc (my Gangrel).
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Sabby

Giving System Shock 2 another try... my first attempt wasn't too smart, and built my character all wrong. Now I realized something... Dead Space ripped this off so bad >:

Lirliel

Currently being played:

PS3
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

PC:
Dragon Age
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

Games finished:
Borderlands (Which wasn't what I expected.. game plain sucked monkeyballs)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sabby

Quote from: Lirliel on November 13, 2009, 12:30:49 PMBorderlands (Which wasn't what I expected.. game plain sucked monkeyballs)

Thaaank you xD

Had such potential

Lirliel

My views on Borderlands:

*Hears about it being fuck yeah win awesome. Like GOTY awesome*
*Decides to DL it*
*Starts it up, okay.. Valve.. should have a story. I mean, Half Life did*
*Okay.. some weird chick is talking to me.. there's a vault, I guess that's my mission.. but why, why the hell am I here.. am I a treasure hunter.. what the hell am I doing on this planet?!*
*2 hours in.. okay getting a bit redundant now, shootan and killan everybody I see*
*6 hours in, oh.. must be getting close to the end. okay head to the Vault, yeah biatch I know I have to hurry, SHUTTUP*
*Gets there.. sees the thing that needs killan, shoots three mags into it.. thing dies..*
*Good job hero!*
*Wait.. WAIT hold the phone, that was it, THAT thing was the boss?... I faced harder side-quests.. what the DICK man?!*
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sabby

Valve? Was devved by Gearbox, the guys who did the PC port of Halo 1.

Theres a massive flaw in the games story... in fact, if you don't read the quest page, you won't have a clue as to what that final boss was, and even so, its a whole lot of stuff sprung on you in a few lines of text, for no reason. The Guardian Angel has made it pretty damned clear she wants you to open the vault :P so clearly, her ultimate goal is for you to fight The Destroyer... right? Despite it being a hugely important part of the backstory sprung on you with absolutely no uild up or attempt to explain itself, she wants you to kill this thing, right?

Wrong. The corporate woman unleashed it, and now you have to clean up. So... if, all this time, this girls had her panties in a bunch over Gay Cthulhu eating the universe, then why was she so insistent on you letting it in? Wouldn't the proper thing to do be, oh, say...

NOT OPEN THE FUCKING VAULT?!?!

Lirliel

Ah.. really.. starts making more sense now then I guess.

And I agree with the Vault storyline. K.. so this thing can be opened once every 200 years.. and it's hidden away by three blocks which form a key. K.. so I take the 'key' I drop it into the nearest sun (which would probably destroy it), then never open the Vault ever again, leaving the Cthulhu hidden away safely.

Also kill the recorder talking scientist (which was the only amusing part in the game) so she can't figure out what you did. Or better yet, Nuke the site from orbit, only way to be sure.

Sabby

Borderlands in 60 Seconds.

"I'm a Vault Hunter! I wanna find the Vault!"
"0h H41! I h345 Ur a VORLT HUNDER. I leedz u ther? Oh lookit, funny robot! Okai, f!nd k3y now!"
*finds key, opens Vault*
"00Pth!! P50bly 5h00d4 m3n7!0n3d teh Cthulhu p457... uhm... teeheehee, sowwez xD"
*fights the Gay Cthulhu, survives*
"Okayyy... would you mind explaining to me why I just single handedly wiped out 3 species of predator, killed off a planet wide racket of organized thugs, and an extremely well equipped corporate army?"
"Uuuhm... 4 teh Vultz? =3"
"You mean the one I just closed?"
"Yup"
"The one you told me to open"
"Yup"
"The one with an extremely fabulous tentacle monster God on the other side"
"Yup"
"..."
"..."
">.>"
"=3"
"I hate you so much..."
"You could probably sell the Key? Downloadable Contents coming out! =D"
"..."

Juicy

I keep seeing commercials for Dragon Age so I'm giving in and going to try it out!

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Quote from: Oniya on November 13, 2009, 01:57:38 PM
*laughs till it hurts*

Directly after he gets the restraining order, she goes to yell at Link to saaaaave the world!

Lirliel

*Agrees with what Sabby wrote*

I mean, that literally is the game. And people who say, "Playing it Multiplayer is the only way to properly do the game!?!?!?!", well if that's so, they should have made it an MMO that's free (like guildwars)

Cold Heritage

I'm thinking about getting the DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. But I only really want Cable . . . and I've already beat the game from both routes . . . so there's not much point.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

TheWriter

Tekken 6.  Alps stage with yodelling track is awesome.  It'll do to fill the gap until Super SF4 hits in March.

Also playing Melty Blood Actress Again, fighting game spinoff series to the hgame Tsukihime.  Dust of Osiris can go and die in Origami fire and/or a mountain of binding chains.

Brandon

I totally agree about Borderlands, like Halo ODST (or really any halo game) it was really only there for the multiplayer feature. I would totally play the game with friends but by myself its very meh

Anyway, I finished out the last of the New content for Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition tonight. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised about a lot of it. The additions to the game seemed less Fallout in a way but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Fallouts formula is good but it would get boring without a few changes here and there so even though the changes are different from the theme of "Nuclear holocaust in a futuristic 1920s setting" they keep the game fresh and interesting. I really need to write a proper review about it but that will come later.

