So..if it detects a virus and blocks it, what exactly does Norton do with it?

Started by Wolfy, November 28, 2010, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Does it delete it immediately? Cause mine found and blocked a virus on a file that I had downloaded, so I'm wondering what exactly it did with it.

Hunter

Wolfy

So..how do I get rid of it? Delete the file it was detected in? Because I've done that.

Oniya

That should do it.  Might want to run a thorough scan (or whatever Norton calls it) just to be absolutely sure.  That's the standard procedure we use here.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Well..I think I delete it, anyway...I deleted the files, the .rar files, and I also deleted the Startup menu folders/shortcuts. O-o then emptied my recycling bin as well. I'm running a full System Scan right now, too.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Still not sure if that got rid of it, as I didn't uninstall anything, just simply deleted all files and folders...soo...O-o

Wolfy

Soran

Check in the 'quarantine' section on Norton, if its gone, no worries, but you should have the option to delete it there

Wolfy

Quote from: Soran on November 29, 2010, 02:54:21 PM
Check in the 'quarantine' section on Norton, if its gone, no worries, but you should have the option to delete it there

Ok..I checked there, and nothing showed up, so I guess it's gone.