Star Wars: Edge of Empire now Recruitment thread [System game]

Started by Chris Brady, August 08, 2013, 04:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sullivanthedreadlord

I have an idea for a character I might want to play. A young man who grew up on Tattooine, who is perhaps a force sensitive if that is possible. Who grew up around Mos Eisley area and the space port. It would either be a force sensitive, or a smuggler, but either way I would want for the most part gear him towards being a pilot.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

ShadowFox89

>Young man
>Grew up on Tattooine
>Force sensitive

Waaaiiitt a moment....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

sullivanthedreadlord

I figured that growing up around the Mos Eisley Space Port would be an the best place to be. To grow up listening to tales of the great space pilots and then to become one himself.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

ShadowFox89

Correllia is a good place too, there are a lot of great Correllian pilots. Han Solo, for one.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

sullivanthedreadlord

An it probably doesn't have sand lol. I am going to get it out there. I am one of the fans who knows that Han Solo shot first no questions asked. He is that kind of bad ass ^_^. I do want to go the pilot route. I am not sure if any one else in the group is going to. I might as well go the mechanic route as well. So that might mean I wont have as many fighting skills as every one else since you only get so many points to distribute per level.

My O/O Page

ShadowFox89

Well I'm going a pilot/talker and Kunoichi is a dedicated mechanic....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

sullivanthedreadlord

Even Han Solo had a Co pilot, that is if your okay with it. I may not be a wookie but I think I can manage. It might not be a bad thing if I had some mechanical know how. Might be able to lend a second pair of hands to the mechanic if there is a need. Was just thinking about how to best be able to help since we are going to have a ship and fly it into danger no doubt.

My O/O Page

ShadowFox89

Well I've only got 1 rank in pilot (space) and no astrogation ranks. So if you want to be primary pilot, I can provide some backup.

Here's my sheet to give you an idea; https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/f/ff/Twi%27Lek_Character.pdf
Here's Kunoichi's sheet; https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/86/Edge_of_the_Empire_Jawa_Neemu.pdf
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

There's also a game mechanic that allows players to have a role on a ship, from gunner to piloting to shield manipulation.

And welcome, Sully.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

sullivanthedreadlord

I need to some how get my hands on a core rule book so I can fill out my character sheet.

My O/O Page

HairyHeretic

I was actually thinking Smuggler/Scoundrel myself, but branching into Colonist for some of the face skills.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kunoichi

Well, I'll note that one thing we're a bit lacking in is a good medic...  Though, being human and picking Medicine as one of your free non-career skills could easily help cover that area.  Or even just spending experience points to pick up the skill.

Or maybe we could steal acquire a good medical droid at some point...

sullivanthedreadlord

So far the way I am setting up my character I am going to more than likely ask to be made the main pilot, plus I would to be able to help out with fixing things as well. I am not going to take gunnery skills till later because I want to focus on 1- becoming the best damn pilot in the galaxy, 2- a good pilot knows enough to fix his ship in order to get to a good mechanic. I will take one rank in medic just for minor stuff. I might be convinced to improve it a few more ranks but my piloting skills come first.

My O/O Page

Kunoichi

In that case, might I recommend Rodian for your race?  Piloting skills are tied to Agility, and Rodians start with that characteristic at 3, so you'll be able to increase it to 4 right at character creation and have the stats to be a really superb pilot right away.  You'll also be a decent shot with most ranged weapons, too.

sullivanthedreadlord

That does make a bit of sense but I really want to play as a human pilot. I hope that's okay if I am not as good as a Rodian would be as a starting character.

My O/O Page

Kunoichi

It's not really a big deal.  You can still start out with your Agility at 4 as a Human, if that sounds like something you'd want to do.  It will just cost more for a Human than it would for a Rodian.

ShadowFox89

If we're going to have a dedicated pilot, I'll probably just go for a straight up gunslinger/charmer then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

sullivanthedreadlord

hopefully I got the math right for the skills I picked

AG-3
Int-4
Astrogation-1
Coordination-1
Mechanics-1
Medicine-1
Perception-1
Piloting space-2
Vigilance-1

My O/O Page

Kunoichi

Are you using the same pdf character sheet that Shadowfox and I are both using?  You can download it from this page if you want a blank one to work from.

I'm guessing those skills are the free ones you choose as part of picking your career and specialization, and the two non-career skills that humans get?  The math is right either way, and you'll have 10 exp left to spend on skills and/or talents. ^^

ShadowFox89

I'm probably gonna drop pilot to pick up something else, I really don't want to overlap too much with others ^^'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Well, you were considering Force Sensitive Exile, as I recall.  That could give you some fun options to spend your experience on. ^^

sullivanthedreadlord

I thought I had no xp left for more points, started with 110. Raised one of my stats to 3 and the other to 4. Humans start out with 2s in every thing. Used up my 4 skills plus two for the specialization skills, and then used the last 10 points for two more skills at rank 1.

My O/O Page

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on August 15, 2013, 11:21:02 PM
I thought I had no xp left for more points, started with 110. Raised one of my stats to 3 and the other to 4. Humans start out with 2s in every thing. Used up my 4 skills plus two for the specialization skills, and then used the last 10 points for two more skills at rank 1.

Humans get one rank each in two non-career skills as their racial ability in the final release version of the game.  Neither the Smuggler career nor the Pilot specialization adds Mechanics or Medicine as bonus career skills, so those are your two racial skills. ^^ Thus, you have 10 exp left.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 15, 2013, 11:21:46 PM
Not sure if CB wants to go into force stuff though.

Well, the only other specialization you could afford would be the other Smuggler specialization, Thief.  Aside from that, you could get more skills and/or Scoundrel talents, instead.

ShadowFox89

None of the Scoundrel talents right now really appeal to me, beyond the quick-draw.... I've played too many WW games where character generation is a mini-game of where the best place to put stuff is >.<
Call me Shadow
My A/A