The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)

Started by mj2002, July 31, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eiselmann

Happy to have my chap be the CO of the expedition either in addition to being Political officer or instead of ...don't have to change much other than a little service history to turn him into the CO.

Ironically I didn't request the CO role from the start as I expected it to be hotly contested.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

mj2002

Quote from: eiselmann on August 11, 2013, 01:11:39 PM
Happy to have my chap be the CO of the expedition either in addition to being Political officer or instead of ...don't have to change much other than a little service history to turn him into the CO.

Ironically I didn't request the CO role from the start as I expected it to be hotly contested.
It's available if you wish to switch to CO!

eiselmann

Cool I've a few posts to do and some rl stuff but will adjust the bio , he'll still be related to the big man at the top.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

mj2002

Scribbles

Quote from: mj2002 on August 10, 2013, 12:32:55 PM
We're not in a hurry!

Hey Scribbles, this looks great!

A few notes. While I understand what you're trying to get across, do understand that there are no 'classes' on the island nation. Everyone is valued equally, men included. It is probably more suitable to stress that the place is really beautiful instead. Did you want to have your establishment situated in the capital city or the port city where the ship first reaches land?

I'm guessing they'll be ushered towards the Capital before long, so there I guess. Unless you'll have the foreigners staying at the palace, then I'll pick the harbour.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

eiselmann

Have changed my character bio (page two ) to reflect his status as CO.

Made him a little older and turned him into a career staff officer , making this mission his first real command.

My ons and offs link

SugarAndSpice

Well done on Anders for getting promoted lols, now we just need a Queen. Also I was wondering how different are Kanadian and British? are they like dialects?

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 12, 2013, 05:05:26 AM
Well done on Anders for getting promoted lols, now we just need a Queen. Also I was wondering how different are Kanadian and British? are they like dialects?
They originate from the same language, but seeing as they've been apart for quite some time, differences will be obvious. With some difficulty, someone able to speak some Kanadian and someone able to speak some British would be able to understand each other.

SugarAndSpice

I advertised this to a couple of people I know but I haven't had any replies yet :/

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 13, 2013, 01:38:12 PM
I advertised this to a couple of people I know but I haven't had any replies yet :/
Still patiently hoping that more people will sign up. We're still short on a few.

oceanspool

Hey everyone! I'm Sugar's friend. Call me Ocean :D I've been lurking here for a couple of days, and I just got approved so I'm going to go right ahead and post my character profile :D I really like this RP and I hope it gets off the ground ^^

Name: Max Braun

Role: Marine

Background: Max grew up as the youngest child in a very loving, very smothering and very over-protective female household, his father having walked out on the family years ago. After spending most of his life being squashed by three well-meaning older sisters, Max has a healthy thirst for adventure and a determination to prove himself away from people who see him only as 'little Maxi'. So naturally he joined the Marines as soon as he left school. A few years of basic training churned out a competent and well-rounded Marine who leapt at the chance to go on an exploratory mission to a country unknown to the Empire. After having to take on a job outside of school hours to help support his family, Max knows the value of hard work and won't hesitate to call out anyone that isn't pulling their weight.

Personality: He may have grown up poor and gone through military training, but young Maxi still has an innocence at heart that he is desperate to get rid of. The right girl (or boy...?) has yet to come along and he's always the last one to get a dirty joke. He takes teasing stoically and will occasionally retaliate with a well-aimed prank. Other Marines tend to treat him as a little brother, which frustrates him quite a lot. He sees the mission as his chance to be on equal footing with his crew in a country that none of them know anything about. Max doesn't hold any strong political views and is happy with the way things are run in the Empire, but he hasn't known any other way of life – maybe the drastically different culture of Thule will open his eyes, or maybe he'll be glad that he's grown up in technology-driven Baden and not in some olde-worlde hippie backwater where women call the shots.

Picture:

Let me know if I need to change anything!

mj2002

Oooh, very interesting background!

(Accepted)

SugarAndSpice

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 14, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
Do the Rangers have a uniform?
If anything, it would be clothing that's useful for the task at hand. But a uniform, something designed to command respect is not possible for men. They don't really have them for women either.

