SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Chummer, wiz, omae, slot, slitch, drek, frag...yup all good!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

Hop on over to subforum and you'll find everything you need to make a character.  :)  See you around the shadows!

Tharic

Okay.. So this is me, dropping an interest note here that I'm seriously considering jumping in and playing with you guys. I typically don't do big group games, just because of my schedule and posting frequency, I don't want to end up being the stuck cog in a nice oiled machine. However, Josi has told me this shouldn't be a problem, and I'm going to hold her to that..

So, with that said, give me a few days to mull over a few concepts, SOMEHOW engorge myself on the billions of bytes of data you thugs have accumulated for this and see if I can get something hammered out and PM'd over to Lunar and Ciosa to discuss concepts more.. (Seriously.. you need a STEP ONE - DO THESE THINGS type post. .lol.. i am sooo lost and i've gone through the wiki and this thread and others.. but wow.. hello content)

Tharic

Josietta

*giggles some and blows kisses to Tharic* You can hold me to anything darlin' ;)

The From The Shadows page in the wiki has everything you need to know to start making a character. :)

Depending on your type of character conecpt you have,  the Magic and Matrix page may be of help. Also take a peek at the FAQ page for any 'extra' questions you may have. A lot of player questions have been answered there.

The other pages on the wiki are mostly for background, setting info, critters you may encounter, and a basic understanding of how AR works in Shadowrun.  For any new starting players the only page you absolutely NEED is the From The Shadows page. It has all your character building information as well as info on how the rules of the game work and all of the equipment you need.

;)

For anything you don't see listed do send a PM or five to Lunar and Ciosa. They are used to getting questions in PMs all the time so its not a big deal ;)  They'd prefer you ask than assume or get all confused or lost on what you want to do.

So...

Step One -  Come up with a Character Concept.

DO you want to be a gun toting sort?  A mage?  the sort that can hack into machines? a pretty face that can haggle and manage to get decent wages for runs?

Step Two - After determining what sort you want, determine what race you want to play. Human? Ork? Troll? Dwarf? or maybe Elf?

Step Three - Determine your priorities.

Do you want more money? more skills? Or are you more proficient with your attributes (Strength, Charisma, Smarts, etc)? Maybe you have a lot of Contacts?

Step Four - Begin building the character based on the above three steps.

Step Five - Equipment/Gear Shopping! (yay!)
                  Dont' forget to buy your Lifestyle!

Step Six - Send Josi loves for being so awesome ;P  Jk   You should have just about everything finished up, PM the finished sheet with a decent history/background, to BOTH LunarSage and Ciosa.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ciosa

Quote from: Josietta on March 12, 2013, 02:34:07 PM
*giggles some and blows kisses to Tharic* You can hold me to anything darlin' ;)

The From The Shadows page in the wiki has everything you need to know to start making a character. :)

Depending on your type of character conecpt you have,  the Magic and Matrix page may be of help. Also take a peek at the FAQ page for any 'extra' questions you may have. A lot of player questions have been answered there.

The other pages on the wiki are mostly for background, setting info, critters you may encounter, and a basic understanding of how AR works in Shadowrun.  For any new starting players the only page you absolutely NEED is the From The Shadows page. It has all your character building information as well as info on how the rules of the game work and all of the equipment you need.

;)

For anything you don't see listed do send a PM or five to Lunar and Ciosa. They are used to getting questions in PMs all the time so its not a big deal ;)  They'd prefer you ask than assume or get all confused or lost on what you want to do.

So...

Step One -  Come up with a Character Concept.

DO you want to be a gun toting sort?  A mage?  the sort that can hack into machines? a pretty face that can haggle and manage to get decent wages for runs?

Step Two - After determining what sort you want, determine what race you want to play. Human? Ork? Troll? Dwarf? or maybe Elf?

Step Three - Determine your priorities.

Do you want more money? more skills? Or are you more proficient with your attributes (Strength, Charisma, Smarts, etc)? Maybe you have a lot of Contacts?

Step Four - Begin building the character based on the above three steps.

Step Five - Equipment/Gear Shopping! (yay!)
                  Dont' forget to buy your Lifestyle!

Step Six - Send Josi loves for being so awesome ;P  Jk   You should have just about everything finished up, PM the finished sheet with a decent history/background, to BOTH LunarSage and Ciosa.

Well... Josi covered everything I could think of, off the top of my head.  Oh, don't forget clothes.  You definitely want to buy clothes.

LunarSage

And a commlink, image link and contacts, glasses or goggles if you don't have all of that as cyberware.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Tharic

Quote from: Ciosa on March 12, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
Well... Josi covered everything I could think of, off the top of my head.  Oh, don't forget clothes.  You definitely want to buy clothes.

Well.. there goes THAT character idea.. *sighs*

Fine.. I suppose I'll buy clothes if I HAVE to..

Josietta

* Josietta must point out she has no issues with the nudist concept >.>

According to Lunar the less encumbered you are the better your stealth is after all! ;D

So Nudity = invisible?   yes? :D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Crash

Quote from: Josietta on March 12, 2013, 03:08:35 PM

According to Lunar the less encumbered you are the better your stealth is after all! ;D

I find no fault in your logic.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Tharic

I see no skill in Poledancing nor Male Stripping.. wtf..

Crash

Ciosa

Quote from: Josietta on March 12, 2013, 03:08:35 PM

Also, Hollywood has taught us that females with less clothes are actually even less likely to ever be struck by gunfire or weapons, so it must be true.  So female characters who are naked are invisible AND bulletproof.  O.O

Crash

Well as Baby noted all Shadowrunners are uber hot and spend their time having sex and making nuyen.  They got that right why not invisible bulletproof nudity!

Prosak

I may consider this, since, I always wanted to try Shadowrun, but never had the chance. Was always to busy playing Rift's, or Dead Reign with my group. As in, my rl group.. Ya I am a stone cold nerd  XD . Lol.

Last of the Great Mikeys

Last of the Great Mikeys

LunarSage and Ciosa, did you get my new character I sent you last night?

LunarSage

Quote from: Prosak on March 13, 2013, 03:32:37 AM
I may consider this, since, I always wanted to try Shadowrun, but never had the chance. Was always to busy playing Rift's, or Dead Reign with my group. As in, my rl group.. Ya I am a stone cold nerd  XD . Lol.

You're welcome to join us!  :-)

If you have any questions, I first ask that you consult our FAQ to see if your question has been answered already.  If not, feel free to ask myself and Ciosa either here or in PMs.

Quote from: Last of the Great Mikeys on March 13, 2013, 10:10:15 AM
LunarSage and Ciosa, did you get my new character I sent you last night?

Yes we did.  We're discussing it right now.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

Quote from: Prosak on March 13, 2013, 03:32:37 AM

*waves to Prosak and smiles* hey there!! Good to see you dropping in!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kokaine

I keep coming back to this game and looking but for some reason I just have no idea how to even approach it :/
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

It's because the game is awesome and has people you want to RP with in it. ;)

If you need help starting let me know.  Or ask the lunar and Ciosa

Josietta

Ciosa and Lunar are great for breakign things down for you. So if it seems overwhelming and my steps listed above are still too general for you, do get in contact with one of them. ((Ciosa is online more than Lunar these days if you are looking for quick replies.))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Crash

Quote from: Kokaine on March 13, 2013, 11:40:40 AM
I keep coming back to this game and looking but for some reason I just have no idea how to even approach it :/

You know you wanna join. ;)

First character's free.

Kokaine

I'm gonna make an attempt to make a character using Josi's steps we'll see how far I get.
Likely I'll end up PMing Ciosa or Lunar for help though.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ciosa