First Image of the Catwoman

Started by RubySlippers, August 05, 2011, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/first-look-see-anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-131006882.html 

Okay I adore Ann and she looks good in this, and did she borrow Batman's cycle?  ;)

And in Bane and this time Batman has his work cut out for him.

Beguile's Mistress

I wonder if any of her scenes will be shot here in Pittsburgh.

Inkidu

Eh, I don't really like it... or at least that photo. I kind of applauded Nolan for keeping it Batman focused. I'm going reserve the majority of my judgement for the movie when it comes out though. The only really actiony thing I've seen Hathaway in though that Get Smart movie. I just never think of her as an actiony actress.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Xanatos

Well if Nolan repeats the previous two movies, the third shall rock. We will see, though. I personally think it will be great. The last two did not let down. I can't decide which I like best. Both have amazing elements. I'd have to say, though, that Heath Ledger's Joker was the best villain of the two movies, hands down. If they play Selena Kyle like the comics, then she and Bruce will be having some sexual tension, which will be different for the new batman franchise.

I want to know how Batman is going to clear himself after sacrificing his image (what little he had, admittedly). That shall be awesome, done right.

Will

Why would that be the picture you release? : /  It's a fantastic shot if you're trying to showcase the bike, or even just the front tire.  For the character... not so much.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Inkidu

Quote from: Xanatos on August 06, 2011, 10:25:46 PM
Well if Nolan repeats the previous two movies, the third shall rock. We will see, though. I personally think it will be great. The last two did not let down. I can't decide which I like best. Both have amazing elements. I'd have to say, though, that Heath Ledger's Joker was the best villain of the two movies, hands down. If they play Selena Kyle like the comics, then she and Bruce will be having some sexual tension, which will be different for the new batman franchise.

I want to know how Batman is going to clear himself after sacrificing his image (what little he had, admittedly). That shall be awesome, done right.
I doubt it will be as good as Dark Knight. That was the perfect storm, lightning in the proverbial bottle. Still, it'll be damn good I know that for sure.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Craz

Quote from: Inkidu on August 07, 2011, 12:06:39 PM
I doubt it will be as good as Dark Knight. That was the perfect storm, lightning in the proverbial bottle. Still, it'll be damn good I know that for sure.

True enough, but I know I have yet to be disappointed by a Chris Nolan movie. The man does great work, and I can't wait to see what he does with the flick.

Inkidu

Quote from: Craz on August 07, 2011, 12:19:13 PM
True enough, but I know I have yet to be disappointed by a Chris Nolan movie. The man does great work, and I can't wait to see what he does with the flick.
They should probably get him to the Dr. Strange movie. Yeah, I can totally see that happening.

Beguile's Mistress

Here's a photo I like better, though they could have tried for something more sultry.

Will

- Jack Kerouac

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Will on August 07, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
Isn't that a photoshop edit?

Yup..

I always thought that Michelle Phifer's (sp?) performance was way batter than her costume. I had to reference video games for costumes but anyone that has seen the Arkam City teaser with Catwoman in it is how I would like to see her costume in the movies. It's fairly practical, for a female comic character, and I think fairly sexy. Of course she keeps her front unzipped too. :D

Beguile's Mistress

*shrugs*  Just something I found by googling.  I don't work with Photoshop so I have no way of knowing.

peaceinpangea

Quote from: Will on August 07, 2011, 12:54:44 AM
Why would that be the picture you release? : /  It's a fantastic shot if you're trying to showcase the bike, or even just the front tire.  For the character... not so much.

I agree. I already knew she was going to wear goggles and leather so I am not so impressed.

I do hope they will use Catwoman as something other than a way to titillate Batman's nethers. I may be the only person ever, but I hated Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman. Gross.
Call me Pip.

Will

- Jack Kerouac

Chris Brady

Eh, it was OK, but The Dark Knight wasn't as good to me as everyone claimed it was.  I still prefer the first film of the trilogy.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming