Skyhold - A DA:I RP

Started by Primarch, January 25, 2015, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 27, 2015, 09:21:22 AM
@Vergil Tanner: No idea. Im still figuring things out for her. Inquisition was my first Dragon Age game, im still learning the ropes.

To my shock and sadness I just learned that thanks to The Blight, Griffons really are extinct.  :'(

Unfortunately yes, the last of the Griffins died out centuries ago due to
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
being introduced to the Taint in an attempt to make them immune like the Wardens. That kinda backfired though and a huge series of events basically made all the Griffons into SUPER GRIFFON's. Faster, stronger, etc... But extremely aggressive. So they had to be put down and the rest died out. 13 purified Griffon's were hatched though(recently around the time of the Mage-Templar war), so the race while practically extinct may indeed be brought back in time. And considering that was 80 years ago, by now there could be more Griffon's.

Oh, Vergil beat me to it, lol.

Juggtacular

A Spirit Whip would be crazy cool. Just start going crazy with it in the middle of a fight and the opposition freaks out. "Andraste's knickers! What's that?! It's clearly a whip! Well it's glowin'! And that whip just cut off Jenkin's leg!"

It's probably possible to revert a demon to a spirit, but it might be that the effort and power needed are more trouble than their worth for the most part. If I recall, Solas seemed confident in the beginning that they could help his friend like that. It was just that they got to them too late.

The group itself I just planned to be random NPC's who I could build up if necessary, but to have other PC's along with him would make for a good time if a flashback ever came of it, and then they could all have a good laugh reminiscing that mission.("Remember that Desire Demon offered you the night of your life if you didn't cut her down? Don't lie, you know you were tempted to say yes. She even did that little dance to entice you.") So if anyone wants to have been a part of the group it's open to them. The event in question probably happened a while ago.

Maybe 1-3 years so it's still fresh in everyone's minds, but not a super recent thing. And I'm thinking he's just recently become the Inquisitor. That way he'll have the whole "big shoes to fill, weight of the world on his shoulders" feeling to him. He's been given this insanely huge responsibility because people think he deserves it. Now he has to push himself as hard as he can to repay that faith they showed and prove them right.

And yeah, he's definitely more Wynne/Solas than Vivienne.

Pretty much. Treat spirits with the respect they deserve, but be careful because they are extremely powerful and could be corrupted. And as he has magic he has to be all the more careful. He and Kas would probably have some very interesting conversations on that and other subjects.

Lustful Bride

I will sell all my hair to have one of our missions be investigating griffon rumors near Griffon Wing Keep. *insanely happy*

la dame en noir

Too much conversation happening all at once.

Feeling intimidated.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 27, 2015, 09:39:41 AM
Too much conversation happening all at once.

Feeling intimidated.

Don't be. :D   

This is all OC stuff and just us being nerds. Nothing to worry about.

Vergil Tanner

@Juggs: Lol, yeah, the person using it would just have to be careful not to whip it (pun unintended) about near his allies, in case he takes them out as well. :P

Yeah, he did...if you destroyed the summoning circle, it reverted to a Wisdom Spirit before it died. So if its been twisted away from its purpose, it can be reversed if you allow it to fulfil its purpose. However, what about a Spirit that has fulfilled its purpose in a certain way that has then twisted it, or if it has just been twisted by exposure to the wrong person (EG, Command into Pride or Purpose into Desire)? All questions Bioware needs to answer, methinks....hmmmm....

1-3 years...that means that Kas was already with the Inquisition, so even if he wasn't in Orlais for that event, he was at least with the Inquisition when it happened. Okey dokey, just trying to get the general timelines straight in my head. Hell, who knows? Maybe Kas was there, got dragged in and wasn't all that happy about it. As he would say, "The Fade is for you Mage-y types, not for regular people." XD
But yeah, that sounds good. Recently inducted, having to live up to the shadows of his predecessors...especially the first Inquisitor. I mean, in HIS first year, he stopped an Ancient Darkspawn from becoming a God and destroying the world. Not a bad first day at work, eh?

