Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

I do love me some Vtm and I'll throw my name in the hat for a character, most likely a Toreador Poseur/socialite.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Are we playing up to the Clan Flaws? Malkavian and Nosferatu should be obvious, same as Toreador. But will Clan Tremere also be held to roleplaying their fanatical loyalty to the Clan, and will Clan Ventrue be hindered by their selective appetite? I won't even mention the Caitiff flaw ;-)

2. You mentioned wanting to see politics in the game. Does that mean you will have an elder/ancilla/neonate game? You also mentioned not wanting to have the city blown up:  if a character with a grudge against the Prince has a good enough scheme, gathers support and seizes praxis. Is that allowed? If not, what is the limit a character can aspire?

3. I understand the Prince is new, and will need a council. Are the primogen chosen IC by the players of the clans or will they be NPC'd?

I noticed this one already had been asked and answered!

4. If I read this right, there will be no character sheets? If we play that way, how do we determine if dominate effects another character? In the same vein: what is the generation cap? Will willpower come into play? And Frenzy checks? Will there be any, or is that determined by the player if s/he wants to frenzy or not?

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Imogen on July 23, 2013, 05:34:19 AM
I do love me some Vtm and I'll throw my name in the hat for a character, most likely a Toreador Poseur/socialite.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Are we playing up to the Clan Flaws? Malkavian and Nosferatu should be obvious, same as Toreador. But will Clan Tremere also be held to roleplaying their fanatical loyalty to the Clan, and will Clan Ventrue be hindered by their selective appetite? I won't even mention the Caitiff flaw ;-)

2. You mentioned wanting to see politics in the game. Does that mean you will have an elder/ancilla/neonate game? You also mentioned not wanting to have the city blown up:  if a character with a grudge against the Prince has a good enough scheme, gathers support and seizes praxis. Is that allowed? If not, what is the limit a character can aspire?

3. I understand the Prince is new, and will need a council. Are the primogen chosen IC by the players of the clans or will they be NPC'd?

I noticed this one already had been asked and answered!

4. If I read this right, there will be no character sheets? If we play that way, how do we determine if dominate effects another character? In the same vein: what is the generation cap? Will willpower come into play? And Frenzy checks? Will there be any, or is that determined by the player if s/he wants to frenzy or not?

1.) Yes, clan flaws will be played...It would not be fair to the nosferatu/malkies if they were the only ones stuck with playing their clan flaw because when you look at their clans it's the first thing you see.

2.) We are going to have elders, yes. Most of them will be NPC's, but they will be there. As far as a praxis seizure, allow me to be an epic downer. The prince will remain prince until such a time that myself and my co-gm thing he should no longer be in that position. It is one of the few ways that I can keep some control over the game. So at this point atleast, praxis seizures are going to be a no go. (Sorry for any pre game plan foiling I just did.) I'll post more details about the city positions later.

3.) It's all good...I knew people would ask about being primogen.

4.) There will be character sheets. I've been trying to say that for the past couple days. I haven't been home to have time to get them typed up and posted though. I'm home now, but it may be another day before I get them up.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Imogen

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 09:35:00 AM
1.) Yes, clan flaws will be played...It would not be fair to the nosferatu/malkies if they were the only ones stuck with playing their clan flaw because when you look at their clans it's the first thing you see.

2.) We are going to have elders, yes. Most of them will be NPC's, but they will be there. As far as a praxis seizure, allow me to be an epic downer. The prince will remain prince until such a time that myself and my co-gm thing he should no longer be in that position. It is one of the few ways that I can keep some control over the game. So at this point atleast, praxis seizures are going to be a no go. (Sorry for any pre game plan foiling I just did.) I'll post more details about the city positions later.

3.) It's all good...I knew people would ask about being primogen.

4.) There will be character sheets. I've been trying to say that for the past couple days. I haven't been home to have time to get them typed up and posted though. I'm home now, but it may be another day before I get them up.

Thank you very much for answering! And no worries,  I completely understand your position on the Praxis issue.

I look forward to seeing the character templates :-) (no rush, of course!)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

Alright you guys....this post is important. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS!

I understand that you all are excited for this game to start, and I am super thankful for that. I however acquired a load of extra crap to deal with in RL (May loose my place of residence.)

What I need from you guys is not to give up on me or the game. It will start, and when it does it's going to be really fun. The following is a list of a few things I should mention before I hop offline.

1.) No nudity in your character photos. Just don't do it. I don't care if your avi is some sweet lesbian loving, a guy sucking off another guy, or some hot interspecies erotica, just not for your character photo.

2.) ERP will be permitted, but in select areas. I really would rather not be in the middle of the Elysium thread trying to read through a bunch of politics, then tagged as "of in a dark corner" have a flood of ERP posts. I will make a couple threads where it will be permitted, please stick to those areas. Remember, the sooner we get to 1000 IC posts, the sooner we will have a 'big group' game with as many threads as we want.

3.) Bare with me. I'm new to running for more then 1 person. I've also never run a VtM game before. While I know the game, and the system, the aspects of running the game are kind of newish to me. I have help (my co-gm,) but we really haven't had time to sit down and discuss things. I need you all to be patient and not loose your enthusiasm and interest in the game.

