Elf Quest: Knights of the Witch (D&D 5e world hopping game needs bi half-elf)

Started by LisztesFerenc, August 31, 2018, 04:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

After being a blight upon the world for so many years, the elves were finally eradicated, not in one great war, but in countless rightous struggles across the land. With their banishment, so too did the scourge of magic departed from the world. Rejoice, the presits in the temples said, for now the time of humans had arreived. Now, 50 years later, humans live in triumph over the mud and filth of the world, without magic and without any to challenge their supremacy but eachother.

Dalry: A village that sprouted from a seemingly permanent camp in the bend of river. The camp was run by a detachment of soldiers who served under the warlord Taulnir, who had a fancy for dwarven artefacts. On a plateau, a two hour hike away, was the ruins of a huge dwarven stronghold, long since abandoned, but full of shields and hammers and statues that Taulnir loved to decorate his study, tent and captured castles with them. His warmongering ways filled his coffers and every full moon a caravan delivered 36 silver and 90 bronze pieces, the soldiers pay. The caravan would then leave with the latests finds from scouring the rubble of the stronghold.  The soldiers needed to be fed, and sought ways to spend their coin after a long days work. First a farmstead or two, then a shop, a tavern, a shrine-turned-church, the village was fed by folk willing to take the soldier's pay in return for booze, game or flesh. When it seemed the well of artefacts had run dry, the soldiers returned to Taulnir in the south, but those who had set up home and shop in Dalry could not afford to leave so easily, and so the settlement remains.

Nowadays, Dalry survives on the bounty of meagre cropland supplemented with lazy fish caught from the shallows of the river bend or even from venturing in to the nearby marsh to find eels, swamp crab, and the occasional patch of herbs for cure-alls or recreation. For coin, Dalry enjoys a steady trickle from the purse's of travellers heading between the “golden” city of of Chintur in the south and Port Antiro to the east. The village's lone temple is dedicated to Mithras, God of Soldiers, owning to the settlements origin, though in resent years a shrine to both Leto, Goddess of Mothers and Oya, God of Weather have been added. Finally there is the so called “film farmer” district, a shanty town of would be fortune seekers, willing to venture into the unnamed dwarven stronghold on the plateau. The rubble may have been picked clear, but the flooded basements and catacombs remain, and occasional a stray coin or broken shield can be found, which can be traded for as much as a month's rations.

Life in Dalry is possible, but hardly glamorous. Bold humans can strike out to the south, risking much for a small chance at better fortunes there, but for half-breeds, even that option is out of the question. They are stuck in this village, scraping by however they can.

This game will feature two residents of Dalry, a pair of down on their luck half-elves, and a mysterious arrival, a human from another world capable of using magic. Elves dissapeared from her world as well, but rather than just taking magic with them, the whole land got messed up in their absence, and she now travels from world to world. The two half-elves are the first trace of living elf blood she has encountered. They band together, hopping across worlds trying to save elves, and restore the worlds effected by their loss. Over their adventures, the two half-elves, already in a relationship, start growing closer to the human, who takes on a soft dominant role in the threeway relationship.

Requirements: This is an unusual game, in that there are more fixed variables than usual. The character needs to be a half-elf male, bisexual, submissive or switchy, in a sexual relationship with the other half-elf (also submissive or switchy). This relationship will then need to expand to evolve to include the more dominant human female, but not feature jelousy. I know this is a big ask, but the relationship is an major feature of the game, and this is what was agreed by the other players.

For mechanics:
Half-elf race, 2nd level, point buy (unless all players really want to roll, but I dislike this method for 5th ed). As mentioned, no classes that can cast spells (ideally fighter, but that's not required). The character will be able to learn a spellcasting archetype from the mage character for level 3 however. Proficiency with arcane is not possible, since its hard to learn about magic when its all but died out of the world. If your background would give you it, choose another proficiency in its place. Once you get to know Sunara (the human mage), she can teach you proficiency in arcane. For wealth, roll 2d4 x 10 (silver pieces, see houserules). This replaces any equipment you would get from your class or background. Its lower than usual, and reflects the povery of the setting, and the discrimination halfbreeds would face.

Houserules:
Currency is bumped down a step. Gold becomes silver, silver becomes bronze, copper stays as copper. This is mainly a cosmetic thing (the silver you get for starting wealth is not downgraded to bronze), gold is too rare to be used in regular currency. For languages, Common is known as Narvil. Since the game will involve world hopping, bear in mind that whilst Cleestial, Infernal and possibly Draconic will be the same on all worlds, Elven, Dwarven and Narvil will not always translate.

If this interests you please PM me any questions or character concepts you have.

pdragon

For reference here's the other half-elf you'd be playing against. Intended to be very feminine/trappy, though certain elements can be adjusted to better fit a potential partner's tastes.

Name: Auriel Vasmer
Class: lv2 Rogue
Race: half elf
Background: Alchemist's Apprentice
HP: 13
Armor: 14
Langauges: Common, Elvish, Infernal, Celestial

STATS
Strength: 11 (0) - Dexterity: 16 (+3) - Constitution: 10 (0)
Intelligence: 16 (+3) - Wisdom: 8 (-1) - Charisma: 14 (+2)

SKILLS
Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Performance, Acrobatics, Medicine, Nature

PROFICIENCES (+2 bonus)
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Alchemist's Supplies
Alchemical Specialization: Restorative Elixirs

FEATURES
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Chemical Exposure: as an alchemist, you’ve likely been exposed to a wide range of chemicals by design or otherwise. Consequently, you’ve learned to quickly identify what properties a nonmagical substance might have—ideally before it causes any damage to you or your work by sampling a portion or inhaling the scent. Your experience limits accidental injury during such analyses. At the GM’s discretion, this feature may work with magical substances, but accidental exposure is much more likely.

