Gunstar Autochthonia (Exalted AU)

Started by Rook Seidhr, November 04, 2012, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krule

This is interesting to me..

I'm tempted to play a Alchemical Adamant, martial artist, dancer, investigator, hunter, spy -  Exquisite Synthesis of Perception

Alternatively, we have the Eclipse Caste Sapphire Wind, society director and master of the art of the blade.. yes, I know blue is the color of the Maiden of Serenity, he has sympathies with her and the serenity caste he makes no attempts to hide, the wings are something of an affection as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

which would be preferred?

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Meliai

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 02:25:55 PM
So what all is grabbed already?

A lot of folks haven't mentioned specific castes yet, but I believe Muse and Malixe are playing twin Dancers/Propaganda ministers. One's a Solar sorceress, one's a Sidereal martial artist. Zaer's making a Dawn caste fighter pilot sort of guy, Avorae's going for a Lunar scout, I've got a twilight or eclipse cast technician/mechanic/artificer, and then there's Krule's two ideas in the post right above yours.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Anon315

To my knowledge, nothing has been decided yet. I'm leaning towards either a Sidereal officer in charge of ship's security and the exposure of infiltrators and spies, or a Lunar Full Moon tearing apart enemies with his bare hands (edged in moonsilver claws)

Malixe

If it helps, though it might be obvious, my half of the Dancing Twins will be from the Zenith Caste. I'm unsure of Mr.Muses.

AndyZ

Definitely helps to know for certain, Malixe.

I'm pondering the idea of a Dawn caste in CBA if I could get CBA to work as a spacesuit.  The Solar version already has wings and an hour's worth of air, so that doesn't seem to be a stretch at all.  The tricky part would be that you apparently can't get Manses, so no clue how that part would work.

Warstrider could get even more awesome in a mecha-in-space kind of way if I went that route.  That'd require assumed methods of environmental seals and booster jets to control direction, though.

Although, without manses, how would you work these kinds of things?  Is there a battery or something that Alchemicals can use?  I'm guessing these Essence Capacitor things?  Never did learn Alchemicals...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 03:31:30 PM
Although, without manses, how would you work these kinds of things?  Is there a battery or something that Alchemicals can use?  I'm guessing these Essence Capacitor things?  Never did learn Alchemicals...
Elemental cores and essence capacitors are described on pp. 204–207 of Manual of Exalted Power: the Alchemicals. Assume that any artifact which requires a hearthstone to function is instead powered by an elemental core of equal rating. The functional difference is quite small.

Rook Seidhr

Solar chargen rules are up on the wiki. Lunar, etc., will be up tonight or tomorrow, with any luck.

AndyZ

Zaer, if I went that route but was more combat-heavy, would you be good with also being a pilot but being more based on scouting and such instead of outright brawling?  Or would that cut into your concept?  I'm still trying to figure out what I want so I may go with something else entirely.

Dracorion

I'm also interested in joining. What I'm thinking so far is an angry Full Moon tearing through enemies for the Gunstar Defense Line, but who also has a talent for analytical thinking and later Sorcery.

Rook Seidhr

Trystia

Not sure if I have time for this, but I am definitely interested, especially in playing an Alchemical, and am curious whether in this incarnation, Autochthon was able to bring the Mountain Folk along for the ride.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Trystia on November 06, 2012, 08:08:14 PM
curious whether in this incarnation, Autochthon was able to bring the Mountain Folk along for the ride.
Unfortunately She Who Lives in Her Name was so furious at Autochthon's treachery that she blasted away their individuality, and they now form a hive-mind worshipping her. If/when you return to the Spiral, rescuing them might be a priority. Or it might not. Up to you :)

Trystia

Quote from: Riveda on November 06, 2012, 08:11:50 PM
Unfortunately She Who Lives in Her Name was so furious at Autochthon's treachery that she blasted away their individuality, and they now form a hive-mind worshipping her. If/when you return to the Spiral, rescuing them might be a priority. Or it might not. Up to you :)

Oh no! The poor Jadeborn! They must be rescued!

Oh, and I would alternatively be interested in, if I could find someone fun to play it with, a No Moon with Solar Bond 5, though I'd have to find my Lunars book.

Rook Seidhr

Dragon-Blooded rules are up. May tweak them.

Someone asked about elemental core versions of hearthstones from the core book and Oadenol's Codex. Such things may be created if you consult with me via PM. Nothing will be exactly the same, but most things can be adapted.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on November 06, 2012, 04:49:24 PM
Zaer, if I went that route but was more combat-heavy, would you be good with also being a pilot but being more based on scouting and such instead of outright brawling?  Or would that cut into your concept?  I'm still trying to figure out what I want so I may go with something else entirely.

