Nightwood Falls 3.0 (Horror, Monsters, Sandbox, Freeform, Everyone Friendly)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 05, 2016, 01:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkGoddess

Sidenote: *Put this together before class (I was excited), so completely willing to edit it if need be*

Name: Gwendolyn (Gwen) Price

Character Type: Main Character

Occupation: From out of town. Full time student, part time drug dealer and waitress.

Physical Description: Gwen is 5'7" and slim. Olive skin, blue eyes, freckles, and soft black hair.

Personality: Gwen is a go-getter who prefers to do things on her own. She has a sarcastic sense of humor, and tends to say exactly what is on her mind. Very confident in her abilities, but not arrogant. Resilience is her middle name, and she is never one to back down from a fight. She is quick-thinking, resourceful, as well as street and book smart. Gwen tends to expect the worst from people, and they rarely disappoint.

History: Gwen's mother abandoned the family at a young age, and her father was a hardcore abusive alcoholic. The youngest of three siblings, she was everyone's punching bag. She ran away at twelve, and joined a group of street kids who became the family she never had. Unfortunately, at 16, when she began to be less of an awkward preteen and more of a developing young lady, she caught the eye of the leader of the group. This sparked a rivalry between Gwen and his girlfriend, and led to Gwen being banished.

From there, Gwen moved around a lot, working odd jobs that no one else wanted. Always being intelligent, she managed to get her GED and enroll in community college. It was there she met a guy, and the two began dating. He was the local weed dealer on campus, and used Gwen and her job at a fancy local restaurant to expand his clientele. She paid careful attention to his business, and quickly picked up on the trade. When she caught him sleeping with one of her coworkers, she dumped him and took off with his product, gun, and cash. Someone convinced her to enroll at Nightwood University, where she was able to transfer on full scholarship due to her 4.0 GPA and the fact that she has no money and no family.

Quirks:

• Survival Skills: Though she has technically been on her own since twelve, Gwen basically raised herself. Anything she needs, money/food/shelter, she has a way of getting. Living in the streets also teaches you to defend yourself, even if you look like you could be easily snapped in half. Being underestimated works out in Gwen's favor. Resourceful and willing to do anything to survive, she holds her own in a fight.
  • Stolen Gun: Being a drug dealer, even on a college campus, is dangerous business. Gwen still has the handgun that she took from her ex-boyfriend.
  • Intelligence: Gwen is book and street smart, and has the ability to come up with ideas quickly, and a lot of times they work out for her.

Flaws:

• Small Build: Even though she's scrappy, Gwen doesn't weigh more than 120 lbs soaking wet, which is a clear disadvantage when it comes to defending herself.
  • Desire to Trust/Lacks Allies: She acts tough and jaded, but deep down Gwen yearns for companionship. This can blind her to people's true intentions, and makes her an easy target for deception. Gwen is also alone in the world. If she disappeared, no one would come looking for her.
  • Likes to Face Things Head on: Gwen doesn't know when it's time to stop fighting and RUN. At the first inkling of danger, she's the one who is going to go check it out instead of heading out the front door.

Link your O&O: For this particular RP, anything goes with this character except severe permanent mutilation (like losing limbs).

Specify Ons: This is a horror RP so besides what I have mentioned, anything goes.

Specify Hard Offs: I'm good with anything except for the permanent mutilation like I said above - so losing arms, legs, eyeballs, fingers (actually I could part with one finger  ;) ), etc. Things that turn into scars is completely fine.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): No, Gwen is going to come out the other end, far more damaged than she already was.

Face Claim?: Anna Speckhart

Surprise GM Events?: Absolutely!

Connections?: Open to suggestions. Would love for another character to be the one to suggest she attend Nightwood University, a Knowing character who obviously had less than honorable intentions with the suggestion.

Whowhatwhere

Here's my idea for a normal human. Probably victim - though wouldn't it be neat to keep the "main character", "knowing", or "victim" identity a secret? Any human could die at any time! Anyway...

Name: Da'Shon Bobo (Face Claim: Bob Marley)

Character Type: Victim

Brief History: Da'Shon became the most Rasta'd motherfucker after one trip to Haiti in college. He began smoking weed and went from straight A student to dropout, and he's been there ever since. He's done a little time for peddling weed down in his home state of Alabama, but he'd get out quickly and keep the trade up. That plus mooching and couch surfing was enough to keep him going. It wasn't until things got really hot with the law that he "spontaneously" decided that it would be a real blast to hike across the country.

Who can play?: Anyone

Sexuality: Swears to be pansexual, but prefers hetero.

Surprise GM Events?: Yes

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os: OOC O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=53390

Sexual ONs: IC On's: Typical horror movie horny guy stuff: hedonistic but fairly vanilla, might pressure an innocent woman into sex, tries to peddle his dope for favors.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Any

Specify Hard OFFs: The only limit is that any of the fucked-up horror stuff won't turn me on, IC or OOC. Sex and horror have firmly drawn lines between them in my mind. Fuck me or fuck me up, but not both.

Connections?: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

TheDarkGoddess

I think my character would have an obvious connection to Da'Shon. Rivals? Friendly competition? 420 buddies?

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on September 07, 2016, 02:18:58 PM
I think my character would have an obvious connection to Da'Shon. Rivals? Friendly competition? 420 buddies?

Hahah, I didn't even notice! We posted roughly within 10 minutes of each other.

You'll notice he's a "Drug Dealer - at most". He has a stash and he sells off what he has for spending money to keep his low-key life going. He's no huge competition. So how possessive are you of your territory? Would a group of people smoking weed (that wasn't yours) on campus give you pause? He'd want to merely stay out of trouble. He might even see you as supply, and want to buy your stuff in bulk, since such knowledge might make him ambitious. Really though, he just an easy going opportunist. Maybe we met, maybe we smoked, maybe we made a distribution deal, maybe he even came on to you. It's all good!
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Fetwick

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 07, 2016, 11:49:23 AM

I might be up for working something out with Roxie, Rel, if you're interested.  I'm sort of recycling another character from another group that I didn't get a chance to do much writing with.  Seem to have similar interests...

Main Character Sheet
Name:  Catherine Grant

Character Type: Main

Occupation:  A photographer for a major newspaper, from out of town.

Physical Description:  Catherine stands at about five feet, nine inches, with a slender and athletic form.  She possesses long, dark hair that matches her brown eyes.  A surgical scar is on her upper right forearm as result of a bullet wound.

Personality: A Battle-Hardened Civilian would be the best way to describe Catherine.  Friendly and sociable to a point among others, there is an underlying discomfort when it comes to having to deal and be around people who have lived a seemingly normal life.  She is a tough woman, used to dealing with the realities of combat without ever really having fired a gun in her life.  From the front lines of a combat zone, to the medical tents, from among the guerrilla combat soldiers in revolution-torn streets, to the dark and dank basements filled with the screaming wounded in a make-shift hospital.  Her experiences, however toughening mentally and physically they may have been, were not without their defects.  PTSD is something she struggles with on occasion.  Normally it is something she has grown accustomed to, something she has been able to get a handle on in life, but there are times, more than a few times, when it is too much to hold in and push off into the back of her mind.   

History: Catherine is a photojournalist for a major newspaper.  Her love of photography started at a young age, going through disposable cameras like candy in capturing images of life around her.  It helped to sustain her through high school, providing the job she loved during the long summers by photographing weddings, houses for sale, business, and the like.

As she moved out of her family's house in Philadelphia suburbs for the city, it was there that her career skyrocketed.  Her work caught the eye of editors of a major newspaper, and it was from there that she was hired and brought on to help capture images of the world.

In her work, she had been taken all over the world.  Combat situations in the Middle East.  Terrorist bombings.  Democratic revolutions.  Presidential visits.  In more than a few occasions did she get close to being nominated for her work, close to becoming an award winning photographer. 

Behind the scenes though, Catherine struggled with the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from her times in such stressful, dangerous situations.  It was after her last recent trip overseas that she's taken a leave of absence, to help gather herself and her thoughts, while channeling her energies and therapy in the form of more peaceful photography.  It's her goal of creating a photo book of images from around the United States that depict Americana that brings her to Nightwood.

A random stop on the map on her travels, the much-talked about science fair by the locals brings her there with her camera.

Quirks:

• No Stranger to Stressful Environments:  Experience from her career.  She's been in combat situations, embedded with troops, in cities that were in full riot mode, etc.
  • Physically Fit and Some Combat Training:  Another perk of the job.  It requires her to be fit, able to run for her life if needed, and has forced her to undergo some combat training to be in war zones and the like.

Flaws:

• PTSD:  Effects of her career have taken a mental toll.  It's made her awkward sometimes around people, and can be debilitating in some rare instances.
  • Pills:  A secret addiction that's been growing over the years.  For some time, pharmaceuticals have been the only escape she's had when things become too tough for her.

Link your O&O: Link

Specify Ons:  Nothing off the top of my head.

