Kingmaker II (Pathfinder)

Started by Autocad, May 31, 2014, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 04, 2014, 07:52:06 PM
It looks fine to me, I try different url. Did it help?

Sure did.  That's actually a really good concept image; saved.

Countdown0

Quote from: Question Mark on June 04, 2014, 07:37:13 PM
A challenger appears!

Also Zaer, your pic seems to be broken on my screen.

does that mean that if we beat him in a fight, we get to play as him? :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Rumm

For some reason Kingmaker always stumps me for concepts that I feel strongly about... love the game concept, just something about it never settles with me.

SheerFantasia

Just checking to see if there's still room in this game.  I'd be quite interested for the long-term haul.

JohnTheGreat

I believe we're all just posting characters now and will find out tomorrow(?) if we made the cut.

SheerFantasia

Thanks John!  That being so, here's my pitch:

Ashram Medvyed: N, Male Aasimar, Oracle
(Noble Born [Medvyed] campaign trait)
Ashram was born as scion to the Medvyed noble family, but has always had trouble fitting in, especially the older he got yet unaffected by the erosive elements of time.  Keeping mostly to the trees and the forests where he felt the most degree of comfort only served to estrange him from the workings of his family and the nobility that already kept him at arms length.

More interested about his unusual ancestry, the flames of his curiosity were stoked when he began to hear voices, purportedly of some distant warrior ancestor.  It was not long after that the young man's oracular powers began to awaken, serving only to further isolate him from his former friends and family who began to mistrust him.  Deciding that there was nothing that was really left for him in the place he had once called home, he set out to strike on his own to see what place he can make for himself, trusting to fate to guide him.

Restrictions:  Not really many that I can think of, just general things like scat, watersports, and the like.  Torture as part of sexual interest is also something I tend to shy away from.  Other than that, I'm fairly open-minded, and am not easily offended.

Example Games:  At present I'm involved in a few RPs (one of which is Pathfinder game I'm running, hence why I'd like to be a player instead), most of which started since I joined Elliquiy back in Feb and are still ongoing (with only two dropouts so far from lack of response from other player).

Game Interest: I'm mostly in this to for the experience of a group game where everyone is getting along and having a good time.  Anything sexually related would be a bonus, but it's not really my main goal in this game - romance and flirtations are probably more likely.  What I'd really like is the kingdom building experience that Kingmaker is supposed to be.  Amorously, I'm tend more towards femme-fatals and saucy seductresses, as opposed to cutesy farm girls or virtuously noble maidens.  Epic battles are also highly sought after, with large numbers of faceless minions charging up the hill to take on the heroes at its crown, a particular favourite.

Belisuavious

Character Application:

Name: Merrick Dunland, Half-Elven ranger

Merrick doesn't know much about his parents, or even who his father was, though he suspects it was one of the elves in Restov. He has never made the journey to find out though, preferring to stay away from that city and live in one of the numerous small villages along the border of the Stolen Lands. Though his appearance caused him some troubles when he first arrived in the small community of Dunland, he made an effort to not make waves and fit in with the rest of the primarily human residents. After a few months he no longer recieved suspicious stares and glares when he went into town to buy and sell at the market.

Perhaps this acceptance is also due to the way he makes his living in Dunnland. Merrick hunts, animals mostly but the occasional bandit will wander through, or some thieves will make off with some farm animals or even kidnap someone. When that occurs Merrick is among those hunting them down, often leading the village militia into the bandit infested Greenbelt. In this way, he manages to maintain a small home just outside the village border, where he keeps a small garden as both a supplement to what he can buy in town and a way to relax and focus on something other than killing for a few hours here and there.

What tempted him away from his relatively quiet existence then? Somehow he had been recommended as a scout for one of the parties being sent south, and while he had at first decided to refuse should the offer become official, his mind has changed. If there is a settlement to the south, that would mean the bandits and other nasties that live down there will have to be cleared out. Destroying bandits en masse like that would certainly be a much better way to stop their raids and thefts than what he was doing now, killing the odd bandit whenever he got the chance.

Player Application:

Restrictions: Not a lot, scat vore and wtersports being the things I dislike no matter the situation. Erotic torture is also a turn off, though normal torture is ok.

As for my commitment level, I'll continue posting so long as there are others interested. I'm currently in another pathfinder game at the moment, and plan to still be in it until the end.

My character's role will be the scout/tracker for the group. When the time comes to form a kingdom, I can see him taking the role of marshal assassin or spymaster, depending on who else wants what and how things go in the campaign.

