Final Fantasy VI: Lost Magicite [UN]

Started by Lunaris, February 20, 2009, 12:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creeper

I'm cool with you in the leadership position. Lords know my character won't be.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Lunaris

Quote from: Creeper on February 28, 2009, 03:34:33 AM
That's fine, but I'd rather my character be capable of Rage at the start of the game. I'm willing to tweak it's origin accordingly. So I might be better suited to the second plot. I donno.

Templates are fine and dandy like cotton candy.

After reading the wiki, I've noticed that it says after magitech infusion succeeded on Celes, all soldiers were required to undergo the process. General Leo seems to be an exception to the rule as his sword skill is pretty much legendary and he declined it.

So...looks like the continent characters *can* start with classes and magic (to a very small degree). That means your Gau character could work in either plot, Creeper!

The catch is that the Hidden continent soldiers will not be as initially powerful (as far as magic and raw power go) as the escaped experiments (who will in some ways be artificial espers as a result). They'll certainly be more experienced and skilled, though.

Depending on your character's moral standing, Paladin, (especially if they've done bad things in service of the Empire), Knight might be a better choice. Or the character could even pull a Cecil and go from Knight ---> Paladin if the story gives them a chance. :)

I'll finish tweaking the template and post it up when I get back from work (tomorrow morning/afternoon. My shifts are horrifically long). :)

Creeper

Rawkin. I'll stick with the first group then.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Paladin

Quote from: Lunaris on February 28, 2009, 04:44:20 PM
After reading the wiki, I've noticed that it says after magitech infusion succeeded on Celes, all soldiers were required to undergo the process. General Leo seems to be an exception to the rule as his sword skill is pretty much legendary and he declined it.

So...looks like the continent characters *can* start with classes and magic (to a very small degree). That means your Gau character could work in either plot, Creeper!

The catch is that the Hidden continent soldiers will not be as initially powerful (as far as magic and raw power go) as the escaped experiments (who will in some ways be artificial espers as a result). They'll certainly be more experienced and skilled, though.

Depending on your character's moral standing, Paladin, (especially if they've done bad things in service of the Empire), Knight might be a better choice. Or the character could even pull a Cecil and go from Knight ---> Paladin if the story gives them a chance. :)

I'll finish tweaking the template and post it up when I get back from work (tomorrow morning/afternoon. My shifts are horrifically long). :)

Umm yea thats what I was thinking. Also its kind of Like Leo. No Magicite Infusion for my guy just Pure Skill, and yea I want the Dark Knight to Paladin storyline Please. ;)

Dizzied

Quote from: Paladin on February 28, 2009, 02:59:32 PM
I was going to make a knight or Paladin of course. ;)  I really don't care who's incharge just be aware I'll probably be trouble for ya.

Sounds fun ^_~

I'm guessing that we can't requisition magitek armor, can we?  If thats the case, I'll start mostly as a physical fighter, with just a bit of magic skill.

Lunaris

Sure, Paladin. I just hope you intend for some original twists and turns in it. :p

I actually intended for the lab escapees to go through a portion of their escape with the use of magitech armor (also potential for silliness since the untrained would need to be taught to use it). But...the Sealed Continent mission is important, so I suppose some MT armor can be snuck onto their ship. It'll likely be destroyed or abandoned at some point, though. Magitech Armor = Easy Mode.

And now for the Template!

QuoteName:

Height:

Weight:

Eye Color:

Hair Color:

Skin Tone: 

Class:

Physical Description:

(Portraits and/or worded descriptions can go here to tell us of your characters' looks and dress style)

Background Notes:

(Or history. Self-explanatory, right?)

Paladin

Quote from: Lunaris on March 01, 2009, 07:02:13 PM
Sure, Paladin. I just hope you intend for some original twists and turns in it. :p

Well thats for me and you to work out. ;)

Limoncello

So yeah....we send these to you right?
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Lunaris

Update on status. I've received concepts and sheets from Teno, Dizzied, and Creeper thus far! Are you others still interested in this?

Limoncello

Yuppers I am just trying to figure out what I should be. Any suggestions would be awesome
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Dizzied

Well, Cello, what do you like to play?  You could be a researcher sent to study the continent, or a soldier who's part of the company.  Maybe even a news reporter who's there to let the citizens know how things are going?  Unless this is a top secret mission.

Medic, scout or spy...heck, there might even be a topographer with us to map the hidden continent.  Anything striking your fancy?

Lunaris

The mission is sort of spec-ops, yesh, and while I have sincere doubts about reporters (I don't think there's any TV or radio, anyways) being sent on a such an important mission, there certainly is room for combat, recon, and support types! If you're wondering about it, you could talk to your fellow authors and ask what they'd like to have with them.

So far, I think paladin is...well...going for a paladin (dark knight in the beginning), Creeper wants to go for some sort of wild battle rager, and Dizzied wants to use a whip-using Rune Knight. That to me sounds like a party that has offense covered very, very well but may need some support with items or magic.

Paladin

Umm Sorry guys. I'm sick right now. Next week though is spring break. I'll try to get stuff written up then.

ashia starstreak

Upon your journey I'm sure you will meet espers and encounter new enemies. If ever imagination calls for need of someone to take the role of a npc* I am willing to do so. Perhaps a "boss" or battle scene..maybe even the stubborn "boss" that the heroes encounter more than once upon their journey.

I am constantly at work.. recently I became popular with friends..so a small part here and there would be perfect...but if ever I am too slow, leave me a message and I will catch up.

I wish you best of luck in your story. A fantasy setting is one of my favorites.

npc* = none playable character

For fun..I suppose I'll fill out the template..

Name: Ashia Starstreak

Height: 4'9"

Weight: 96 lbs.

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color: Ebony (black)

Skin Tone:  healthy peach

Class: Esperian Race/carnivorous/Reptilian

Physical Description:

Background Notes:

Shortest Summary of Ashia's past
Ashia..is a summon. From long years pass, she was left behind to wander around, when she was found missing the "Knights of Round" came to bring her back into their new home, to be where she belonged. Before they got the doors open they died (battle) in front of the mighty pass. Ashia being only 6 at the time had no idea how to open the doors, so her and her "brother" went to try to blend with humans. They failed and "brother" was killed. Ashia has been struggling to fit in, but never can quite make it. She was finally accepted by Cid. He was her friend, teacher, and love. Unfortunately they had problems, Ashia being the source of many of the problems, left with their son and has been trying to make it back into society, still she struggles. Her past being a battle, she has learned many things from Cid. Faithfulness, Self-respect, Inner Strength, now only if she could rid herself free from her past mistakes that never seem to cease haunting her...

I got carried away..my apologies.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."