Your Top 5 Anime Characters

Started by Elias, April 22, 2012, 07:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

Good to grasp favorite story-lines and genres, and I am bored :P

1) L from Death Note, I love the deeply psychological stuff and I adored this particular character. The way he played Kira through much of the early show knowing so little of the rules to the game, he really set the standards for detectives. I mean I think even Sherlock would be impressed.

2) lelouch vi britannia from Code Geass He has a dream but can't help but hold people in his hand like chess pieces. Its a thing of beauty and I recommend it to anyone who likes a more cerebral anime.

3) Kira from Death Note also brilliant, he would have been my favorite except he showed his dark side just a little too quickly for me, it was hard not to see L as the hero despite the fact I agreed with Kira ideologically.

4)Rock of Black Lagoon an overlooked series probably because some of the content is too dark for a lot of people. I think it was a brilliant piece and Rock's choice of self fulfillment over the lives of others creates a character I can respect all the while cringe, I recommend this series big time.

5) Hinata of Naruto and Naruto Shippudon. I am a hopeless romantic. I can't help myself while some may say Sasuke is the secret main character and Naruto gives you those glimmers of brilliance Hinata rises above the rest, her reliance on Naruto and than her transformation where he simply becomes her inspiration than finally protecting him against Pain. I love her shes grown more than any other character in the series and she accepts everything that comes her way with a can do attitude, she may not be my favorite over all but among the Naruto lot she just makes me happy, she has a special place in my heart. Mostly cause I am sucker.

Well those are mine, please share :D

TentacleFan

I'm not good with numbered lists. This is in no particular order and honestly if you ask me for the list again in five minutes it might be all or partly different. But as of sitting down to write this I will say....

Batou (Ghost in the Shell and Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex Seasons 1 & 2) - I love the Major from the same movie/series but Batou is just too cool not to love. His awesome cyber eyes, his personality, the amazing Richard Epcar doing his english dub. He really shines in late season 2 of Stand Alone Complex.

Haruka Haruhala (FLCL) - She's one crazy girl and for some reason that really appeals to me. From her use of bass guitar as a bludgeoning instrument (one with a motor on it to boot!) to her badass scooter and her cool riding gear. She's just my kind of crazy.

Ayanami Rei (Evangelion) - Talk about a 180. From the crazy of Haruka I go to the calm reserved Rei. There's something about her. The mystery, the dedication, the blue hair.  ;D I remember the scene that made her one of my favorites was when she and Shinji were waiting for all of the power of Japan to be harnessed to power the weapon they were going to fire at the current angel and she told him how she wanted to protect everyone.

Nemo (Nadia Secret of Blue Water) - A true mystery man, the way he stood up to Gargoyle throughout the series was masterful. Every confrontation was so well played.

Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star) - A favorite since I started collecting anime on DVD back when it was just starting to be available on disc. If I were to find myself in an anime characters life I can't think of many that would compete with Gene's. A cool starship, his best friend/brother and a trio of attractive and very competent (well mostly) ladies for a crew.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Starlequin

Oh, man. Tough list, especially since its been a while since I've been able to catch any new anime. Let's see:

5. Lupin, Lupin the 3rd. Bold, brilliant, daring, one of -- if not the -- greatest thieves in (fictional) history. Not to mention the only man who ever managed to go toe to toe with the delectably devious Fujiko Mine. Need I say more?

4. Vash the Stampede, Trigun. The Humanoid Typhoon, capable of standing alone against impossible odds and coming through without a scratch. The gunman with a heart of gold never misses his target, but he'll go to inhuman lengths to avoid taking a life under any circumstances.

3. Yusuke Urameshi, Yu Yu Hakusho. Toughest punk of Sariyashi Junior High and no mistake. Winner of the lethal Dark Tournament, defender of the Human world and Prince of the Tri-kingdom of Demon World. So badass he had to go to hell just to find worthy opponents.

2. Spike Speigel, Cowboy Bebop. Sharp and smoother than fine whiskey, fearless under fire and carrying the weight of a dark, sordid past, not to mention ace pilot of the Swordfish and an avid student of Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun Do. You just can't get cooler than bounty hunter Spike Speigel.

1. Yoh Asakura, Shaman King. The only people more laid back than this guy are in comas. Nothing ruffles Yoh for long, and his clarity of thought serves him and his faithful spirit partner Amidamaru well in battle. But its his compassion and loyalty, along with that of his friends, that make him a force to be reckoned with.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Violence

I feel like I could have answered this so much better a few years ago...

I'm pretty sure I want to put Gourry Gabriev (Slayers) on my list.  He was one of the first characters that I ever really latched on to when my geekdom kinda began blossoming.  Subsequently, he was one of the first characters I got to watch kinda fade into uselessness within his own series, but he still manages to have his moments now and again.