Expertise: choose two of your skill proficiencies (Stealth, Medicine). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Sneak Attack: Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an Attack if you have advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the Attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't Incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the Attack roll.

Thieves' Cant: During your rogue Training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a Message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a Bonus Action on each of your turns in Combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

EQUIPMENT
Silver: At 2018-08-29 09:24:03, pdragon (uid: 57462) rolls: 2d4 Result: 7 x 10 = 70 pieces

Dagger (2sp) 1d4 piercing, finesse, thrown
Backpack (2sp)
Alchemist's Supplies (50sp)
Herbalism Kit (5sp)
Leather Armor (10sp)
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

JoanieSappho

I've always wanted to stick things up the butt of one of pdragon's boys, and this time that literally cannot fail to happen, so count me in.
I'll try to find an image that is both trappy and suitable, and go off of that ... I mean, he doesn't need to be trappy too, I know, but that's how I like 'em. (And I like my women dominant and mature, so double-win for me here.)

Also, just the core book for backgrounds, or can I have a look through Sword Coast, too?

Quick edit: Do you mind if the sort of elf he is half is drow? More because the best image I could find is definitely drow than for any stat reason. Still an elf, though.
Said image (cropped, of course):

LisztesFerenc

Other background are fine, pdragon is using a homebrewed one. I would prefer surface half-elves though, drow have their own culture and story, and even if your character isn't part of that, its still an aspect of their that I don't feel meshes the story. Can you find a picture of a surface half-elf you like?

JoanieSappho

Yeah, I just heard and am looking. I'll find something better.

Edit: How's this one?
It's really hard to find good femmy boys who I can actually use.

Or possibly this one.

LisztesFerenc

First one looks good, and the second one, is a bit strange, but I guess skin like a porcelin doll is an interesting take on the elven aethetic, especially when mixed with human blood, and his expression in the NSFW one helps I feel. I think either one would work. Maybe you saw it to, but in the other thread about this game there was also this one discussed, if you like them.

JoanieSappho

Looks like the first one. Now, I would get started, but I was looking through the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and one of the backgrounds seemed like it might be relevant for the plot - Inheritor. Basically, I have a mysterious item/thing that's been passed down and is important. In some way that needs to be discovered.
Given the whole thing with elves and magic being all but entirely lost, this seems like it might be relevant.
I'll copy out the main feature of the background, so you can check it over.

Inheritor Background

FEATURE :  INHERITANCE
Choose or randomly determine your inheritance from among the possibilities in the table below. Work with your Dungeon Master to come up with details: Why is your  inheritance  so important, and what is its full story?
You might prefer for the DM to invent these details as part of the game, allowing you to learn more about your inheritance as your character does.
The Dungeon Master is free to use your inheritance as a story hook, sending you on quests to learn more about its history or true nature, or confronting you with foes who want to claim it for themselves or prevent you from learning what you seek. The DM also determines the properties of your inheritance and how they figure into the item's history and importance. For instance, the object might be a minor magic item, or one that begins with a modest ability and increases in potency with the passage of time. Or, the true nature of your  inheritance might not be apparent at first and is revealed only when certain conditions are met.
When you begin your adventuring career, you  can decide whether to tell your companions about your inheritance right away. Rather than attracting attention to  yourself, you might  want  to keep your inheritance a secret until you learn more about what it means to you and what it can do for you.

Either that or I'll go with mercenary veteran from the same book. Although in his case less veteran and more 'tried to be a mercenary, but ran off when it turned out they were interested in using his butt more than letting him fight'.

.. and then I found it on the internet right after copying some of it out: Here.

LisztesFerenc

I like that background, yes you can use it.It should work well for the story. Any ideas what the item would be?

JoanieSappho

No strong ones. Part of me wants him to be chased by people after the secret hidden in his nipple rings or crotch tattoo, but that depends on how silly we can be with stuff. Honestly, just rolling and going with what comes up would be fine with me.

LisztesFerenc

JoanieSappho

And I rolled. A 2, which the table says is a trinket.
So, 1d100 and that gets me ... 14.  'An enormous scale, possibly from a dragon.'

Hmm. I am going to be going with Protection for my fighting style, to protect my elfyboi, so perhaps it could be in/on/related to the shield needed for that.

JoanieSappho

Name: Fenderel Artris
Class: lv2 Fighter
Race: half elf
Background: Inheritor
HP: 20
Armor: 16
Langauges: Common, Elvish, Infernal, Draconic

STATS
Strength: 8 (-1) - Dexterity: 16 (+3) - Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 10 (+0) - Wisdom: 14 (+2) - Charisma: 14 (+2)

SKILLS
Survival, History, Perception, Insight, Stealth, Deception

PROFICIENCES (+2 bonus)
Armor: All
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
Tools: Flute

FEATURES
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Inheritance

Fighting Style: Protection: When a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll. You must be wielding a shield.

Second Wind: At first level, on your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge: Starting at second level, on your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

EQUIPMENT
Silver: 2d4=5 x 10 = 50 pieces

Rapier (25sp) 1d8 slashing, finesse
Whip (2sp) 1d4 slashing, finesse, reach
Shield (10sp)
Leather Armor (10sp)

LisztesFerenc

I like him, and I really like the detail of the dragon scale being incorporated into their shield. I do however prefer averages for HP after level 1, sorry I forgot to mention that sooner.

Here's the OOC thread, the pair of you can hammer out the details of your character's relationships then: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=292698.0