Specify Hard Offs:  Fine with gore and blood and guts.  Would like to not be involved in poo stuff if that happens, but agreeable to most things.

Sexuality:  Predominantly heterosexual.

Content Level:  Hell yeah

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):  Yes, but after discussion, and if it is a fitting death.  Hell is fine with me, but again, it would have to be after discussion.

Face Claim?:  Stoya

Connections?:  N/A at the moment.  Open to most anything, from friends, even family if you want to work on something like that, possible romance, enemies, monster's obsession, etc.  PM me if you would like to work something out.  I don't bite!

While we're on Roxie as subject, I might bring back (victim who never died) Brad Gibbons the Head Editor of the Newspaper from year one!

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on September 07, 2016, 02:38:28 PM

Hahah, I didn't even notice! We posted roughly within 10 minutes of each other.

You'll notice he's a "Drug Dealer - at most". He has a stash and he sells off what he has for spending money to keep his low-key life going. He's no huge competition. So how possessive are you of your territory? Would a group of people smoking weed (that wasn't yours) on campus give you pause? He'd want to merely stay out of trouble. He might even see you as supply, and want to buy your stuff in bulk, since such knowledge might make him ambitious. Really though, he just an easy going opportunist. Maybe we met, maybe we smoked, maybe we made a distribution deal, maybe he even came on to you. It's all good!

I would say she doesn't want trouble either - but I like the idea of being a supplier - you're making me ambitious with that suggestion! She is newer to the area so not territorial of location, but wouldn't want anyone stealing her clientele. I think it will make for an interesting connection.

Rel Mayer

Hey everyone! Love what I'm seeing so far, but give me until tonight and I'll finish through questions and preparing your sheets!

Keep 'em coming!

Totoro

So, I might have pretty much dropped the Lovecraftian bit of this and gone down a different road. Still the same end result of a manipulative psychological trauma inflicting shapeshifter. Pretty much embraced all the tropes ever but still, at least if someone hates clowns I'll be their nightmare. Also sorry for what feels like a wall of text.

Name: The Shambler

Character Type: Monster

Occupation: Taunting and terrorising it's victims. The Shambler will pick out targets seemingly at random, although often for a strange reason known only to itself. Once it has chosen it will relentlessly stalk the chosen victim, initially beginning by sowing the seeds of fear into their life. It will simply hint at supernatural events, open their eyes to strange possibilities and begin bringing evidence of dark portents and omens. As it continues the hunt it will bring harm to those around the target, not often itself but by careful manipulation of events and trickery it will spread injuries and death around them. As their sanity begins to waver it will increase the frequency, bringing dark images and signs of horror into their live anywhere it can. It is at this point it will likely enter their life by shapeshifting, using this ability to fool the target into trusting it.

Eventually it will always find a way to earn their trust, and begin feigning a period of peace. It is in this time the Shambler will learn exactly what hurt this victim the most. It will admire it's own work in great detail up close, enjoying the beauty of the fear it has inflicted. And then it is finally the last stage. The terror will return in a shocking, heavy fashion. Darkness will rain around the person and bring terror around every corner, backing them into realising the reality of the inescapable force assailing them. When they are utterly broken in mind, reduced to an irreparable shadow of their former self it will finally unveil itself to them. Stepping from the shadows with a gleeful, sickening smile before taunting them. But it will not kill them, no. Living with their own shattered mind finally finished by this reveal is far worse a fate than any death.

Currently the Shambler travels the world to sites of dark power and feasts upon the vasts wells of fear that spread there. This year it has finally decided to visit Nightwood and bring it's own masterfully planned scheming terror to any victims it can find. It conceals itself as Happyfun, a disjointed name but what can you expect from a fear obsessed monster attempting to act as a figure of joy, the clown. Travelling in a mobile circus with only a single tattered and worn out tent it will set up right by the edge of town, making sure to keep it dimly lit and uninviting. Within the tent lies the Shambler's lair, a sickening dimension of waking nightmares in which the Shambler rules and controls all.

Physical Description: The Shambler has many guises it adopts to trick victims and witnesses. It's most common disguise is that of Happyfun, a strange and highly eccentric clown who's manic performances have been known to both delight and unnerve witnesses at the same time. It is more than capable of concealing itself as any human it has ever met, mimicking their voice perfectly but always having a little strange manic energy. It tends to play a caricature of the person it impersonates, playing up their personality traits in excess. Rarely enough to give itself away, but enough to get itself treated oddly as people think the person is in a funny mood. It's aversion to light and love of dark is still fully present. In daylight the Shambler will be reduced to a very slow, shuffling pace at most. At night it can move inhumanely fast almost to the point of instant teleportation in complete shadow. It is only slightly affected by unnatural light, generally able to operate like a functioning adult human in average interior lightning.

Beneath the veneer of it's human masks the Shambler resembles a boogeyman like figure. He is tall, incredibly gaunt and humanoid in shape. His skin is a pale blue, something similar to human skin in extreme cold. There is not one ounce of warmth in it's skin. It has long, thin arms which it holds close to its body in it's steady shambling. Each arm ends in a spider like hand, extremely long and thin fingers stretching out to be tipped with rough, threatening claws. It wears a tattered, rag that conceals a little of it's strange, gaunt body. It's faces is far more inhuman than the rest of its body. It's jaw is distended and far too wide for a humans, often gaping wide in a threatening gesture. The inside of it's maw is filled with row upon row of straight, razor sharp knife like teeth. They appear to be far too big for even this stretched mouth, the sea of knives almost seeming to spill from it's mouth. It's nose is crooked and bent out of shape, while the remainder of it's face is gaunt and hollow, framed by a tattered mess of long unkempt dark hair. Where it's eyes would be there is nothing but an impossible void. No faint light, not even an empty eye socket but simply the darkest, most hollow lack of anything that a human can ever see. Blacker than the darkest night they almost seem to suck the light from the room, drawing your eyes in with it to fall lost in the abyss. No human has ever met the Shambler's gaze and survived.

Personality: The Shambler is a dark, unnatural being. It has little to no concept of any human emotions, not only not feeling them but also not feeling them. It is only capable of processing its twisted version of joy, and only capable of feeling this by sadistically inflicting fear and suffering on those who don't deserve it. It takes a perverse, dark pleasure in spreading misfortune and evil, and in particular watching the psychological harm its games always inflict. It will adore every second from first sight to finally utterly breaking a target, the entire hunt feeling like a game to the Shambler. No matter how hard the task proves the Shambler knows no frustration or anger, nor even hatred, while it's actions are evil they are not born out of a conscious decision to do wrong. More a desire to feel its own happiness, it cannot even comprehend the concept of morality and so appealing to its compassion or kindness is truly impossible. It has no more ability to feel pity for its victims than a machine, operating on a ruthless and cold efficiency.

While playing out it's favourite role of Happyfun the clown it has perfected what seems to be an effective personality. The clown is highly manic while performing, often using his dark trickery to perform truly impossible feats and dazzling both children and adults. It is capable of talking at length to strangers while playing this role, discussing the entirely fictional life of the clown and frequently changing the story to suite the needs of some tricksters plot. While impersonating anyone else it can remain effective for hours at a time but eventually it's manic nature will show through. It is acting it's own interpretation of humans and will struggle heavily to feign genuine emotion in empathetic situations.

History: The Shambler was born a very long time ago when man began feeling fear. In these dark times it was a bored, simple creature as it could only utilise the basic fears of a barely sentient life form. It would terrify ancient empires and races, frequently creeping its way into folklore as a demon of sorts, the boogeyman that brings terror and nightmares to badly behaved children. It has evolved with humanity, staying in the shadows but always spreading fear to each now society and culture. It has brought nightmares to men and women of every nation that has ever strode the globe, up until now in modern day America. Travelling the nation as the strange clown Happyfun, a name it took on partially aware of it's unnatural sounding nature. It will unnerve yet amaze audiences with it's performances, getting close to a target before bringing a whole world of terror down upon it's victim. 

Once it heard about the coming events at Nightwood it felt drawn to the upcoming mass of raw terror, just as a shark to a drop of blood. It's plots and schemes are hurtling through its head as it approaches, finally setting up it's tent at the outskirts of town and readying itself to play it's game in a realm filled with other dark monsters. The potential for manipulation and evil is higher than its ever been and the Shambler could feel the fear in the air. It cackled and laughed to itself in the tent, feeling a content and joy at knowledge of the things to come.

Quirks:

• Can move faster in darker conditions, appears to almost teleport in pitch black.
  • Master of plotting, stalking and tricking humans from the shadows.
  • Can shapeshift into nearly any human although it retains its light aversion.
  • Capable of minor illusions and similar trickery. More powerful while in low light, around a great deal of fear or inside its tent.

Flaws:

• Slowed down by daylight to a slow, shambling pace.
  • No physically stronger than a human.
  • Often becomes so focused on it's 'Long game' plot it fails to notice immediate issues or threats.
  • Difficulty feigning human emotions can give its disguise away. (Particularly empathy or sadness, also poor at anger.)

