You Shouldn't Have Watched This

Started by Sabby, August 25, 2011, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I don't like Zelda. I don't play it. But this kind of thing fascinates me so much it's disturbing in it's own way, and I absolutely need to have it put in context. Please explain this to me, if you want me to sleep tonight... you care about me, right?! D=

You Shouldn't Have Watched This.wmv

Inkidu

That is a very obscure bug from Majora's Mask. It basically allows you to glitch the system in 31 flavors of hell. However, I think you have to set it off on purpose. That's why he went to the Swordsman School near midnight of the third day and played the Elegy of Emptiness. It's not like it's something that's a deliberate part of game play. Some good editing and the guy had a really creepy video. Though, I'd be the first to call Majora's Mask the darkest Zelda game in the series. Definitely darker than Twilight Princess.

EDIT: My dreams are dashed yet again by creepy people on the internet.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jag

BEN (AKA Haunted Majora's Mask), it's an article, not a video or anything. It's pretty messed up. It's close to being a year old by now.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Inkidu

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 25, 2011, 07:10:42 AM
BEN (AKA Haunted Majora's Mask), it's an article, not a video or anything. It's pretty messed up. It's close to being a year old by now.
Damn I thought it was the glitch everyone talked about when Majora's Mask first came out. I should have learned never to listen to my schoolmates. >,>
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jag

There is a glitch in Majora's Mask that gives you a 4th day to complete the game. Maybe that's the one you're thinking of...?

And I do agree with what you said before, Majora's Mask is probably the darkest of the Zelda games. I never finished it. I suck at doing things in a time frame when it comes to games...which is why I never got the Biggoron Sword in Ocarina of Time.

Inkidu

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 25, 2011, 07:44:05 AM
There is a glitch in Majora's Mask that gives you a 4th day to complete the game. Maybe that's the one you're thinking of...?

And I do agree with what you said before, Majora's Mask is probably the darkest of the Zelda games. I never finished it. I suck at doing things in a time frame when it comes to games...which is why I never got the Biggoron Sword in Ocarina of Time.
Nah, we all knew that one. I never used it.

No, I guess it was my friends putting me on. Like catching Mew where you had to not do Lt. Surge and the get a machamp with strength to move the truck by the ship. Load of crap. There was supposed to be this trippy glitch in Majora's Mask that let you do just about everything, though I don't remember the admittedly creepy Link clone being in it.

Jag

Depending on the truth of the whole BEN thing, that just makes Majora's Mask that much more creepier.

Though I do think there is a glitch that pretty much unlocks the game. After all, there is a whole world to explore and only 3 days to do it in. I'm sure there is a way to unlock the time frame and free up the whole game. Then again, it's been a very long time since I've played that game because I suck so much at it. I'll stick to OoT.

Inkidu

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 25, 2011, 07:57:26 AM
Depending on the truth of the whole BEN thing, that just makes Majora's Mask that much more creepier.

Though I do think there is a glitch that pretty much unlocks the game. After all, there is a whole world to explore and only 3 days to do it in. I'm sure there is a way to unlock the time frame and free up the whole game. Then again, it's been a very long time since I've played that game because I suck so much at it. I'll stick to OoT.
It's definitely harder, but I didn't think the time frame had so much to do with it. I would just warp back re-arm play the song of slow time and do the dungeon again. It's not like they didn't give you owl statues at the dungeons. :\

I'd much rather play Majora's Mask over OoT any day though.

Jag

I just couldn't get into Majora's Mask. I beat the hell outta OoT though. Beating Ganondorf with a bottle made me feel more powerful than beating him with a sword...Now I want to hook up my N64 and play it again.

I still need to play Twilight Princess.

*debates searching for the N64*

Sabby

I looked at that link, and it only confused me more...

Jag

Basically, that video are the clips of the 'ghost' that was recorded while he was playing the game. Kind of his way of showing proof. The strange, clone Link is supposed to be the spirit of this 'BEN' person that the file was named after. He bought a Majora's Mask copy from some old man and it still had a file saved on it. He tried to delete the file, but it came back and strangeness ensued.

As far as I know, no one has been able to reproduce the things that were recorded from that 'haunted' game. If someone has, please feel free to correct me on that.

Sabby

Isn't this just a prank though? The story I mean... just someone posting on 4Chan saying 'oh noes, my game is haunted, plz halps'. I thought these stories were intentionally Trolling... is that what Creepypasta means? Never heard the term before now. I've read a couple like this and they're obviously meant to lead you on.

Jag

I don't think it's a troll. If you google 'haunted majoras mask' you can find links about it all over the place. Most comments have people saying 'what a great original story' and things like that.

I think it's more likely that someone stumbled on a creepy glitch in the game and wrote up a story to go with it.

Oniya

From what I saw it looked like a combination of creepy glitch, a bit of strategic video editing, and an 'Oh noez' story added on.  There has been activity on the YouTube account since the 'final upload' (free.wmv was uploaded 9 months ago, and there's another video uploaded 5 months ago).

It's sort of a modern take on the old 'if you stare in the mirror at midnight and say this name three times...' stories.  Kind of interesting from a folklore point of view.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Finally read through the whole thing, and almost voided myself when I realized there was a bunch of spacing after the last sentence, leading to "You shouldn't have done that". Very creepy.

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on August 25, 2011, 09:05:43 AM
From what I saw it looked like a combination of creepy glitch, a bit of strategic video editing, and an 'Oh noez' story added on. 

This, more or less. It's the Zelda version of the Slender Man.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

meikle

That was pretty creepy until like 60% or 70% of the way through.

I could just be a huge nerd, though.  Stuff like the Room of Upside Down Sinners in World of WarCraft is terrifying for me.

(and now I want to play Majora's Mask)
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on August 25, 2011, 02:20:48 PM
This, more or less. It's the Zelda version of the Slender Man.
Every generation has got to have it's green man I suppose.