Kings and Queens

Started by Kate, January 09, 2010, 03:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Post the possible three locations to me in a pm please and also add your entry to the world thread please.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57777.msg2626682#msg2626682

(note where the others are in that top post)

Lyrus

Well if this is still open, I'd be very much interested and willing to submit my own city to this!
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Kate

We do have a few putting up their hand to share the storytelling role so what the hell ... why not ... post away ... please read the rules first though and do add your city link to the world thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57777.msg2626682#msg2626682

Lyrus

TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

AthenaNude

Okay, I think Amalor is pretty much finished.  If I left anything out please let me know.   :-)

Sasha

Okay Kingdom thread is up and ready ...beginning post made as to the internal start of the Kingdom Thread.

Storytellers wishing to play someone already noted or make a suggestion to play someone not yet posted please send me a PM and we can discuss it .

I am open to allow out of the messangers being sent to have someone play Gunthur the Beastman , Krandall of the Horsemen ...or the one or two that will be determined by the random draw from the citizens. Leaning towards a Herbarian witch type to go with them and maybe a craftsman specializing in Bowmaking.

Going to most likely head north over the mountains as the Gryphons can speed the journey..looking to go seek out Scribbles Kingdom the Nation of Velar.

Also agreed to play Moira the protector of the Prince in Urbanzorro's Kingdom ...Belka since it is located the farthest from my own and most doubtful it will become a conflict in the game. 

Now to go read some of the other nations being posted up to get a better feel for everyone. That which I have seen so far excites me anyways everyone seems to have done an awesome job.

Sasha

Scribbles

I'm almost done. Still have to write up their position on religion, make sure there are no contradictions, complete the backstories for the main characters, finish up the culture of mages and just do some general editing.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Sydonai

I think there's already a contradiction here but it doesn't involve you scribbles so dont worry :-)

If anyone notices, me and athena's depiction of dark elves is that of a powerful underground empire that had at one time been one of the those that colonizes Ashards island and exiled the shadow elves. However bigbadwolf's version of dark elf is that of a nation-state of one(?) city, but I guessed I can just improvised somewhere.

Sasha

Forgive my ignorance but are Dark Elf and Shadow Elf the same thing ?

From just reading the three histories ..it seems maybe you could say after the war that your group split off and went to the North West ....and not sure where Untheria Kingdom is located but they went another way to re-set up .

Or he could of been a small isolated population of them ...that only thinks they are all that is left due to their own seclusion in the Dark Woods.

Amalor seems to be a catch all place that maybe the stragglers moved in and out of or at one time attempted to settle and then pulled away for one reason or another.

Since my Kingdom was founded in part by the Elfin Race ..I was just hoping to put it into maybe the folklore of what happened to a section of them prior to the great war ..or whatnot. Following a Green or Wyld Elf ..something like that I think anyways.

Forgive my ignorance as I said ..I not dwelt much in Elfin History but it does seem to be an issue that needs to be clarified so we all on the same page.

AthenaNude

Sasha's explanation sounds logical enough to me, so I'm fine with that.  I'm thinking that Amalor was pretty much a colony used by lots of different races all the way back to prehistorical eras, and may have just been one of the provinces in the Dark Elven empire of the time (maybe not even seen as all that important, so they didn't show up in the other description).  Makes sense that the Dark Elven survivors would have left, given the violent disaster of the colony.

When I described the downfall of the Dark Elves of Amalor, I only meant the ones in the colony, not the entire world, so the survivors may, indeed, have departed and only a few might have returned much much later.

As for Dark Elves and Shadow Elves, I was wondering the same thing.  Is there a difference?  And if so, what is it?

In any case, the Dark Elves of Amalor may look different than the Dark Elves of the rest of the world (for one thing, mine are going to have black hair, not white).  ;)

Kate

Cool.

Everyone has almalgamated their cultures.

Im struggling with PC issues so in a day or so I will start posting.

Thanks those helping to coordinate and putting up their hand to aid storytelling branches of nations far away from you.

I will update the world thread with a link linking to an "OCC-STorytelling" thread (which is probably like a true OCC for this) where others can post their desire to storytell another's branches (I cant do them all, and you may find that different storyteller-player combinations work ...  The thread will also be useful for those more impatient to put up their hand stating their want for one  (slower posters will not care as much if things crawl). So first-ask-first serve for storytellers.

BTW Storytellers feel free to jump into storytelling for any active who are posting in their main threads without asking for permission from me. If players and storytellers alike avoiding mentioning history as much as possible plot inconsitencies should be avoided.

AthenaNude

No problem Kate, this will actually work out well for me.

One question I meant to ask was how exactly do we start out?  Do we come up with our own reasons for why one or more of our Main Three characters would be traveling abroad or will there be one provided in the core story thread?

Sydonai

Quote from: Kate on January 09, 2010, 03:00:51 AM
Up until now your nation like all others are fearful of expansion and development for fear it would attract the attention of pirates and barbarian hordes that have had a successful history of raping and pillaging.

For generations your family has kept a low profile and only just now one carefully laid plan has begun to show fruit. Finally your linage can dare think of something other than fear .. but in order to do so laxes in ethics, political scheming, risky battles and some of the most indecent of proposals have to be considered ...