Now Im going to go back to Aion since Ive got 14 more levels to grind out but when PVP dies down I think Ill be playing Arkam Asylum again

On Brandon's PC: Aion: The Tower of Eternity
On Brandon's Playstation: Batman: Arkam Asylum
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Still playing Dragon Age and hating the tactics system. Because I'm pretty Luddite about computers controlling or needing control on such a level. It reminds me of trying to program a robot to pick up a block. There are so many tactical options the computer can't sort them and my head hurts. That and the difficulty curve is very unforgiving, in my opinion.

However, it's still fun. Even on freaking casual.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

mannik

CoD: Modern Warfare 2

The multiplayer is awesome!  ;D

Drake Valentine

I'm addicted to Dragon Ages like crack. ;o

Though I agree with Inkidu, the tactic system is a bit, per-say, lacking and flawed or to me it is. I tried variations, but it is a bit complicated, especially the aggressive, defensive, and whatnot on the right side. I mean, is there an option other than 'default' for your team to attack or stay within your radius if you aggro? It makes playing a rogue difficult, I'll hate to see what it is like to be a mage or something when few party members rush in there to their dooooom. DOOOOM! I have to result to a lot of hit and run tactics to win fights on normal with my rogue and that is with the mage, templar, and dog companion. ;o

Normal is like hard, seriously the first boss(haven't got that far in the game, played it two days) but omg at that troll. It took me three or four attempts to figure out how to finally beat him without him meanmugging my party all over the place.

And I am the type that refuses to use a strategy guide for any game till I beat it. ;o Or part of beating it, as I believe each background has a diverse story to some point to it.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sabby

Uhm... dunno what you guys are doing wrong o.o I have a Rogue, and I'm not finding the game fiddly or hard. Some of the bosses later are a bit harder then they should be, but I handle most bosses on the first try... and yes, this is on normal >.>

I think you should look into the tactics screen ^^ that helps a lot. You can set so many lil things... like having Morrigan use Mind Blast if shes surrounded, or having Alistair throw himself at the biggest/highest classed enemy, or setting Archers to use anti-armor shots on high armor class enemies...

Hell, a lil thing like setting Mage types to use Lyrium potions when they hit 10% Mana was a huge help.

Tonalberry

I agree with Sabby.  Granted, I'm playing it on easy, so I don't really get to comment I guess, but I haven't had much trouble with the game.  I think the worst time I've had with it so far is when you're in the Fade, in the last section before you go to the central area to confront the sloth demon.  there was a room filled with Mages and Adepts, and I died so many times cause I expected them to try and hit me with fire, so I'd run in as the burning man.

Other than that, I think the hardest fight I had was against the Revenant in the Mages' Tower.  And while it's not exactly something that gave me trouble, right now I'm in Redcliff, saved right before nightfall, and I need to go back and try and get through the fight without letting any of the militia die.  I got through it once, but every last one of the defenders died.

Jude

I loved Borderlands and I didn't even play it multiplayer--then again I wasn't expecting story.  They purposely left the end hanging and they're going to flesh it out with DLC (which is admittedly quite crappy, the game would've been much better with a bit more content added on to make sense of the ending).

The shooter controls were fine, leveling up was fun, and I like the overall system.  The game had lots of charm from Claptrap, Scooter, Doctor Zed, Markus, and Tannis was absolutely hilarious.

The missions were technically the same thing over and over, but there was enough variety in stage design I didn't really notice.  You go from a wasteland, to a wild-west style mine, to a military base, then you end up fighting on a snowy mountaintop.  I thought that was pretty awesome.

I loved the game--and I'm amazed you managed to beat it in 6 hours, I don't even know how that's possible.

Then again I also think Dragon Age Origins is really not what I expected.  I loved the KOTOR games, mass effect was OK, but to me this game is a giant snoozefest :|

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sabby on November 14, 2009, 10:04:30 PM
Uhm... dunno what you guys are doing wrong o.o I have a Rogue, and I'm not finding the game fiddly or hard. Some of the bosses later are a bit harder then they should be, but I handle most bosses on the first try... and yes, this is on normal >.>

I think you should look into the tactics screen ^^ that helps a lot. You can set so many lil things... like having Morrigan use Mind Blast if shes surrounded, or having Alistair throw himself at the biggest/highest classed enemy, or setting Archers to use anti-armor shots on high armor class enemies...

Hell, a lil thing like setting Mage types to use Lyrium potions when they hit 10% Mana was a huge help.

I am apparently tactically challenged then to its mechanics. There is just so much stuff to it and there are like two pages of the tactics of a character. Stuff on the left and then stuff of their skills on the right which also has noted of how they act at top of default, aggressive, passive, or whatever.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sabby

Dude, I'm one of those poor, intellectually impaired souls that has an Xbox because I can't be expected to mingle with the Master Race that is the PC crowd, and I don't find the tactics difficult at all.

Tonalberry

Also, on the topic of Borderlands.  I started playing it, expecting the story to not be top-notch quality.  I figured, eh, looks like yet another post-apocalyptic wasteland style game.  You're a Vault Hunter, searching for the great alien vault, yada yada.  That's not why I'm playing it.  I'm playing it cause it's freakin' Diablo With Guns!  Just the sheer number of different gun combinations you can get is awesome.  Granted, I've got Roland at lvl 28 or 29, and a lot of the guns I get are still utter shit vendor trash, but then there are the occasional Awesomesauce guns you get.  Not to mention the elemental artifacts you can get to upgrade your action skills with.  And there's the Eridian weaponry.  So far, I've only found one, and it's kinda shit now compared to my other weapons, but just knowing that if I ever run low on ammo for whatever reason, I can pull out a plasma rifle with unlimited, regenerating ammo is awesome.