4.) Character sheets, rules on disciplines, and other things like that will be posted ASAP. Like I said, I have some real life BS going on. And while if it was just me at risk of loosing my place of residence that would be one thing. I have a 2 year old son, and he needs a home. I have to make sure my responsibilities as a mother are taken care of before I can get back to posting my rules and formats for things on here. I'm sorry for the delay and I love you guys!

|

Imogen

Real life first, hun! I hope everything will work out!! *hug*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Robelwell202

Quote from: Imogen on July 23, 2013, 10:05:21 AM
Real life first, hun! I hope everything will work out!! *hug*

I second that.  Take care, Vampy!
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Vampyre Valkyrie

Just so everyone knows. Almost all of our capped clans are full (Settite is the only one left.) I really would like some basic clans to start getting members. I'm going to start taking tally of how many members of each of the clans we have and post them up in the clans list. That way people can see what clans we need and what clans will have quite a bit of activity.

|

Kolbrandr

I'm waiting for some more game information before I put any sort of concept together honestly.

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 09:57:10 AM
Alright you guys....this post is important. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS!

I understand that you all are excited for this game to start, and I am super thankful for that. I however acquired a load of extra crap to deal with in RL (May loose my place of residence.)

What I need from you guys is not to give up on me or the game. It will start, and when it does it's going to be really fun. The following is a list of a few things I should mention before I hop offline.

1.) No nudity in your character photos. Just don't do it. I don't care if your avi is some sweet lesbian loving, a guy sucking off another guy, or some hot interspecies erotica, just not for your character photo.

2.) ERP will be permitted, but in select areas. I really would rather not be in the middle of the Elysium thread trying to read through a bunch of politics, then tagged as "of in a dark corner" have a flood of ERP posts. I will make a couple threads where it will be permitted, please stick to those areas. Remember, the sooner we get to 1000 IC posts, the sooner we will have a 'big group' game with as many threads as we want.

3.) Bare with me. I'm new to running for more then 1 person. I've also never run a VtM game before. While I know the game, and the system, the aspects of running the game are kind of newish to me. I have help (my co-gm,) but we really haven't had time to sit down and discuss things. I need you all to be patient and not loose your enthusiasm and interest in the game.

4.) Character sheets, rules on disciplines, and other things like that will be posted ASAP. Like I said, I have some real life BS going on. And while if it was just me at risk of loosing my place of residence that would be one thing. I have a 2 year old son, and he needs a home. I have to make sure my responsibilities as a mother are taken care of before I can get back to posting my rules and formats for things on here. I'm sorry for the delay and I love you guys!

Number one rule in role play... Real life first! Take Care.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 23, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
I'm waiting for some more game information before I put any sort of concept together honestly.
I don't blame you, and I'm sorry this is taking longer then planned....I would just like to make sure I have a place I can sleep and use a computer before I really start posting things about the game :D

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
Number one rule in role play... Real life first! Take Care.
I love you Snix!

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 23, 2013, 05:58:21 PM
I don't blame you, and I'm sorry this is taking longer then planned....I would just like to make sure I have a place I can sleep and use a computer before I really start posting things about the game :D
I love you Snix!

I love me too. :D Wait.. What'd I do?
*looks nervous*

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
*looks nervous*
You are just nice to me...:P

|

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
*looks nervous*

*Waggles eyebrows disgustingly*

Nothing yet, but...  I'd be glad to help.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
*Waggles eyebrows disgustingly*

Nothing yet, but...  I'd be glad to help.

Ooo, I am so there!

AndyZ

I have ideas for both a Malkavian (if Imogen doesn't mind my reusing a char) and a Setite who's a brothel owner.  Are we full for Setites yet?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Imogen

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 07:18:10 PM
I have ideas for both a Malkavian (if Imogen doesn't mind my reusing a char) and a Setite who's a brothel owner.  Are we full for Setites yet?

Loved the char, would be great to see her again!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

AndyZ

Well, hard to resist that invitation.  We looking at the 20th Anniversary rules?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Robelwell202

Well, I'm set!   A person that will remain nameless

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
thesunmaid

helped me acquire the texts, so I've got some studying to do to reacquaint myself with the game.

:D

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

She said there was one slot open darlin.

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 07:26:07 PM
Well, I'm set!   A person that will remain nameless
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
thesunmaid
helped me acquire the texts, so I've got some studying to do to reacquaint myself with the game.
:D

Subtlety isn't your strong suit is it?
*falls over laughing*

RubySlippers

You can always join the fearsome and impressive Caitiff non-clan.  :D

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 23, 2013, 07:31:10 PM
Subtlety isn't your strong suit is it?

Well, the lady was kind enough to help me, so I feel like credit should go where it's due.

And, what's this 'Subtlety' thing you speak of, Earth Creature?

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 07:41:27 PM
Well, the lady was kind enough to help me, so I feel like credit should go where it's due.
And, what's this 'Subtlety' thing you speak of, Earth Creature?

*raises eyebrow*
Hmmm, no... No... I got nothin... I mean I do just... Not sure how many would mark as "appropriate" haha.

Vampyre Valkyrie

We have 1 settite slot left. If you want it, claim it quickly :D

Also, Rob and Snix you two crack me up.

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 07:23:05 PM
Well, hard to resist that invitation.  We looking at the 20th Anniversary rules?
Do 20th Anniversary edition rules still have gangrel as a clan?

|