Link your O&O: Nonsexual character, and no up to date O/O's

Specify Ons: Psychological terror/trauma causing. Stalking, twisting and long term creepiness.

Specify Hard Offs: Not looking for sexual situations on this character. Not looking for anything involving genital mutilation.

Sexuality: Nonsexual creature, just wants to scare you.

Content Level: Hell

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):Y, Unsure of how

Face Claim?: The boogeyman, IT

Connections?: Looking for a fair few things with this one. Primarily victims for psychological stalking, trauma inflicting and general evil. Also other monsters to collaborate with, not necessarily trick but some he will communicate with and persuade to go his way for some kind of long term goal. Just in general any knowing who would dare risk their sanity by dealing with this creature as he likes henchmen/muscle to do the dirty work for him.

Relikai

Name: Konayama Miyuki

Physical Description:

Height - 5"1' (153cm)
Weight - 105lbs (48kg)

The main attraction of Miyuki would be her curvy figure not common among her Japanese ethnicity. Her hair is well kept and dyed dark brown with some gold streaks, her right eye is slightly larger than her left. She bears no distinguishable marks or scars.

Personality: Miyuki could be described as a determined individual, making use of all her resources to achieve her goals and objectives. This determination could go different ways though, with Miyuki working extra hard, putting in more than enough effort to achieve them, or using her charms and wit to manipulate others in helping her along the way. Miyuki was not above using her body to her advantage, often combining her cute manners and effortless sexiness to get people to agree to her wishes.

History: Konayama Miyuki was a model student in school, a single child in a single parent family. Her efforts to make her mother proud of her drove her forward, Miyuki always being determined in her studies and often taking extra lessons after school in order to achieve good grades. An aspiring model student, Miyuki's name appeared in the top ten rankings in Japan, the stoic girl always taking things with a nod be it praise or scoldings. Things seemed bright for Miyuki before her life came crashing down with the death of her mother from an illness she hid from Miyuki, a secret she was not willing reveal and be a burden to her precious child.

Distraught, Miyuki sought solace in the company of others, specifically a boy who seemed to reciprocate the feelings she had for him. Things took a turn after a night of passion, when Miyuki realised that she was caught up in a game where several boys chasing her were part of, with the objective being to bed the 'ice queen' of the university. Realizing that she had been used, Miyuki contemplated suicide, her purpose in life seemingly lost before a talent scout approached her, interested in using Miyuki as a model for his photography project.

Accepting the role after quitting school, Miyuki began to model as a freelancer, building up her portfolio with multiple photographers while receiving a good income from her work. Occasionally, she would accept offers to sleep with them, but ultimately Miyuki got the upper hand by using them for contacts, as well as using her body to attract potential modelling deals for herself, securing a bright future ahead.

With her life ahead of her, Konayama Miyuki migrated to the United States, and met up with a photographer in Nightwood Falls. A week long project was planned, and while Miyuki was expecting exciting events to happen after noting how the man gazed upon her body, she sure wasn't prepared for the real nightmare to come.

Quirks:

• Athletic
- Months in the gym does not only tone her abs and butt, but Miyuki's hard work at running allows her to burn fat and have a fir and energetic body.
  • Intelligent
- Simple hard work does not get one into Tokyo University, but a natural born intelligence from her mother gave Miyuki that advantage over her peers.
  • Determined
- The same energy which pushed Miyuki to study hard for her career to support her mother continued to burn in her. It would simply be a matter of focus.
[/list]

Flaws:

• Lightweight
- Miyuki has muscle, but models were not renowned for their physical strength. She could push a man off balance, but anything stronger could stop this woman in her tracks.
  • Arrogant
- Spending years being the best has taken its toll on Miyuki's psyche, as well as the belief that her body and charms were all she needs to get past any difficult scenario.
  • Stubborn
- Similar to the above, unless the facts were clearly laid out and Miyuki could find no rebuttal, the model was most likely to live with a grudge.
[/list]

Link your O&O: Here be it.

Specify Ons: Anything goes for this babe.

Specify Hard Offs: No gore, vore, toilet stuff and excessive blood loss/mutilation. Basically anything between Nightmare and Hell would be a Hard Off.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Content Level: Nightmare, but prefers a middle ground between Normal and Nightmare.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): No physical ones, but perhaps she might be emotionally ;)

Face Claim?: Watanabe Miyuki

Surprise GM Events?: Yes, sure.

Connections?: None as of now.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 07, 2016, 11:49:23 AM
    I couldn't help but to laugh at that one...

I might be up for working something out with Roxie, Rel, if you're interested.  I'm sort of recycling another character from another group that I didn't get a chance to do much writing with.  Seem to have similar interests...

Main Character Sheet
    Name:  Catherine Grant

Character Type: Main

Occupation:  A photographer for a major newspaper, from out of town.

Physical Description:  Catherine stands at about five feet, nine inches, with a slender and athletic form.  She possesses long, dark hair that matches her brown eyes.  A surgical scar is on her upper right forearm as result of a bullet wound.

Personality: A Battle-Hardened Civilian would be the best way to describe Catherine.  Friendly and sociable to a point among others, there is an underlying discomfort when it comes to having to deal and be around people who have lived a seemingly normal life.  She is a tough woman, used to dealing with the realities of combat without ever really having fired a gun in her life.  From the front lines of a combat zone, to the medical tents, from among the guerrilla combat soldiers in revolution-torn streets, to the dark and dank basements filled with the screaming wounded in a make-shift hospital.  Her experiences, however toughening mentally and physically they may have been, were not without their defects.  PTSD is something she struggles with on occasion.  Normally it is something she has grown accustomed to, something she has been able to get a handle on in life, but there are times, more than a few times, when it is too much to hold in and push off into the back of her mind.   

History: Catherine is a photojournalist for a major newspaper.  Her love of photography started at a young age, going through disposable cameras like candy in capturing images of life around her.  It helped to sustain her through high school, providing the job she loved during the long summers by photographing weddings, houses for sale, business, and the like.

As she moved out of her family's house in Philadelphia suburbs for the city, it was there that her career skyrocketed.  Her work caught the eye of editors of a major newspaper, and it was from there that she was hired and brought on to help capture images of the world.

In her work, she had been taken all over the world.  Combat situations in the Middle East.  Terrorist bombings.  Democratic revolutions.  Presidential visits.  In more than a few occasions did she get close to being nominated for her work, close to becoming an award winning photographer. 

Behind the scenes though, Catherine struggled with the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from her times in such stressful, dangerous situations.  It was after her last recent trip overseas that she's taken a leave of absence, to help gather herself and her thoughts, while channeling her energies and therapy in the form of more peaceful photography.  It's her goal of creating a photo book of images from around the United States that depict Americana that brings her to Nightwood.

A random stop on the map on her travels, the much-talked about science fair by the locals brings her there with her camera.

Quirks:

• No Stranger to Stressful Environments:  Experience from her career.  She's been in combat situations, embedded with troops, in cities that were in full riot mode, etc.
    • Physically Fit and Some Combat Training:  Another perk of the job.  It requires her to be fit, able to run for her life if needed, and has forced her to undergo some combat training to be in war zones and the like.

Flaws:

• PTSD:  Effects of her career have taken a mental toll.  It's made her awkward sometimes around people, and can be debilitating in some rare instances.
    • Pills:  A secret addiction that's been growing over the years.  For some time, pharmaceuticals have been the only escape she's had when things become too tough for her.

Link your O&O: Link

Specify Ons:  Nothing off the top of my head.

Specify Hard Offs:  Fine with gore and blood and guts.  Would like to not be involved in poo stuff if that happens, but agreeable to most things.

Sexuality:  Predominantly heterosexual.

Content Level:  Hell yeah

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):  Yes, but after discussion, and if it is a fitting death.  Hell is fine with me, but again, it would have to be after discussion.

Face Claim?:  Stoya

Connections?:  N/A at the moment.  Open to most anything, from friends, even family if you want to work on something like that, possible romance, enemies, monster's obsession, etc.  PM me if you would like to work something out.  I don't bite!

Everything is perfect with this character! And I'd also love to do some plotting with her and Roxie. I'll have her sheet done shortly if you want to put something together with these two!

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on September 07, 2016, 12:18:44 PM
    I am very interested. If I do hop onboard I'm thinking a Main Character with an allowance for nightmare level mayhem as well as a Victim or Knowing, with an anything goes, bring it on, hell allowance. The second character I'm absolutely expecting to kick the bucket. I had an idea for my Main Character to have been lured there by a false friend, which was why I was thinking of taking on a Knowing character, but it would be more fun if someone else's character deceived mine rather than my own, so if someone was interested in that connection let me know. Just throwing out some ideas to get inspired, would love some feedback!
    Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on September 07, 2016, 01:46:50 PM
    Sidenote: *Put this together before class (I was excited), so completely willing to edit it if need be*

Name: Gwendolyn (Gwen) Price

Occupation: From out of town. Full time student, part time drug dealer and waitress.

