Started by Moraline, September 03, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

BTS moves to it's NEW home...

[ BTS ] Beyond The Supernatural - IC
[ BTS ] Beyond The Supernatural - OOC

[ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC

Beyond The Supernatural

This thread is for game related OOC banter and metainformation.

• Please ask lots of questions. This game will partially be dependent on questions asked.
  • The GM will tell you when a roll is needed for something and what is to be rolled, generally just a random 1-100 number. *See below for the dicebot tutorial spoiler   
  • All player character profiles are contained in the second post. 
  • Link below for IC thread.
  • ... possibly more information to come 
  •    

Dicebot Images/Explanation

*Click Images to enlarge and again to shrink it back up.

Step 1: Find the Dicebot. (Or click this link here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php)

Step 2: The layout of the land, adding - character name and random number range.

Step 3: Filled out example.

Step 4: The results.

Step 5: Getting a line of code to copy into your post to display your results to the world.

- What it will look like if someone clicks on the link in your post. -

Links: 
[ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
[ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)  (Non-Adult, What happened when Maggie and Robert were pulled into the Darkness)

Moraline

Neela Roland
Player Name: Rainy High
Description: Starting age is 16. Neela is an Eastern Indian raised in America from a young age. She has long brown straight hair, brown eyes, and light caramel colored skin. She starts in the story as being 4'11" tall and 120 pounds.

Clichés 
Basketball
Soccer
Hair and Make-Up
Cooking

Tools
Wallet, mascara, lip gloss, cell phone.

Hooks
Neela is a optimistic person. She believes as long as your body and mind are healthy your life is good. Neela's greatest fear as the story sets out is that she will not make the starting line for her basketball team because she is too short. Neela's religious views are Christian as the story sets out. She is raised Christian by her adoptive family. In the classroom, Neela is serious about her studies; she will joke from time to time but not as often as she would outside the classroom. At school (not inside a classroom), Neela is chatty with her close friends and smiles at most people including kids that growl at the sight of anything moving. Friendly is how most people would describe her. She is shy when meeting people but once she knows them; she can talk their ear off.

Tales
Neela was born in India and given up for adoption at the age of two. The Roland family took her to America shortly after and her home has been with them ever since. As a child Neela was bony had braces and huge eyeglasses. It was not until she was 13 that she began to wear cool eyeglasses, her braces were gone and she finally stopped looking like skin and bones.

When she was 6 years old, Neela went to the lake with her family. She was sitting on the shore watching strange scorpion like bugs crawling around. When she told her mother about them, her mother told her she was seeing things. One bit Neela the same day and her mother told her she must have mistaken the scorpion like bugs for something else. Scorpions did not exist in their area of the country. However, Neela was not faking the burning sensation in her foot after being bit.

Maggie Foss
Player Name: Ixy
Description: At age 15, Mags is a long-limbed, slender girl with coppery hair and pale skin.  Tomboyish and self-conscious, she goes to great lengths to avoid being the center of attention in class, social events, and in the streets.  She carries her thin shoulders low, frequently dons a worn-out ballcap low over her eyes, and hugs a denim jacket close to her when she sleeps through class, lingers in the back of the bus, or glances up uncomfortably between sentences as she passes you in the hall.

Clichés

• Outdoorsy
  • Street-smart
  • Music: guitar, voice (rock)
  • Vocational: shop, repair, improvement
  • Cross-country runner
  • Sneaky

Tools:

• Sharpie
  • Boots
  • Denim Jacket
  • Walkman
  • Gym bag/shoes

Hooks:

Maggie picks up the slack for her deadbeat mother and incarcerated father, working hours after school to provide for them and cleaning bottles from their two-bedroom apartment by herself before her kid siblings get there.   She's a teenage girl in most ways-- she gets crushes, she listens to music, she is self-conscious and she's impulsively emotional-- but in a lot of ways she has had to grow up quickly, forfeiting free time, self-development, and much-needed socializing.  Still, she carries it silently, stays to the fringes and gets by as best she can.  Cross-country is a big 'escape' for her, and she loves to lose herself in the music through her headphones as she runs, tuning out the world, disappearing into her own head while the world glides by one stride at a time.

Tales:

• Before her father was incarcerated, Mags' family camped out often, and she was often expected to tag along on his hunting trips.  She learned that she was sneaky enough to 'lose' her step-father eventually, and finally did so successfully at age 11.  Her father had drug her along on a particularly bad autumn trip in early deer season (her least favorite, as she loved deer), so-- under-supplied and miserable, she took her father's ammunition and disappeared into the forest one night.  Forest rangers were combing the woods and were prepared to alert authorities the next day when it was discovered that Mags, comfortable and safe, was at the family's apartment in the city, thirty-seven miles away from the woods where she'd left the hunt.
  • Mags joined the cross-country team last year as part of an agreement with a few faculty members at the school, who convinced her mother that the frequently-suspended girl needed to participate in an after-school activity to appease social workers who were threatening to take her from her home due to her truency and low academic performance.  In truth, Mags joined the team because it is the only break she gets from home.  She is avoiding her alcoholic mother who, without her husband's income since his 4-year sentence for assault and drunken/disorderly conduct, has increasingly demanded that Mags step up her hours at an after-school job to help 'make ends meet' (though she refuses to seek employment herself).  Mags still works between 20 and 40 hours a week after school and on weekends at a grocery store (her work permit is, actually, in jeopardy) and is occasionally paid 'under the table' to help overnight at a local garage... as such, she sleeps through most of her classes.
  • Her favorite place to go with her friends is a stretch of railroad-owned land, mostly just empty fields and a creek, she calls 'the barrens'.  She know where a break in a fence can be found and, on warmer nights, has even camped out there.  She met Grace, a homeless woman, there early one Spring.  She told Mags stories about her life, about working in a store in the rural South, about how her husband had locked her in an asylum until Reagan shut them all down and she was on the street, how she'd had a dog named Lad when she was a girl.  Then, one day, Mags returned to the barrens and found police there, so she stayed clear. A newspaper blurb the next day indicated that the homeless woman, Grace Carver, had been found dead at that spot.  Apparently, she'd been dead most of the winter, and was only found because of the smell when the thaw came.  Mags distinctly remembered conversing with her only two days prior.

Alfred "Al" Birche
Player Name: TheHangedMan
Description: 14. Short brown hair (crew cut), sad brown eyes. Somewhat short, slightly chubby.
Clichés

• Video Games 
  • Reading 
  • Writing   
  • Music (Plays the flute)
  • Loves animals

Tools:

• Pan Flute (kept in a small carrying case)
  • Playstation Portable
  • Paperback of Lord of the Flies
Hooks:

• Shy, and tends towards solitary activities.
  • Tends to freeze up like a rabbit when frightened. 
  • Fairly precocious.
  • When he speaks, it's often with a surprising degree of eloquence and sharp intellect for one so young.

Tales:

• Originally born into an abusive family. Wound up in the foster care system at the age of 8. Currently living with his third 'family'. Because of his constant moving around, and being subjected to new environments full of new people, Al has a tendency towards shyness and isolation. He's always expecting to be uprooted once again, so why bother sticking roots in the ground?
  • Once stood up to a bully at the age of 13, who was picking on someone else. Wound up with a broken left arm during the altercation, but broke the bully's nose and blackened both of his eyes. Consequently, he has earned a somewhat undeserved reputation for violence, which is further enforced by his loner tendencies.
  • Recently took in a kitten off the streets he found. It was half-blind and nearly dead from starvation, the mother either killed or having abandoned it; he wasn't sure which. However, he nursed the kitten back to health, with permission from his foster parents, and continues to take good care of it, finding much in common with the animal.

