Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Hannah just nods and she listens while waiting for the next step of action to be taken.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake set the machine down, pressing a button which sent out a green flash of light. At first nothing happened, but then a green mist seemed to trace out, pointing towards a building a few yards away, whose door was wide open.

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply follows them and she waits patiiently to see what they'll do next.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they approached the doorway Jake put his hand up and turned to Jen. "Go get the suitcase from under my seat on the plane," he said. "I don't have time to explain, you'll see why in a second."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stops in her tracks and she nods to Jake, awaiting the next course of action to be taken.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jen reappeared with the suitcase, handing it to Jake, who opened it, taking out what looked like a large metal slab. He pressed a button, an infrared image appearing on the screen. As he raised it a cluster of white heat signatures appeared vividly. "Oh...oh god, I was worried that was what we were dealing with," Jake said, biting his lip."

Lady Temptress

Hannah raises her brows at Jake and she heaves a worried sigh. " What's wrong now?" She questions.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"The creature's flattened everything for a good three blocks around but I couldn't figure out why, I think I just found the answer." He showed them the signatures in a cluster on the screen. "I'm not an expert, but I'd say she has a nest in this building."

Lady Temptress

" Maybe we should get that nest, take it elsewhere and have her come after it. " Suggest the real Hannah.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That's where we have the other problem," the alternate Jake said. "The one who followed us was male, if there's a nest here then there's a female creature running around too. If we're gonna move that nest we need to be very careful."

Lady Temptress

Hannah snickers and she nods to jake. " Oh, I'm all about carefull. Let's do this." Hannah wanted to get this in gear and take them down.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You and Jen go in, we'll cover you," Jake said to Hannah. "We should have more than enough ammo to deal with the adults at least."

Lady Temptress

" Alright." Hannah kisses her Jake and she nods." Aye, yes ear.m Hannah follows Jen's lead.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jen walked in, taking only a few moments to spot the nest full of eggs. It was sat in the middle of the floor, made out of what looked like a pile of recycling. There were seven small eggs within it. "Hannah, you seeing or hearing anything else in here?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks around cautiously and she listens intently. " I hear creaking and breathing, that isn't ours." she says in a whispered tone of voice to Jen.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

She paused, waiting to see if anything was happening. "Something's wrong, we're within a matter of yards of the nest of an apparentely rabid creature and yet nothing has come to scare us off. Someone's lying to us here."

Lady Temptress

" I suggest we all get the hell out of here and as fast as we can. I smell some kind of a trap and I'm not sticking around to find out what kind, or by who. Come on." she says and starts to take off, waiting for Jake and the others to go with her.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Oh it's definitely a trap," Jen said. "But I don't think they're the ones trying to trap us." She nodded to a barely-lit corner of the room where another creature could be seen watching them but not moving. She took her communicator on, pressing a button. "Jake, I need you to act normally as I say this. Enter the building but tell our otherworldy buddies out there."

Lady Temptress

Hannah groans and she nods her head while wondering what the hell will happen next. When will it ever end?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What's going on?" he asked as he reached them. "We...they're gonna be suspicious if we take too long."

"I think someone's lying to us," Jen replied. "We only have their word that these things are a threat and considering they aren't even moving to protect their nest yet you really think they're likely to flatten several buildings?"

"What are you saying?"

"We only have your...his word for what really happened," Jen replied. "I think we might be on the wrong side here."

Lady Temptress

Hannah is very annoyed and tired. " You know, there are others here involved with this than just you Jake and Jen. Mind telling the rest of us what the hell your talking about?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You said you had to fix the timeline?" Jen asked.

"Yeah, there was a major temporal incursion," Jake replied. "Are you saying it didn't return to normal?"

"You want me to explain it simply?" Jen asked Hannah. "I've been around the Agency my entire life and I have my dad's records of the Agency too. If the situation was this bad they'd send the military in. I don't think these things are a threat at all, I think someone attacked them, threatened their children and did exactly what any parents would do in the situation: they defended themselves."

There was a noise from behind them and the mother creature got up, heading towards them. However, although Jake went for his gun the creature walked up to Hannah, rubbing its nuzzle against her affectionately.

"You still want to try telling me these things are killers?" Jen asked them both.

Lady Temptress

" I think they want us to protect them. Or they could have killed us by now." She nods her head to Jen. " Yeah, thanks for explaning. " She shrugs at Jake and they never get to be alone anymore. A sigh is heard fron Hannah and she strokes the Mother creature whose nuzzling her.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"anyone got any ideas what we do then?" Jen asked. "I think we can assume your doubles are in on this too, they were the ones telling us to kill these things."

Lady Temptress

" I haven't a clue what to do." The real Hannah says and she shrugs her shoulders while petting the creature.
Lady Dreamer