Physical Description: Gwen is 5'7" and slim. Olive skin, blue eyes, freckles, and soft black hair.

Personality: Gwen is a go-getter who prefers to do things on her own. She has a sarcastic sense of humor, and tends to say exactly what is on her mind. Very confident in her abilities, but not arrogant. Resilience is her middle name, and she is never one to back down from a fight. She is quick-thinking, resourceful, as well as street and book smart. Gwen tends to expect the worst from people, and they rarely disappoint.

History: Gwen's mother abandoned the family at a young age, and her father was a hardcore abusive alcoholic. The youngest of three siblings, she was everyone's punching bag. She ran away at twelve, and joined a group of street kids who became the family she never had. Unfortunately, at 16, when she began to be less of an awkward preteen and more of a developing young lady, she caught the eye of the leader of the group. This sparked a rivalry between Gwen and his girlfriend, and led to Gwen being banished.

From there, Gwen moved around a lot, working odd jobs that no one else wanted. Always being intelligent, she managed to get her GED and enroll in community college. It was there she met a guy, and the two began dating. He was the local weed dealer on campus, and used Gwen and her job at a fancy local restaurant to expand his clientele. She paid careful attention to his business, and quickly picked up on the trade. When she caught him sleeping with one of her coworkers, she dumped him and took off with his product, gun, and cash. Someone convinced her to enroll at Nightwood University, where she was able to transfer on full scholarship due to her 4.0 GPA and the fact that she has no money and no family.

Quirks:

• Survival Skills: Though she has technically been on her own since twelve, Gwen basically raised herself. Anything she needs, money/food/shelter, she has a way of getting. Living in the streets also teaches you to defend yourself, even if you look like you could be easily snapped in half. Being underestimated works out in Gwen's favor. Resourceful and willing to do anything to survive, she holds her own in a fight.
    • Stolen Gun: Being a drug dealer, even on a college campus, is dangerous business. Gwen still has the handgun that she took from her ex-boyfriend.
    • Intelligence: Gwen is book and street smart, and has the ability to come up with ideas quickly, and a lot of times they work out for her.

Flaws:

• Small Build: Even though she's scrappy, Gwen doesn't weigh more than 120 lbs soaking wet, which is a clear disadvantage when it comes to defending herself.
    • Desire to Trust/Lacks Allies: She acts tough and jaded, but deep down Gwen yearns for companionship. This can blind her to people's true intentions, and makes her an easy target for deception. Gwen is also alone in the world. If she disappeared, no one would come looking for her.
    • Likes to Face Things Head on: Gwen doesn't know when it's time to stop fighting and RUN. At the first inkling of danger, she's the one who is going to go check it out instead of heading out the front door.

Link your O&O: For this particular RP, anything goes with this character except severe permanent mutilation (like losing limbs).

Specify Ons: This is a horror RP so besides what I have mentioned, anything goes.

Specify Hard Offs: I'm good with anything except for the permanent mutilation like I said above - so losing arms, legs, eyeballs, fingers (actually I could part with one finger  ;) ), etc. Things that turn into scars is completely fine.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): No, Gwen is going to come out the other end, far more damaged than she already was.

Face Claim?: Anna Speckhart

Connections?: Open to suggestions. Would love for another character to be the one to suggest she attend Nightwood University, a Knowing character who obviously had less than honorable intentions with the suggestion.

Awesome! Glad to have you!

Perfect as well! Let me know if you need any help with getting the roles filled with what you're looking for storywise. This is also approved once I post the character thread!

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on September 07, 2016, 01:56:14 PM
    Here's my idea for a normal human. Probably victim - though wouldn't it be neat to keep the "main character", "knowing", or "victim" identity a secret? Any human could die at any time! Anyway...

Name: Da'Shon Bobo (Face Claim: Bob Marley)

Character Type: Victim

Brief History: Da'Shon became the most Rasta'd motherfucker after one trip to Haiti in college. He began smoking weed and went from straight A student to dropout, and he's been there ever since. He's done a little time for peddling weed down in his home state of Alabama, but he'd get out quickly and keep the trade up. That plus mooching and couch surfing was enough to keep him going. It wasn't until things got really hot with the law that he "spontaneously" decided that it would be a real blast to hike across the country.

Who can play?: Anyone

Sexuality: Swears to be pansexual, but prefers hetero.

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os: OOC O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=53390

Sexual ONs: IC On's: Typical horror movie horny guy stuff: hedonistic but fairly vanilla, might pressure an innocent woman into sex, tries to peddle his dope for favors.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Any

Specify Hard OFFs: The only limit is that any of the fucked-up horror stuff won't turn me on, IC or OOC. Sex and horror have firmly drawn lines between them in my mind. Fuck me or fuck me up, but not both.

Connections?: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

You're more than welcome to treat his character like a victim but expand them into a Main Character if you fill the need! :) Looks great though.

Quote from: Fetwick on September 07, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
    While we're on Roxie as subject, I might bring back (victim who never died) Brad Gibbons the Head Editor of the Newspaper from year one!

Oh yes! I loved this character! You could even make him a professor, if you wanted. :)

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 07, 2016, 06:38:00 PM
    So, I might have pretty much dropped the Lovecraftian bit of this and gone down a different road. Still the same end result of a manipulative psychological trauma inflicting shapeshifter. Pretty much embraced all the tropes ever but still, at least if someone hates clowns I'll be their nightmare. Also sorry for what feels like a wall of text.

Name: The Shambler

Occupation: Taunting and terrorising it's victims. The Shambler will pick out targets seemingly at random, although often for a strange reason known only to itself. Once it has chosen it will relentlessly stalk the chosen victim, initially beginning by sowing the seeds of fear into their life. It will simply hint at supernatural events, open their eyes to strange possibilities and begin bringing evidence of dark portents and omens. As it continues the hunt it will bring harm to those around the target, not often itself but by careful manipulation of events and trickery it will spread injuries and death around them. As their sanity begins to waver it will increase the frequency, bringing dark images and signs of horror into their live anywhere it can. It is at this point it will likely enter their life by shapeshifting, using this ability to fool the target into trusting it.

Eventually it will always find a way to earn their trust, and begin feigning a period of peace. It is in this time the Shambler will learn exactly what hurt this victim the most. It will admire it's own work in great detail up close, enjoying the beauty of the fear it has inflicted. And then it is finally the last stage. The terror will return in a shocking, heavy fashion. Darkness will rain around the person and bring terror around every corner, backing them into realising the reality of the inescapable force assailing them. When they are utterly broken in mind, reduced to an irreparable shadow of their former self it will finally unveil itself to them. Stepping from the shadows with a gleeful, sickening smile before taunting them. But it will not kill them, no. Living with their own shattered mind finally finished by this reveal is far worse a fate than any death.

Currently the Shambler travels the world to sites of dark power and feasts upon the vasts wells of fear that spread there. This year it has finally decided to visit Nightwood and bring it's own masterfully planned scheming terror to any victims it can find. It conceals itself as Happyfun, a disjointed name but what can you expect from a fear obsessed monster attempting to act as a figure of joy, the clown. Travelling in a mobile circus with only a single tattered and worn out tent it will set up right by the edge of town, making sure to keep it dimly lit and uninviting. Within the tent lies the Shambler's lair, a sickening dimension of waking nightmares in which the Shambler rules and controls all.

Physical Description: The Shambler has many guises it adopts to trick victims and witnesses. It's most common disguise is that of Happyfun, a strange and highly eccentric clown who's manic performances have been known to both delight and unnerve witnesses at the same time. It is more than capable of concealing itself as any human it has ever met, mimicking their voice perfectly but always having a little strange manic energy. It tends to play a caricature of the person it impersonates, playing up their personality traits in excess. Rarely enough to give itself away, but enough to get itself treated oddly as people think the person is in a funny mood. It's aversion to light and love of dark is still fully present. In daylight the Shambler will be reduced to a very slow, shuffling pace at most. At night it can move inhumanely fast almost to the point of instant teleportation in complete shadow. It is only slightly affected by unnatural light, generally able to operate like a functioning adult human in average interior lightning.

Beneath the veneer of it's human masks the Shambler resembles a boogeyman like figure. He is tall, incredibly gaunt and humanoid in shape. His skin is a pale blue, something similar to human skin in extreme cold. There is not one ounce of warmth in it's skin. It has long, thin arms which it holds close to its body in it's steady shambling. Each arm ends in a spider like hand, extremely long and thin fingers stretching out to be tipped with rough, threatening claws. It wears a tattered, rag that conceals a little of it's strange, gaunt body. It's faces is far more inhuman than the rest of its body. It's jaw is distended and far too wide for a humans, often gaping wide in a threatening gesture. The inside of it's maw is filled with row upon row of straight, razor sharp knife like teeth. They appear to be far too big for even this stretched mouth, the sea of knives almost seeming to spill from it's mouth. It's nose is crooked and bent out of shape, while the remainder of it's face is gaunt and hollow, framed by a tattered mess of long unkempt dark hair. Where it's eyes would be there is nothing but an impossible void. No faint light, not even an empty eye socket but simply the darkest, most hollow lack of anything that a human can ever see. Blacker than the darkest night they almost seem to suck the light from the room, drawing your eyes in with it to fall lost in the abyss. No human has ever met the Shambler's gaze and survived.

