CjaC / DominatrixC passed away this morning.

Started by Vekseid, February 17, 2008, 04:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

My heart goes out to her family and friends, I might not have known her that well. But I'm definitely sure she'll be missed by all.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RedKytten

From my few interactions, I knew she was someone who I would grow to care for a lot.  I feel like I have missed a wonderful person.

rainshadow

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. I feel awful. She was such a sweetheart, made me feel very welcome. There were a couple nights I got on and was feeling very low and she lifted my spirits up and didn't even know it. Man, this sucks. We only spoke a few times, but it was enough for me to know that she was a spirited woman, pure of heart. She will be sorely missed. What a great lady.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Sabby

I remember when my fiance left me a week ago, Cam was so good to me... great actually. She made me want to move on. Just the other night, I was happy. I was happy for the first time since the break up. And then she just... left. Like I was knocked off a mountain, and she picked me up and helped me climb back up, and just as I reached the top again, we both got smack back down and now theres no one there to help me climb again...

...I loved her so much... dammit Cam, I never got to say goodbye...

DancerTamara

I never got to know her but hearing the words of everyone else apparently I really missed out.  My sympathies to her family and to all of those here who are feeling her loss. 

Archangel

Certainbly not the kind of thing you want to see first thing Monday morning, or ever. It's clear she had an effect on allot of people here...

It's a very sad day indeed....
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Lilac

;_;

I... no...

My thoughts... our thoughts... are with you, Cam.

Valerian

I never had the chance to get to know her, but my heart goes out to all those who feel her loss so deeply.  The poem below is of uncertain origin, but the most likely history is that it was written by a woman named Mary Elizabeth Frye sometime around World War II for a friend of hers who had escaped from Germany.  A family member who hadn't been able to leave died there, and Frye wrote this as consolation for her friend, who was unable to return for the funeral.  It seemed appropriate to offer it up here, for those mourning at a distance...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Moondazed

I love that poem :)  Thank you for posting it, Valerian.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Spirit_Wolf

i.. oh god- im sorry- ill post later when i can concentrate on writing..
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

...:::|Ons & Offs |:::...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12763.

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Quote from: Valerian on February 18, 2008, 10:43:04 AM
I never had the chance to get to know her, but my heart goes out to all those who feel her loss so deeply.  The poem below is of uncertain origin, but the most likely history is that it was written by a woman named Mary Elizabeth Frye sometime around World War II for a friend of hers who had escaped from Germany.  A family member who hadn't been able to leave died there, and Frye wrote this as consolation for her friend, who was unable to return for the funeral.  It seemed appropriate to offer it up here, for those mourning at a distance...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.
Thank for the poem.It was beautiful and utterly appropriate of the spirit of Cam.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Spirit_Wolf

thank you for the poem- i uh... didn't see it earlier. Cam was great and we talked a few times on IRC and all. She was an angel and i suppose whoever put her here for help- wanted her back. I um.. write poems myself, though Im an artist and not a writer, but I thought this appropriate to some who may read... Sabbat included most of all. I'm sorry luv- as I know you two were very close. There are two here- one for loved ones and one for friends- I hope either one came close to what I believed she was.

Loved Ones:
Memories

Memories of you, are all I have left now
I will hold them forever, and move on somehow
The moments we had, and the times we shared
Memories of you, are all that was spared

When I get lonely, and I’m feeling blue
I close my eyes, and I think of you
Your face, your smile, and your warm embrace
And once again, you’re back in place

For in my mind I can hold you tight,
Once again you are with me, yet another night
In my mind you will always stay,
No one can ever take that away

Ill tell you the things, I never got to say
I will cherish you memory, for one more day
Sometimes the memories make me weak,
There are other times, I can’t even speak

Without you here, I thought I would die
Often times, I just lye here and cry
But in my mind I have found some relief,
Sweet memories of you, have eased my grief

I will miss your touch, and the smell of your skin,
But in my mind, we’ll be together again
As I go to that special place, deep within my mind,
Precious Memories of you, are all I will find
Gabreil-Arora Rowan McEwan

