Achtung Cthulhu, Savage Worlds

Started by Jaded, July 04, 2016, 04:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

I am not opposed to the concept, but am not sure how easy it would be create with the system.

Your best bet might be taking a rank or two in Knowledge (Mythos), then (and I need to double check for rules regarding spells and gaining them at creation) learning the spell Augur.

wigglebiscuit

Are we creating character sheets at this point? If so, what level?

Callie Del Noire

That might work or having mostly be a plot point for the GM

Jaded

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=252537.0
Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=252536.0

Standard Savage Worlds Achtung! Cthulhu creation rules, no additional ranks/experience to start.

Captain Whitebread

I'm thinking about an old alcoholic engineer who (while drunk) designed and built a bridge in one of the less developed countries only to have it collapse when the first train went across it.

He's now in Egypt hiding from people who want to mount his head on a pike and make musical instruments out of his bones.  He's seen a lot.  How much of it was real and how much of it was the booze....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Jaded

Hmm, I like the concept, but my main concern is that there would be a great deal of overlap in skills with Lustful Bride's character.

Captain Whitebread

Not really.  He's a designer and a supervisor and she is the tinkerer and the machinist.  They're at opposite ends of the same spectrum.  Then again, no sane person would trust him to build much more than a sand castle if they found out what he'd done.

He's currently mixed up in gun smuggling.

Jaded

If you are willing to work with Lustful Bridge to make sure that is the case (my main worry is the limited skills in the system) I am fine with the concept. :-)

Captain Whitebread

I'll send a PM and include you so you're party to the negotiations....

Captain Whitebread

Name: Alexander 'Xander'  Huntington
Sex: Male
Race: Caucasian.
Religion: Lapsed Catholic
Role: Engineer and Gun Runner
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Smut: Mostly vanilla, strong attraction to prostitutes, strong dislike of clingy women.
Notable Abilities/Skills: Fluent in English, French, Spanish and German, speaks Bantu and two dialects of Arabic.  When he's not drunk, he's a brilliant engineer.  Knows the desert and many of the Bedouin tribes.

Weapons of choice: A well cared for C96 Mauser , complete with stock/holster or his most prized possession, a Holland & Holland  .470 Nitro Express  double barrel elephant rifle..

Appearance: You wouldn't take Alexander Huntington to be an educated gentlemen upon first sight but that is indeed the case.  Under the long, greying unkempt hair and wrinkled clothing, behind the bleary eyes, the week old unshaved salt and pepper beard and the occasional smell of unine and alcohol lurks a man who once rubbed elbows with royalty.

Personality: When he's sober (and not hung over or experiencing delerium tremens) Alexander can be a genial and intelligent conversationalist.  When he's drunk, he's a silent, brooding loner.  When he's been drinking but isn't entirely drunk (a state where he spends the majority of his time), he's gregarious, occasionally overly so.  He has a quick, sometimes savage wit.  While most people think getting him drunk will make his less aware and a less able negotiator. he is at his best when tipsy.

Hobbies: Drinking, building structures with match-sticks

Background: Alexander was the second son of a titled family.  Educated at the University of Glasgow, he was a rising star in the field of engineering.  Sent to the Sudan in Africa on a royal order after the end of the Great War,  he was assigned the task of building a bridge over a chasm that would allow rail traffic to open up the centre of Africa.  He completed the task in record time, coming in under budget as well.  He was hailed as a hero, right up until the moment the bridge collapsed under the weight of the first train that crossed it, killing hundreds of passengers as well as a handful of dignitaries.  It seemed that alcohol and engineering didn't mix as well as Alexander thought they did.

He fled, before he could be arrested for multiple murders.  He fled before he could be lynched and torn apart by the angry mob.  It took him years to travel to Egypt, hiding in small villages, living with various Bedouin tribe and keeping constantly on the move.  He eventually found himself as a go between, a translator between various groups and those who wanted to sell them weapons.  He's managed to make a good living and the clandestine nature of his new occupation helps keep him out of the view of those who would see him pay for his past crimes.

Jaded

Phaia

I was curious if there was still something happening with this. I have a copy of savage lands [had to go dust it off from the closet] though have not had anything to do with Achtung Cthulhu but what could go wrong with tentacles and monsters  :o :o

Phaia

Captain Whitebread

Nothing, unless you are an adorable Japanese school girl with a basket of puppies, because the the tentacle violence is proportional to the previous scene's cuteness.

Jaded

Quote from: Phaia on July 27, 2016, 06:34:07 PM
I was curious if there was still something happening with this. I have a copy of savage lands [had to go dust it off from the closet] though have not had anything to do with Achtung Cthulhu but what could go wrong with tentacles and monsters  :o :o

Phaia

It doesn't seem to have gotten off the ground unfortunately.  I will probably give it a few more days to see if anyone posts IC, but I may declare it dead before long.  :-(

Phaia

well darn I had considered someone like this based off evie from ' The Mummy'

Phaia

https://youtu.be/VbuzXzVOJxg

wigglebiscuit

I haven't given up on this, I just thought some other peeps were working on characters.

Are we still on?

Captain Whitebread

I wasn't aware the IC  thread was up and open.  I've posted to get the ball rolling.

Jaded

If people are still interested we can continue. 

Could you expand on your character concept a bit Phaia?

Captain Whitebread

What more do you need to know?  She's a librarian.....  lol