Personality: The Shambler is a dark, unnatural being. It has little to no concept of any human emotions, not only not feeling them but also not feeling them. It is only capable of processing its twisted version of joy, and only capable of feeling this by sadistically inflicting fear and suffering on those who don't deserve it. It takes a perverse, dark pleasure in spreading misfortune and evil, and in particular watching the psychological harm its games always inflict. It will adore every second from first sight to finally utterly breaking a target, the entire hunt feeling like a game to the Shambler. No matter how hard the task proves the Shambler knows no frustration or anger, nor even hatred, while it's actions are evil they are not born out of a conscious decision to do wrong. More a desire to feel its own happiness, it cannot even comprehend the concept of morality and so appealing to its compassion or kindness is truly impossible. It has no more ability to feel pity for its victims than a machine, operating on a ruthless and cold efficiency.

While playing out it's favourite role of Happyfun the clown it has perfected what seems to be an effective personality. The clown is highly manic while performing, often using his dark trickery to perform truly impossible feats and dazzling both children and adults. It is capable of talking at length to strangers while playing this role, discussing the entirely fictional life of the clown and frequently changing the story to suite the needs of some tricksters plot. While impersonating anyone else it can remain effective for hours at a time but eventually it's manic nature will show through. It is acting it's own interpretation of humans and will struggle heavily to feign genuine emotion in empathetic situations.

History: The Shambler was born a very long time ago when man began feeling fear. In these dark times it was a bored, simple creature as it could only utilise the basic fears of a barely sentient life form. It would terrify ancient empires and races, frequently creeping its way into folklore as a demon of sorts, the boogeyman that brings terror and nightmares to badly behaved children. It has evolved with humanity, staying in the shadows but always spreading fear to each now society and culture. It has brought nightmares to men and women of every nation that has ever strode the globe, up until now in modern day America. Travelling the nation as the strange clown Happyfun, a name it took on partially aware of it's unnatural sounding nature. It will unnerve yet amaze audiences with it's performances, getting close to a target before bringing a whole world of terror down upon it's victim. 

Once it heard about the coming events at Nightwood it felt drawn to the upcoming mass of raw terror, just as a shark to a drop of blood. It's plots and schemes are hurtling through its head as it approaches, finally setting up it's tent at the outskirts of town and readying itself to play it's game in a realm filled with other dark monsters. The potential for manipulation and evil is higher than its ever been and the Shambler could feel the fear in the air. It cackled and laughed to itself in the tent, feeling a content and joy at knowledge of the things to come.

Quirks:

• Can move faster in darker conditions, appears to almost teleport in pitch black.
    • Master of plotting, stalking and tricking humans from the shadows.
    • Can shapeshift into nearly any human although it retains its light aversion.
    • Capable of minor illusions and similar trickery. More powerful while in low light, around a great deal of fear or inside its tent.

Flaws:

• Slowed down by daylight to a slow, shambling pace.
    • No physically stronger than a human.
    • Often becomes so focused on it's 'Long game' plot it fails to notice immediate issues or threats.
    • Difficulty feigning human emotions can give its disguise away. (Particularly empathy or sadness, also poor at anger.)

Link your O&O: Nonsexual character, and no up to date O/O's

Specify Ons: Psychological terror/trauma causing. Stalking, twisting and long term creepiness.

Specify Hard Offs: Not looking for sexual situations on this character. Not looking for anything involving genital mutilation.

Sexuality: Nonsexual creature, just wants to scare you.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):Y, Unsure of how

Face Claim?: The boogeyman, IT

Connections?: Looking for a fair few things with this one. Primarily victims for psychological stalking, trauma inflicting and general evil. Also other monsters to collaborate with, not necessarily trick but some he will communicate with and persuade to go his way for some kind of long term goal. Just in general any knowing who would dare risk their sanity by dealing with this creature as he likes henchmen/muscle to do the dirty work for him.

This also looks quite good! It's very much approved whenever I get the chance to post the thread.

Quote from: Relikai on September 07, 2016, 10:11:56 PM

Name: Konayama Miyuki

Physical Description:

Height - 5"1' (153cm)
    Weight - 105lbs (48kg)

The main attraction of Miyuki would be her curvy figure not common among her Japanese ethnicity. Her hair is well kept and dyed dark brown with some gold streaks, her right eye is slightly larger than her left. She bears no distinguishable marks or scars.

Personality: Miyuki could be described as a determined individual, making use of all her resources to achieve her goals and objectives. This determination could go different ways though, with Miyuki working extra hard, putting in more than enough effort to achieve them, or using her charms and wit to manipulate others in helping her along the way. Miyuki was not above using her body to her advantage, often combining her cute manners and effortless sexiness to get people to agree to her wishes.

History: Konayama Miyuki was a model student in school, a single child in a single parent family. Her efforts to make her mother proud of her drove her forward, Miyuki always being determined in her studies and often taking extra lessons after school in order to achieve good grades. An aspiring model student, Miyuki's name appeared in the top ten rankings in Japan, the stoic girl always taking things with a nod be it praise or scoldings. Things seemed bright for Miyuki before her life came crashing down with the death of her mother from an illness she hid from Miyuki, a secret she was not willing reveal and be a burden to her precious child.

Distraught, Miyuki sought solace in the company of others, specifically a boy who seemed to reciprocate the feelings she had for him. Things took a turn after a night of passion, when Miyuki realised that she was caught up in a game where several boys chasing her were part of, with the objective being to bed the 'ice queen' of the university. Realizing that she had been used, Miyuki contemplated suicide, her purpose in life seemingly lost before a talent scout approached her, interested in using Miyuki as a model for his photography project.

Accepting the role after quitting school, Miyuki began to model as a freelancer, building up her portfolio with multiple photographers while receiving a good income from her work. Occasionally, she would accept offers to sleep with them, but ultimately Miyuki got the upper hand by using them for contacts, as well as using her body to attract potential modelling deals for herself, securing a bright future ahead.

With her life ahead of her, Konayama Miyuki migrated to the United States, and met up with a photographer in Nightwood Falls. A week long project was planned, and while Miyuki was expecting exciting events to happen after noting how the man gazed upon her body, she sure wasn't prepared for the real nightmare to come.

Quirks:

• Athletic
    - Months in the gym does not only tone her abs and butt, but Miyuki's hard work at running allows her to burn fat and have a fir and energetic body.
    • Intelligent
    - Simple hard work does not get one into Tokyo University, but a natural born intelligence from her mother gave Miyuki that advantage over her peers.
    • Determined
    - The same energy which pushed Miyuki to study hard for her career to support her mother continued to burn in her. It would simply be a matter of focus.
    [/list]

Flaws:

• Lightweight
    - Miyuki has muscle, but models were not renowned for their physical strength. She could push a man off balance, but anything stronger could stop this woman in her tracks.
    • Arrogant
    - Spending years being the best has taken its toll on Miyuki's psyche, as well as the belief that her body and charms were all she needs to get past any difficult scenario.
    • Stubborn
    - Similar to the above, unless the facts were clearly laid out and Miyuki could find no rebuttal, the model was most likely to live with a grudge.
    [/list]

Link your O&O: Here be it.

Specify Ons: Anything goes for this babe.

Specify Hard Offs: No gore, vore, toilet stuff and excessive blood loss/mutilation. Basically anything between Nightmare and Hell would be a Hard Off.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Content Level: Nightmare, but prefers a middle ground between Normal and Nightmare.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): No physical ones, but perhaps she might be emotionally ;)

Face Claim?: Watanabe Miyuki

Surprise GM Events?: Yes, sure.

Connections?: None as of now.

This is great as well! Let me know if you need any help brainstorming possible classifieds or plots for your character. :)

Everything else:

I'm going to have the thread up tonight for your characters, so expect that post from me shortly! I'm just trying to finish up Roxie and Isabella Maven while I do (I changed her name back, because why not?)

Thanks everyone! Let me know if I've missed anything.

King Serperior

I'm so tempted to bring back one of my two previous monsters or make a completely new one.  >.>

That said, I'm hesitant because my muse is barely functioning right now...

O/O's
    A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
    SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
    Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 07, 2016, 11:27:36 PM
    I'm so tempted to bring back one of my two previous monsters or make a completely new one.  >.>

That said, I'm hesitant because my muse is barely functioning right now...

This game is as fast as you'd like it to go! No worries on taking your time. :) Would love to have you either way, but you know I enjoyed your monsters in the past!