Oh, definitely. I'm thinking that Kas would still hold onto parts of the Qun, but experiences in non-Qun controlled lands would have probably shaken his beliefs and made him a little more liberal with his thinking. That, and the fact that his Qun "Mentors" hunted him across Thedas for something he didn't do, and weren't willing to listen to his protests that he was innocent. So that might have something to do with with his cynicism in regards to the Qun, haha. "For all their talk of Order and Duty, they're just like anybody else when they think you've crossed them; vindictive and unwilling to listen to reason."

Haha, yeah, whether the books are canon or not is kind of ambiguous at this point. Some are and some aren't, but Bioware hasn't stated outright which ones are/n't. Probably so they can pinch ideas from the books as and when they need to and claim it was Canon all the time. I mean, Cole and the White Spire and Rhys and Evangeline and the abuses by the Templars in an attempt to cover up that Tranquil thing were all present in one of the books that came out before Inquisition, so there's no telling which books are canon until Bioware includes their lore in their games.

@Lustful Bride: That would be awesome. Maybe something to talk to Primarch about? :-)

@ La Dame En Noir: Yeah, you can ignore the majority of my posts. A lot of it is just nerdy Off-Topic. XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

la dame en noir

a very rough draft
Player: la dame en noir
Character: Juliette Augusto
Origin Path: Human Noble

Appearance: Juliette stands at an average of five feet, five inches. Her body is shapely - Large breasts, hips, butt and small waist - all seem to run in the family when it came to the women. Her brown hair compliments her honey toned skin and iridescent green-hazel eyes. She prefers to dress elegant at the best of times, saving for her dancing clothes she wears while entertaining others.

Positon: Lady - Diplomat
Class: N/A
Skills:
Equipment:
Mount:

Favourite Gifts:
Hated Gifts:
Backstory: Juliette was fortunate to grow up in a very wealthy noble family in Antiva. As the only child to well-known diplomats, she had plenty of resources that would shape her career for the future. Growing up in Antiva with an affluent family, she had the fortunate experience of getting the best education status and money could buy. Juliette, being a naturally eloquent speaker, picked up a knack for lying to get the truth out of her parents and family. More often than not, she would get away with such a devious act, but little did she know it would shape her into the woman she grew up to be. Although a favorite amongst her friends and noblemen, it was rumored that her family was hiding a secret about her heritage, figuring that the family would lose their status if they were to ever find out.

It is said that Juliette is the bastard child of an Elven woman and her father, Vincent Augusto. Though not confirmed, it sparked talk amongst the poor and rich alike giving the fact that her features were somewhat elf like. When this knowledge hit her own ears, she wanted to know the truth from her family, but they remained silent only telling her that it was just a rumor. Because of this, she has vowed to find out the truth for herself, following a path of diplomacy much like her family has done for generations.

Despite her privileged background, Juliette often snuck out with a few of her closet friends to dance in taverns and experience the life as a commoner. She grew very much in love with the culture and the people and it a hobby that she would frequent quite often. Her dancing, eloquence, and beauty, all brought quite the following and fanbase that she did not expect. During her eighteenth birthday, she encountered a group of elite noblemen from the Tevinter territory. She knew of the Tevinter people, but not put a lot of time into really knowing who they were as a people.

While performing for them, she learned they were there for more than just a visit. They were looking for an illegal way of kidnapping the common folk of Antiva to sell into slavery in Tevinter. The Antivan men and women were known for their good looks and sexual freedom and expression, making them a nice target for slavery and good money. Worried, Juliette quickly found a few of her noble assassins to get rid of them and find out who exactly was behind the whole charade from the beginning. After these events had passed, Juliette made a point to take her diplomacy seriously, using her dancing as a skill to find those that were hard to get through by other means.

Now, she dedicates her energy to finding out gossip before it begins and using her diplomacy to relay messages and negotiations between cultures and nations.

