News:

Main Menu

CastleStory!

Started by BCdan, July 28, 2012, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCdan

So there is a new game that just started up its Kickstarter yesterday and already it has nearly 300% funding.  Ive been watching this game for a long time and think it looks awesome. 

Heres a video from a few months ago of their first demo!  I think this game is going to be the next Minecraft. 

Castle Story - first demonstration

~I enjoy random PM's~

Kimhi

Aww that is awesome.  I remember running across this a couple of months ago when I was looking the Unity engine up.  Was actually one of the reasons I decided to try and make a hobby out of game development.  Really inspiring.  Definitely putting in for this - Thanks for sharing it!

BentNikki

This is kind of exciting, looks like a lot of fun! 

I'll have to look into its kickstarter, or keep up with dev diaries.

BCdan

Just 69 hours to go! *giggle*

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story

I donated so I can get the full product.  Looking forward to the beta later this year.

Oh yeah, that kick starter was kinda successful. 

~I enjoy random PM's~

Aiden

/kickstarted it, this game looks fun!

DarkSideofThinking

just wwatched the video and the first impression I had was that I thought of it as a mixture of two games. First quite obviously mincraft but second a game I know froma a long time ago. Something like Air Normads? Can't remember correctly but maybe someone of you knows it too. Basically it was a game about flying islands which could move and you could direct them. there were also a lot of things you could collect to build later on your island. For example defence towers for battles against planes and other islands. You also had a character who could move around the island and jump to others if reachable etc.

so yeah this game kinda reminds me of that. But it really looks nice for a bit of fun in the minecraft genre (not even sure what genre that is)

BCdan

~I enjoy random PM's~