Mutants & Masterminds 2e

Started by MasterMischief, November 14, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isengrad

So, I am using the demo of Heros lab and useing the pl 10 and 150pp....I keep hitting the PL limit for attack and Damage or DC. least that's the warning.

original artwork by karabiner

MasterMischief

The combined total of your Attack Bonus and Damage Bonus can not exceed PL * 2.  So you can have a 10 and 10 or an 8 and 12, for example.  The same applies to your Defense Bonus and Toughness.

Isengrad

Ohhh, ok. i was looking through the book but did not see that. thank you.

TheGlyphstone

Power Level, page 24, for future reference.

Isengrad

Thank you, think I have him worked out now. will post once i get all his info transcribed.

Isengrad

Name: Nathaniel Vetrov
Codename: Lodestone
Sex: male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Size: Medium
Height: 7'0"
Weight: 255 lbs

Str: 15/35(powered)
Dex: 13
Con: 13
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 15

Toughness:+1(unpowered)|(powered)+7/+12(11 impervious)  Defense: +8
Fortitude: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +5 Knock back resist:(unpowered)-1|(powered)-11/-14

Attack(melee): +8
Attack(ranged): +8
Grapple:(unpowered)+10|(Powered)+20/+23

Skills
+2 bluff
+2 climb
+1 Concentration
+6 diplomacy
+2 disguise
+1 escape artist
+2 gather information
+6 intimidate
+5 investigate
+5 notice
+1 search
+1 sense motive
+1 stealth
+5 survival
+2 swim
Feats
Fearless
Improved crit(unarmed)3
Inspire 2
interpose
luck 2
leadership
Powers
Mag shift(Linked powerset)
Density:Rank 10|+20 strength, Weight multiplier x10, Adds: Immovable 3, Protection 5(impervious), Super Strength 3
Electromagnetic Flight:Flight 3 keyword:Magnetic|Speed: 50mph/440ft/rd.|Drawback: Power loss, Strong magnetic Attack or Strong Magnetic Field
Ferromagnetic Nodes:Electricity Control 10|Dc25 Range 100ft / Cone 60 ft
Obsidian Shell: Protection 6|+6 toughness/Impervious

Attacks
Powered
  • Unarmed|+12 dmg, Dc27, 17-20 crit
  • Electrical control|+10 dmg, Dc25
    Unpowered
  • Unarmed|+2 dmg, Dc17, 17-20 crit

Drawbacks
  • Vulnerable|Moderate|Uncommon|Magnetic attacks

Complications
  • Prolonged use of his power Floods his body with hormones, increasing Anger and base drives (hunger, libido and the like)

Point breakdown
    Abilities-20, Skills-5, Feats-10, Powers-73, Combat-32, Saves-12, Drawbacks - -2

TheGlyphstone

Good so far. Is there a reason you've distinguished between his Powered and Unpowered states when Density is a Free Action to activate/de-activate? It'd be a cleaner sheet to just list his 'powered-up' stats, since we can assume he would be empowered any time it matters.

As far as your Vulnerability - Magnetism will definitely be an Uncommon frequency, but you left out what Frequency you assigned to it in HeroLab.

Isengrad

Made the Edits, I Differentiated because there is always a chance he may be caught unaware, or be knocked unconscious. but I can just drop the unpowered if you like.

TheGlyphstone

Fair enough, on the surprise. Unconscious is less important because he'd be Helpless anyways, so leaving it there is a better idea than I thought at first.

Isengrad

Yeah Density is Sustained so if he gets knocked out, he reverts to his normal density. Since I linked his powers when the density shuts off, the extra protection does as well. He is as Vulnerable as a regular Human, Like attacking Colossus before he can Armor up.

TheGlyphstone

So of the various people expressing interest, I've gotten sheets from MasterMischief, Muse, Jefapato, and Isengrad. You all still around and want to be in the game?

RubySlippers

I just am having some issues with powers, I want to play a half-devil three inches tall permanently and some interesting powers. She will be kind of power heavy over talents or skills not she won't have those but I figure her main strengths will be innate supernatural gifts.

TheGlyphstone

You want to be permanently three inches tall? Well, I don't see why not.

What issues are you having?

RubySlippers

Mostly the number crunching, and balancing her out. She will be power heavy like I said.

Jefepato

I'm still interested, yeah (sorry, RL has been kinda busy), although as noted I'm likely to adjust the concept a bit.

I still like the magic-trickster idea, but if RubySlippers is playing a tiny devil, she might already be doing something along those lines?  (Not really sure what powers you were planning on, RS, so by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but "tiny devil" makes me think "trickster imp.")

I might just scare up a few more Equipment ranks (who needs Improved Initiative anyway) so the character as-otherwise-written can have a rocket launcher and a few other tricks.  Does tear gas work on aliens?

TheGlyphstone

Regular tear gas probably wouldn't, since their physiologies are different, but the six months since A-Day woud give you enough time to concoct an equivalent that does affect their biologies in a manner similar to tear gas. So you can take some alien tear gas grenades or whatever.

Ixy

So... what does this game actually 'need' right now?  Or does the GM need someone to write various NPC roles?

MasterMischief

I am very much still around and still very much interested in being part of the game.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ixy on January 27, 2016, 07:01:32 AM
So... what does this game actually 'need' right now?  Or does the GM need someone to write various NPC roles?

Nothing except potential players, if you want to whip together a sheet before I close recruiting and pick a final group.

Ixy

sorry, I  don't think I even have the rules for 2nd edition... all I really have to work with is the d20herosrd.  If that's compatible-- or close enough that someone would donate the time to help me line it up correctly-- then I'll be glad to throw a concept up tonight.

TheGlyphstone

Sadly, the HeroSRD is for 3e, which is fairly different. Enough of the core concepts are the same, but the devil is as always in the details.

Isengrad

you can actually get the Demo of heroslap and load the M&M 2nd edition mod. I did that with mine, also helped me build it pretty well and warned me when i was making it to powerful.

MasterMischief

I would be willing to help you, Ixy, if you still need.  You can drop me a PM.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Isengrad on January 27, 2016, 07:44:08 PM
you can actually get the Demo of heroslap and load the M&M 2nd edition mod. I did that with mine, also helped me build it pretty well and warned me when i was making it to powerful.
That, on the other hand, is an excellent idea.

And yeah, all of us will be happy to help you turn a concept into dots on a sheet if you need it.