Other: 
Theme - El Dorado by Two Steps from Hell

Ons: Player/Character turn-ons
Offs: Player/Character turn-offs

I'm still trying to figure out the backstory for my diplomat. Everything else will come naturally after that.
A&A | FxF |

Odanrav

Excellent, a fellow Antivan for Yvette to trade witty banter and naughty innuendo with. And absolutely gorgeous to boot. Can't wait to learn more about Juliette la dame. :)

la dame en noir

Thanks! :3 I'm glad to hear it. Everything I have right now are in bullet points on a word document lol.
A&A | FxF |

Juggtacular

Kain loves the Antivan ladies.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, Kas lo- well, Kas doesn't love anybody. He kinda hates people, heh. But he appreciates Antivan ladies. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

la dame en noir

lol well, Juliette is very picky herself.
A&A | FxF |

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, in that case, I wonder who she'll end up "picking"? :P

Wajin

Just a quick question before I decide to start making a character. What about the old spells from the previous games? those not in Inquisition, Shapeshifting for example
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

mia h

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player: mia h
Character: Kaylah Witt
Origin Path: Human

Appearance:

Position: Captain of Witt's Wanderers
Class: Rouge - Archer (Hunter)
Skills:
Archery : First Blood, Explosive Shot (Chain Reaction), Longshot, Pincushion, Full Draw, Strafing Shot, Leaping Shot, Death from Above
Sabotage : Caltrops, Looked like it Hurt, Cheap Shot
Subterfuge : Stealth, Evasion, Evade, Easy to Miss
Artificer : Spike Trap, Set them Up, Opportunity Knocks, Hail of Arrows.

Equipment:
Armour : A commissioned set of Hunter Armour, that includes leggings that have enchanted to improve Kaylah's stealth
Weapons : Balanced Winged Longbow, that has a lightning rune added. Kaylah carries an Antivan Bleeder dagger that's only really used as a last resort.
Other : Wears an enchanted necklace that helps Kaylah cut through opponents armour.
Mount: Fereldan Forder - Lucy

Favourite Gifts: Feathers - Kaylah still makes most of her own arrows and appreciates a good feather, she also makes jewelry out of smaller more brightly colored feathers that wouldn't be useful for fletching.
Hated Gifts: Anything made from Nugskin.

Backstory: Kaylah and her family lived on the fertile farm lands of the Hinterlands, life was generally peaceful and quiet even after the 5th Blight which caused a small influx of Fereldan refugees looking to start over. While the local farms suffered from the occasional bandit raid, these raids were more of a nuisance than a problem. But with the collapse of the Chantry and the Fall of the Circle life in the Hinterlands became more chaotic, the bandit raids increased and with the normal forces or order in disarray the bandits became more daring. The local villagers tried to organise themselves as best they could to defend against the attacks, Kaylah had always been good with a bow and often added to the family dinner table with animals she had snared or shot, so she joined with other villagers to start hunting other prey.
The hunters were able to score some early successes as the bandits weren't prepared for anyone to fight back, but that didn't last long and soon the bandits were back in larger numbers. Kaylah had a knack for quickly learning the lessons from any encounters with the bandits and was able to adapt the villagers tactics to raiders, as a result Kaylah became the de facto leader of the village militia. The tearing of the Veil saw the arrival of Red Templars in the region, which the villagers were powerless to stop on their own but the arrival of unit if troops from the Inquisition brought the weapons and troop numbers the villagers needed to defeat the Red Templars. When the bulk of Inquisition left Kaylah and some of the villagers left with them. The Inquisition commander noted how the new recruits were taking their lead from Kaylah and put her in command of the new unit of irregular troops. Eventually Kaylah was officially given command of a contingent of troops, who named themselves Witt's Wanderers after their commander and her extensive use of guerrilla tactics and scouting raids.

Other:
Ons & Offs: Walk this way
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

la dame en noir

we have quite a bit of females
A&A | FxF |

Primarch

Just to point out something from the opening post concerning character apps in relation to appearance:
QuoteDA:I screenshot or 'real' images please
And if the 'main' image could depict a character in somewhat appropriate attire (Period/Fantasy) I'd really appreciate it. Cheers.

