Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Korra eh? we got a youngling...

I'll have to figure out what character i want to use...I play too many games lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Laughing Hyena

Well we don't have a certain commander. She's available if ya want. ^_^

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 06, 2014, 03:46:12 AM
Well we don't have a certain commander. She's available if ya want. ^_^

Sorry! Actually Shepard is not a available character for story reasons.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

I have updated the recruitment thread to reflect the addition of stats that was made at the beginning of our current arc.
- scribus1000

LtFox

Is this still recruiting?  I have so many great ideas now that I've noticed this!

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

scribus1000

I'm not 100% sure, so I would leave it up to a GM to answer. If it is open, though, then welcome to GPaW, and I look forward to any character you pick! :)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

scribus1000

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

scribus1000

Don'tsayitScribDon'tsayitScribDon'tsayitScrib....

"We'll bang, okay?"

I said it. Dammit.

Jokes aside, it's possible. GMs will likely keep whatever happening with that guy/gal secret for a bit, though, since there probably can only be one Shepard around.

LtFox

What's the gender balance between characters like at the moment?

I picked a list of games that give me options from both genders, so either is fine.

For now, my top list is this, and I'd like some feedback to see which is the best option.

X-COM: Enemy Unknown - The Volunteer.  A personal favourite, this.  I just love the new XCOM remake. Can be either gender.

Xenogears - Fei, Elly, Billy or Emeralda.  Gives options for both genders, and different skillsets as well.  A physical beast, a magic monster and two differently diverse options.  Also a longtime favourite, and I never liked the new Xenosaga as much as I did the original Xenogears.

Nasuverse - Like from Melty Blood series.  Plenty of options there for both genders, and some of those are seriously diverse in their powers.

Sanctum series - Any one of the Core Guardians. Both genders available, and this is a more support-technical bent of Protagonist.  This one made the top list because of the many, many hours of fun I have had with my friends playing this on LAN.

Those are the top 4 contenders at the moment.  I've got plenty of others under consideration as well, but I'm probably going to go with something from one of these.  Thoughts?

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Mr L

Only one of those I've heard of is xcom, because someone has an xcom character. Doesn't keep you from picking xcom, just so long as your choice isn't Megan Chulski lol
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Rel Mayer

You should make what you want. Male or female. You don't want to be stuck playing a character that you're just not that into.

:) but that's my opinion.

scribus1000

Quote from: Rel Mayer on December 09, 2014, 08:07:51 AM
You should make what you want. Male or female. You don't want to be stuck playing a character that you're just not that into.

:) but that's my opinion.

This.

LtFox

That's probably the other xcom, the XCOM: The Bureau.  I'm going with XCOM: Enemy Within.  Anyway, I'll be working up a sheet for Xcom's Volunteer, Shaojie Zhang then.  Decided to go with him, as his backstory is more interesting to me than Annette's.

Is character submission via pm to Lobster?

Also, regarding the stats, is it 4 points you can distribute as you like in addition to 1 starting point in the 4 stats, or only those 4 starting single points in the stats?

Anyway, I'll get to work on this.  Should probably read some of the story threads written thus far too.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: LtFox on December 09, 2014, 09:35:20 AM
That's probably the other xcom, the XCOM: The Bureau.  I'm going with XCOM: Enemy Within.  Anyway, I'll be working up a sheet for Xcom's Volunteer, Shaojie Zhang then.  Decided to go with him, as his backstory is more interesting to me than Annette's.

Also, regarding the stats, is it 4 points you can distribute as you like in addition to 1 starting point in the 4 stats, or only those 4 starting single points in the stats?

Anyway, I'll get to work on this.  Should probably read some of the story threads written thus far too.

_LF_

Send it to the 4 GM's

Red Lobster
WardenIce
Blue Nova (who is currently going through cpu problems)
PrestaDGTation

Lustful Bride

Quote from: LtFox on December 09, 2014, 09:35:20 AM

_LF_

Since Megan (my character) is a Psionic like Zhang then you might be interested in having his intro be him Meeting up with Dr. Heinrich Dresner. An X-Com scientist (from the Bureau) who has a device allowing him to locate Psionics.

scribus1000

And stats start out like this....

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Stamina: 1

Power: 1

That's a blank template, basically. The 4 points are additional, add them as you please to any of those values. You can also add to Reputation if you would like.

LtFox

Okay, character submitted to review.  If it passes muster,  then it's time to start thinking where to make the intro.

Quote from: Lustful Bride on December 09, 2014, 09:51:15 AM
Since Megan (my character) is a Psionic like Zhang then you might be interested in having his intro be him Meeting up with Dr. Heinrich Dresner. An X-Com scientist (from the Bureau) who has a device allowing him to locate Psionics.

This is not a bad idea, at least the Dr. would want to speak with Zhang at some point, as he is very unusual for a human psychic.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Saiyuri

Hello! I was interested in your game and was wondering if you're still taking applicants?
I see a lot of familiar faces here and would love to play!  :-)

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Saiyuri on December 09, 2014, 07:27:46 PM
Hello! I was interested in your game and was wondering if you're still taking applicants?
I see a lot of familiar faces here and would love to play!  :-)

We are.  Send your character application to Red Lobster, Blue Nova, WardenIce and PrestaDGTation.

Saiyuri

Quote from: WardenIce on December 09, 2014, 07:29:34 PM
We are.  Send your character application to Red Lobster, Blue Nova, WardenIce and PrestaDGTation.

Okie dokie, I will! Thank you very much!

Blue Nova

Awesome, my computer will be up and running soon too, i can send you more info

Blue Nova