Read the oath. I think it's kind of silly that people actually need an oath, because I believe in self-accountability... but yes, "I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake".[/list]

Jeong Soo-Jin
Player Name: Lithium
Description: Jin is fifteen, of full Korean descent and has brown eyes and hair. She's relatively short and petite but has already developed some curves which help her to look maybe a year or two older. She's not obsessed with her appearance, but she does generally try to look nice, and may even try to impress on a special occasion.

Clichés

• School, especially physics, math and chemistry
  • Chess
  • Gaming
  • Soccer
  • Playing piano
  • Reading
  • Movies

Tools:
  • Smartphone
  • Laptop
  • Soccer goalkeeper gloves
  • Whatever latest book she's reading

Hooks: Jin is a very focused, determined girl with rather high standards. She's smart, learns quickly and is naturally talented in several areas, so she tends to be condescending to others pretty often, usually not even intentionally. She just expresses herself quite directly most of the time and doesn't really consider the feelings of those that she's talking to until it's too late. She's sarcastic, cynical and pessimistic a lot of the time, thought that's not to be confused with always being serious, because she does like to have fun as well. She can also be quite bossy and controlling. All in all, Jin's personality has made her a polarizing personality at school. Some people who enjoy having somebody to follow rather than leading themselves like her, then there are others who fear and/or love and/or worship her for how seemingly amazing she is at a lot of things, and finally there are also those who dislike her to varying degrees for a number of different reasons.

She's very proper when she speaks and doesn't like to swear. Also, Jin kind of likes attention even if she pretends to not really care.

Tales

• When Jin went to sign up for the soccer team, the woman handling the registrations told her that she wouldn't make a good keeper because of her size, which is precisely why she insisted on the position just to prove her wrong. She's really vocal on the field during games and in practice, often acting like the captain even though she technically isn't. If not for the fact that the captain title was always given to one of the older girls, however, she probably would have already gotten it.
  • Her parents are devout Catholics and raised Jin to be one too, but at fourteen she had a huge debate with them when she admitted that she hated it and didn't believe any of it made any sense. It ended with her coming out about her atheism and her parents barely speaking to her for weeks after she refused to continue going to church.
  • Jin's most traumatizing experience was when she pissed off a bully at school by picking apart something that the other girl had said...which lead to her getting beat up in the locker room after gym class (luckily it was just the two of them so nobody else saw). She did get her revenge by getting the other girl expelled, though.

Robert Long
Player Name: London
Description: Starting at age 14. Standing 5’3” and weighing 123lbs, Robert is a thin teenager with dark black hair and deep emerald green eyes. Normally dressed in an old army coat, it’s hard to tell much about him. He looks like most teenagers that live on the street.

Clichés

• Gaming
  • Skateboarding
  • History Club
  • Drama Club
  • Sneaky

Tools:

• Skateboard
  • Old Army Jacket
  • Smart Phone
  • Backpack

Hooks:
Although impossible to tell just from looking at him, Robert comes from a very wealthy family. Being the youngest of four children, he has always been left behind and felt forgotten by most of his family. Even though he comes from money, he is nothing like his older sibling and flashing it around. Although he always has money in his pocket, he would be more likely to buy something for someone and give it to them without them knowing. Having always been independent, he has grown into a teen that feels like he doesn’t need anyone. This is far from the truth. Robert stays in the shadows most of the time, but truly enjoys acting in the Drama Club.

Tales:
When Robert was ten, he had met a group of skateboards that took him under their wing. Teaching him how to ride a skateboard at first, he also learned how to sneak out of the house. It wasn’t until he came home in the early hours of the morning and ran into his father that he realized that no one even missed him. Over the years, he became so skilled in sneaking around he started staying out more and more until he was barely home at all.

Going on vacation with his family one year, Robert slipped away from the others to ride his skateboard. Rolling down the boardwalk, he kicked his board up to walk under one of the piers. Seeing a girl around his own age playing in the sand, he moved closer to talk to her. Laughing with her for the longest time, he looked up when he heard his older sister yelling his name. Watching her walk over, his sister asked him when he had started making sand castles. Looking back to the castle the girl had been working, she had disappeared. His sister pulled him away telling him that everyone was waiting for him to go to dinner. As they walked away, Robert looked back over his shoulder, seeing the girl smile at him before vanishing before his eyes.

Moraline

Discussion of character friendships:

Neela (RainyHigh) & Jin (Lithium) are on the soccer team together. So they know each other through that.

Neela & Jin know Maggie (Ixy) because Maggie is on the cross-country running team and sometimes the soccer club has to go running with them for training.

Jin & Maggie are in the same classes.

Plus Maggie is always working at "The Fresh." A little indoor/outdoor cafe next to the strip mall. So everyone knows her from there.

Al (TheHangedMan) knows Robert (London) because they bump into each other on the streets from time to time and have a mutual interest in video games.

Al & Robert are in the same classes.

How does that sound? I suggest that everyone knows each other in passing but are maybe not really friends yet.

Where does Maggie work? *I was thinking she works at an outdoor food court on the side of a shopping mall?

IC - Beginning Posting Stuff -

Scenario 1 - Chapter 1 - The Night Terrors

• We begin at midnight as you wake.
  • This is the 7th night in a row this dream has woke you up but the first night you got out of bed.
  • Some of you have the urge to call one of the others. Also you can't shake the feeling the all of the others were in your dream (even if you don't know them that well.)
  • If you explore your homes you'll find all your family is gone.
  • Everyone roll a perception check. This will determine if your character notices that outside there is not a single person, no people sounds in the distance, or animal sounds.

• The roll is from 1-100.
    • Put the results directly under your Tag in your post.
    • If you roll under a 50 then you notice. If you roll 51+ then you fail to notice that there is NO ONE outside.
    • Let your post reflect your results.
  • Special note: Al (TheHangedMan), your kitty is with you in your room and he/she will follow you around.
  • Environment note: The city is a large sprawling city(think San Diego or LA like) with busy downtown core and all of that stuff. Everyone lives in and around the burbs, basically a ways outside the city core.
  • Time: It's late September but it's still very warm and humid out.

TheHangedOne

Makes sense to me, so I'm cool with it if London is.

I'll try to get a post up some time either in the next hour or, if not, then tomorrow morning (since I'll be gone all night tonight, and chilling with some friends).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ixy

I think that the connections make perfect sense. I will be referring back to them often.

Let's call Maggie's work place "The Fresh" or something suitably cheesy like that-- she can bus and wait tables after school, or do later-night cleaning, prep work for the next morning, etc.  Plus, there's always weekends.  Her schedule can be whatever works out.

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 03, 2013, 06:18:19 PM
I think that the connections make perfect sense. I will be referring back to them often.

Let's call Maggie's work place "The Fresh" or something suitably cheesy like that-- she can bus and wait tables after school, or do later-night cleaning, prep work for the next morning, etc.  Plus, there's always weekends.  Her schedule can be whatever works out.
I updated the name to "The Fresh." An indoor/outdoor cafe next to the strip mall.

If anyone has read my little dicebot tutorial and still needs some assistance just shoot me a PM.

London

I don't mind at all HangedMan. It makes perfect sense to me too.

I'll post in a few minutes.