I was mostly leaning to Night caste direction anyways. So my char will be specialize into scouting approach to his piloting career along with 4 other dragon-bloods (he mostly takes only 2 along the ride while 2 remain in 'death star' as it is but in open combat where others are involved they move as single fang unit).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 10:52:23 PM
along with 4 other dragon-bloods (he mostly takes only 2 along the ride while 2 remain in 'death star' as it is but in open combat where others are involved they move as single fang unit).
I'm not sure I understand this. Why would you have two of your squadron's pilots remain behind?

Zaer Darkwail

Because more than 3 in scouting has higher risk being discovered than go with full 5 man fang squad. But if it's okay to split the party (split fang unit to 2 parts; one 2 man unit and 3 man unit) then he would go in full team in scouting as usual.

Question though; what is Class background? I do not have manual of power: Alchemicals :/.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:01:41 PM
Because more than 3 in scouting has higher risk being discovered than go with full 5 man fang squad. But if it's okay to split the party (split fang unit to 2 parts; one 2 man unit and 3 man unit) then he would go in full team in scouting as usual.
*scratches head* Pilots who remain aboard Autochthon are no use whatsoever. They've got to be out there piloting.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:01:41 PM
Question though; what is Class background? I do not have manual of power: Alchemicals :/.
I'll post it to the wiki shortly, I guess, for you and others who don't have that book.

Zaer Darkwail

Idea was that he does swap pair what is with him (so it is not same pair sticking always around). But I go with 4 dragon-bloods under his command. Anyways what dot artifact is custom made voidfigther? Also what are standard features of voidfigther and suggestions what custom made one would have?

Also would backing 3 with combination of Arsenal give his subordinates a voidfigthers or do I need mark with my allies (spending 4 dots to get 4 dragon-bloods) having backing 3 so they get voidfigthers?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2012, 11:10:28 PM
Anyways what dot artifact is custom made voidfigther?
Artifact 4 or 5.

Also what are standard features of voidfigther and suggestions what custom made one would have?
See p. 20 of Shards of the Exalted Dream. I can't (well, won't) copy/paste entire pages. I'm sure you can find a copy online if you're not willing to lay down the money for a PDF.

As for what a custom voidfighter might have, a 4-dot voidfighter for a Celestial Exalt would replace the Dragon's Roar Resonance Engine with some other power that its pilot could actually use. A 5-dot voidfighter would add one or two unique powers on a level with the Celestial Battle Armor from Wonders of the First Age.

Also would backing 3 with combination of Arsenal give his subordinates a voidfigthers or do I need mark with my allies (spending 4 dots to get 4 dragon-bloods) having backing 3 so they get voidfigthers?
There are several ways to go about this:

• You could just take Backing 4 in the Gunstar Defense Line to have legitimate command of a squadron. However, who would trust a rebel like you with that much rank?
  • You could take Henchmen 5 to represent Dragon-Blooded pilots made with the chargen rules I posted on the wiki, or Henchmen 4 for less-experienced pilots, plus Backing 3 in the Gunstar Defense Line. Then each of your Henchmen would have Backing 3 as well, and their own voidfighter. However, you'd still be under orders from your superiors in the Line.
  • You could take Arsenal 5 and Henchmen 4 or 5 (as above) to represent a "private" scout squadron, outside the authority of the Gunstar Defense Line. To me, that seems most appropriate to your character concept.
No matter which you choose, you'd need to buy your custom voidfighter (and the elemental core to power it) with the Artifact Background.

Krule

Any general changes to the Alchemical character creation?

Also, would the eclipse or the adamant be preferred, or does it matter?

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 07, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
Any general changes to the Alchemical character creation?
Yes. I'll get that up soon.

Quote from: Krule on November 07, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
Also, would the eclipse or the adamant be preferred, or does it matter?
I have no strong opinion; it depends on how you want to fit into Exalted society and how you want to interact with the other PCs. (Hint: if you want to be treated as an equal, take the Solar.)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I go with arsenal but does not arsenal mean a official body in 'death star' funding his private space scouting squadron? Or how it would present connections or such or is there special funding program for such squadrons? Also how dynamically speaking my squadron is related to Gunstar Defense Line squadrons? Would I be merely a rich civilian with private squadron or am I part of military or what?

Anyways I try dig and find free copy of the Shards.

Krule

The answer to all of that comes with the Class background, there isn't really such of a thing as a rich civilian in Authchthonia, not even Gunstar Autochthonia.