Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avorae

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 15, 2015, 03:57:46 PM
*nods*

Suits fine :). Although there is limit for one inherited template and one gained template (meaning natural lycantrophic panda is inherited through birth, so need pick half-doppleganger, phrenic or feytouched as 'gained' template which was gained as part of adventures or ascension to become legendary monster). I am willing bend rule bit so that natural lycantrophe can be a race (meaning your race is literally a panda) so you can get 1 inherited template and 1 gained template top of that.

Meaning either half-doppleganger, phrenic or feytouched (one of three) needs go.

Actually She is a anthromorph from the Savage species meaning her race is panda [Monstrous Humanoid] . Hence why her is LA 5 instead of a 9. So for her inherited Template I will go Half-Doppelganger to get the Shapeshifting needed for Warshaper. And the Fey touched as her gained template and just drop the Pheric.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 15, 2015, 04:04:43 PM
It's mentioned twice over two long threads, to be fair. You should edit it directly into the character creation guidelines if you want people to stop trying to use Monster of Legend.

Yeah, probably should :P. But some folks do not even read house rule part of char gen (as I get suggestions for cohorts with fighter levels when fighter no longer exists).

Quote from: avorae on April 15, 2015, 04:07:25 PM
Actually She is a anthromorph from the Savage species meaning her race is panda [Monstrous Humanoid] . Hence why her is LA 5 instead of a 9. So for her inherited Template I will go Half-Doppelganger to get the Shapeshifting needed for Warshaper. And the Fey touched as her gained template and just drop the Pheric.

Ok, sounds fine. Proceed :). You had chosen quite nice pic for her....so what her alternative shapes are then as half-doppleganger? I assume one form is female human/elf/something from panda form.

schnookums

All of this work just so I can have horrible wicked things happen to my faerie dragon ;) I think I've got an idea to go with now though

Snake

Hahaha.

I also had a char idea that's a lesser tiefling + vampire lord + evolved (how? lesser tiefling is LA 0 )

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Snake on April 15, 2015, 04:24:04 PM
Hahaha.

I also had a char idea that's a lesser tiefling + vampire lord + evolved (how? lesser tiefling is LA 0 )

MUAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAAHAH! *cackles uncontrollably*

If you're wondering whats so funny that was my EXACT combination before I refined it a little.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Vampire lord is going to be popular choice for evil undead :P. Just do remember there is liches and death knights (I am death knight) if speak classic villain undead. Also nobody has taken a full mature/old dragon + paragon creature approach yet (faerie dragon what schnookums is taking fits to 12 CR in full creature).

TheGlyphstone

Probably because a full dragon is far weaker than an equal HD/level monster plus double gestalt classes, so it ends up much less 'legendary' in terms of capability.

Snake

Zaer, one reason why: Vamp lords ca be out in daylight, they jus tlose their cool powers out in instead of vaporizing.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 15, 2015, 04:31:28 PM
Vampire lord is going to be popular choice for evil undead :P. Just do remember there is liches and death knights (I am death knight) if speak classic villain undead. Also nobody has taken a full mature/old dragon + paragon creature approach yet (faerie dragon what schnookums is taking fits to 12 CR in full creature).

I considered it, but I would have done so only on the indication its a vampire dragon

Snake

Though I'd play a old Fang dragon paragon and shitkick people like a boss bein a draconic tank.

Kunoichi

Weren't the dragon characters also allowed to have up to two templates and any class levels they could work in?  I do have that sample stat sheet sitting on my computer for a paragon swarm-shifter vampiric fang dragon for this game, after all...

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, so yeah; one inherited and one gained template + paragon creature top of being old age category dragon.

Snake

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 15, 2015, 04:44:45 PM
Aha, so yeah; one inherited and one gained template + paragon creature top of being old age category dragon.

Bah too late now. Wish you would have mentioned earlier it had those options id so be a vampire dragon. But np problem the Idol of Sune was a great start.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on April 15, 2015, 04:47:07 PM
But no classes to balance that out correct?

No classes. As dragon is powerful monster both physical and mystical might combined.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 15, 2015, 04:47:34 PM
Bah too late now. Wish you would have mentioned earlier it had those options id so be a vampire dragon. But np problem the Idol of Sune was a great start.

