Player Seeking DM For Moderate/High Level 3.5 Game

Started by GravinHeart, July 30, 2011, 04:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Indeed. Anyway Im eager to get this storm train going.

Kate

Ok, story teller and other girls play this -

Can you tell me what sort of character who doesnt HAVE to succeed in seducing yours, but of a nature that doesn't put you off role playing in this group.

(ie some dont like role playing in a group where any futa / herm characters exist ... some love them,
some dont like females playing males .. some don't care ... some don't like the idea of others playing a dragon etc .. list goes on )

Love to know all the other girls thoughts on this matter, I have preferences but I am flexible.

PhantomPistoleer

I'm going to pull out one of my favorite characters from an Eberron campaign.  He'll be L6 Factotum.

The Lion of the Press:
The Ballad of Campbell Garrett
Adventurer, Explorer and Famed Reporter for the Korremberg Press

"Lissen my man, I'm jest heer to get de' stone culd facts;  but if we're keeping this off'er de record, then by oll meens, imbellish a littel."
--  By Campbell Garrett, 998 YK

Foreword by the Editor:  Dear Reader, as your esteemed editor-in-chief, I must regretfully apologize for the bizarre antics of one of my reporters, Mr. Campbell Garrett.  As you already know, Mr. Garrett has acquired a reputation in the civilized world as an excellent correspondent, an intrepid adventurer and, to my innermost regret, an overzealous, ego-maniacal, anal retentive madman.  But what can I say?  The boy is like my son.  I have known him for years, and taught him our craft.  And though I can say that I am proud of him, for he is only eighteen and stands heads and shoulders above almost all of his peers in the journalism world, the Korrenberg Chronicle does not in any way condone or advocate his rampant drug and alcohol abuse, or his misuse of elemental transportation.  On the behalf of our staff, we apologize to the people of Korth, and will take steps to assure that events like the ones that happened during the night of the incident never happen again.

A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man:  Born in 980 YK in a small village in Breland to commoners, C. Garrett didn't demonstrate an aptitude for learning until the distinguished scholar and renaissance man, Mr. Silar Fiddlewinks, renowned all across Khorvaire for his work on elemental binding, found himself in the Breland countryside with a broken lightning carriage.  While the gnome tinkered away in the underbelly of the machine god, Garrett, then a boy of eight, approached the gnome and made an insightful (and very insulting) remark that at once created a solution in the gnome's mind.  The gnome took a special interest in the child afterward, and Mr. Fiddlewinks quickly discovered that Garrett was intellectually very gifted and soaked up knowledge like a sponge.

Mr. Fiddlewinks talked Garrett's parents into allowing him to attend Korrenberg Academy, where Garrett excelled at his coursework in philosophy and religion.  He graduated at the age of 15, and sought employment as a copy editor at the Korrenberg Chronicle, and was eventually elevated to the level of correspondent for the internationally acclaimed publication at 16.  As a reporter, Garrett worked feverishly to deliver eye-grabbing stories, and has even gone as far as venturing to cold Frostfell and dark Xen'Drik to track the movements of established adventuring parties.

He has published seven volumes: The Layman's Guide to Esoteric Religion in Khorvaire, Diverse Tactics in Warlord, Magic Around Us, The Strange History of Breland Cheese, Essays on Dwarven Dialects, The Dialects of Kaius the III, and the ever popular, Dungeoneering.  Furthermore, his band, Shegroth's Teeth, released a popular hit two years ago entitled, Swim Towards the Siren.  However, the band dissolved when Garrett was arrested by the Karrnathi government and forced to work with an elite commando group of adventurers (editor's note: an adventure not to be missed and currently serialized in the eminent Korrenberg; see your local Korrenberg distributor for your copy!).

Adventuring:  Garrett has earned much of his experience and reputation from previous adventures with well-known parties, and has benefited from the advice and friendship of famous explorers, dilettantes, pirates, nobles, etc.  However, Garrett has the tendency of taking notes during combat, because he wants to accurately describe occurrences for his readers, thus making him insufferable on the battlefield.  Furthermore, though highly intelligent and extremely well-versed in any environment, groups often make the mistake of employing Garrett as a scout (in fact, the phrase "Garrett, scout ahead" are now considered famous last words).

Personality:  Garrett loves himself, but typically excludes himself from his stories.  However, he buys into the hype of him being a swashbuckling everyman, and his youth has given him a sense of immortality that makes him overly brash.  He is conceited, arrogant and smug, and he is never up to any good (aside from his stories, all of which are always good).

Behavior:  Loud-mouthed, insolent, intolerable;  these words describe Mr. Garrett well.

Language:  Though Garrett has been educated in the college of Religion and Philosophy at Korrenberg, Garrett speaks in a jocular, self-aggrandizing vernacular of lower-class Brelians, spattered with nautical references and adventuring idioms.