Rel Mayer

Character Sheet Thread

I wasn't able to get to Isabella Maven tonight, but she'll be done shortly. I included my Victim and Main Character for now! (Gary and Roxie). Both are open for connections if you'd like to plot with me!

OOC incoming shortly...

OOC Thread!

King Serperior

Possible Monster Idea

Stilt Stalker:  Called the 'Stilt Stalker' because of it's extremely long, thin legs, it towers over all but the tallest buildings at 120 feet tall!  It's long neck allows it to turn its head in any direction and even reach down below its body....not that it needs to as its tentacles can extend nearly 150 feet!  They are lightning fast and can ensnare prey, pull them back up to its body, and devouring it with the vicious beak hidden under the folds of flesh and tentacles!  Luckily, they move rather slowly and are ambush predators.  Sadly, prey mistake their long legs as support beams or trees or light posts only to discover as they are snatched up just how wrong they are....

O/O's
    A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
    SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
    Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 07, 2016, 11:04:55 PM
    Everything is perfect with this character! And I'd also love to do some plotting with her and Roxie. I'll have her sheet done shortly if you want to put something together with these two!

Sounds awesome to me.

I'll hit you up, or vice versa, when you're not drowning in PMs, heh.
    If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
    ~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
    ~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
    ~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Doomsday

Wow, this seems interesting. I've never stumbled onto these Nightwood games before... If I were to roll a victim, is it likely that I'd be able to satisfy a body horror and possibly guro itch? Or is this sort of the wrong game for that?

Totoro

My character the Tinkerer has some pretty nasty body horror aspects to it, potentially. I mean it depends on exactly what you were looking for as that character is doing it in a nonsexual fashion.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 08, 2016, 12:00:55 AM
    Possible Monster Idea

Stilt Stalker:  Called the 'Stilt Stalker' because of it's extremely long, thin legs, it towers over all but the tallest buildings at 120 feet tall!  It's long neck allows it to turn its head in any direction and even reach down below its body....not that it needs to as its tentacles can extend nearly 150 feet!  They are lightning fast and can ensnare prey, pull them back up to its body, and devouring it with the vicious beak hidden under the folds of flesh and tentacles!  Luckily, they move rather slowly and are ambush predators.  Sadly, prey mistake their long legs as support beams or trees or light posts only to discover as they are snatched up just how wrong they are....

Umpth. Absolutely terrifying and amazing. I would be up for you playing this monster is you were interested. :)

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 08, 2016, 12:25:36 AM
    Sounds awesome to me.

I'll hit you up, or vice versa, when you're not drowning in PMs, heh.

Sweet! My PM box really isn't too, too bad right now. I can shoot you something over shortly! :)

Quote from: Doomsday on September 08, 2016, 03:27:44 AM
    Wow, this seems interesting. I've never stumbled onto these Nightwood games before... If I were to roll a victim, is it likely that I'd be able to satisfy a body horror and possibly guro itch? Or is this sort of the wrong game for that?

It would! Of course you would need to make sure your kinks and offs align with the people you are writing with, but this is basically my more extreme excuse to be in this game.

King Serperior

Name:  Stilt Stalker

Age: ~30, which is youthful for a being that can live nearly 200 years!

Occupation: No real lair as it slowly wanders in order to find new ambush spots;  Once it finds one, it remains there until the area is threatened or prey has fled.

Physical Description: Called the 'Stilt Stalker' because of it's extremely long, thin legs, it towers over all but the tallest buildings at 120 feet tall!  It's long neck allows it to turn its head in any direction and even reach down below its body.  Hidden by a curtain of tentacles and folds of flesh is a giant, concealed beak that is large and strong enough to bite a human adult in half with a single snap.  It's skin is taut over its lean, skeletal frame.  The Stilt Stalker's legs end with large, hooked claws, but they aren't used for hunting.  They are better served for defense or climbing or pulling objects its prey is hiding in or behind away.  The creature's legs are multi-jointed, so it can lower itself to ground level if it needs to (generally to hide or rest).  It has six tentacles on its head that can extend from their natural 10 feet length to nearly 150 feet!  They are lightning fast!  Should this beast be killed, its body breaks down rapidly, releasing an ungodly strong smell of ammonia into the air for up to two city blocks around it.  A dead Stilt Stalker can pollute the water for years to come.  Like ammonia, its blood is very caustic and toxic.  The Stilt Stalker, despite its size, weighs but 1200 pounds due to a highly efficient body structure.

Personality: Slow and methodical, they are natural masters of stealth and patience.  Stilt Stalkers are ambush predators that find a location and wait until prey comes close.  Should prey escape, another large predator enters its hunting ground, or if prey has been devoured, it will move on.

History: It is truly unknown how the Stilt Stalker came to this dimension from its jungle world, but now that it has, there is ample prey to keep it fed for years.  Likely, it was an accidental summon by a Knowing ritual.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Remarkably Silent Ambush Predator:  It remains in one spot until it has captured enough prey to satisfy it or until a more dangerous predator appears or until prey has disappeared.  So very efficient at its hunting tactic, it is almost completely silent and can stay perfectly still until prey wanders by.
    • Prey Rarely Looks Up:  Prey look everywhere but up, so when they see the still legs of the Stilt Stalker, they assume it is a support beam, a tree, or a lamppost.  That is their last mistake.
    • Tentacles:  Lightning-fast, these tentacles can extend to 150 feet in order to snatch prey.  Should a tentacle be severed, they can be regrown within a few hours.
    • Predatory Cunning:  Not as smart as a human, the Stilt Stalker is cunning enough to set traps and ambushes as well as stalk prey.  They can learn and remember locations where prey congregate and situate themselves just right for a strike.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Slow:  Other than its lightning-fast tentacles, it moves horribly slowly.  Granted, its long strides mitigate that, but even those strides are slow.
    • Large:  Once prey know where to look, it's hard not to spot the Slit Stalker.  Then again, the mist can obscure vision...
    • Smell and Sound:  It's body gives off a very slight ammonia-like smell, so smart prey who have survived may be able to put two-and-two together.  In the five seconds it takes to identify prey and prepare to strike with its tentacles, it gives off a sickening slobbering sound.
    • Noncompetitive:  Rarely preys on other predators, large or small.  However, predators the size of horses or cattle or smaller are fair game if the opportunity is right.

Link your O&O: Located here

Specify Ons: None, the Stilt Stalker is not here for sexual means, only seeking prey.

Specify Hard Offs: None, the Stilt Stalker is but a predatory beast and is not seeking anything but prey.

Sexuality: None, the Stilt Stalker is the only one of its kind on Earth, so the needs to seek a mate are nonexistent.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, Hell.

Face Claim?: Alien beast found on Tumblr

Connections?: Up for grabs;  Perhaps a Knowing willingly summoned this from an alien world?

O/O's
    A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 08, 2016, 11:33:36 AM
    Name:  Stilt Stalker

Age: ~30, which is youthful for a being that can live nearly 200 years!

Occupation: No real lair as it slowly wanders in order to find new ambush spots;  Once it finds one, it remains there until the area is threatened or prey has fled.

Physical Description: Called the 'Stilt Stalker' because of it's extremely long, thin legs, it towers over all but the tallest buildings at 120 feet tall!  It's long neck allows it to turn its head in any direction and even reach down below its body.  Hidden by a curtain of tentacles and folds of flesh is a giant, concealed beak that is large and strong enough to bite a human adult in half with a single snap.  It's skin is taut over its lean, skeletal frame.  The Stilt Stalker's legs end with large, hooked claws, but they aren't used for hunting.  They are better served for defense or climbing or pulling objects its prey is hiding in or behind away.  The creature's legs are multi-jointed, so it can lower itself to ground level if it needs to (generally to hide or rest).  It has six tentacles on its head that can extend from their natural 10 feet length to nearly 150 feet!  They are lightning fast!  Should this beast be killed, its body breaks down rapidly, releasing an ungodly strong smell of ammonia into the air for up to two city blocks around it.  A dead Stilt Stalker can pollute the water for years to come.  Like ammonia, its blood is very caustic and toxic.  The Stilt Stalker, despite its size, weighs but 1200 pounds due to a highly efficient body structure.

Personality: Slow and methodical, they are natural masters of stealth and patience.  Stilt Stalkers are ambush predators that find a location and wait until prey comes close.  Should prey escape, another large predator enters its hunting ground, or if prey has been devoured, it will move on.

