Star Trek: Beyond - Interest/Recruiting

Started by Ember Star, December 09, 2013, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: Chrystal on December 11, 2013, 04:06:03 PM
Question: What would the relationship be like between a joined Trill and an unjoined Trill? I would imagine that there would be some envy on the part of Ruby's character towards mine? And would my character regard hers in some way as inferior?

I must admit to not being enough of a trekie to know this.

Why would she be jealous?

Ember Star

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 11, 2013, 04:49:36 PM
Why would she be jealous?
There's only about 1000 sybionts available per year, and many trills greatly want one. Which is why they're told only like, don't remember, like 1-2% or something of the population will be compatible when really more like 50% would be.

However, in reply to Chrystal. It would very by trill I'm sure. Not all unjoined trills are gonna want a symbiont much less be jealous of a joined trill.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RubySlippers

Ember Star

Several RP threads are up and sandbox RP is ready to begin. A episode won't start for a couple of weeks until everybody's settled in.

Characters are still being accepted, a pilot and a communications officer are especially needed.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RubySlippers

Ember Star

SGTDan

This seems interesting and I'm interested. Always wanted to play a Security Officer and see how many Away missions I can live.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Ember Star

You're welcome to write up a character sheet. The more the merrier

SGTDan

Quote from: Ember Star on December 12, 2013, 07:49:20 PM
You're welcome to write up a character sheet. The more the merrier
I may do that, your first Klingon coming up
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Angel Fire

I have a few Trek characters that I could possibly rehash out of my old memories *Blushes*

Is there a particular need for a position at the moment?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Ember Star

Quote from: Angel Fire on December 14, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
I have a few Trek characters that I could possibly rehash out of my old memories *Blushes*

Is there a particular need for a position at the moment?
We're short a pilot.

Angel Fire

Well... I don't have any pilots... or "helm" officers in my vast array of characters.... but maybe if at the same time, my character could be a backup to Ops? 

The main focus of her could be Helm but it could be good to have a backup Ops officer... just in case.

If that works, that I just may have the "nutcase" for you *Giggles softly*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Ember Star

Angel Fire

Sweet!  I already have the premise for her.  I just need to modify her background a bit to make her fit.  I'll send you the PM in my morning! *Smiles*

Baalborn87

Quote from: SGTDan on December 12, 2013, 07:21:10 PM
This seems interesting and I'm interested. Always wanted to play a Security Officer and see how many Away missions I can live.

I've got CSO filled.

Chrystal

Quote from: SGTDan on December 12, 2013, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: Baalborn87 on December 14, 2013, 04:37:32 PM
I've got CSO filled.

I think SGTDan had in mid a "red-shirt", rather than an officer?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Baalborn87

Ember Star

Still accepting characters. Could use a couple more males to level things out.

Athos

This looks interesting. Do you guys still need a pilot?

Edit: Nevermind, I answered my own question. I'll get to work on something else.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Chrystal

Ember is desperate for a science officer...

Aren't you, Emb?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Xerial

I might be able to conjure a science officer. I'll dip into my vault (I have played enough Star Trek characters over the years to require a vault) and see what I can muster.

Florence

I'm interested, but I have a few questions:

1) Is a picture required. Finding a fitting image for my characters is often a bit of a headache, especially when restricted to real people. I can try to find one if I need to, but I'm wondering if a description would suffice?

2) Are there any established political situations we should be aware of or are we making it up as we go along? Like... are the Klingons and Federation on good terms, or at war, or what? What about the Romulans? Has Starfleet encountered the Borg yet?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RedEve

This is interesting - I have looking for a good ST game on here ever since Tesla died.
However, I do not want to further enhance the unbalanced gender division amongst the crew (I would want to play a female crewmember).
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on December 22, 2013, 06:10:12 AM
2) Are there any established political situations we should be aware of or are we making it up as we go along? Like... are the Klingons and Federation on good terms, or at war, or what? What about the Romulans? Has Starfleet encountered the Borg yet?

I will let Ember confirm this, but I think the setting is after the Dominion War, so the Klingon Empire would be part of the Federation, the Romulan empire would be allied with both at least for the time being, and the Borg have effectively been neutralised...