News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Best of Blydad

Started by Blythe, December 07, 2017, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Morgue

SweetSerenade

This made me smile so much

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Wenterburn

Just wanted to be the guy who points out actually Anna sings that song...

I know, I know, I'm sorry, I should have Let It Go

Oniya

But Anna couldn't have brought Blydad snow.  *is that person*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blythe

Me: *getting laundry out of the washer*
Me: *two pennies fall out of a pair of pants*
Me: ooo money
Blydad: *grins*
Me: No
Blydad: I have to
Me: NOOOO
Blydad: Would you say that you are losing your common cents....or...laundering your money?
Me: I hate that you thought of two different jokes for that simultaneously.
Blydad: It's my hope that one day you'll surpass me at puns, son.

Edit: Forgot a word he said that was crucial for the pun, added >_>

Trilby

He's so punny.  :-)

I'm sure someone's said that already, but still. 

Oniya

Oh, he was just putting his two cents in.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Nowherewoman

Did you tell him not to spund them all in one place?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Blythe

Blydad describing what happened when he was saying bye to a lady friend of his who was trying to babysit a four year old:

Blydad: *to the kidlet* Ok you be good now!
Child: NO.
Blydad: ...
Blydad: Well, I mean technically that's an answer you can give. As answers go, it is technically an answer. It's not the right answer, but I mean, it's an answer.
Child: What?
Blydad: The correct answer was yes.
Blydad: YES.
Blydad: YES INFINITY.
Child: What?
Lady friend: oh god why
Blydad: Shhhhh this method worked on my children, especially my son.
Child: ...yes infinity plus a million.
Blydad: Yes infinity plus a million plus one
Child: I don't know more numbers that big
Blydad: That means I win, but that's ok, because everyone wins, even you, if you will be good, ok?
Child: YAY

King Serperior

Can Blydad babysit my 4YO cousin?  He says 'NO' to everything and hardly listens to me, despite my best efforts (and I don't go easy on him and let him get his way).  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Blythe

His method of dealing with angry smol children was just to outlast them out of sheer stubborness. He could argue with the Rock of Gibraltar and outlast it. >_>

Wenterburn

Blydad post

Aww, heartwarming and funny, woo!

Blydad math at child

...wait, something's not right, is that really ... *angry math noises*

Blydad math works

BLYDAD IS A GENIUS

Beguile's Mistress

I do love Blydad and his methods.  Someday that 4-year-old will grow up and remember him and use Blydad methods on others! :-)

Nowherewoman

...I stand awed.  Can Blydad come reason with the wild wolves at my school?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

King Serperior

Quote from: Blythe on January 04, 2019, 05:50:06 PM
His method of dealing with angry smol children was just to outlast them out of sheer stubborness. He could argue with the Rock of Gibraltar and outlast it. >_>
I like to believe I am that stubborn, but I think Blydad's natural 20 beats my natural 17 when dealing with the smol, angry ones.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Blythe

Some choice phrases when Blydad asked me to help him compose an angry e-mail when a company did not send him all of his books. They've messed up a lot with him before so his patience has finally run out. He's been very kind about all the previous mistakes, but he's very salty about this one. I wrote a polite e-mail for him and didn't put in his requests but I still smiled at 'em >_>

Blydad: I want the e-mail to convey my deep disdain. I don't want to swear but how can I work in everything that feels like swearing without actually swearing?

Blydad: Type faster, your typing speed is not reflecting my rage. I want you to be hitting the keys so hard the seller can hear it before they get the e-mail. I don't want to be rude but I want to be rude. You know what I mean. Okay, maybe you don't. But do it anyway.

Blydad: Work in how this is the fourth time they've messed up my order and how I'm not afraid to be fourthful in my wording.
Me: Please don't pun at the customer service reps. Just say 'forceful.'
Blydad: THEY EARNED THIS.

Blydad: My books had the word 'prophet' in the series title; ask them if they care more about their profits than sending me my prophets
Me: You know I'm just writing a polite e-mail at them while you rage?
Blydad: OBEY ME DAMMIT. PUN AT THEM.

Oniya

Seeing as I once managed to work my displeasure at a company into the way I spelled Little Oni's name over the phone to the hapless customer service rep - I probably would have fit at least one of those in.

Cryptic

Having been a Customer Service rep, I honestly would've enjoyed seeing the puns. Even though they are meant in anger, I would've enjoyed them besides. Hahaha, "Pun at them so they know my rage!" I think this has to be a T-shirt
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Kye

Salty Blydad is fantastic. <3

Blythe

One reason he asks me to type his e-mails for him now is (well, other than the fact he cannot type without severe difficulty--he is missing his index finger and thumb on his right hand, among his other troubles) is that the last time he sent an e-mail on his own, he was really nice but got too caught up in puns and then forgot to actually ask the rep the question he had. Because he was too busy putting in puns. >_>

CrownedSun

Quote from: Blythe on January 09, 2019, 05:27:25 PM
One reason he asks me to type his e-mails for him now is (well, other than the fact he cannot type without severe difficulty--he is missing his index finger and thumb on his right hand, among his other troubles) is that the last time he sent an e-mail on his own, he was really nice but got too caught up in puns and then forgot to actually ask the rep the question he had. Because he was too busy putting in puns. >_>

Hehe, sounds reasonable to me.

...honestly, as someone that probably needs to yell at customer support some soon, I feel great sympathy for his position.

Beguile's Mistress

Bly, you need one of those Medieval insult lists.

Remiel

That does sound like something from a Monty Python sketch.

"I'm going to pun at you until you go away!"

"No! Not the puns!"  *Cringe*

Mirrah

XD

Blydad quotes brighten my day. <3
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?