Sorry :(. Hope your happy with present one none the less.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Snake on April 15, 2015, 04:47:07 PM
But no classes to balance that out correct?

No, classes are also allowed, including those dragon-only prestige classes in Draconomicon. ^^ I pretty distinctly remember those being brought up as possible options.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yeah, classes with sacrifice on CR. Dragons had CR 33 so they could be old dragons but they can be younger dragons (reducing HD and abilities) in return get dragon only PrC's in return from reduced age.

It has been so long while we last talk about it :P.

Sain

I think I'll start tinker on an arch dragon of law
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

schnookums

Khel'ikenth
Khel'ikenth
CG Small Dragon
Class:Chaos Monk 9/Paladin of Freedom 3 (Nonspellcasting) | Binder 12| Half-Fae Faerie Dragon (8HD)
Initiative:
Senses:
Languages:

Armor Class, touch , flat-footed
Hit Points:
Saves:Fort +, Ref +, Will +; +??
Speed:
Melee:
Ranged:
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Base Attack:

Attack Options:

Spell-Like Abilities: Charm Person (At will) Hypnotism (1/Day), Faerie Fire or Glitterdust (1/day)
Detect Law (3/day), Sleep or Enthrall (1/day), Protection from Law (3/day), Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion (1/day), Confusion or Emotion (1/day), Dancing Lights (At Will), Ghost Sound (At Will), Detect Magic (At will), Charm Monster (3/day), Entangle (3/day), Glitterdust (3/day), Invisibility (3/day), Major Image (3/day), Obscuring Mist (3/day), Animate Objects (1/day), Mind Fog (1/day), Project Image (1/day), Summon Nature's Ally IV (1/day), Commune with Nature (1/month), Greater Dispel Magic (3/day), Haste (3/day), See Invisibility (3/day) 

Abilities: Str 22 (+6), Dex 38 (+14),Con 24 (+7), Int 34 (+12), Wis 40 (+15) , Cha 46 (+18) (+1 Cha/Wis for 4th/8th/12th)

Special Attacks: Breath Weapon (20' Cone of Weedbong420 Breath, Daze for 1d6 rounds), Smite Evil 1/Day
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60', Immunity to Sleep/Paralysis, Low Light Vision, Scent, Spell Resistance 31, Water Breathing, Fast Healing 20, DR 10/Epic, Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, 

Class Abilities: Divine Grace, Lay on Hands, Divine Health, , Aura of Resolve, Minor Auras(Motivate Charisma,Motivate Intelligence , Major Aura +1 (Motivate Attack), Unarmed Strike, Wisdom Bonus to AC, +30' To moevement, +1 Bonus to AC, Slow Fall 30', Flailing Strike (1d4, -0), Improved Evasion, Erratic Advance, Ki Strike (Magic), Still Mind, Displacing Stance (20%),Monk Weapon Mastery,  Soul Binding (2 Vestiges, 6th level), Pact Augmentation (3 Abilities), Soul Guardian (Immune to Fear, Slippery Mind)

Skills:

Feats: Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Weapon Finesse,
Equipment:

Okay, here's the start to my character, ended up cribbing the Paladin of Freedom/Chaos Monk idea...kinda wanted to go different but it was hard to ignore what the classes offered. A ton of number crunching has to follow, and I suspect dealing with magic items will probably be the death of me.

Kunoichi

It certainly looks like you're off to a pretty good start, schnookums. ^^

schnookums

The other option (which would actually probably be way stronger to tell the truth) Would be Chaos Monk 12/Binder 1 (With Improved Binding Feat) Arcane caster 3/4 (need 2nd level spells) and then Anima mage 8/7. If I went wizard I'd get caster level 11 and Binder level 9 (11 for purposes of what vestiges I can bind). That being said, it would give me an absurd amount of choices to make (And admittedly a million different options).

Also, she might be Size small, but don't forget the epic escape artist checks to squeeze into small spaces ;)

Kunoichi

Anima Mage probably would be the stronger option in this game, yes.  And I can only imagine what sort of tight spaces she'll wind up squeezing into in this game. :P

schnookums

Okay everyone, start cranking up the escape artist checks, we're going to invent our newest stealth tactic, the Trojan Faerie Dragon

Sain

Just gonna invest in some magical putt plug and be k. Can you increase effective binder level with the insight bonus, because that would be pretty cool?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301