News:

Main Menu

Zombie Survival..not?~

Started by Bubbles, September 10, 2010, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

*NOTE* Serious discussions. That's why this is in the discussion thread.

So we all know, that we need to be prepared for the possible Zombie pandemic soon to infect the world as we know it. This thread is for swapping ideas, techniques, and information to further your knowledge of Zombies and help you be better prepared for when the dead start scratching at your door.

I think I'll start off by saying that anyone who plants on being a long-term survivor in the Zombie Apocalypse should read, and occasionally re-read (keeping up to date) the The Zombie Survival Guide, by Max Brooks.
-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

It's easily found in any book store, and is a vital, life-saving addition to your bookshelf.

Also,have part of some humorous Zombie situation[despite the serious threat of possible Zombie domination] :)

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/The-Gentleman-Zombie.png

So,let's share opinions please!~
Dun-dun xD
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Bubbles

mehh..I want to prepare myself for the Z's day..god darn it!! The thing is..for now I need to read those books, I don't got enough money to buy an actual book.But I will.. try =]
-as well I can handle a tennis rocket and maybe a baseball.Other than then, I wasn't to much into fighting..so, that may be hard or something for me.But..I ain't a quitter!! So I will survive!! -somehow ..
Dun-dun xD
A/AO/O's

Bubbles

Still so it seems nobody is interested in this :<<

I found some more info ^.^

A total new Guide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

and -> weapons and description what you could use and how useful they are:P
http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/page/Melee+Weapons
A/AO/O's

RubySlippers

Depending on the speedof the zombies I tend to favor in order a hunting rifle, with great scope. Shotgun due to high stopping power get the vital headshot. Gloc Pistol for close range. A Machete is nice but I would favor a screwdriver for a shot in to an ear deep enough to hit brains being  woman.

For a sarfespot anoil rig sounds for me the best bet being on the Gulf Coast at least short term.

Bubbles

Tha sounds like an Interesting choice..but no bat,something made from wood nor steel[crowbar]?:P Guns make lot of noise..plus you need to know hot to use them properly xD
Anything else can become in handy..~

Guns are usually good for a certain distance..but what if a Z is a closer combat with you..there are 2 possibilities:

1. move as fast as u can and put the gun at his head,blowing his head..or in his mouth :>

2.use combat[hands/legs] and a pipe,steel bar etc xD to hit him better!~
A/AO/O's

Inkidu

It depends on whether you're on the offensive or defensive and I don't care what The Zombie Survival Guide says because I've read it cover to cover and found instances where the author has more than contradicted himself. Zombie killing tools as such:

AK-47 with a selector that should only be on semi-automatic fire. It is the easiest gun in the world to care for, it will not jam, it has stopping power and high capacity mags. It's wooden stock is idea for butt strokes that can cave a zombie's head in like an overripe melon.

Two colt 45.s (double actions are fine) and a Beretta 92. They will not jam and and aren't finicky. If you don't panic, in which case nothing will save you if you do you can drop a lot of zombies.

Stay away from shotguns unless you're using slugs. Even buckshot typically lacks penetration and is only good on living targets who take massive trauma to the body and die. Plus they're heaviest.

Crowbar. Multifaceted tool unbreakable and undeniably useful.

Smooth edged knives with a hefty blood grove.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bubbles

That is a good point of view and nice weapons you choose there^^ then again..I get to a good conclusion: you have or get a weapon which you know HOW to use it properly and not mess it up.I mean..it's not like everyone can use guns,riffles/AK-47 or even a katana.You must have some training in their usage..then again,you can learn there on the spot? but hard to decide if you'll do it well or not..it's still a change that you might fail and die.^^
A/AO/O's

Xanatos

32 round drum, AA-12 FULLY auto nearly recoil-less shotgun begs to differ -chuckles-. Add onto this that it can use grenade rounds as well -grins and chuckles-. This insane shotgun basically equals zombie chunks.

I would favor the Kris over the AK, simply because the Kris is a .45 caliber FULLY auto machine gun with nearly no recoil. AK can eat its heart out. Add onto this hydrashok rounds, and I shiver to imagine what a zombie would look like after taking a few rounds to its dessicated anatomy.

For the large "tank" like survivors, I offer the newest in .50 cal/grenade launcher emplacement weapon, The XM307/XM312. Weighs only 50 pounds, half its predecessors, and has minimal recoil for a gun its size. This gun would make Rambo jealous.

For any snipers who just don't think a .50 caliber cuts it, well there is a bigger bullet. The Barret XM109 sniper rifle fires 25 mm bullets, making a .50 cal blush.

Serra Iscariot

I'm not fully versed in the ways of guns, but I will say this: Guns are nifty and can cause premium mayhem and death in a short amount of time.

But the problem comes in this: ammunition (runs out quickly) and weight (guns and ammo can weight you down.)

Ammo runs out faster if you are a crappy shot.

So yes, I'd have a gun or two, nothing fancy. I'd also have a crowbar (oh the joy of blunt force trauma) and maybe a knife or two.