Friends:
Angel Away
God has found an angel, and put her here on Earth
From this day back to the morn when a mother once gave birth
Your love and compassion led us to be close
And as the stories unfold and the memories were told,
Or friendship blossomed the most

As the days grew to weeks, we held close to each other
never far apart in things, never needing another.
During that time when I thought I was done you grabbed hold of my hand
And brought me back into this place that fell across the land

Then one morn I heard the news, that God had come and taken you
Loss for words, heart again shattered
My soul called out, bruised and battered,
How could this happen? Why did you leave
And who on Earth could make me believe?!
That God came down and took that breath
and brought you with him to those pearly steps.
You grace and love hath gone today,
As God, finally took his Angel away.
Gabreil-Arora Rowan McEwan

Once again- I hope this comes close to you all- for her- as it did for me, while I was writing them.
Good-bye Cam- cronaím thú [gaelic- we miss you]
((please dont take this as me coping your idea Valerian- as I hadn't noticed your post until after I wrote these.))
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

...:::|Ons & Offs |:::...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12763.

Brandon

I had just started getting to know her myself and I felt a friendship developing in just that short time. I cant find the words to how much she will be missed. If possible I would like someone give my condolences to her friends and family as well as lay some flowers on her grave for me.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Brandon on February 19, 2008, 12:34:38 AM
I had just started getting to know her myself and I felt a friendship developing in just that short time. I cant find the words to how much she will be missed. If possible I would like someone give my condolences to her friends and family as well as lay some flowers on her grave for me.
first post here as a link to say something to her family and friends
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

rainshadow

"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

I liked and appreciated your poetry. It made me cry in 'a good way'.
Your effort and this entire thread reminds me anew of why I treasure this community. It is not just a place to game and to tell stories....it is a community.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Cherri Tart

*nods* when i first joined, i thought it was just a place to spin dirty yarns and now... it's my support group, my second family, my laughter, my tears, my joy, and right now, my sorrow.  there is so much love here at times, and Cam was one of the reasons - the thing is, i'm seeing her legacy already, everyone sort of watching out for each other and pulling together.  I like to think that she's looking down on us and it's making her proud and filling her with joy.
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Spookie Monster

Many condolences to her family and to her friends.  Although I met her only a few weeks ago, I was immediately struck by her generosity, her wit, her integrity, and her spirit.  Thanks for everything, Cam; we'll miss you, but we won't forget you.

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Sabby

Hehe... I remember every day we would always end up in a 'nuh ah!' 'ya huh!' over who loved the other more... it was cute and silly. I'm guna miss that.

Max

I didn't see that Cam had passed away until last night.  I feel terrible about that.  And even more terrible that she is gone.  I couldn't think of anything to say, and still can't.  I talked to her just about every day, and will miss her.  I only knew her for a month or so, but, I will miss her.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Stevej101

May be one of the few times I come up speechless.

I pretty much only knew her in the Shout Box, but she was sweet and I will certainly miss her as well.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

TheWolf

Though our paths had crossed little, to lose one of the community is truly anguishing...

Life is...  Short...  I can only hope she had plenty of fun and enjoyment from those who reside at Elliquiy, and that we helped in some way whenever she felt down...

My thoughts go out to her family and friends...

TheWolf

List Of Current Threads
List Of Ons & Offs

Wondering if I'd be interested?  PM me!

Sabby

If it makes anyone feel any better, I was talking to her for hours up until she died, and she was in a really good mood. Actually, she seemed much happier then she had been in the fast weeks.

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Sabbat on February 19, 2008, 04:08:27 PM
If it makes anyone feel any better, I was talking to her for hours up until she died, and she was in a really good mood. Actually, she seemed much happier then she had been in the fast weeks.

yes Saturday night she was very up despite financial problems. Oh Sabbat... she was very protective of you. She started a topic at her site regarding how people hurt one another and how it pissed her off.

Speaking of her site, she had high hopes for it and I wish it had grown faster for her... it could have been a piece of her spirit for us. But she didn't have it up long enough to get a good hold, I'm afraid.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elvi

Funnily enough, I too spoke (in private) to her recently.
We never really managed to find 'common ground' and it was as if we finally had.
It just serves to remind us that life is too short....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building