ElvenKitten

Name: Freya
Role: Queen of Thule

Background: Freya was reluctant to take the throne but her older sister was killed in a tragic accident. She wasn't trained for the responsibilities as queen but has seemed to manage. Her husband died of a rare illness before her son was born. Over the years she has had a few male and female lovers though the father of her son will always have a place in her heart.

She has mostly ruled in peace and plenty so far and hasn't had to deal with any major problems yet. She often disguises herself and goes out among her people so she can know what her people want and what they honestly think of her.

Personality: She is kind and loving considers her people to be like her children and sometimes will risk her own life for the good of the kingdom. It isn't easy to make her angry but when it does happen it's usually best to be well away from her. Freya can be very affectionate toward those she likes sometimes beyond the bounds of royal protocol. She always feels like her sister would have been a better ruler and so is always pushed to do better.

SugarAndSpice

The queen doesn't have any daughters, she only has a son Axel, who is being played by MagicalPen (see page 3)

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 15, 2013, 10:52:36 AM
The queen doesn't have any daughters, she only has a son Axel, who is being played by MagicalPen (see page 3)
Yes, I missed that myself as well. She doesn't have any daughters.

oceanspool

mj2002

SugarAndSpice

I've had an idea for a navigator for the Baden ship, which I could flesh out and use if needed.

mj2002

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on August 18, 2013, 01:15:23 PM
I've had an idea for a navigator for the Baden ship, which I could flesh out and use if needed.
As Ive mentioned for, playing multiple characters (preferably on opposing sides) is somewhat encouraged. Make sure you have the time for it though.

Moon Hound Hati

Interested in playing the part of Baden's scientist. I'll get a sheet up in the morning. Should be fun.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

mj2002

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on August 18, 2013, 06:44:46 PM
Interested in playing the part of Baden's scientist. I'll get a sheet up in the morning. Should be fun.
Excellent!

Moon Hound Hati

Name: Conrad von Sydow
Role: Scientist and Archaeologist

Background: Conrad was the first and only child of Wulfstan and Emery von Sydow, a pair renowned for their prowess in the fields of science and art, respectively. While his parents were not around much, too wrapped up in their own affairs and thus leaving their young offspring mostly in the hands of a wet nurse and their other staff members. Rather than coming to resent his parents, Conrad came to understand, and later even appreciate, the obligations and privileges fame and success had brought his parents.

Even from an early age the heir of the Von Sydow family possessed a brilliant and sharp mind, which was only cultivated further once he began attending school. Doing his parents proud, and giving them yet another achievement to bolster about to others in their social circles about in the process, Conrad proceeded to not only burn through his learning material with great speed and ease, earning him perfect marks on every test, he also skipped several grades because of it. With such brilliance, of course, comes great solitude. Shunned by almost all of his peers for his gifts, an already quite eccentric child grew to be even more eccentric.

After becoming one of the youngest, if not the youngest, person to ever graduate cum laude from the most esteemed Baden university, Conrad continued to baffle peer and professor alike by doing it again for another course. So, at the young age of twenty-three, Conrad had become not only attained a master's degree in science, but archeology as well. Despite the contempt some might have held, and perhaps still hold for the young man, the great promise he held was undeniable. Of course, with great promise comes great expectations, and, in a seemingly bold move, the eccentric young scientist and archaeologist got himself involved in an imperial expedition which was planned to set sail to lands unknown.

Personality: Conrad is eccentric. His views on life and its matters are often vastly different from those of his fellow man. Often seen as too "naive and simplistic," especially for a brilliant man of his stature, he nevertheless stands by them, shrugging off the opinions of others like one would specs of dirt on his shoulder. When he gets a little too wrapped up in his work or an interesting thought process, he tends to talk to himself, holding entire conversations just with himself. This naturally does not help the selfinflicted social isolation he is in. Not that he cares though, as Conrad main interests are discoveries in the fields of science and archaeology.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

LamentingQuill

I'd love to play a daughter of the Thule queen.