Fate Stay Night rp interest check

Started by Saikotsu, February 21, 2010, 02:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

I'm rather busy at the moment with all my assignments in school, but I wanted to test the waters now to see if anyone would be interested in doing a fate-stay night rp down the road.  At the moment, I'd like to do an rp in which all the servants are original characters I've made for previous games (besm,dnd, online rp's, etc.) with each of you playing as whatever you want to be.  If you have any questions, or don't like something I've laid out, feel free to speak up, this is an interest check after all.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Wolfy

So..We can be a master to one of the servants, right? :P

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=51639.0

You may want to ask some of the people that were involved in my old false start.

Saikotsu

thank you Karma, and yes wolfy, you can be a master. 
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Wolfy

So master and servaints are separate people..I wonder who I could get to be my servant..:P

Saikotsu

it depends on the class of servant really.  Is there a particular class you'd want?
- a friend

Wolfy

Read the thread I linked. I was... thorough.

Wolfy

Cool..thanks Karma..

I think I'd want either a Caster or Lancer Servant..:P

Saikotsu

Ah, both of which are good choices, (they're all good, for different reasons).  I'm still debating which character best fits the caster archetype.  If it comes down to it, I could easily choose one via dice roll, or I could ask you indirectly (like a prefference in magic school or what have you.)   
As for Lancer, that would be a very interesting character to have on your side. 
- a friend

Wolfy

Well for Caster's usual I like those that can summon familiars and things..:P

Chuukun

I'd like to carry my Saber-servant from that other interest check over to this one, if possible.

Saber Jeanne d'Arc.

Also, I had a Master posted there also, if it's possible for us to play two characters, I'd also use that one.

Master Finagelita Edelfelt.

Saikotsu

I think we could do that, though are you referring to Joan of Arc or the character from the game Jeanne D'Arc (technically the same person I think)? If your're carrying a character over, I'd like to know the capabilities of the servant.
- a friend

Chuukun

It is the same character. Different name as Joan of Arc is the english version, Jeanne d'Arc the french and I think Johanna von Orleans is the german version, but it all refers to the same person.

And here is the bio I wrote up for her:

General Informations

Name: Jeanne "la pucelle" d'Arc
Class: Saber

Servant Status

Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: A
Endurance: A++
Agility: B
Mana: A
Luck: C

Class Abilities:
Magic Resistance: D

Riding: C

Abilities:
Purity: A
Her unwavering faith allows Jeanne to use any holy sword that is of A-rank or lower as if it is her own Noble Phantasm. This does not extend to demonic weapons, and only increases her vulnerability against them.

Gods servant: B
Jeanne is able to hear a voice sometimes, and it tells her the best course of action. It can be seen as a form of clairvoyance, and has never failed her so far, yet she has no control over it and it only works in a battle and related to one, not for every day life.

Charisma: C
A rare ability, and C-rank is enough to lead an army.

Noble Phantasms
Durendal, "The Unparalleled Famous Sword"
Type: Anti-Fortress

This gleaming, holy sword is enchanted by three miracles, allowing its blade to never dull even when its user's Mana has been expended. Old legends call Durendal indestructible, and claim it was once wielded by Hector of Troy, a skilled lancer who fought in Homer's Iliad. Later, this sword became famous as the weapon gifted to the renowned paladin Roland by the Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne, who had originally received the blade from a seraph.

Roland tried to destroy the sword before it fell in the hands of the Saracen, but found that rather than being smashed at the rocks, it cut right through the mountain. After it was preserved in Rocamadour, thrust into a mountain towering the city, Jeanne d'Arc retrieved it from there to aid her in her quest. Recognizing her purity, Durandal accepted his new wielder immediately,

A semi-sentient sword, Durendal evokes his true powers only in desperation. When Jeanne is in danger, it will lend her its powers with ease, but if Jeanne forces them out when Durendal does not agree with it, the ability will cost three times as much mana, thus exhausting her quickly, and it degrades in strength by one rank. In danger, she can use Durendal about five times without pause, making it rather mana-efficient.

In effect, Durendal will emit a reddish light, and when swung, the light will fly out in the arch given by the sword and cut through anything that can not withstand it.

Dame Blanche "Shield of the white lady"
Type: Support/Anti-Unit
Despite the norm, Jeanne did not have to face much magic initially on her quest, and it was quite a setback for her when she encountered it first on the battlefield. Since she had no resistance against it and her quest was in a critical phase, this shield was said to be granted to her by a white lady, and she found its use in battle against enemy magi.

Since it is not normally used by Jeanne, it is safely strapped to her back. A wonderful shield, it is designed to shield her from Magic, but it is not an amulet and has to be equipped to be of any use. Since it is designed as a defense from magic, it has limited physical defenses and could only withstand a few blows and it is too precious for Jeanne to be used that way.

