Certificate issues with websites.

Started by Phoenixrisen, October 01, 2012, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

Alright, so I was trying to go to Fetlife to check on some stuff. I'd just been there maybe ten minutes before. Now it's saying that the certificate has been revoked. What if anything can I do about this?

As an  addendum no one else I know seems to be having this issue.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Avis habilis

I doubt there's anything you can do on your end. A message like that usually means that the site's identity cert has expired, so technically there's no guarantee that they are who they claim to be.

Geraint

I don't know if this would apply at all in your case, but it is an issue I have occasionally seen on my laptop if it has been unattended a bit and goes into a power saving mode.  When it awakens again, the internet connection sometimes isn't as quick to reconnect and I get certificate errors when I try to reaccess a site I was on when it went to sleep.  In that patricular case, a reboot always fixes the issue.

Phoenixrisen

Thanks guys, but the hubby got home and fixed it. It was a problem my computer was having with the site so he disabled something or other. Given that I don't go to certificated sites much, and that I type them in directly myself when I do, it should all be good.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Vekseid

Whoa they dropped their EV cert. Now they've got no more bragging rights than E >_>