You can't take the sky from me!

Started by Missy, September 20, 2011, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberTrash

"Now think real hard. You've been birddoggin this township awhile now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you."

Bar-none the most badass line in scifi-crossdressing-television history.

Stone

Quote from: AmberTrash on September 25, 2011, 02:49:42 PM
Bar-none the most badass line in scifi-crossdressing-television history.

As far as Firefly goes, for me it'll always be, "I aim to misbehave."
The sphere was solid with Plunkett, and only waited for someone to be in; like, like the meaning of a word waiting for a word to be the meaning of. - John Crowley, Engine Summer.

To manipulate a man is a careful project. Too light a hand, and he follows his own whim; too heavy a hand, and he will turn on you. - Thief II: The Metal Age.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Stone on September 25, 2011, 02:55:21 PM
As far as Firefly goes, for me it'll always be, "I aim to misbehave."
For me.. it's the ending to the Train Job.. Mal giving the money back, telling the thug no hard feelings.. thug threatens Mal. Mal kicks thug into ship engine intake and turns to the next thug. Who is surprisingly cooperative.
(the moment is at 10:47 of the video)

Firefly - 1.2 - The Train Job [3/3]

Aadreal

It's so hard to choose favorite lines and scenes!  From the movie, my favorite scene is in the beginning when they are getting ready for the job.  Mal just told Jayne no grenades.  The conversation between Jayne and Zoe in the background always makes me giggle and Jayne's little awwwuh at the end.

For the series...again, would have to be Jayne.  Our Mrs. Reynolds.  When Jayne shows up holding Vera, cocking the gun and Mal thinks Jayne is going to shoot him.  The expression on Jayne's face, the reverence and love he has for Vera. 

Shjade

Quote from: Aadreal on September 25, 2011, 03:06:14 PM
For the series...again, would have to be Jayne.  Our Mrs. Reynolds.  When Jayne shows up holding Vera, cocking the gun and Mal thinks Jayne is going to shoot him.  The expression on Jayne's face, the reverence and love he has for Vera.

QuoteWell, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

AmberTrash

Quote from: Shjade on September 25, 2011, 03:31:32 PM
Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Haaaa! That one made me laugh out loud for sure.

Martee

Every one of them make me smile - they're all so good!

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Callie Del Noire

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

One of my favorites.. :D

Snow Cherry

Quote from: Shjade on September 25, 2011, 10:48:33 AM
The closest I've come to fanboy territory on the subject was considering buying a browncoat when I saw a Firefly booth at Comicon, but the coats just weren't worth their cost for me despite being zomg Firefly stuffs.

ZOMG.... firefly stuffs!   *pervs the thread*

Keefie

All the moments are the best moments. Each time i think of the one's y'all have mentioned it's like, how can you even pick?
I love Firefly and Serenity, but i'd have to choose some obscure moments to pick as my faves, just to be different.
Firefly, Ep.1: Mal's reaction when River wakes up in the container.
Serenity: The look on the operative's face when the reavers burst out of the storm following Serenity.

Classic.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Stone on September 25, 2011, 06:53:31 AM
I'm going to get some flak for this, but I never thought Firefly was very special.

Compared to American Idol and the plethora of other drek that graces the airwaves, it is a Mona Lisa among finger paintings.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 14, 2011, 09:54:23 PM
Compared to American Idol and the plethora of other drek that graces the airwaves, it is a Mona Lisa among finger paintings.

Hey.. some exec had to work hard to kill a good show to make for whatever reality drivel he was pimping.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 14, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Hey.. some exec had to work hard to kill a good show to make for whatever reality drivel he was pimping.

That right there is reason enough to join the Occupy America movement.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 14, 2011, 10:01:02 PM
That right there is reason enough to join the Occupy America movement.

What you didn't figure it out when a good show gets torpedoed and then some crap reality TV like the Bachelor, the <whatever> gets pimped for the rest of the season with three times the ad coverage, crap ratings but still is 'historical TV'

Aemirys

::runs in crazily crying out::

You can't stop the Serenity!

::goes and grabs her Firefly DVDs and gets comfy to watch the magic all over again::
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Geeklet

Stone

Since Firefly and Nathan Fillion go hand in hand, I just saw Super yesterday, and Fillion does a great turn as a pro-chastity television superhero/dream Jesus. Have you guys seen it?

Plus: Ellen Page's head explodes, which is always nice.  O:)
The sphere was solid with Plunkett, and only waited for someone to be in; like, like the meaning of a word waiting for a word to be the meaning of. - John Crowley, Engine Summer.

To manipulate a man is a careful project. Too light a hand, and he follows his own whim; too heavy a hand, and he will turn on you. - Thief II: The Metal Age.

Sel Nar

Semi-related, but the scene in Castle, when he's trying on Halloween costumes for a party, and his daughter looks over at a familar browncoat and holster...

Mal reference in Castle episode "Vampire Weekend"

Avis habilis

"Didn't you wear that, like, five years ago?"

Hee!

Shjade

"Don't you think you should move on?"

Ouch, take that Firefly fans. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Geeklet