Battle Royal. (d20 modern modified. Extreme content. All welcome.)

Started by vatovie, February 15, 2016, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

Hello just wanted to put an idea out there for a game that using some modified d20 modern rules.

It's Battle Royal. That fun little book/movie where a bunch of high schoolers kill each other on an island and where the last one wins a prison sentence and nothing else. It's like the Hunger Games but this came long before it and has more blood, gore, and personal sadness as people who have known each other their whole lives are forced to kill each other to survive.

In this case I'm making them all picked up on their way to their high school graduation ceremony. That way every character should be around 18 and have some solid skills. Enough to start at level 5.

The game works like this. You make your character and then you get shown the big old map of the island you will be on. Everyone has a collar on that will explode if you try to escape or attack the control room. The map is also split into a grid and if you are in a danger zone after a one hour warning you will also be missing your neck soon.

At the start you get a duffle bag that has food and water to last the duration of the game and one random item. You roll to pick one duffle at random or if you decide to be a level 1 you roll 5 times. I tell you what is in the 5 duffles and you pick your favorite. It can be anything in them. From any kind of gun. To a frying pan. To a paper fan. to a Hatchet. To keys to a tank. To a chemistry book and kit. To even a bit of uranium in a lead casing.

It can take up to 30 players but more than likely it will be a minimum of 5 with a lot of NPCs. Any method that allows you and anyone else to survive to the end of the 3 week duration is a valid victory. It will be using full d20 modern rules. So yes you can Macgyver just about anything into existence with the right skills.

There is one NPC who can make or break the game. Each day he has a chance of leaving the island and it grows each day as well. They are crazy hard to kill and have amazing gear. You can kill them or befriend them. Or more than likely die to them as they are near impossible to beat. Either way it's easier than escaping the island yourself and gives you a fun little extra method to win.

Every week a third of the island becomes a permanent danger zone ending in everyone being led into a room in the control building on the final day to kill each other there.

I'll find the map soon and post it but until then anyone who wants to make a character and get ready for a blood bath full of teamwork, betrayal, debauchery, and fun please make a character and post it here or send it to me. I'll be glad to help people make characters as well and anything non magical you can make with this book that's level 5 or below is fair game. It's the real world with all it's near infinite potential.

Anything past the book you want to do I will take a look at but I can't guarantee it will be accepted.

Here's the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NVrK5kSivJUmF2cmN0bjRGVk0/view?usp=sharing