RainyHigh

I am working over time today so you may have to excuse me from the first round.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 04, 2013, 09:14:40 AM
I am working over time today so you may have to excuse me from the first round.
Take your time, get your post up when you can. We are just letting people get the feel for their characters and the world around them.

Nothing really major happens until this Saturday. 

On Saturday, I will have the expectation of players asking lots of questions, the posts being much shorter, dice rolling, and me putting up a lot of little GM posts.

*Note: If anyone can't make the fast paced Saturday GM guided posting then shot me a quick PM and we'll work something out.

London

Since Moraline already knows, I thought I would let everyone else know that I won't be in town this weekend. I'll be leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday evening.

Moraline

Quote from: London on September 04, 2013, 02:48:04 PM
Since Moraline already knows, I thought I would let everyone else know that I won't be in town this weekend. I'll be leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday evening.
That's cool. I'll just be writing you out of the scene for Saturday and you and I will do your event solo.

London

Cool deal. Just let me know when it's ready.

Moraline

GM NOTE:

Before we head into Saturday I need you all to PM me somethings.

1)  I want each of you to pick your own image of a Fae/Demon/Monster/etc... (Human sized roughly and between like 6 inches - 9 feet tall.)  Pick something that you like for whatever reason and PM it to me (also, in the simplest terms, tell me why you like it in the PM. One or two words is all that's needed.)

2) Tell me a super short story from your characters past that possible involves their biggest fears, or inner most feelings. It can actually be anything deeply emotional for the character. All I need is a line or two.

Moraline

Quote from: Moraline on September 05, 2013, 07:24:40 AM

GM NOTE:

Before we head into Saturday I need you all to PM me somethings.

1)  I want each of you to pick your own image of a Fae/Demon/Monster/etc... (Human sized roughly and between like 6 inches - 9 feet tall.)  Pick something that you like for whatever reason and PM it to me (also, in the simplest terms, tell me why you like it in the PM. One or two words is all that's needed.)

2) Tell me a super short story from your characters past that possible involves their biggest fears, or inner most feelings. It can actually be anything deeply emotional for the character. All I need is a line or two.

*EDIT*

GM Update:   

First Event Begins Saturday, about 5 pm (-5 GMT, EST North America) <That's about 2pm PST for West Coast US>.
I will probably start earlier but it will be 5pm at the latest. If everyone is around earlier that's great, if not that's cool too. We'll just be going with the flow.

London

I'll be going out of town in a few short hours but thought I had better do this now while I'm thinking about it.

Moraline, I'm handing control of Robert over to you while I'm gone. I should be back Sunday evening.

I hope everyone has a lot of fun Saturday.

Moraline

Quote from: London on September 06, 2013, 05:08:23 AM
I'll be going out of town in a few short hours but thought I had better do this now while I'm thinking about it.

Moraline, I'm handing control of Robert over to you while I'm gone. I should be back Sunday evening.

I hope everyone has a lot of fun Saturday.
No problem, we discussed my intention with your character. I'll try not to rough him up too much. HAHA

Moraline

Just want to make sure that everyone gets their posts up and characters to the School building with the others.

Chapter 2 - It's Just My Imagination... (Click me to go to post)

In front of the school will be our starting point for tomorrow's RP.

Moraline

Quote from: Moraline on September 06, 2013, 07:48:00 PM

Just want to make sure that everyone gets their posts up and characters to the School building with the others.

Chapter 2 - It's Just My Imagination... (Click me to go to post)

In front of the school will be our starting point for tomorrow's RP.

Today's RP:

• Begin by getting all the characters together. I believe Maggie is going to try to run into the school.   
  • It's night. The school doors are locked and most likely chained up on the inside. The windows are either barred or have those little wires in them to keep them from breaking.   
  • Make your posts. Keep them SHORT(so we can move fast) and every action should come with a question here in OOC for me.
    You won't need to ask if you pick up your iPhone if you drop it but you should ask if the door ahead of you is locked when you try to turn it. Or if you want to look into a closet you should ask about it before you attempt it, etc...
    The primary philosophy here is that you are going to "attempt/try" every major action and I will tell you if it can happen and/or if you need to make a roll on it.   
  • I'll be making GM posts periodically in between player posts but for certain at the end of every posting rotation. So from here on out today, I'm in the posting rotation.
  • Small environment points to keep in mind
    It's dark, there is a mist/fog everywhere so the sky is pretty much pitch black.
    The surrounding city just looks like suddenly everyone vanished from it. Not even animals around (except Al's kitty). So a few odd lights are on and what would normally be open is open and what would normally be closed is closed. 
  • In front of the school the shadows now are no longer warped, instead they appear to be rippling in slow waves.   
  • *NOTE* As soon as everyone gets caught up to the school I'll make the first GM post of the day.
    I think we are just waiting on RainyHigh(Neela) to catch up but she's waiting on Lithium(Jin) to respond to a text.   
  • YIM - If anyone wants my YIM to ask questions, just send me a PM with your YIM address in it and I'll add you to my lists. 
  • <I'll add to this if needed in the next few minutes if anyone has any questions?>   

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 02:56:12 PM
I am prepared! And early.  8-)
Feel free to make a post to bring you right up to the other people if you like.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Moraline on September 07, 2013, 03:21:55 PM
Feel free to make a post to bring you right up to the other people if you like.
Can we just presume he is with them, and out of breath? Since I'd rather not double post.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

I should have a post up soon hangedman.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

RainyHigh and you can come in together. That way everyone will be starting on the same page, if that's okay?

As soon as she posts I'll come in make a GM post.

Ixy

Ok-- I'll give anyone else a chance to reply before Maggie hits the door and finds it locked, and will be good to go.  There will be a point at about 5:20 PM when I'll need to take a 10 minute break or so.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Moraline on September 07, 2013, 03:59:42 PM
RainyHigh and you can come in together. That way everyone will be starting on the same page, if that's okay?

As soon as she posts I'll come in make a GM post.
Okay.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

It's a good thing I didn't write about entering the building. XD
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Just transferring this over here to keep it in peoples minds - Please make sure you've read it.

Quote from: Moraline on September 07, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

Today's RP:

• Begin by getting all the characters together. I believe Maggie is going to try to run into the school.   
  • It's night. The school doors are locked and most likely chained up on the inside. The windows are either barred or have those little wires in them to keep them from breaking.   
  • Make your posts. Keep them SHORT(so we can move fast) and every action should come with a question here in OOC for me.
    You won't need to ask if you pick up your iPhone if you drop it but you should ask if the door ahead of you is locked when you try to turn it. Or if you want to look into a closet you should ask about it before you attempt it, etc...
    The primary philosophy here is that you are going to "attempt/try" every major action and I will tell you if it can happen and/or if you need to make a roll on it.   
  • I'll be making GM posts periodically in between player posts but for certain at the end of every posting rotation. So from here on out today, I'm in the posting rotation.
  • Small environment points to keep in mind
    It's dark, there is a mist/fog everywhere so the sky is pretty much pitch black.
    The surrounding city just looks like suddenly everyone vanished from it. Not even animals around (except Al's kitty). So a few odd lights are on and what would normally be open is open and what would normally be closed is closed. 
  • In front of the school the shadows now are no longer warped, instead they appear to be rippling in slow waves.   
  • *NOTE* As soon as everyone gets caught up to the school I'll make the first GM post of the day.
    I think we are just waiting on RainyHigh(Neela) to catch up but she's waiting on Lithium(Jin) to respond to a text.   
  • YIM - If anyone wants my YIM to ask questions, just send me a PM with your YIM address in it and I'll add you to my lists. 
  • <I'll add to this if needed in the next few minutes if anyone has any questions?>   

RainyHigh

Question is Soo-Jin and everyone on the same side of the school or on opposite ends?
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

You are all now together. In front of a door that Maggie is going to try and open.