@Odanrav: Concerning your character, I'm currently only accepting characters who are actually a part of the Inquisition. We'll delve into other options when the game has an established cast of characters to further the main purpose of the game.

@Lustful Bride: Such a mission can certainly be arranged.

@A Japanese Dane: DA:I abilities.

I'll get up an OOC & Character thread either tomorrow or Thursday. We'll start the game on Friday or the weekend with the 'Skyhold/down-time' thread and first War Table will follow a few days later after everyone has had time to get into their characters with a little IC activity.

Vergil Tanner

Just a question...what do you mean by "Real?" As in, just a picture of said character, or a picture of a real-life person as a "Faceclaim?" Because personally speaking, I don't know of any celebrities that fit the appearance I had in mind for Kas, haha.

Also, a question in regards to the general posting courtesy in-game...will it be "Post when you want," or will posting be limited in some way? The former slows down pace, whereas the latter risks people being left behind if they're busy or in a different time zone...just a curiosity I had over the logistics of gameplay so I can plan my posting schedule accordingly (assuming that Kas is accepted). Please and thank you :D

Primarch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on January 27, 2015, 03:18:54 PM
Just a question...what do you mean by "Real?" As in, just a picture of said character, or a picture of a real-life person as a "Faceclaim?" Because personally speaking, I don't know of any celebrities that fit the appearance I had in mind for Kas, haha.
Real life person/face claim, yes. Other images may be used to flesh out the appearance of the character, placed in spoiler tags under the 'Other' section.

QuoteAlso, a question in regards to the general posting courtesy in-game...will it be "Post when you want," or will posting be limited in some way? The former slows down pace, whereas the latter risks people being left behind if they're busy or in a different time zone...just a curiosity I had over the logistics of gameplay so I can plan my posting schedule accordingly (assuming that Kas is accepted). Please and thank you :D

War table/mission/plot threads will get a GM/Plot post once a week, players will need to make one post during that week and are not restricted by a posting order. If a player does not post, it will be assumed their character 'froze' or otherwise did not act. The 'Skyhold' thread will be more relaxed, players may post at their own rate though I ask if a small number of players are posting very frequently, they set up another thread so as not to drown out other players.

Vergil Tanner

Ok...but what if I can't find a Faceclaim that matches what I want Kas to look like (which I can't; I did try, but I can't)? Is the picture I provided sufficient, or do I have to find a celebrity to "play" him? Because I don't think I can do that. I spent quite a while looking earlier today, and I just couldn't find one I was happy with.

Right, gotcha. Although, we may want to hold off on the amount of threads as much as possible...Group Games get a maximum of two threads per player before they hit 1000 IC posts (at which point they get a board), so until we hit that magic number, we're going to be limited in how many threads we have. Main Mission, OOC, Character and Skyhold is already 4 threads.
At least, that's my understanding of the rules, I could be wrong there. :-)

Juggtacular

I'm in a group game now that had tons of threads before we reached BGS. We had about 14 or so before we got Big Game.

Vergil Tanner

How many players did that game have, out of curiosity? Assleigh told me that she had been told that it was two threads per player, but it could have changed....I should probably double check with one of the Mods, come to think of it...

Juggtacular

At the time it was a ton of us. Still quite a few left.

Odanrav

Quote from: Primarch on January 27, 2015, 03:10:39 PM
@Odanrav: Concerning your character, I'm currently only accepting characters who are actually a part of the Inquisition. We'll delve into other options when the game has an established cast of characters to further the main purpose of the game.

Thank you for letting me know Primarch. Unfortunately I feel like I'll have to withdraw from the game for the time being then. I do feel like it's important to my character for her to enter the picture the way I imagine it. I may bring her back in later at a point you'd find acceptable, or create a new character. I'll contemplate on things. Thank you everyone and good luck, I feel like this group has a ton of potential.

la dame en noir

@Primarch: Are my images okay for the character? I've been searching for hours for appropriate photos. Its kind of hard when I only play dark skinned characters lol.
A&A | FxF |