Question Mark

I know Autocad's probably keeping track for his own (surely nefarious) purposes, but this is primarily for my own benefit.

-- Analina Anavy, Human Sorceror
-- Uriah Sharpsword, Human Barbarian
-- Iradir, Aasimer Cleric (Desna)
-- Ellie Melona, Human Rogue
-- Grolomnik Feyseeker, Gnome Bard
-- Garisto, Human Fighter (Swordlord)
-- Ashram Medvyed, Aasimar Oracle
-- Merrick Dunland, Half-Elf Ranger

Huh, I just realized everyone's character is a unique class.  Also, a lot of humans.  Usually these games are the other way around.

Also...  NO PALADINS?!?

Faeli

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2014, 12:26:58 PM
Huh, I just realized everyone's character is a unique class.  Also, a lot of humans.  Usually these games are the other way around.

Also...  NO PALADINS?!?

Well, the campaign setting specifically says humans are extremely dominant, we just have a lot of great roleplayers :)

Autocad

Here's the final roster:

yaracyrrah - Analina Anavy, female human sorcerer
JohnTheGreat - Uria Sharpsword, female human barbarian
Countdown0 - Iradir, male aasimar cleric
Question Mark - Grolomnik "Grolo" Feyseeker, male gnome bard

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205826.0

IC thread will be up soon.

Question Mark

Quote from: Autocad on June 05, 2014, 07:39:12 PM
Here's the final roster:

yaracyrrah - Analina Anavy, female human sorcerer
JohnTheGreat - Uria Sharpsword, female human barbarian
Question Mark - Grolomnik "Grolo" Feyseeker, male gnome bard

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205826.0

IC thread will be up soon.

Is now the time we should construct our "pen and paper" character sheets as well?  Do you have a site preference?

Autocad

Yes. Please use mythweavers or something similar.

Countdown0

I'm assuming that the character sheets go in the OOC thread, right?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Autocad

Question Mark

I've edited my post in the OOC thread to have Grolo's Myth-Weavers sheet in the name. 

It's still a work in progress.  His abilities, skills, spells, demographics, feats, and miscellaneous stats are finished, but I haven't begun his equipment or inventory yet.  I'll probably finish that on the morrow.

Autocad

There is now an open spot for a new player after one of the existing players left.

The current party composition is:

Zaer Darkwail - Garisto, male human fighter
Faeli - Ambrosia "Amber" My'thrail, female half-elf sorceress

Apply here! Make a new character concept or update one of the existing applications to express interest.

Besides the character sheet, it should contain a short description and background for your character, as well as what you're looking for in a game and your O/Os. You don't have to follow the template in the first post as that one is now outdated. As the party will soon reach level 2, the character creation rules have been updated as follows:

-Level 2
-15 point buy
-Core races, and other races with 15 or less RP.
-Core, Base and Hybrid (ACG) classes. Prestige classes will be allowed at future levels.
-Maximum HP at level 1. Roll for level 2.
-1000 gp starting wealth
-Two traits. At the player's option, one of the traits may be a campaign trait from the Kingmaker Player's Guide.

Chulanowa

Sorry it took me so damn long - had a week of being Ill, found out i'm gonna need to move soon, yadda yadda, fun times!

Alyah
Race: Catfolk
Class: Rogue

Alyah doesn't remember much of her early life; there were many trees, doting parents, and her brother... then fear... then the sea and her brother still there. Everything after that is perfectly clear though. Being purchased by Lord Weschinal of Ostenso. She and her brother were performers - acrobats, players in the Lord's personal circus that would entertain his many guests at the manor. That the lord pelted them with bright baubles and gaudy clothing did not change what Alya and Rothero were, however; slaves.

This was made very clear when Rothero, always the more rash of the two, refused to perform. First there was a bit of gentle cajoling. Then the lash. Alyah tried to leap in to aid her brother, but found herself in the grip of sorcery. She was frozen, forced to watch as her brother, her one connection to those faded memories, was beaten bloody y their laughing, 'loving' master, and then carried away.

Alyah never heard from Rothero again, though Lord Weschinal made if known the boy was being well-cared for ina place more "suited to his temperament." he always said this with a smile that made Alyah's skin crawl - and she knew, certainly that her brother's well-being depended on her good behavior. So Alyah served as before. Dancing. Acrobatics. Sometimes other things; Her lord was a fool to put a blade in her hands and allow her to stain her fingers with the blood of one of his guests, and she more the fool for not turning on him then and there. After that first murder, it got a little easier.