Moraline

Once you all post after me, we'll start to use it as the posting order.

Ixy
RainyHigh
TheHangedMan
Lithium
GM
(temp-NPC-Robert)

Moraline

After I post...

@ Ixy - You just know in your heart that if you try that door one more time it'll open.

Roll the dice 1-100.

If you get less then 50 the door clicks open just as your hand is within a few millimeters from it. It's something that only you can notice.

If you roll 51+ The door collapses inward as if something unseen yet powerful moved in front of you, put it's shoulder into it and the door buckled under the pressure. The door will totally collapse inwards.

*edited to improve clarity*

Moraline

*Don't forget to link your rolls at the start of your posts*

Moraline

NOTICE:  Ixy was unexpectedly called away and is having difficulties trying to keep up via cellphone. She is going to be unable to continue tonight.  I'll be carrying on with her and London during the course of the week to finish them out.

That means that I'll be writing her out of the scene.

After I post...

@ Everyone - You can make your posts a little longer. Have them lead up to the room, assuming your character decides to investigate and maybe help the boy that's at first unseen. Go ahead and cover all the noises and first sights.

@ TheHangedMan - As the next scene unfolds and you arrive at the classroom....

When it's your turn, Roll the Dice 1-100.

1-50 - you'll remember a name, Gwyn ap Nudd. A pair of eyes exactly like his that you suddenly remember from every nightmare you've ever had in your life. The eyes of the abusive man who pretended to be your birth father. A memory that you tried to block out but haunted your dreams over and over your whole life. Gwyn ap Nudd was his real name and not Mr Birche.

51-75 - You just know if you speak that name out loud the Goblin will focus on you. It will come for you. He'll beat you, lock you in broom closet.. He'll He'll... hurt you. It's probably the most frightening thing you could possibly imagine.

76-100 - In your heart you know you can stand up to him.  Roll again 1-100 (add this roll to the bottom of your post)

Moraline

Sorry for my posting delays there. I had to write a GM post and two characters. I got rid of one of them and I'll write the other one out soon as well. That will speed my posts back up.

@RainyHigh - It's your turn to post now.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 07:26:16 PM
I think she disappeared? ???
Her profile says she was just here/logged in a minute ago. I'm sure she's just working on her post. We'll give her a few more minutes.

Any questions about my post? It might have been a bit rushed so I'm not sure if it came out clearly.

TheHangedOne

Ahh, maybe she's invisible. That always goofs me up.

I found the post perfectly clear. No questions.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

After my post... This time: Jin posts first, Al, then Neela

@ Jin - Instinct will tell you to raise your shield arm to block and block his attack you will.

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - You feel the projection of your will. In your heart you know that it's all you. It makes no sense but it's like your arm represents a shield. In affect you can even sense it - Like an over-sized roman legionaries shield. In your heart and mind you can picture every layer of metal and if you just hold it up IT WILL PROTECT YOU! One foot slides behind the other and your body will brace for impact. You are strong, you are The Warrior!

51-75 - The bloody goblin sword/machete comes down with wildly insane ferocity. All of the above is true but it can't be real and this is insanity to even think it. The shield blocks that blow but you feel it shatter like glass. Only you can see it and only you can feel it but it hurts as if someone just kicked you in the gut.

76-100 - You can like just Karate kick/punt that little son of a bitch! If you want to then go for it. He'll bounce across that room like a rubber ball. It won't kill him as he'll just get right back up from it but damn it'll feel good.

@ Al - It occurs to you that Gwyn ap Nudd is going to kill Jin or one of your other friends. He's your nightmare. Hell it's not even a nightmare... It's all coming back to you...

You'll remember a name, Gwyn ap Nudd. A pair of eyes exactly like his that you suddenly remember from every nightmare you've ever had in your life. The eyes of the abusive man who pretended to be your birth father. A memory that you tried to block out but haunted your dreams over and over your whole life. Gwyn ap Nudd was his real name and not Mr Birche.

*If you could just get behind him, maybe you could just wrap your arms around him and stop him from swining his sword. Of course you have no idea what to do after that but I'm sure someone else will think of something.

It occurs to you that if this was a dream then you could just will yourself behind him...

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - You know in your heart and mind that you can do it. With a single step forward you appear to others like you walk into nothingness and disappear with some sort of spectacular effects (up to you). When you pass through you feel the cool of the mists and it's like a long blink and a long heart beat then you step out on the other side, right behind the Goblin.Grab him!

51-100 - It happens the same as above but in that heartbeat between steps when you are neither here nor there you see the same classroom and hall but it's all blackened, burned, the stone is crumbling, and twisted looking things seem to pour out of every crack and rampage down the halls after you.

Then a woman's arms wrap around you. Her skin is softer then anything you could have imagined, her long white hair spills out over your shoulders like gossamer silk, and together you both step out behind the Goblin! Grab him!

@ Neela - If only it wasn't so dark in here. You can tell that the shadows are closing in. The others don't notice it but you do. They are coming and as you look on they swallow Maggie, her feet are pulled out from under her and she's dragged back into the darkness.

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - If you reach out for Maggie in that moment a pulse of bright light like a flash explodes from your hand. It drives back the shadows like a flaming fiery back-draft. It's pure white light pulses a few times down the halls. Maggie is gone but you see with clarity little cat like eyes, black shapes like centipedes that scatter when the light strikes.

51-100 - If you reach out for Maggie in that moment a tiny point of light forms in front of you (feel free to add some other little effects if you wish) When it's fully forms it remains a tiny point of light shining like a beacon, it's pure white light radiating warmth like the light of a summer sun.  It's pure white light pulses a few times down the halls. Maggie is gone but you see with clarity little cat like eyes, black shapes like centipedes that scatter when the light strikes.

RainyHigh

Crap should I erase my previous post and do a new one Moraline?
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 07, 2013, 08:29:21 PM
Crap should I erase my previous post and do a new one Moraline?
Nope it's okay. I worked it into the story.

Sorry took a moment to get the Maggie post up too. I almost forgot her. LOL

I pulled Maggie and Neela back out into the hall with each other.

RainyHigh

So I post after the Jin and Al correct?
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

TheHangedOne

Taking a bit of initiative with my post... if that's not cool, just say the word, Moraline. You know I'm flexible.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 09:07:06 PM
Taking a bit of initiative with my post... if that's not cool, just say the word, Moraline. You know I'm flexible.  :-)
It was good!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Hey I am on the dice bot but do we leave everything in the fields at default or change anything?
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

"Dice" should be 1 and "Sides" should be 100
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

He is correct.

If you need additional help with it. I created a little 5 step simple tutorial for the Dicebots basic usage or pop back in here.

Dicebot Tutorial (simple version)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184389.0

RainyHigh

Ok thanks I didn't know what side to set it to.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

After my post...

We'll continue with the current posting order of:  Jin, Al, Neela

@ Jin - Roll dice 1-100

1-50 - Your attacker's moves are so fast that it's clear you should just drop your shield and give up. You might as well just give up or die.

51-100 - You notice that it moves like you do. It is precise and almost seems to mimic you. If you choose not to brace for impact it won't strike. If you pull back it pulls back and observes you.

@ Al - If you listen to her, or when you listen to her...