I might also add, you can be prepared in terms of arms up to the skies... but the true survival tactic comes in the way you handle other people. My standpoint is firm, I don't have to outrun the zombies, just everyone else. Call me a bitch, but I really think that when Z day rolls around, compassion is your worst enemy when on the run. Yes, I have a few trusted individuals whom I will be sure to keep on my Z day team. But the tag alongs who follow me because they will be 'safer' are sadly mistaken.

You can shoot and stab the undead for all you are worth, but if you let the people you travel with (if you have any...) take advantage of you, you may be zombie kibble in no time, flat.

My advice: Trust few.

When in groups, people can be stupid and reckless, assuming that the group will look out for the individual. I beg to differ, in a survival situation people can be cold and heartless. I'm not saying I'll be throwing my companions under the bus left and right when the zombies come calling, but if someone does go down and the zombies are en masse... I don't see a point in stopping to go back for them unless I know for sure they will survive. Sometimes it pays to keep most people at arms length, especially when the flesh eating hordes are after your liver for dessert.

When it comes to survival being armed both with weapons and with intelligence is incredibly important. If you lack both you'll find yourself dead fast.

Bubbles

I agree with Serra there,about the group stuff.Things can get really ugly..especially,if the so called "leader" does lead the group into dangerous and no way out situations,for sure he deserves to die.But then again,you may never know what exactly to do.
As for me..I would be lost-sincerely talking- I mean I never was in such crisis situation,and for a while I wouldn't even know what's going on with me or how I will act..:<

The thing is : survival no mater what..and how many may be sacrificed,or just don't fight enough for heir lives :>
A/AO/O's

Scribe08

Death by Zombies.. I can't think of a worser way to meet my end.

Flame-throwers would do some damage for a while atleast, until the gas runs out, and if they managed to get inside its range, then, for close-quarter-combat, I'd use a machete. It's not really that pretty or slick a weapon when compared to a katana, but, I'm going for maximum hacking effect. Can zombies swim? I'd find a boat and the nearest stretch of water, also, you can't forget horror/special-fx make-up for myself. Place some fake blood splatter here and realistic looking torn flesh there, as well as, work on that zombie limp, so I can blend in and pass myself off as one of them should I find I'm surrounded and seemingly screwed. 

grayfoxz

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2010, 03:31:34 PM

AK-47 with a selector that should only be on semi-automatic fire. It is the easiest gun in the world to care for, it will not jam, it has stopping power and high capacity mags. It's wooden stock is idea for butt strokes that can cave a zombie's head in like an overripe melon.

Yes they are easy to use and yes they have great stoopping power.
But the DO jam. I've had to try several to feel the difference between seversl guns, and out of 4, 3 jammed after half a mag. And they were properly cleaned.
Any gun can jam for that matter, especialy if you don't clean them right.

Bubbles

As for another ^^' I don't know how to use a gun!! >.<  kyaa!!*goes in despairs mode and runs in circles*
I think I will just use a crowbar,baseball -tennis rocket..I really could use for a while to be in a group and to deal with that in the very moment.:/

Still..til that day of the Z's ..I am preparing myself :D
A/AO/O's

grayfoxz

Quote from: Bubbles on September 14, 2010, 05:25:21 AM
As for another ^^' I don't know how to use a gun!! >.<  kyaa!!*goes in despairs mode and runs in circles*
I think I will just use a crowbar,baseball -tennis rocket..I really could use for a while to be in a group and to deal with that in the very moment.:/

Still..til that day of the Z's ..I am preparing myself :D
Don't worry dear, they're easy to learn ;)
I personaly woul ise a bokken or katana. :)
Oh and its tennis racket. Fyi :p

Bubbles

Quote from: grayfoxz on September 14, 2010, 05:33:19 AM
Don't worry dear, they're easy to learn ;)
I personaly woul ise a bokken or katana. :)
Oh and its tennis racket. Fyi :p

Nya!! I guess so.The thing is also..you can learn on the "field" ..on the moment how to use a gun,to actually be able to defend yourself in front of the Death.Cause this is all about surviving..and how long will you Live and if you'll live long enough to get pass through this,Until things get back to normal.Well,depends how we cans till define normal due the circumstances..if we see Z's walking around "braaaains!!" XD
A/AO/O's

RubySlippers

Well I'd be fighting from a lectric scooter ,think Jazzy the ones you see in stores, so I would fight only if I can fire and must fire. On the plus side my 6mph speed and mobility would be as advantage getting from my home to the nearet military base would be possible. Any decent boat could cross the bay to get there to. I have options.

The base has land, air and sea access so could just hope to get there with others under a Level 3 outbreak I would likely try to get there or near there before that point.

So for me I need stopping power and am good with a shotgun, but do have a crossbow with telescopic sight I hunt with. If they get close I need to get them in an eye or ear fast or I'm joining them if not eaten completely.