Oriflamme "Golden Flame"
Type: Support
Since she was the representation of her king on the battlefield, Jeanne was granted the royal standard, Oriflamme.

Jeanne usually is seen holding the flag that is on top of a 2 meter-pole in her offhand, while Durandal is ready for battle in her right. While this makes her easily recognisable, she has taken pride in her identity.

Oriflamme is not fit for being used as blocking any incoming attacks, but is rather used for consecrating the ground beneath Jeannes feet. This is signified by a glowing light that spreads in a circle, up to fifteen feet around Jeanne. Inside this circle, Jeannes stats and those she considers her allies increase by one. It costs little mana, but steadily drains it away the longer it is used.

Physical Description

Jeanne appears as a young woman, barely ascended to adulthood. Her face, gestures and even eyes are battle-hardened. But even so, her blue eyes are not incapable of showing compassion, but her time was not a time where it was needed or even affordable. Her hair, unkempt and blond, is short, so as to not interfere and block her sight during battle.

Underneath her armor, many scars are to be found. She did not have the luxury of immortality or invulnerability, and most scars are from arrows and blades. One particular big scar is a burn mark on her back, testimony of her death.

In battle, Jeanne wears a special customized armor. It has no special attributes, but the King of France himself outfitted her, and the suit is ideal. Underneath a layer of chain mail, she wears a plated armor that protects her limbs and body. Usually not a rider by nature, Jeanne wears little leg-plates, so as to not slow down her movements even further.

Aside from her battle ornaments, Jeanne prefers a plain robe, devoid of any ornaments and in rural colours, testament to her peasant routes.

Personality
Jeanne is, above all, a devoted person. Having believed in the good of her cause, she defended her country and her beliefs to the end. Even now, she still stands loyal to her cause and what she sees as 'right' and does her best to see to it that justice prevails.

But even so, Jeanne still is a young woman, one that barely had a real childhood. She shared many similarities with fellow Heroic Spirit Saber Arthuria Pendragon, although Jeanne herself is quite aware of her femininity, but like Arthuria, she had neglected this in favor of the battles of her time.

Jeanne is one of the most durable Heroic spirits, able to fight for extended periods of time with Durandal, a trait she showed during her life, which in turn was attributed to her unwavering faith. Her cause, originally to liberate her country, has now turned to fulfill the will of 'God' and destroy any and all that would threaten humanity as a whole and will not allow anything to stop her in that quest.

History

A young girl, Jeanne grew up as a peasant in the fifteenth century in eastern France, during a time of strife as her country was in a slow but constant war with the invading armies of Britanny. It seemed like the girl was destined to be nothing more than a simply farmers wife in the future, but fate thought differently.

One day out in the field, she heard voices. Telling her things about the war that she had so little involvement yet. Those voices continued speaking to her over the next few years, until she spoke with a cleric about it. She wished to speak to the king and, with the help of two noblemen, Jean de Metz and Bertrand de Poulengy, she was brought into court before Charles VII.

The king, having fought a losing battle ever since the conflict had begun anew, had nothing left to lose and granted Jeanne her request of leading a regiment. And the rest is history, as they say. Having been victorious in her first exploit against the Britains, Jeanne eventually went on to lead the French army and under her command, remarkable successes were made.

However, during a battle, retreat was necessitated. Jeanne, insisting on withdrawing from the battlefield as the last one due to being the commander, was surrounded and captured by the British. Taken into custody, she was trialed and sentenced to death by burning.

And so, she died, far from home and her king. Her only regret was not to have returned to her king, her benefactor, who, unbeknownst to her, had done nothing to save her from her fate.

Not a "true" Heroic Spirit by definition, Jeanne is actually a Counter Spirit. She had been given power not by the God she believed in, but by a power very much like a god: Alaya. Alaya, being the will of humanity to survive, had given Jeanne the strength necessary to fight the armies of Britain back and thus ensure that no future harm would befall humanity as a result.

However, it was this sort of contract that Jeanne agreed to that bound her to Alaya indefinitely. Now, she serves it as a Counter Guardian, a spirit that is only summoned in order to ward off the destruction of the human race. And that Jeanne is summoned can only mean one thing... her strength is needed by the world.

I'm not going to commit to anything since my schedule's pretty crazy right now, but I will keep an eye on this.

Saikotsu

that's fine Karma, as I said, I'm going to be busy for a little while with my schoolwork, so I wasn't planning on starting this too soon. This is, after all, an interest check, which I crafted mainly to see if it'd be feasible to do this rp.  In the event I do decide to go through with it, I'll send each of you a PM with a link to the rp. 

As for the profile Chuukun, very nice. If and when I do this rp, you're accepted. 
- a friend