Roll Dice 1-100

1-10  - You are able to lock eyes right away and with total confidence you are able to stare him down!
11-50 - As you lock eyes, a shimmering ghost like mask forms in front of your face. Although you can not see it's visage the look in Gwyn ap Nudd's eyes says it all. He freezes, paralyzed with fear. The goblins eyes almost bulge out of it's head and the sword clatters to the floor.
51-90 - You just can't lock eyes with it. No matter how hard you try. There is so much resentment and rage towards that thing that you just want to bash it's skull in.  The mask appears before your face, frightening, ghostly, and from behind it, it almost looks like it's roaring with you - a reflection of your rage.
91-100 - You have total control over the Fear Mask. It will roar when you want it to, it will send a paralyzing wave of fear out over Gwyn ap Nudd. You have so much control that you can make the little Goblin dance like a puppet. It's weak little mind is completely under your control.

@ Neela - Roll Dice 1-100

1-30  - That thing that faces you has no control no matter how compelling it is.
31-50 - In your heart you know it can't be trusted. What it's asking you to do is wrong. You should blast it with a wave of light. At the very least that will blind it for a few moments.
51-75 - You can see it for what it is and you don't care. It's the heart of temptation and for a few moments maybe you'll just go along with it. After all this is probably just a dream. It would be easier to go along with it.
76-100 - It is the heart of temptation and it's words are poison. Demand that it back off, tell it to go away! In your heart you know that you have the power. Whatever you tell it to do, it will begin doing it.

Moraline

(( It's now past the initial scheduled time. I'm going to keep going until someone chooses to retire for the evening.

If we stop for the evening then we will just continue on with slower regular posting but in the same format as this. ))

Ixy

Hi... I wanted to apologize for getting called away and losing my ability to interact.  Will catch up on the events and, hopefully, this won't happen again.

TheHangedOne

Welcome back, Ixy.

Moraline, I'll be up for a few more hours, but if anybody else is tired--including you!-- no worries.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

LOL's at dice roll. I'll have my post up soon.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 07, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
Hi... I wanted to apologize for getting called away and losing my ability to interact.  Will catch up on the events and, hopefully, this won't happen again.
No problem at all. Life happens.

I can always find a way to work around it. I'll get something up tomorrow to get your character going again with the scene. We'll post with the same method as tonight but just on a slower pace.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 10:18:53 PM
Moraline, I'll be up for a few more hours, but if anybody else is tired--including you!-- no worries.
I'll be up for a bit longer but I am definitely slowing down so I suspect I'll be crashing in the next hour or two.

Moraline

After my post...

@ Jin - Roll Dice 1-100

1-33 - You could keep cowering in fear, like a failure. Or you could will that shield back into existence and stand up to help your friends. It's up to you, the descions entirelly rests on your shoulders. Will you be strong, or will you break under pressure.
34-66 - The shield just rematerilizes on your arm again. Even if you want to quit, you can't. Look around you. Maybe this is a dream, maybe it's real. It needs to be figured out - studied. You can't do that on the ground crying.
67-100  - Stand up and face it. Don't back down. You are as strong as you need to be. Bring up the shield again and look that thing in the... um... eyes?

@ Al - This is all you now. That Fear Mask from my previous OOC post is yours to control. Gwynn ad Nubb's power is fear and he gave it to you. All you have to do is seize control of it and it's yours. Gwynn ad Nubb will dance for you and his control of that twisted Goblin vessel will be yours. The aspect of Gwynn ad Nubb will vanish and you will feel it's presence inside of you like something you can call at will to appear.

@ Neela - Your mastery is astounding. In a moment you have gained excellent control over your light and the presence to push your suggestions onto another. The power of suggestion should be the incubus's but you have stolen it outright and it feels like it was always yours to begin with. Maybe it was him that stole it from you. Stole it from you and swindled you out of what was rightfully yours.  The aspect of the incubus is yours to take. Take away all his power through your will. The incubus will vanish and you will feel it's presence inside of you like somthing that you can call at will to appear before you.

(( PS: HOLY ROLLS BATMAN!!! 100! You win the interwebs! HAHA.. That should have been way harder for you but you just owned him. ))

TheHangedOne

Posted. And I just want to say (hopefully without seeming like too much of a kiss-ass), I am having an immense amount of fun  with this game. Moreso than I typically have with games.

I hope everybody else is, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 07, 2013, 11:36:39 PM
Posted. And I just want to say (hopefully without seeming like too much of a kiss-ass), I am having an immense amount of fun  with this game. Moreso than I typically have with games.

I hope everybody else is, too.
Thank you and it's okay. My ass enjoys being kissed. HAHA

I can't wait until we get to Scenario 2! <insert evil laughter>

TheHangedOne

Hmm, really?  :-*

I'm looking forward to it.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Moraline

I'll give Rainy a few more minutes before I call it a night. I was hoping to get one more set of posts up.

TheHangedOne

Sounds fair.

I'll likely be wandering off pretty soon, myself. I hope everybody has pleasant dreams.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

GM Notice:

I'm calling it a night.

There is a pause on posting until RainyHigh gets her post in from the last round.

Then I need to make another GM post for Jin, Al, and Neela to work with.

I'll be creating a new guided thread tomorrow for Robert and Maggie to play out there encounters.
After they get going we'll end up eventually merging the groups stories back into one another.

G'night my lovely steam muffins!

RainyHigh

Thank you for waiting for me. I took a nap and cursed when I realized how much time passed. Sorry folks.

I'll cook up a post in this late night that way in the morning there is something small to read. ^_^
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

After my post...

@ Jin - Roll Dice 1-100

1-33 - You can feel yourself getting stronger. It's just like a class. You can mimic movements, see it all happening on repeat in your mind. It's just a matter of studying the moves to see where it's weak, to see patterns. Pick it apart, piece by piece, one move at a time. Kind of like a game of chess! If/when you win, you can seize the power of that insectoid, banish it and take the aspect of it into you, make it something that you can summon forth out of thin air to do your bidding through force of will alone.

34-66 - More then just patterns and learning. OF course you can have a weapon too and you've seen all the movies, just do what you want to do and don't think about it. Defeat it, defeat your fear of failure. This is something that you can do. Make that thing bow before you, a part of you heard what was said to Al. You can do the same! Seize the aspect of that insect, make it your own! Make it something that you can summon forth out of thin air to do your bidding through force of will alone.

67-100 - It sounded so easy in your head, It seemed so logical. That's not how it went down. It was faster in every way, it was stronger, it anticipated every move! Why can't you do that?! Your only hope is that your friends join in!

@ Al - If you can open a hole in the air, I bet with a force of will you can close them too. PS: Staring into her eyes is a bit like a narcotic, there's euphoric subtle high that comes with it and lingers about afterwards for a few minutes to remind you that you could do it again.

@ Neela - Roll Dice 1-100

For no other reason then I want to make you roll dice! HAHA. Just joking. It's an awareness check.

1-75 - You had an absolute moment of clarity and in it you remembered Robert and Maggie. They'll be needing help probably and really soon.

76-100 - You collapse unconscious.

A quick explanation of Aspects...

Fae aspects are the form that creatures known as fae take when they come to our world. We all know them commonly as Incubus, Goblins, Fairies, Trolls, etc...

What you as arcanists have done or will do over the next couple posts is banish the fae back to where they came from but in the process destroy their connection to their "forms." 

Those forms were created with mystical energies and you in effect, absorb that mystical energy. This gives you control over the Fae Aspect and are able to summon it back into existence at will, or make it vanish again.