History: It is truly unknown how the Stilt Stalker came to this dimension from its jungle world, but now that it has, there is ample prey to keep it fed for years.  Likely, it was an accidental summon by a Knowing ritual.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Remarkably Silent Ambush Predator:  It remains in one spot until it has captured enough prey to satisfy it or until a more dangerous predator appears or until prey has disappeared.  So very efficient at its hunting tactic, it is almost completely silent and can stay perfectly still until prey wanders by.
    • Prey Rarely Looks Up:  Prey look everywhere but up, so when they see the still legs of the Stilt Stalker, they assume it is a support beam, a tree, or a lamppost.  That is their last mistake.
    • Tentacles:  Lightning-fast, these tentacles can extend to 150 feet in order to snatch prey.  Should a tentacle be severed, they can be regrown within a few hours.
    • Predatory Cunning:  Not as smart as a human, the Stilt Stalker is cunning enough to set traps and ambushes as well as stalk prey.  They can learn and remember locations where prey congregate and situate themselves just right for a strike.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Slow:  Other than its lightning-fast tentacles, it moves horribly slowly.  Granted, its long strides mitigate that, but even those strides are slow.
    • Large:  Once prey know where to look, it's hard not to spot the Slit Stalker.  Then again, the mist can obscure vision...
    • Smell and Sound:  It's body gives off a very slight ammonia-like smell, so smart prey who have survived may be able to put two-and-two together.  In the five seconds it takes to identify prey and prepare to strike with its tentacles, it gives off a sickening slobbering sound.
    • Noncompetitive:  Rarely preys on other predators, large or small.  However, predators the size of horses or cattle or smaller are fair game if the opportunity is right.

Link your O&O: Located here

Specify Ons: None, the Stilt Stalker is not here for sexual means, only seeking prey.

Specify Hard Offs: None, the Stilt Stalker is but a predatory beast and is not seeking anything but prey.

Sexuality: None, the Stilt Stalker is the only one of its kind on Earth, so the needs to seek a mate are nonexistent.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, Hell.

Face Claim?: Alien beast found on Tumblr

Connections?: Up for grabs;  Perhaps a Knowing willingly summoned this from an alien world?

I love how graceful this monster looks. Honestly it's so beautiful that I don't even find it terrifying! But... I'm sure you'll make it so terrifying!

Approved!

King Serperior

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 08, 2016, 02:38:46 PM
    I love how graceful this monster looks. Honestly it's so beautiful that I don't even find it terrifying! But... I'm sure you'll make it so terrifying!

Approved!
    Heheh, well, the Stilt Stalker was in the runnings as my monster against the
    Pack of seven Alien Raptors
    that were going to stalk the area.  I eventually decided one terror would be easier to work with than seven predators hunting in pack formation.  Though, if it is killed, you can be sure that these beasts will come.   >:)

O/O's
    A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: King Serperior on September 08, 2016, 02:43:49 PM
    that were going to stalk the area.  I eventually decided one terror would be easier to work with than seven predators hunting in pack formation.  Though, if it is killed, you can be sure that these beasts will come.   >:)

I'm actually about to face those alien raptors in another RP I'm in! I LOVE them, their look is really cool, especially the eyes on the jaw. It's like a Jurassic Park/Star Wars hybrid.

TheDarkGoddess

Name: Roslin Dupont

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: She is a student just for something to do, and a way to keep an eye on things/infiltrate/lure victims.

Physical Description: Picture is accurate.

Personality: Roslin is calculating and cunning, yet appears far from it. She has the mannerisms of a Southern Belle, due to her strict, precise upbringing. She was raised with a purpose, and molded by the Nannies and Private Teachers her parents hired. She radiates with compassion and kindness, and is extremely polite, yet underneath is a conniving sociopath who wants nothing more than to impress the demon of darkness and her Daddy... and cause harm and suffering.

History: Roslin is one of the children of Nightwood Falls' mayor. She was raised with money and power, and anything she wanted was hers. Roslin was groomed by those hired by her parents (nannies, teachers, etc.) to be the essence of perfection. Like all her siblings, she is a tool more than a child. She was taught to be charming and unassuming, and has a knack for gaining the trust of others, especially the opposite sex. Class President, Prom Queen, Honors Student, Track Star; on the outside Roslin is perfect. From childhood, she enjoyed causing suffering secretly, her targets being mostly animals, but once in a while a weak, unpopular child from the wrong side of the tracks that wouldn't dare speak out against her, or went missing all together.

Roslin also had a twin, Rebekah. The two were best friends, but had a fierce rivalry growing up; always trying to one up the other, yearning for the approval of their parents, especially their father, and wanting to be seen as special among their siblings. Roslin solidified her place as the favorite child, and proved her commitment to the demon and the cult, by sacrificing her twin sister. Her parents approved of this because they felt like it was the ultimate sacrifice and would earn them even greater favor with the demon of darkness in the lake; plus the girls were twins, and not the only children, so they really only needed one. Anyone who didn't know the truth was told that Rebekah died in a freak skiing accident. Roslin used the role of grieving twin to her advantage.

Quirks:

• Knowledge of Monsters: Roslin comes from generations of highly favored cult members, therefore she has the advantage of knowing what is about to take place.
    • Rich and Powerful: Roslin is a member of one of the wealthiest families in town. She has the money to buy whatever she needs, and has many connections that work in her favor.
    • Track Star: Roslin is athletic, and has the endurance/stamina to run long distance at above average speeds (for a human).

Flaws:

• Thinks She isn't a Target: Roslin is arrogant, and assumes because of her family and her sacrifice that no harm can come to her. She is under the impression that the demon of darkness in the lake favors her.
    • Enemies: Being wealthy, beautiful and good at everything puts a huge target on Roslin's back. Whether people are jealous of her, or covet her for whatever reason, she definitely stands out.
    • Human: Roslin isn't a monster. She has no super strength, no sharp teeth, or heightened sense of smell. She is simply flesh and bones and can easily be snuffed out.

Link your O&O: Anything goes with this character.

Specify Ons: Physical harm, psychological harm, open to whatever.

Specify Hard Offs: No boundries

Sexuality: Pansexual

Content Level: Hell! Bring it on.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): YES! Hell - Anything goes.

Face Claim?: Aja Warren

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 08, 2016, 02:43:49 PM

I can already hear the evil cackling and beastly roars!

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on September 08, 2016, 06:41:49 PM
    ***Decided to give a Knowing a shot. If it doesn't work out I will simply edit her back story and make her a victim***

Name: Roslin Dupont

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: She is a student just for something to do, and a way to keep an eye on things/infiltrate/lure victims.

Physical Description: Picture is accurate.

Personality: Roslin is calculating and cunning, yet appears far from it. She has the mannerisms of a Southern Belle, due to her strict, precise upbringing. She was raised with a purpose, and molded by the Nannies and Private Teachers her parents hired. She radiates with compassion and kindness, and is extremely polite, yet underneath is a conniving sociopath who wants nothing more than to impress the demon of darkness and her Daddy... and cause harm and suffering.

History: Roslin is one of the children of Nightwood Falls' mayor. She was raised with money and power, and anything she wanted was hers. Roslin was groomed by those hired by her parents (nannies, teachers, etc.) to be the essence of perfection. Like all her siblings, she is a tool more than a child. She was taught to be charming and unassuming, and has a knack for gaining the trust of others, especially the opposite sex. Class President, Prom Queen, Honors Student, Track Star; on the outside Roslin is perfect. From childhood, she enjoyed causing suffering secretly, her targets being mostly animals, but once in a while a weak, unpopular child from the wrong side of the tracks that wouldn't dare speak out against her, or went missing all together.

Roslin also had a twin, Rebekah. The two were best friends, but had a fierce rivalry growing up; always trying to one up the other, yearning for the approval of their parents, especially their father, and wanting to be seen as special among their siblings. Roslin solidified her place as the favorite child, and proved her commitment to the demon and the cult, by sacrificing her twin sister. Her parents approved of this because they felt like it was the ultimate sacrifice and would earn them even greater favor with the demon of darkness in the lake; plus the girls were twins, and not the only children, so they really only needed one. Anyone who didn't know the truth was told that Rebekah died in a freak skiing accident. Roslin used the role of grieving twin to her advantage.

Quirks:

• Knowledge of Monsters: Roslin comes from generations of highly favored cult members, therefore she has the advantage of knowing what is about to take place.
    • Rich and Powerful: Roslin is a member of one of the wealthiest families in town. She has the money to buy whatever she needs, and has many connections that work in her favor.
    • Track Star: Roslin is athletic, and has the endurance/stamina to run long distance at above average speeds (for a human).

Flaws:

• Thinks She isn't a Target: Roslin is arrogant, and assumes because of her family and her sacrifice that no harm can come to her. She is under the impression that the demon of darkness in the lake favors her.
    • Enemies: Being wealthy, beautiful and good at everything puts a huge target on Roslin's back. Whether people are jealous of her, or covet her for whatever reason, she definitely stands out.
    • Human: Roslin isn't a monster. She has no super strength, no sharp teeth, or heightened sense of smell. She is simply flesh and bones and can easily be snuffed out.

Link your O&O: Anything goes with this character.

Specify Ons: Physical harm, psychological harm, open to whatever.

Specify Hard Offs: No boundries

Sexuality: Pansexual

Content Level: Hell! Bring it on.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): YES! Hell - Anything goes.

Face Claim?: Aja Warren

Love the character image! So pretty.

Love it! We can work on getting my Knowing connected to yours as well. I imagine if she attends Nightwood University she'll be higher up when it comes to influence in the school. Also probably works closely with the Knowing Dean. Mayor's daughter is also such a fine touch!