Bubbles

The thing which amazes me about all this:d I am not the only crazy person who thinks of a possible outbreak Z's Days! : D
I don't know if it's good or bad..but! a thing on he topic,I wouldn't for sure to be all alone..only thinking of that makes me scared T.T -maybe this is way to show me,that I wouldn't survive alone?--   :'(
yet..I wanna surpass my fears as soon as possible..
A/AO/O's

Serra Iscariot

I'm gonna agree with Grayfoxz. You don't even have to know how to use a sword to STAB something with it. Plus a sword is long ranged, and as long as its not too heavy its a good companion. I know it is better to know how to use it, but when you just want to stab... its sharp and pointy.

and Bubbles, I was surprised to find my 50 year old father has a zombie plan... and here I thought I was crazy >.<

Though... he did run Black Ops for the U.S. Army... I think the man may very well be prepared for anything...

Heh.

Bubbles

Quote from: Serra Iscariot on September 14, 2010, 07:09:49 PM
I'm gonna agree with Grayfoxz. You don't even have to know how to use a sword to STAB something with it. Plus a sword is long ranged, and as long as its not too heavy its a good companion. I know it is better to know how to use it, but when you just want to stab... its sharp and pointy.

and Bubbles, I was surprised to find my 50 year old father has a zombie plan... and here I thought I was crazy >.<

Though... he did run Black Ops for the U.S. Army... I think the man may very well be prepared for anything...

Heh.

coool xD see? we aren't the craziest people after all.Welcome to the CLub:D
heeh ~_~ yeah indeed.Aything in fact can become in handy for defending yourself in life-death situations.
A/AO/O's

Serra Iscariot

True that.  ;D

but at the same time, things like sledgehammers are too heavy. so thats impractical.

Spice

A key is stay as far away from the zombies as possible. Hand-to-hand combat won't turn out well for me (especially in heels, and if I'm going through a Zombie Apocalypse, I must look good which does mean heels). So I'm thinking my first line of defense would be a nice high ride black SUV of some sort. I'd love reinforced tires, but don't know enough about cars to say whether that's possible. Then I want a good, powerful range weapon. I'm thinking shotgun as that always seems to make zombies splatter in the films. And I suspect it'll be easier for me to hit my target.

Then a baseball bat or golf club as my second line of desperation defense. A baseball bat would be preferred, but I don't have one and I do know where to lay my hands on a golf club. Finally, I'd have a butcher knife from my kitchen for that last desperate fend off the zombies moment. Of course, at that point, you're going to have to shoot me next, because some of that blood spattering my skinny black jeans at this point is no doubt my own. Yes, if I'm going hand to hand with a zombie (me butcher knife, he teeth), I'm going to have gotten bitten.

Oy vey!

Bubbles

well the thing is..you can't stay to far form the Z's..if you think on the other side of the situation.problem.They will be all over and you gotta deal with them at some point...and to be honest a knife can't help you to much.
it's better a fried pan[smash za heads]..the knife can get stuck into the Z's body and then you can't do nothing and will be surrounded by them and gets bitten.

A/AO/O's

Serra Iscariot

Car wise, you want something with good haul space. That way if you have your dream armory of guns and sharp pointies and other fun delivers of death and blood you can have a place to store it. So you are on the right track with the high ride SUV. But, if you were the last person alive i'm sure you could find one with road armor and shatter proof glass. Tinted windows and power locks are a bonus too. I mean... on the run, you can't really have a specific place to stop and rest every night so I'm sure you'll need to crash sometime... and if the zombies can't see in on you, its a tad safer. But then again... SUVs tend to also be gas hogs.

A word to the wise with cars? never leave the car running unless you are awake.

The problem with some SUVs is that they are heavy on the top, meaning you'll roll if you get too adventurous with them. sunroofs are good escapes if you roll... but thats assuming you have the time and the path to get out.

But Spice is right. stay away. get your basic needs: stock up on food, weapons and a good reliable form of transportation and then pick a place up in the hills and just stay there unless you have to leave. Move from remote place to remote place.

If no one is human... no one can come help you.

Though, not to start an argument. I will say that a pair of sensible heels will do you no favors when Z Day arrives. Your best friend will be covering clothes and a damn good pair of boots or tennis shoes.

Bubbles

I agree with Serra on the latest statement..Good for me that I never wear high heels XD Imao..~.~
-and I don't know about the car option,since I don't know how to drive one..-well yet- but meh!! I will start then if it is necessary. :P Good things must happen to..and I am sure I won't be the only one left Alive in the town,when the outbreak will happen with the Z's..>.> I want to think that.
-weapons?[like guns and such] I don't stores with that..nor an military base here LOL.
ONly stores with..antique stuff,from maybe where..I might grab something useful xD
A/AO/O's

Bubbles

Also..another thing could be: either the Z's are normal,moaning and groaning ones..Slow motion.OR
in worse case..they have more strength and can move faster..There would be trouble,as if you aren't a better runner or with quick reflexes,you are Doomed..:<
A/AO/O's