The aspect will no longer possess any intelligence beyond what you put into it. You in affect become dual minded where you are both present in yourself and present in the Fae Aspect form. So you can use it to fight or use it's powers to perform actions. If you wanted to, you could roam around seeing/hearing/feeling etc, everything that it does.

-- We'll discuss mystic abilities/powers as we go along. Remember to ask before performing an action. If you'd like to have a specific ability of some type then we'll talk about those too. --

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 08, 2013, 01:49:32 AM
Thank you for waiting for me. I took a nap and cursed when I realized how much time passed. Sorry folks.

I'll cook up a post in this late night that way in the morning there is something small to read. ^_^
No worries, it happens.

Good morning my lovelies!

TheHangedOne

Good morning, Moraline.

Oh my. Gotta say, this is taking yet another interesting turn. I can't wait for my turn.  8-) I might have to inject a bit of humor into the game, though. Had an idea in my head, too good to pass up.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

And, my post is up. If I'm making too many attempts in one post, let me know.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 08, 2013, 11:53:41 AM
And, my post is up. If I'm making too many attempts in one post, let me know.
Your post was fine. I'll let you know what happens with them later. I thought the part about "harshing your mellow" was hilarious.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Moraline on September 08, 2013, 12:40:02 PM
Your post was fine. I'll let you know what happens with them later. I thought the part about "harshing your mellow" was hilarious.
;D I couldn't resist a little comedy.  Hopefully, I get at least a chuckle out of everybody else, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Please continue posting (just waiting on RainyHigh) but... While we wait...

We should talk about when our next Scenario Night should be. How about?

Scenario 2 - Saturday 21rst, begins 4pm EST (and lasting many hours).

TheHangedOne

That works good for me, barring some sort of unforeseen incident.  I'll likely be able to go all the way 'til midnight, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on September 09, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

Works for me.

London

I'm good with the 21rst as well. I read what was written on Saturday. I hate that I missed so much fun. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Ixy

As of today, I have no conflict of schedule.  I will keep you informed if anything comes up.

RainyHigh

Quote from: Moraline on September 09, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

Hey, sorry I can only post weekdays 7pm to 9pm due to work.
Saturday afternoons usually works for me and that is a day with no Saturday work for me so all the better!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 09, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
Hey, sorry I can only post weekdays 7pm to 9pm due to work.
Saturday afternoons usually works for me and that is a day with no Saturday work for me so all the better!
Are you going to be able to keep up with posting through the week?

And does the Saturday thing mean that you would rather we start earlier in the day on Saturday?

If Rainy would like us to start earlier on Saturday...

How does the group feel about starting Saturday 21rst, at 2pm EST? (-5 GMT)

TheHangedOne

Saturday, I will be free noon to midnight (EST), so I can play throughout that entire period. 
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

No the times are fine!
Don't worry about changing it for me! :)
Thank you though.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 09, 2013, 08:32:13 PM
No the times are fine!
Don't worry about changing it for me! :)
Thank you though.
Okay, I just wasn't sure when your afternoons were.

The Time for Scenario 2 stands at:

Scenario 2 - Saturday 21rst, begins 4pm EST (-5 GMT)

... That is assuming that we can get through the current series of posts.

RainyHigh

It will be hard to keep up but I will do my best. Working on a post right now~!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Good morning, I'm just making posties. First one down and plugging away on the second group now.

TheHangedOne

Groovy. Mmm, I am curious about this mystery woman.  8-)

Hmm, question for you, Moraline. Al would be physically injured and bleeding, right? From the creepy crawlies. Whether he is or not will be a huge factor in my next post.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 10, 2013, 09:25:11 AM
Groovy. Mmm, I am curious about this mystery woman.  8-)

Hmm, question for you, Moraline. Al would be physically injured and bleeding, right? From the creepy crawlies. Whether he is or not will be a huge factor in my next post.
He's not mortally wounded or anything but he has a few bites taken out of him and is probably scratched up and bruised.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

I really liked this little image so I thought I'd leave it behind for inspiration...

TheHangedOne

That's neat. It's fairly different, but it reminds me of Thomas Kincaid for some reason.

So, how's everybody doing today?
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

I'm doing great. I had to look up Thomas Kincaid. I really like his work myself after just looking at it now. That's one of my favorite art styles, it's all dreamy and warm feeling.

I wouldn't be surprised if the artist that created the above image used one of Kincaid's works for the castle and falls.

I'm just getting caught up on a bunch of RP's and a system-lite proposal for my Ganglands game.

TheHangedOne

One of my (admittedly many) dream homes of his. He really does have beautiful work.

Glad to hear it, Moraline.  ;)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

I'm watching and waiting on this RP.  Everyone still around and waiting?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

I'm going out to eat, so I'll be ready in an hour or two at the most.

Moraline

I'm not sure if RainyHigh is around or not. She hasn't posted in days. Technically our RP day isn't until next weekend but I'd love to get a few rounds of posting in today to move our story forward.

TheHangedOne

I would like to get some more posts in as well. I haven't been this excited about an RP in years.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

I am here! Tired and sore but here!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

*Offers to massage away the soreness.*  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Posted! Sorry it's so short.

And HangedMan, I would thank you for years if you could.
;)
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

I'll put up another GM post in an hour or two for when Lithium returns. I'm off to go get some lunch too.

Feel free to drop in some questions here if you have any.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Moraline on September 14, 2013, 11:10:56 AM
I'll put up another GM post in an hour or two for when Lithium returns. I'm off to go get some lunch too.

Feel free to drop in some questions here if you have any.
Looking forward to it. I should take this opportunity to run to the store.

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 14, 2013, 11:06:16 AM
Posted! Sorry it's so short.

And HangedMan, I would thank you for years if you could.
;)

Totally would I could. I love to give massages.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

And here I am barely waking up.
I slept like ten hours and still feel groggy.
I worked out for the first time in three weeks and am just sore all over.
@hangedman your partner scored the lottery. ;)
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Ixy

No actual train.  UGH I'm a fucking idiot.

London

Don't worry about it Ixy. I was expecting one too. lol

TheHangedOne

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 14, 2013, 11:22:42 AM
And here I am barely waking up.
I slept like ten hours and still feel groggy.
I worked out for the first time in three weeks and am just sore all over.
@hangedman your partner scored the lottery. ;)
Currently partnerless, actually. So some lucky lady might still hit the lottery of getting a man that cooks, cleans, massages, and writes poetry.  8-)
Check out my poet tree!

London

I cook, clean, give massages... I guess my problem is that I don't write poetry... That would explain why I'm still single. LOL

RainyHigh

D: This I don't understand!
Those women need to wake up or they are missing out big time!
Do you have a poetry thread here HangedMan?
I'd be happy to check it out as I too write poetry.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 14, 2013, 11:53:27 AM
D: This I don't understand!
Those women need to wake up or they are missing out big time!
Do you have a poetry thread here HangedMan?
I'd be happy to check it out as I too write poetry.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177888.msg8457011#msg8457011
I only have a few pieces posted. I have actually written a book of fifty poems, which I fully intend to publish.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Sorry, got back online and was in the middle of making a GM post when I lost my internet connection.

Anyone still around?

Lithium

London

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Post up!  No special GM instructions this time. Just a post.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

RainyHigh

Dinner time! I need to keep this page open as I keep seeing the posts slip by me and checking back way too late.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Ooh, what're you having for dinner? I had rice, but I have tasty things for soup tomorrow.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

it's Saturday night, I'm ordering out!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Specifically, wonton soup and beef fried rice.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 14, 2013, 08:18:02 PM
Specifically, wonton soup and beef fried rice.
I ordered a spinach salad!  Yay, for ordering out!  Although I had to run across the street to grab mine. HAHA.