Approved!

TheVillain

I hope it's not too late to toss in an idea for a monster. You did say no Sparkly-Vampires...

Name: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais

Occupation: Professor of Astronomy at Nightwood University. Claims to be from Colorado but was actually born and raised in Revolution Era France. Surprisingly, he's actually very good at his job if most of his paperwork is fake.

Surprisingly cunning to the point of being seemingly Genre-Savvy, Dr. Beauvais maintains a main Lair and a few secret bolt-hole back-up Liars. His main Lair is a house in the suburbs that he is the rightful owner of, completely legal and acquired without the use of any sort of supernatural abilities. In a pinch he also has mini-lairs in the University Science Building, in the basement of the local Hospital, and in the attic of Nightwood Cathedral.

Physical Description: With dark hair and blue eyes, Zacherie was tall by the standards of 1700's France but he's at best of average height by modern standards. He's handsome though, when he hides his "game-face". When he truly dedicates himself to feeding his face twists into something bestial, unnatural, with long and jagged teeth.

Personality: For an Astronomy Professor, Zacherie seems surprisingly down-to-Earth. On the surface he actually seems masculine and blue-collar, with a reputation of being a bit of a handyman among his neighbors. Get past the rough edges and he seems charismatic and humorous, quick with a drink and a joke. There's only one real caveat to all this, as according to his neighbors Zacherie rarely leaves the house before dark. He says it's because his job frequently has him staying up all night anyway and his body is just used to sleeping through the day.

It takes a while to notice that he has absolutely no conscience. Some sense of professional ethics, sure. His primary choice of victims is usually people in the lives of his students that are interfering with their learning in fact. He has some sense of charm too the point of being Affable even - but very rarely does he actually feel bad about anything bad he does. He frequently takes sexual advantage of his female victims with no hint of guilt for instance. He has the cunning and almost genre-savvy enough to know that he's got to play nice until it's too late for his intended victims to do anything about it, but he's a monster at the core, he knows it, and in his own way he revels in it.

History: People believe that Dr. Beauvais is a relatively recent hire onto Nightwood University. According to his paperwork he got his PhD in Astronomy from the University of Denver 6 years ago and got a job as an Astronomy Professor the year after. He's remembered as being surprisingly down-to-Earth, surprisingly charming, and someone actually really handy with anything from a monkey wrench to a sodering iron. He's worked hard to assimilate into the community and Nightwood Falls is glad to have him.

Except it's mostly lies. Zacherie Beauvais was actually born in the 1750's in the filthy streets of the then slums of Paris. He'd actively join in the French Revolution when it came around, personally killing a few aristrocrats and clergymen in the name of La Mademoiselle France. Perhaps this was what got the attention of Belle, he knows she got his. Unknowingly signing on with her personal social experiments, Belle secretly tested him to make sure he was truly a non-believer in any sort of diety then seduced him and turned him into a Vampire like herself. Just to see what would happen.

Zacherie turned out to be surprisingly effective as a fledgling Vampire. Using his Cunning and Reason instead of Dogma - both Human and Vampire - to try to gain an edge, he learned whatever he could to gain an advantage. On more then one occasion just the mere fact of knowing exactly when Dawn was going to happen has saved his unlife and put him at an advantage over other Vampires and Vampire Hunters alike. Since then he's been learning, adapting to new times, and moving every decade or two to keep hidden in plain sight. That move to make sure to know when and where Dawn would be at any given situation eventually built into a genuine interest and career in Astronomy.

Now he's been in Nightwood Falls in time to really take advantage of the September 1st to November 1st event, when his powers open up and the rules on his behavior loosen - and he has in mind a few experiments of his own.

Quirks:

• Rigor of Death: As a member of the Undead, Dr. Beauvais is much stronger, faster, and tougher then a normal human. Most dramatically though is the fact that he doesn't age and can not permenantly die without certain conditions met. Shooting him in the head will certainly take him out of a fight but it will only "stick" if the bullet was made of silver and blessed by a particularly holy person for example.
    • The Hunter: Zacherie's Vampire senses are more sensitive then a normal human. He can see in the dark and smell blood for example.
    • Vampiric Domination: Dr. Beauvais, as an older vampire, can in theory mentally influence and hypnotize anyone he makes eye contact with. In theory. In practice most monsters and a sizable chunk of normal humans have enough Willpower to resist this ability, and using this ability visibly turns his eyes Red so he uses this ability somewhat sparingly.
    • Genre Savvy: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais is actually a fan of many forms of Vampire-related fiction and has made it a point to rely on Reason more then Dogma in his personal life. As a result he is considered surprisingly cunning as an opponent. It's pretty much impossible to trick him into staying outside after Dawn, as he makes it a point to know exactly when and where the next Dawn will be for example. Other Vampires may be older and more powerful, but he's seen this movie...
    • The Embrace: Arguably Dr. Beauvais's most dramatic supernatural feature is his ability to convert others into servants, slaves, and underlings up too and including full-fledged Vampires themselves. The results can usually be divided into three catagories, and due to Dr. Beauvais' tendency to sexually take advantage of female victims females are usually overrepresented in these groups.

• Renfields - Those of particularly weak Willpower sometimes take to Vampiric Domination deeper then others. If blood was drunken from the Renfield it wasn't enough to kill them. A Renfield is basically still alive and unchanged, but they will be particularly subservant to Dr. Beauvais for a particularly long amount of time compared to normal people. Renfields are usually created by accident.
      • Fledgelings - A new Vampire, created by someone being drained of blood enough to kill them then some bodily fluid from the Vampire being put back. If it takes a Fledgling Vampire is indistinguishable from a lifeless corpse for 3 sunsets, then they rise as a Vampire themselves if a relatively weak one. Fledgling Vampires tend to have behavior reminiscent of Drug Addicts as they get used to their Thirst. It's worth noting that not all victims he does this too will become Fledglings - most just stay very dead.
      • Brides - Mostly created by accident, a Bride's creation process is identical to that of a Fledgling. Some sort of sexual contact during the draining may be required though that is debatable. A Bride is like a Fledgling but with more Power and Self-Control. A Bride is essentially a Fledgling that somehow skipped the first hundred years or so of development. In Dr. Beauvais's case, all Brides have been female hence the name.

Flaws:

• Fire and Sunlight: - The most reliable way to kill a Vampire for good is Sunlight, especially the light of a new Dawn. If Dr. Zachery Beauvais is ever out in open Daylight, especially the light of Dawn, he will instantly burst into flames and be incinerated.
    • Home and Hearth: - Dr. Zachery Beauvais can not enter a private residence without the owner's invitation. The stronger the family bond, the stronger the magical barrier that will hold him back. Some objects from the Hearth can be used to repel him as well, depending on what they symbolize.
    • Holy Relics: - One of the most famous weaknesses of a Vampire, holy symbols and relics can be used to repel them depending on the Faith of the User and of the Vampire. Dr. Zacherie Beauvais actually holds no particular faith, so while no holy symbol is particularly painful or repellent to him they all do work a little bit.
    • The Thirst: - As any Vampire, Dr. Zachery Beauvais must periodically drink a sizable amount of fresh human blood. The exact amount he needs is unknown, but it's safe to say he usually drinks much more. Like many older Vampires, there are special additional rules he has for feeding like how some older vampires can only feed on Virgins. In Dr. Beauvais's case, he can not drink the blood of anyone that is officially one of his students.
    • The Masquerade: - On top of the normal rules for monsters, Vampires have to work to maintain the secrecy of the supernatural world. Vampires have their own set of laws that emphasize Secrecy above all else. Some of those laws are relaxed a bit from September 1st to November 1st, but they're never lifted entirely. As such Dr. Beauvais has to go the extra mile to maintain his "secret identity" and often will be required to act against his own interest or self-preservation to maintain 'The Masquerade'.

Link your O&O: My O/Os

Specify Ons: Some level of NC fitting for a horror RP.

Specify Hard Offs: Scat and Pedo, mostly.

Sexuality: Mostly Hetero. For Zacherie, his Sexuality and his Feeding habits are linked together. Sex is a potential tool he uses to get a potential victim to lower their guard, and when he feeds on a woman he frequently also takes sexual advantage of them. In truth if someone were to watch him feed on someone it would be difficult to not see some common elements between that and a sexual assault.

Content Level: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais can operate on any level up to the lighter side of a Hell rating. He is certainly capable of snuffing out other characters via vampiric blood draining. A character can also be "snuffed" by Dr. Beauvais and be "resurrected" a few days later as a new Vampire.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, and Hell rating. Can happen multiple times actually, given how his deaths don't "stick" without certain magical or symbolic elements being in play like Sunlight.

Face Claim?: Colin Farrell

Connections?: Starting with few Connections, maybe one of the normal humans is a student of his. Would build deeper connections as the game goes on, possibly as far as turning other characters into Vampires.
    My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
    Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.