Rules of the Trade:  As a journalist, Garrett must abide by a certain code of ethics.  The code is listed as follows:
1)  Never tell your readers a lie, unless it protects them.
2)  Never tell your editor a lie, unless it will protect him/her.
3)  Always protect your sources, no matter what.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

bkrose

Wow, Phantom.  Nice background.  Can you send me a character sheet (in private).  I'm curious to see what class(es) he's taken.

Kate - I'm not sure how familiar you are with Eberron, but I think you should consider playing a Changeling. These are a race descended from Doppelgangers who have the ability to do minor shape change, and can assume the form of most humanoid races.  They can also change sex. ;)

Laughing Hyena

Anyway I'll be away until late Sunday as I am attending my brothers wedding this Sunday. See you all later.

Nom De Plume

If you don't mind, Rose, I'd like to make a half-giant psychic warrior. I'd also like to know how the 36 point buy system works, since I usually roll.

A&A

bkrose

Half-Giant is fine.
Point buy works like this.
All 6 stats begin with a value of 8.  Then you buy additional stat points with your 36 points.  The cost increases as you get into higher scores.
9-14 = 1:1
15-16 = 2:1
17-18 = 3:1

So, it would cost 6 points to get to 14.
It would cost 10 points to get to 16.
It would cost 16 points to get a stat to 18 (max before racial bonuses.)

Add all racial bonuses and penalties after you buy your points.  If you get +2 to Str, and you spend 10 points to get it to 16, then the +2 would make the Str score 18.

OK?

PhantomPistoleer

Sorry, I'm backing out of the yahoo thing.  To be quite frank, I -absolutely- loathe the format.  Thanks.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Karasu

Quote from: bkrose on August 02, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
OK, boys and girls.

I'm a DM with more than 20 years of experience, and a horde of content I've been working on for the past 4 or so.  I've been looking desperately for a group of players who can write with some talent, role play (as opposed to roll play), and who are not squeamish about SEX!  I am hoping I can find a handful of qualified candidates here in this forum.

So... here's the deal.  Lets start at 6th level... that will make it challenging without being too over powered.  The game will be centered in my favorite place on the whole planet... Sharn, the City of Towers, but it will range all over the known world.  You can expect sex, violence, adult language, sex, adult themes, mystery, sex, intrigue, ... and did I mention sex?

36 Point Buy, 6,000gp for equipment, and special favor will be given to those with Eberron experience, though I will definitely take enthusiastic newbies.

So... I know this isn't much to go on, and I'll put together a much more comprehensive introduction for molding your characters, but I'd like to get some indication of interest. for such a game.

Can I totally get in on this? if so I can roll up a character no problem Especially for 3.5 Noobie at Ebberon though Less we're talking DDO
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

bkrose

Karasu

Well, we are strangely very female heavy at the moment, but I am willing to take a look at your character concept.  Let me see what you have in mind.

Kate

correct me if i am wrong but it thought we are female character heavy but not female player heavy ...

bkrose

I think you're right.  We seem to have an even split with the players, but 2:4 Male:Female characters.

Ixy

I apologize for waffling on this one, but I've tried the format and, sorry, but I'm going to withdraw my interest to open the slot for other players.  I really appreciate the opportunity, though.  Thanks, and good luck :)

Karasu

I can play males of course if it's needed, hell I actually play them better than females as it is.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

bkrose

Phantom, Ixy - Sorry to see you go.  Thanks for the interest, and feel free to lurk if you want.

Karasu - Looks like we lost 1 male and 1 female, so go with whatever sex works best for you.

Altair1983

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I like eberron games but I have never played any game via email nor used yahoo groups (nor sure I can use it with my comp -_- ). But if you can hand held lead me through process use the yahoo group and how find stuff and files in there just sake trying it I am in.

I have short concept about a aberrant marked half-elf who's mother is Phiarlan and father is from Deneith house. Raised in Phiarlan house but once upon manifestation of his aberrant mark he faked his own death and disappeared into street of Sharn and work under alias name. A sleek urban ranger working as detective/bountyhunter.

bkrose

Altair1983 - No, I don't think I did.  Can you send it again please?

Zaer Darkwail - Yahoo Groups is very easy, free, and all you need is an email address.  I'll show you anything you need to know.  Send me a character concept (privately) along with a character sheet if you can put one together, and we'll go from there.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I will send it soon as I am done with writing full background, find pic and do the charsheet. Assuming Unearthed Arcana variant for 'urban ranger' is okay.

bkrose

Yes, Urban Ranger is fine.

I'm also a Poser Nut if you want me to take a crack at making a pic.  Just give me a detailed description and such... and be a little flexible when it comes to clothing and hair.  :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: bkrose on August 12, 2011, 02:08:45 PM
Yes, Urban Ranger is fine.

I'm also a Poser Nut if you want me to take a crack at making a pic.  Just give me a detailed description and such... and be a little flexible when it comes to clothing and hair.  :)

I likely pick up that offer :). Send detailed description then.

Altair1983

Kate

so is my character ready to go / all things agreed to blk or is there something else on my side your waiting for

bkrose