Dammit, now I'm thinking about some mushroom fried rice!

RainyHigh

I ordered from a Chinese eatery that is two miles away but I don't have a car so :P .
I do walk to some of the Mexican eateries nearby though.
I haven't visited the giant Chinese buffet place two blocks away from me yet (I've lived here two years already!) (but it's too expensive).
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Is it real Chinese or Americanized Chinese, Rainy?  8-)

Personally, I am looking forward to tomorrow. Chicken broth, thickened with garlic flavored potato flakes, some of my super secret savory spice mix, and: fresh dill and parsley, celery, carrots, leeks, onion, turnips, parsnips, radish, red and green cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower (just a bit), and red, green, and yellow bell peppers.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 14, 2013, 08:37:05 PM
I ordered from a Chinese eatery that is two miles away but I don't have a car so :P .
I do walk to some of the Mexican eateries nearby though.
I haven't visited the giant Chinese buffet place two blocks away from me yet (I've lived here two years already!) (but it's too expensive).
I'm lucky, I'm right in the city core near the touristy area so there are restaurants all around me. There is actually  a really nice place two floors below my place. HAHA. That's where I usually go to eat when I'm too lazy to cook - which is often because I'm super lazy about cooking.

I can't believe you haven't gone to the buffet. There is no way I could resist that. Buffets are the best, you get to try a little sampling of everything on the menu without paying for it all. I know.. I'm such a piggy. If I kept more food in my house I wouldn't be able to fit out my door.

Moraline

I'm headed off to bed for the night but I'll be back to check on the RP tomorrow if anyone posts.

G'night my little arcanists in training!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Morning, I'll have my post up soon.

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 15, 2013, 11:46:06 AM
Morning, I'll have my post up soon.

G'afternoon from the East coast of Canada.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

London

Good morning or afternoon depending on where you are.  :D

Moraline

Hello everyone! I have cookies and posts.

TheHangedOne

*Accepts a cookie, and munches on it whilst hanging upside down.*  :-) I saw.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Moraline

Things seem like they got really quiet around here. I made some posts yesterday.

@London & Ixy - I'll holding up on your RP until I get the main group caught up to you. I'm hoping to get that done in a couple posts.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

London

Moralina,

I understand. I'll keep an eye on the main RP to see what's going on. It'll be great to be with everyone again.

Lithium

TheHangedOne

*Offers Lithium assorted sweets, savories, drinks, and other delights.*  :-) My own post will be..,. half an hour or so.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Lithium

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 17, 2013, 06:43:49 PM
*Offers Lithium assorted sweets, savories, drinks, and other delights.*  :-) My own post will be..,. half an hour or so.

gnomgnomgnom

TheHangedOne

It's done.  :-) I hope it's alright, that I'm using the Aspect correctly.

*Also offers Lithium massage service, which is a THM special for those lovely ladies who are stressed.*  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 17, 2013, 07:12:35 PM

*Also offers Lithium massage service, which is a THM special for those lovely ladies who are stressed.*  :-)

Is it a sexy massage?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

TheHangedOne

*Takes her off to the private room.*  8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 17, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
The post looked good to me

However people want their Fae Aspects to appear when used and what experiences they have with them can be unique to each person.
I like the idea of each person giving it their own style. Just as long as people maintain a consistency to it then it's all good.

RainyHigh

I found two pic that I think may represent Neela's fae aspect? (Is that what we are doing?)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Ixy

I was thinking something very similar.  Once we get to the point that the characters are older, I have a few avatars to try on for Maggie that might fit, might not-- will send those along when we're at that point in story development.

RainyHigh

My post should be up soon. ^_^ Also good morning.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Good morning, Rainy.

I'm about to go to a dentist for a dental emergency. They may need to yank one of my teeth out or something. If they do, I may be scarce or inconsistent for the next few days, while I recover.  I'll update when I get back (assuming I'm not knocked out from pain killers).
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 17, 2013, 08:57:41 PM
I found two pic that I think may represent Neela's fae aspect? (Is that what we are doing?)
Your Fae Aspect is just the empty shell of the Fae that you encountered in game. That's the one that gave me earlier.

A "Fae Aspect" is the empty shell of a Fae.

To explain it with more detail:

When a Fae of any type manifests itself in a solid form it's presence is what you can physically see and touch. Such as a Satyr, Pixie, Goblin, Demon, etc...

If you defeat it/banish it then it's essence returns back to the deep Mistlands where it came from and it loses the ability to come to our plane of existence. But the empty shell that was it's physical body can be taken over and controlled by a strong willed/powerful Arcanist(Wizard) - such as you.

Although, you could certainly use the image that you posted to represent your characters transformation when she uses her Aspect. Like I said, I'm open to keeping everyone's experiences unique.

As for "using" your Fae Aspects, you essentially will it in and out of existence. When you will it into existence it takes on physical form again and you can use it like a conduit to channel energies of some type (We'll discuss that more in the future.) Right now you all can basically just use them as fighting instruments to keep yourselves out of harms way.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 18, 2013, 10:07:22 AM
Good morning, Rainy.

I'm about to go to a dentist for a dental emergency. They may need to yank one of my teeth out or something. If they do, I may be scarce or inconsistent for the next few days, while I recover.  I'll update when I get back (assuming I'm not knocked out from pain killers).
I hope everything is alright and your dental visit goes smoothly. Good luck.

TheHangedOne

Thanks, Moraline. And I'm back. No extraction. had some issues with insurance that need to get smoothed over...pain prevails, and not the good kind. :-\
Check out my poet tree!

London

Afternoon everyone.

HangedMan- Sorry to hear about your dental problems. I hope you can get everything taken care of with as little pain as possible.

RainyHigh

Afternoon, my post will be up in about an hour. Having to multitask right now.

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

@Everyone - Please continue when able to. Maggie & Robert will be posting as soon as Neela is able to post.

*Notice
We will be postponing Scenario 2 until Next Saturday - 28th. I'll probably be around this upcoming Saturday to get a few GM posts in but the actual Scenario 2 won't be ready as it involves the group at a point 3 years from our current in game time (We won't be ready for that this weekend.)

London

Good evening everyone.

The 28th is good for me. I'll be out of town the weekend after that so everything is cool.

TheHangedOne

Evenin', London.

That works for me as well.
Check out my poet tree!

Ixy

I'm committed to an event on the 28th, I'm sorry.  I have the afternoon until, like, 7 or 8 Saturday night at the latest.  I feel like a drag, sorry.  Let me know what I can do otherwise, I'm open to suggestions...

RainyHigh

Sorry I got sidetracked I'll try and get my post up tonight. >.<
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 19, 2013, 06:39:31 PM
I'm committed to an event on the 28th, I'm sorry.  I have the afternoon until, like, 7 or 8 Saturday night at the latest.  I feel like a drag, sorry.  Let me know what I can do otherwise, I'm open to suggestions...
If it's only 1 or 2 people that can't make Saturday the 28th then it's okay. I"ll just make your story line separate for that event. Like we did with Maggie and Robert the last time.

Lithium

It's still pretty far away but I can probably make it.

RainyHigh

Dammit I fell asleep last night super early and woke up super late. I WILL get my post up tonight, if y'all have to go around me that's fine I can play catch up.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

London

It's ok Rainy. It'll be easier to keep things going in the right direction if we wait on your post.

