Monster High interest check

Started by Dhi, August 16, 2019, 09:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

In the American town of Salem, Massachusetts, monsters from all over the world are drawn from hiding to find acceptance and kinship at the magically shrouded school of Monster High. Under the stewardship of Headless Headmistress Bloodgood, students aged 16 to 1600 learn about the "normie" world, learn to control their monstrous powers, and get up to all sorts of adventures on school grounds and in the catacombs below. Sometimes, under cover of night, students will even sneak out from the shroud and find excitement in the normie world- but we must be careful, for if humans ever discovered the truth behind the existence of monsters, the consequences could be disastrous!

This is an interest check to gauge whether a Monster High game could be feasible.

OCs are welcome. I don't expect very many players to be as familiar with the setting or its canon characters as I am. My own interest lies in writing the canon characters, but I have few clear favorites, so I'm happy to share.

A 50/50 mix of smut to story would be great, exploring scenes like gossip scavenging for the Gory Gazette, teen sleuth mysteries, fearleading tryouts, recruiting new monsters to the school, sneaking out into the normie world, rocking out in the catacombs, and thwarting monsters who want to twist the school for their own purposes. Let's avoid sitting down to actual classes. That's death in a high school game.

Is there any interest in this?

AndyZ

Never heard of this before, but could be interesting if I don't need to worry about knowing anything about the original source material.  Planting interest.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dhi

I think the premise stands on its own without need for a lot of background. Here's some of the scenery to help inspire.

AndyZ

Is this by any chance an Adventure game?  Point and click, collect inventory?  It seems to be in that style, and I love those kinds of games.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dhi

The location shots are largely renders from Welcome to Monster High, one of the many movies. Monster High is a huge property. There were a bunch of video games, and I'm confident at least one was an adventure game, but I never played them. Mostly I got into the movies and the G2 animated series, where the main girls travel the world hunting monsters to recruit to the school.

LSWSjr

Oh man, my daughters and I were huge fans of this show as they were growing up... not sure if I should tarnish those memories, but consider me interested :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Peripherie

I was a little too old to when it came out to really get in the show or the dolls at the time but they have some very cool character concepts. I'm interested. :)
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Ivory Dawn

Quote from: Peripherie on August 17, 2019, 08:51:03 AM
I was a little too old to when it came out to really get in the show or the dolls at the time but they have some very cool character concepts. I'm interested. :)

Same on all counts. Interested in seeing what we can put together.

Dragongoddess

Levi actually ran a very original concept of a Monster High game before that I loved.  If it'll be even half as good, I would love to join.  Unfortunately my plate is full at the moment so if it ever clears up and this is still open, I hope you won't mind people joining later in the game.

Mac84

Levi

You forgot to link me in Dhi!

You know I'm interested.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Dhi

Can't, Elliquiy's moderation took issue with the Monster High characters' oversized heads.

Wicked Emi