Current to-do list (Add requests here : )

Started by Vekseid, March 03, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

I have no idea if anyone else has brought this up or not.

There are some topics which were locked for certain reasons and now I find that I can't unlock them at all. Nor can you lock brand new topic just made. I was just wondering about that.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

cattycutie

It might sound like a silly, pernickety thing, but is there a way of making the reply box bigger?

Also, when's the arcade coming back?
Beth's kinks

Hold me, I'm a fermata!

Vekseid

Quote from: Silver on March 05, 2009, 02:34:50 PM
I have no idea if anyone else has brought this up or not.

There are some topics which were locked for certain reasons and now I find that I can't unlock them at all. Nor can you lock brand new topic just made. I was just wondering about that.

Are you able to unlock them now?

Vekseid

Quote from: cattycutie on March 07, 2009, 06:14:49 AM
It might sound like a silly, pernickety thing, but is there a way of making the reply box bigger?

Also, when's the arcade coming back?

Click on the bar and drag it >_>

The arcade is the last thing. : )

Greenthorn

Vek...The donation bar thing...can it be moved to above the SB?  Perhaps put in the title where we have our PM notifictaion (yay! thanks!)?

Maeven

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2009, 07:44:36 AM
Are you able to unlock them now?

I asked her last night, she said no... was going to mention it to you today.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Cecilia

Anyway to make the typeface larger on the screen for the Shoutbox and the "New Replies to Your post"  I imagine if I have a hard time seeing them, anyone with major vision issues won't see them at all...

Mithlomwen

Ok this is probably really nitpicky but I did notice that if you are say...in the Hot Box and you are in the reply screen and scroll down to the previous replies, and there happens to be another one you want to add to your reply, the [insert quote] font is REALLY tiny. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

BigBuckBob

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2009, 07:47:00 AM
Click on the bar and drag it >_>

The arcade is the last thing. : )
On the subject of arcade:[so ignore it, apologies if it isn't the type of feedback you're currently seeking.]

Don't know if you planned on keeping the tournaments option. I vote yes if you're still deciding. Anyway, if it is kept. Possibly an update via pm, that informs those involved of when a round ends and it is time for the next round.
Or each player can play all the games as time allows, rather then waiting for everyone else.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Vekseid

Quote from: Buchanen on March 07, 2009, 04:10:57 PM
On the subject of arcade:[so ignore it, apologies if it isn't the type of feedback you're currently seeking.]

Don't know if you planned on keeping the tournaments option. I vote yes if you're still deciding. Anyway, if it is kept. Possibly an update via pm, that informs those involved of when a round ends and it is time for the next round.
Or each player can play all the games as time allows, rather then waiting for everyone else.

The SMF arcade is a HUGE modification. The later the cleaner, the cleaner the better : )

Vekseid

Hokay, I've added three simple bbcode tags. These are: floatleft, floatright, and justify. justify works like the left, right, and center tags, which does full justification of text. floatleft and floatright create floating divs, which allows you to do things like wrap text around an image.

I'm putting off more complex codes for now in order to try to get another subproject here finished - I want to roll the blogs into SMF entirely, which means creating a layout for it and such, a bit like the dicebot and chat currently do. That way permission isn't required and more importantly, people can comment directly on blog posts.

If anyone wants more simple bbcode tags, feel free to ask.

Caeli

Veks, d'ya think you can make it so that when you float an image like that, there's a... how do you put it... slight spacing / margin between the image and the text? :( If it's not possible,  or will take some configuring, it can wait. You know how annoying my OCDness is.

Thank you. <333

-big hug-
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Stattick

Quote from: Caeli on March 07, 2009, 10:25:06 PM
Veks, d'ya think you can make it so that when you float an image like that, there's a... how do you put it... slight spacing / margin between the image and the text? :( If it's not possible,  or will take some configuring, it can wait. You know how annoying my OCDness is.

Thank you. <333

-big hug-

I'm right there with you. Being able to wrap text with a simple command instead of relying on simple bbc tables that cannot be specified as a particular pixel width is great, but it would be awesome if there was a default little space between the image and text, or maybe a defineable space.
O/O   A/A

Vekseid

Okay, I've added a padding parameter to the image tag... so far, the only parameters it accepts nicely (so far) are padding, height and width.

[img padding=10 height=400 width=300]https://elliquiy.com/forums/avs/avatar_2.png[/img]Hello world!

Produces:
Hello world!

Stattick

Oh... I really like this. For my purposes, I think that the img pading is certainly good enough.
O/O   A/A

Cecilia

I don't have a "Reply All" feature on my messages anymore....is this a preference setting I can't seem to find or some other problem you get to fix?

Greenthorn

Something that bugs me and I know I've seen you (Vek) mention it somewhere or other:

There's been a lot of newbies with names that are -really- close to names already in use.  Is there a way to make it so that certain names are unavailable?

Like for mine:

Greenthorn

No one can join as: GT, Greenie, GreenT

Cherri_Tart

No one can join as: Cherri, Tartlet, Cherry_Tart

I guess the nicknames we all have would be too difficult to incorporate in it...but it -would- be really nice.  (I mean I'm sure you could find someone to list all of everyone's nicknames for you after making a post and having people send them in and all...if it is indeed something that can be done ::) )

Caeli

-squees at the image padding-

Thank you Veks. <33

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 08, 2009, 02:02:26 PM
Something that bugs me and I know I've seen you (Vek) mention it somewhere or other:

There's been a lot of newbies with names that are -really- close to names already in use.  Is there a way to make it so that certain names are unavailable?

Like for mine:

Greenthorn

No one can join as: GT, Greenie, GreenT

Cherri_Tart

No one can join as: Cherri, Tartlet, Cherry_Tart

I guess the nicknames we all have would be too difficult to incorporate in it...but it -would- be really nice.  (I mean I'm sure you could find someone to list all of everyone's nicknames for you after making a post and having people send them in and all...if it is indeed something that can be done ::) )

If someone makes an obvious dupe name we can deal with them.

Caeli

Ooh. >.>; -coughs and peeks around a boulder-

Any chance you could... make the padding selective? >_>;

Like, padding-left, padding-right, padding-top, padding-bottom...

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Went to unlock a topic and it won't let me:

This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.

Vekseid

That you're either going to have to get a mod to unlock for you, and see if you can lock/unlock it yourselves, otherwise we'll need to get some moderators for the Adult Socializing forum.

Greenthorn

Well it was for the Photo Album...which I had locked...so ummm...

Make me a mod?

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Caeli on March 09, 2009, 07:40:33 AM
It's been unlocked. :P

Thank you...but it was supposed to be locked...somehow became unlocked during the night and then locked again...then unlockable by me this morning. 

Okay...which one of you is trying to confuse me?!?!  *tries the paranoia act*