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

London

TheHangedOne

In other news, with Fall's approach, I now have a season appropriate avatar.  8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Postie up!

Sorry for delays today. Spent most of the day in bed resting. I'm a little under the weather but it's all good. Just needed some extra sleep. All good to go!

NOTE: No posting order this round. First come first serve! She asked a couple questions and did a couple things. Feel free to do/say whatever you wish.

TheHangedOne

I'm glad you're doing better.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

London

Moraline get to feeling better. If you don't I'll give you a spanking....  ;)

My post is up.

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 21, 2013, 03:15:25 PM
I'm glad you're doing better.  :-)
Thanks! 

@Everyone - Post at will! Posting order not important this time. The sooner we get posts up the faster we can get moving.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

I have unexpected visitor(s) today but by tonight I should be able to post.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Ixy

Quote from: Moraline on September 20, 2013, 08:35:13 AM
If it's only 1 or 2 people that can't make Saturday the 28th then it's okay. I"ll just make your story line separate for that event. Like we did with Maggie and Robert the last time.

I appreciate it, but I hate being the 'odd one out' again, sorry.

London

Don't worry Ixy. Robert can keep Maggie company again.

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 21, 2013, 05:58:26 PM
I appreciate it, but I hate being the 'odd one out' again, sorry.
I'm not sure I understand what this means?

Do you want us to wait then until Saturday October 5th?

Ixy

Quote from: Moraline on September 21, 2013, 06:05:37 PM
I'm not sure I understand what this means?

Do you want us to wait then until Saturday October 5th?

No, if other players can make it, I definitely want you guys to go ahead.  I just committed to be available for a full night's posting, and this is the second time I've been unable to do so.  I just feel bad to be creating extra trouble.

Quote from: London on September 21, 2013, 06:00:47 PM

I was hoping so :)

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 21, 2013, 06:58:49 PM
No, if other players can make it, I definitely want you guys to go ahead.  I just committed to be available for a full night's posting, and this is the second time I've been unable to do so.  I just feel bad to be creating extra trouble.

Oh, okay. I was just checking. 

Don't worry about having to leave early.  This time, at least I know in advance so I can plan for it from the start and even give you something to post in until you have to go.

London

QuoteQuote from: London on Today at 06:00:47 PM

I was hoping so :)

Are you kidding Ixy. Robert and Maggie went through hell together. lol He wouldn't let her get into trouble and have all the fun without him. lol

Moraline

*Stretches out on a hammock and relaxes while reading posties*

TheHangedOne

*Makes sure Moraline has all the refreshments and snacks she needs for proper enjoyment.*  8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

*Flashes a peace sign as a greeting.... just because*

Moraline

*Looks around and wonders what's going on?*

TheHangedOne

Not too much. Cooking, working on an idea, eagerly looking forward to my next chance to post here.  :D

How are you feeling, Moraline?
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 23, 2013, 06:03:37 PM
Not too much. Cooking, working on an idea, eagerly looking forward to my next chance to post here.  :D

How are you feeling, Moraline?
I'm feeling pretty awesome actually! I'll probably crash early tonight again to get another good nights sleep but otherwise I'm doing fantastic! 

Been thinking about buying myself some fun contact lens too... http://www.candylens.com
Friggn' fashion for my eyes! I love life!

TheHangedOne

Hahaha. Those look kind of creepy, to be honest.

I'm glad you're doing better.
Check out my poet tree!

Ixy

not bad... prices are good, too.  They remind me of someone I used to know when I larped... those eyes.  (shudder)  Fake or not, they were awesome.

Moraline

Totally lots of really cool styles. Not all are freaky, some are super cool. It's all about the style and size that you choose that will determine how wild they will look.

London

Those contacts are awesome. I wish I could wear them...

Ixy I didn't know you LARPed. I do too. It's always great to find someone who enjoys the same things you do.

Ixy

It's kind of a BIG "used to".  :)

London

I understand Ixy. It's not for everyone. I just changed groups myself. I use it as a way of clearing my mind and refresh myself. Then again I'm not as bad as some of the people that play.

Ixy

I knew some super-awesome people when larping, but it just got to be too much like work for me.

London

I understand. A lot of the people make it into work. I'm just there for friendship and to have fun. I have met some incredible people that I count as friends. The moment it is more like work that will be the day I stop too. :)

RainyHigh

Doing pretty freakin' awesome despite the long 12 hour day of working I had. It was a pretty sweet day.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Still waiting on Rainy & Ixy to make posts - Please let me know if you have any questions or anything that might be causing a delay.

*Note*  Remember we only need short posts, just something so we can keep this story moving forward.

TheHangedOne

Ooh. I like the new av, Moraline. Love that hair.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

I will try and post something up tonight. Haven't had the chance to get to my home computer yet today.

(Sent from phone)
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Thank you to everyone for getting your posts up.

I made a new GM post. Please NOTE the Important OOC in it.

Moraline

Do you all want to travel to one persons home together or go your separate ways?

I can make another GM post about what happens if you all go together or you can all post separately and I can address each situation.

TheHangedOne

My plan was to have Al go back to his place. He'll be pulling a disappearing act.

Also, I vote you keep this avatar.  :o
Check out my poet tree!

London

Everyone can go to Robert's place. Other wise I think everyone is going to run away. lol

That is one of the best avatars yet.

RainyHigh

:D My idea for Neela's fae aspect has been turned into something amazing! I love it Moraline!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

Good morning everyone, hope your doing great! Feel free to post at will until someone gets to their home. 

I'll probably make a GM post for Al today since he disappeared and went straight to his house.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: Moraline on September 27, 2013, 09:58:15 AM
Good morning everyone, hope your doing great! Feel free to post at will until someone gets to their home. 

I'll probably make a GM post for Al today since he disappeared and went straight to his house.
I'm waiting for more people to post.

I'll probably be around early tomorrow to begin postings if others are around and do some posting.

London

I'll be on for a little bit in the morning, but will have to go out for a while. I should be home around 4 though and can play then...

TheHangedOne

I'll be around pretty much all day. Weekends tend to be loads of free time for me.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Please PM me the images for your characters as adults. Include their new height/weight if that would change for them.

(Once we wrap up Scenario 1, the Scenario 2 will be taking place approximately 3 years after the Scenario 1 events.)

RainyHigh

Good morning! I was out with a long time friend I hadn't seen in about a year due to him being out of state, so we stayed out late drinking. I am slightly hungover but should have a post up soon.

And I'll send the image now Moraline.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

RainyHigh

Are we still keeping a posting order?
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

I wouldn't worry too much about posting order at this moment unless you really want to give someone else a chance to respond, but the group was largely interrupted. So the order is broken anyway.

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

*NOTE*  Don't wait for TheHangedMan to post. I have in PM's playing out his current actions. We'll post them all later.

London

Evening everyone. I'm going to check on the post then I'll be ready to go.

Moraline

I proxied Ixy's "Maggie" because I have no idea if she's joining us or not before she has to go out.

If she's around she's welcome to pick up her posting with us.

And Al has rejoined the group!

I'm going to be moving quickly through this next part to get you all advanced 3 years in time.[/b
]

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

London

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Yes, please. Post when ready. 

It looks like Ixy isn't around so I'll proxy her character for her for now. I'll do it when I do my GM posts.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

London

TheHangedOne

Sorry about the delay, was tinkering with something. Post up.
Check out my poet tree!