Yakushi Kabuto (Naruto).  I remember pointing to him the first time he popped into the opening credits and declaring that "white haired kid with glasses" was going to "wreck some shit" and "Kakashi ain't got nothin' on White Haired Kid With Glasses".  At the time it was just in response to literally every one of my friends telling me how awesome Kakashi was, but he did prove to become my favorite character in the franchise.  And while it's been a while since I've been keeping up with it, I understand he's managed to wreck more than his share of shit.

Ken-Oh / Raoh (Fist of the North Star).  Fist of the North Star was one of the first "grown up" anime that I ever watched, and as such Raoh was probably the first real villain that I got to see in an animated feature.  I liked that he never really struck me as evil or needlessly cruel.  I was used to bad guys doing things because "that's what bad guys do" but with Raoh it always felt like I could see his end-game and understand his motivation.

Oni Mashou Shutendouji (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) / Anubis (Ronin Warriors).  This character ignited my love for Oni as well as my fondness for Kusarigama as a weapon to give characters.  Also, he might be the first time I ever ran into the case of a bad guy trying to redeem himself getting pushed around by the other bad guys until he has to fight back and remind everybody there's always somebody badder.  So, it's probably safe to say this character influenced me in a lot of ways... ^.^;

Asakura Hao (Shaman King).  The others on my list probably aren't in any given order, but this guy is definitely number 1.  Hao is the other half (or majority depending on translation) of Asakura Yoh that Starlequin mentioned.  They're similar in a lot of ways, but different in probably the most important ones.  If Yoh says something is "not worth worrying about" he means what most people mean, and he applies that to most negative things in life.  When Hao says something is "not worth worrying about" he means it's literally beneath his notice like you're asking him to care about the problems of insects.  I don't really know what it was about Hao that made him so interesting to me... the fact that he was basically a god was probably a part of it, though.  He's very much like Galactus in that you almost feel like you're watching a force of nature when you see him at work.  Which, I guess makes Anna all that more badass given that she's the only one to land a physical hit on him in the entire series...

I spent way more time thinking about this than I probably should have... >.>;;;
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Mander

Kamina (Guran Lagan) - Manly man, the shit he says.

Mari Wakatake (Blue Drop) - The kids got spunk and their stubbornness is rather amusing.

Holo (Spice and Wolf) - Clever yet funny and turns into a big wolf.

Itsuki Minami (Air Gear) - He does what ever the hell he wants and is a perv which is rather funny the way they show it. He also kicks ass .

Melissa Mao (Full Metal Panic) - she doesn't care about anything and it makes her very amusing.

These aren't necessarily my top 5 but are some of my favorites.
I wrote your name and burned it to see the color of the flame, and it burned out the whole spectrum as if you were everything.
~Brand New

O/O's

CmdrRenegade

Hajime Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)-total badass who takes no shit from anyone.  Condescending as hell, but that adds to his character in such a great way. 

Rei (Fist of the North Star)-the master of Nanto Suicho Ken turned a graceful martial art into one of the most beautiful and badass styles I've seen in anything. 

Yoruichi Shihoin (Bleach) -she's fun, flirtatious, and curvy as hell

Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)-a badass who knows what he wants and stakes it all to achieve his goal.  Loyal almost to a fault, but takes no shit from anyone including his captain.

Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost Files)-another bad ass like Saito, also who doesn't love Dragon of the Darkness Flame
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

LunarSage

*proceeds to date himself*

1.  Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

2.  Ukyou Kuonji from Ranma 1/2

3.  Nene Romanova from (the original) Bubblegum Crisis

4.  Happosai from Ranma 1/2

5.  Lina Inverse from The Slayers

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sasquatch421

Here's my 5 in no real order....

Prince Vegeta (Dragonball Z)~ Comes to Earth to find the dragonballs and wish for eternal life. It took Gohan in giant ape form accidently falling on him to finally beat him. Then as the series goes on he reluctantly joins the Z fighters just to have another shot at Goku. He marries Bulma, has children then in a moment of clarity finally tells Trunks that he loves him and he's proud of him. Then in one breath taking moment sacrifices himself with a breath taking attack to try and stop Majin Buu....

Shippou (Inuyasha)
Four Murasame (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
Elpeo Puru (Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ)
Char (Mobile Suit Gundam)

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: LunarSage on May 13, 2012, 09:46:15 AM
*proceeds to date himself*

1.  Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

2.  Ukyou Kuonji from Ranma 1/2

3.  Nene Romanova from (the original) Bubblegum Crisis

4.  Happosai from Ranma 1/2

5.  Lina Inverse from The Slayers

'wish I'd added some of them.  I had a huge perverse crush on Ukyou.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Vergil1989

Might as well throw my hat into the mix.  :D  These are in no particular order.

Edward and Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach.

Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh.  (Whether or not it's actually an anime I cannot be certain however, but I still loved it a great deal growing up.)

And who can forget the unstoppable Rurouni Kenshin himself?  From 4;30 onward ladies and gents.
Rurouni Kenshin Episode 1 Part 2 English Dubbed

And last but not least, get your game on with Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX!
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page