Audio

Started by Ravensahnk, March 31, 2013, 03:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravensahnk

Okay so it feels as though I'm in here a lot any more ^.^ But you guys always are such great help!

I just got a new computer, a HP envy (I think) and it has beats audio on it.  I set everything up and once it was in working order I decided to put music on it to test the audio quality.  However I'm having an issue.  I plugged in headphones, no noise came out.  I plugged in my speakers and turned the volume to max and could barely hear the music.  I have no idea what to do.  Please Help.

Trieste

Depending on what your system is doing, it give priority to different programs. For instance, when I pull up Mumble, my Firefox ends up muted (so no YouTube) until I fix it. This might not be your problem but it's worth checking. If you have windows, you'll want to click on the little speaker icon in your task tray. In the window that pops up, look at the bottom and there should be a link that says "Mixer". Click on that and check your system volume levels for internal speakers, external speakers, etc. Also make sure you open up your music player and check that the volume on that is not muted.

GothicFires

Make sure you are not plugging it into the mic out instead of the speaker out. You didn't mention if the music plays on your laptop speakers.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Ravensahnk

I tried what you guys suggested.  I plugged the speakers into every unit and I know it is in the right one.  It is playing extremely low, not not at all.  I have the volume at max for everything and nothing is on mute.

Oreo

You can also go into the control panel -> hardware and sound -> manage audio devices -> select an item -> properties/advanced. With the last two selections you can at least see if the particular device is functioning/selected and turned on.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ravensahnk

Tried that tjat is not working either

Oreo

Uggg, that's a bummer. Have you tried any other audio systems? I loaded Realtek and love it. Especially since I have trouble hearing certain sounds and can create my own equalizer paradigms and save them for games/music/vocal etc..

My thought is, if it is not the program, it might be the PC.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Ravensahnk

I shall try that but it appears as though I may have to return this :(

Oreo

Do the built in speakers work? Is it just the plug ports that wont play?

Ravensahnk

Tjere are no built in dpeakers.  I have tried two different sets however.

GothicFires

I would suggest calling HP. since the laptop is new it should be in warranty. And as speakers have been standard in laptops for a very long time, it's hard to fathom that they are not there. perhaps you can upload us a picture of your laptop.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Ravensahnk

It is a desktop computer

Oreo

Ahhh, yes it might be best to take it back and ask what's up. Could be a glitchy port.

Legion

I would suggest reinstalling the drivers before calling HP as they will ask you to do that if you haven't. Also check the drivers are actually installed Control Panel > Device Manager look for anything showing up in that list with a yellow ? next to it. Also check the audio driver has the port configured correctly as it may have been adjusted for a different setup.

When you reinstall the drivers ensure you get the latest ones from HPs website.

Ravensahnk

I actually did everything that was suggested here.  I even went as far as calling both HP and the place I got my computer from and none of them could help me.  So I got an even exchange and now I have a fully functioning computer.  THank you all for your help.  Unfortunately Ithink I had a defective fuse.

Trieste

So glad you got it resolved! Sometimes broke is just broke. :-)