Remiel

World Cup fans -- are there any out there?  XD

For all World Cup discussion.

Nico

Quote from: Remiel on June 18, 2018, 09:26:04 AM
World Cup fans -- are there any out there?  XD

You can bet on it. :P

Remiel

So, apparently, Mexico fans were so happy when Lozano scored to beat Germany, 1-0, that they caused a small earthquake.

Also, has anyone been following the Landon Donovan controversy?  Supposedly he pissed off a lot of current and former USMNT players with his Wells Fargo ad invoking US fans to support Mexico.

I don't get what the big deal is.  US didn't qualify due to their own incompetence.  Dude wants to support Mexico, let him support Mexico.  A Mexico win or--heck, even a strong showing--will raise CONCACAF prestige, which can only be a good thing.

Edit: Also, this.

Deamonbane

Good news for all you rugby fans: Hugging and tackling players inside the box is no longer considered a foul!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Remiel

Yeah, I saw that.  Neymar apparently has the World Cup record for having the most fouls (read as: being fouled the most) in a single World Cup game.

[edit] apparently, I got that wrong.  He's been fouled the most in 20 years, but not ever.

Life in Color

Let's goooooooooo Iran!

Formless

World Cup is full of surprises this time around.

Well, except for my team ... we sucked hard ...

Formless

Life in Color

Quote from: Formless on June 19, 2018, 08:01:14 PM
Saudi Arabia.

I grew up in Saudi.

Seeing them out on the first round hurt.

Remiel

Quote from: Life in Color on June 19, 2018, 08:36:55 PM
I grew up in Saudi.

They're not technically out yet, but they would have to beat both Uruguay and Egypt--a pretty tall order.

Life in Color

Quote from: Remiel on June 19, 2018, 08:44:09 PM
They're not technically out yet, but they would have to beat both Uruguay and Egypt--a pretty tall order.

Insha'allah!

;)

Formless

Quote from: Life in Color on June 19, 2018, 08:36:55 PM
I grew up in Saudi.

Well, we've got a long way to go before we can take down the World cup.The days of 94 will never happen again. ::)

Quote from: Remiel on June 19, 2018, 08:44:09 PM

Its a long stretch. We need to win both matches, AND Russia must win against Uruguay ... or at least gets a draw. Any win for Uruguay will automatically eliminate us.

Life in Color

Quote from: Formless on June 19, 2018, 09:34:21 PM
Well, we've got a long way to go before we can take down the World cup.The days of 94 will never happen again. ::)

Tru fax.

Aiden

I am required by race to support Mexico.

So....

Life in Color

Aiden

Besides, our people is now harnessing Super powers.

-cast earthquake-

Magnitude 10!

Life in Color

Quote from: Aiden on June 20, 2018, 12:05:27 AM
Besides, our people is now harnessing Super powers.

-cast earthquake-

Magnitude 10!

That was pretty cool to read about.

Aleph

I'm a touch miffed. Why couldn't France have joined the terribly fashionable "first game suckage from seeded team"?? Australia could really use the points....

That said, I think we're doing pretty well, all things considered. No 4-0s...yet.

Shout out to my AFC-based co-fans.

JAP-COL was a top game last night (In Melbourne, all games are 22:00, 01:00 and 04:00  ::) ) too.

BTW, is anyone watching it on internet streaming?

Remiel

This could only happen with Japanese fans.

Japanese fans impress by cleaning up stadium after game

Life in Color

Amelita

First game: Made Messi cry.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Life in Color

Quote from: Amelita on June 20, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
Made Messi cry.

It's not really that hard.

Half of the fun of watching soccer games is seeing how dramatic they are about their injuries, isn't it?

Amelita

Naw, he missed a penalty that would have gotten Argentina a 2-1 instead of a draw against tiny tiny Iceland ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Remiel

Quote from: Life in Color on June 20, 2018, 06:35:39 PM
It's not really that hard.

Half of the fun of watching soccer games is seeing how dramatic they are about their injuries, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVSkEuyrPY

It's like watching a fish flopping around.