The fat lord Wescinal grew complacent with his pet. He loaned her out, even!  Some of his friends wanted her to entertain at their tables, others had a petty rival to dispose of, and a few... well, best to not dwell on some things. But her master was too comfortable. He let it slip that her brother had died that same day that he dared rebel. Casual-like, a little quip in the conversation.

She didn't need a blade to do the work that night. Nor did she want one. All who saw the little Cheliaxian's throat torn out by her claws would know perfectly well who had done it. And with that in mind, Alyah fled.

By sheer fortune, she's survived long enough to not only find her way to the far end of the River Kingdoms, but even to thrive. The forests bring back memories of her forgotten life, and the people do not tolerate slavery. It's something to her shame that she's had to put her... talents to work to keep herself fed and equipped at times. She is no mere thug or bandit, though she knows she would be judged by their company.

personality
   Alyah has tried to put her sordid past behind her... with mixed success. She has an intense sense of right and wrong, though unfortunately her intention of "right" sometimes just mirrors "what Alyah wants." The one scruple she will not set aside is a hatred of slavery or other forced servitude, at least for thinking creatures. With her own hard-won freedom, she's decided to throw herself into life, to celebrate her own existence. She's somewhat hedonistic, and still carries the tastes of fine food, wine, and clothing from her days of servitude. Despite her apparent celebrant nature, dark moods do sweep over her at times; Under the good cheer is a predator who's survived the hard lessons of slavery and the wilderness of the River Kingdoms by her own might and guile.

Description
Alyah has a very definite leonine cast to her feline features. Rounded ears, golden eyes with round pupils and a squared muzzle set with long whiskers make her clearly different from others in her company. Her body is well-muscled, though not brawny, covered in a pelt of tawny fur; this fur is thinner around her neck, where the skin has been scarred by chafing. Other scars mar her body, knicks and cuts of blades, mostly. when in unfamiliar company, she tends to keep the cowl of her cape up, for what good it does. When among friends, she tends to wear rather little; enough to mind their sensibilities, or incliment weather. She tries at all times to maintain a powerful presence, through posture, stance, or positioning; She looms over those who bother her, she sprawls over seating like she owns it, and she presses eye contact until the other person blinks.

Stat block
Alyah
Female Catfolk Rogue 2
CN Medium Humanoid (catfolk)
Init +3; Senses scent; Perception +5

Defense

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 dex, +3 armor)
hp 16 (2d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0
Defensive Abilities Evasion, Cat's Luck
Evasion
   At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion.
Cat's Luck
Once per day when a catfolk makes a Reflex saving throw, he can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.

Offense

Speed 30 ft, 20 ft climb
Melee two claws +4 (1d4/x2) or
   cold iron short sword +4 (1d6/19-20)
Ranged shortbow +4 (1d6/x2, range 60)
Special attacks Sneak Attack +1d6

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats (1) Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +7, Climb +12, Diplomacy +7, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +7, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +5, sense Motive +4, stealth +8, Survival +6, Use Magic Device +7
Languages Common, Sylvan, Catfolk
SQ Trapfinding, Rogue Talent: Terrain Mastery (Forest)
Traits Brigand, Child of nature
Combat gear Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2, Potion of magic Fang x2, Drow poison x2, Potion of Enlarge Person
Other gear masterwork studded leather armor, shortbow, cold iron short sword, potion of Disguise self, assorted junk on sheet, 213 GP

What I'm looking for
   I've been trying to catch onto a Kingmaker game for a good while on E. They seem to keep falling out from under me! I'm looking to actually engage in some solid roleplay, with a consistent and able group. with this character in particular, I realize that rogues might not be the best choice for kingmaker - I haven't played it, but I understand it has few traps and the like. So I'll likely be aiming more towards supplementing combat, and filling out skills. of course if the DM wants to throw me some traps here and there, or whatever...

O/O's
   I'm not into gore, vore, or any toilet stuff. NC content works best when it's reluctant / coerced and the character comes to enjoy it, rather than violent, forced, or intended to be degrading. beyond that, I'm pretty flexible on sexual stuff.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks quite purrfect fill what party needs :). As we do sorely lack a 'skill monkey'.

Chulanowa

So, anything on this?  :-) If the furball is no bueno, I have others...

Autocad

I've been very busy this week and haven't had time to post, but so you know, your character is fine and you can go to the OOC thread.