I guessed we just have to find out own reason then, for my nation they had just came out of obscurity to explore other....'opportunity' and so I sent out my champions to go, to see and to conquer! ;D

...and yeah, my version of the dark elf and shadow elf shares the same root of ancestry its just that the shadow elves are a section of the dark elf society that have had enough of the original rule of the matron mothers, they were banished to the surface and over a century it effected their appearance, the shadow elves have a fairer and lighter skin tone then their darker cousin(purplish to lighter dark skin tone and hair color ranging from white to black while the dark elf are generally dark skin tone with white hair) and the shadow elves are much more  tolerant and understanding of the concept of other race's freedom(which prevents them for outright declaring war with any races they found just because they think it's their divine right to rule the world).

Scribbles

Finished my culture! Minus the characters I've yet to add and the touching up I need to do on the ones already put up -- but those aren't too important right now.

Now excuse me while I take a break for the rest of the year. :P
AA and OO

Kate

"One question I meant to ask was how exactly do we start out?"

- Easy ...

a) You can start posting your leaders managing something mundane that is already implied in your culture and put up a request for a branch .. in the Storyteller Request Thread. Doing so will likely channel the storyteller to continue a topic that interests you ... OR you can

b) Just put up a request for a branch in the Storyteller Request Thread. Doing so will trigger a branch that is more out of the blue (figuratively speaking in Lyrus' case).

Sasha

Thank-you for explaining Sydonai ...

.....so shadow elves are tolerant little wanta be gods to control the world but not so outright about it very nice indeed...instead of outright ..bow or die controlling god critters . So much fun abounds in the kingdoms described and I tease forgive me.

I am still reading through things in all the kingdoms ...and think I understand the storytelling format as put forth . That is more of a request thread ..where one states what is needed as in  requesting a scene . So for example .

Kingdom :
Characters involved :
Character needed Played : < post description , stats ..whatever or leave blank if up to ST>
Reason for Scene : < what overall needs accomplished >
Declared Obsticles : < what the player sees as potiential issues >
Objective Wanted : < what main movement wanted accomplished >

Storyteller can then add obstacles ...and pick up some background npc's as required to achieve.

Might be more needed in a request ..I need coffee going to think on this more. Please feel free to add input to help me out .

Kate

sasha your right. .. however i think even less information mandatory so if one wants a suprise they are likely to get it.

Just post in that thread that you want an option for a particular leader of yours ... thats all thats needed really
- anything more is optional, ideally make it easy for the storyteller and also link your main nation thread and and list
the leaders your controlling if possible (so the storyteller can have some idea what ohters would likely be more interested in chasing).

This already has had a lot of requirements on players before things even started moving. Now everything is set up removing reins
of conformity allows all some artistic licence... and the excitment unknown adventures have.

Thankyou all of your for helping us all get to this point :)
All your efforts are amazing.

Scribbles

Just wanted to quickly ask, does this mean we can create small plots for other leaders?
AA and OO

Kate

In short at least the start of them yes .. (perhaps one concering the main boon / benefit that came from a generational endevour which your nation has just realise it can start getting the benefits from).

Ie for your case scribbles ... something concerning the curse of gem-instilling etc that your leader is either managing or has been briefed about.

Sydonai

alright then, if anyone notices I've already posted a request for a storyteller on my nation first mission, though I'm not sure if its correct or not, the request that is. Also I'm beginning to think taking the storyteller side is kinda fun too, preparing all sorts of surprises for other nation so count me as one of the storytellers ^^

Scribbles

I'm still reading through all the nations before I decide what to do...

Might have to print them out so that I can finish later. Beside going over Belka I've only managed to reach the history of Amalor (And there's still a couple of pages worth after that).

It's been an exciting read though; the lands are so exotic and detailed. I can't wait to see how all the other kingdoms look. ^_^
AA and OO

Sasha

Kate : will you be able to make the word map show where all the Kingdoms are located ..you had mentioned neutral nations being put in and that . I assume we are waiting for a few others to post up their Kingdoms into threads to begin to move forward.

Sydonai : Love your idea for a start .. I might be interested in playing a few obstacles for your party to run into ...a nasty critter to deal with anyways in exploring the region south of your kingdom. But not sure if it is unclaimed territory of Kate has planned a Kingdom there is all. So I not formally responded.

I been thinking .. which can be dangerous .. to move us along at a faster pace . What about opening up characters established inside out kingdom up to let others play out if they like to . Go back out to mass ...and see if someone would like to pic up a character already defined to play. Letting them take over the personality with the spec sheet already established. New here so not sure how well that would go over .

I just look at all these characters and think man if someone else would play them it would give a bit of fun interacting in subplots inside the kingdom or on the traveling around that would  alleviate the waiting on the Main GM or other Storytellers to give me interactions . As self single scenes are fine but get dull after awhile for me. I tend to like surprises other than what I can come up with in my own mind.

Maybe not worded the best way I could ...trying to do to many things irl and this at the same time. So if I am not quite clear .. PM me or respond here.

Oh and Scribbles ..I love the new work you have done on your Kingdom ..I am reading through it now. Can't wait to meet the citizens and that . Logically in my mind your just the most likely Kingdom my party will be headed to given our resources and the Gryphon's for travel.

Thanks ,

Sasha

Scribbles

QuoteOh and Scribbles ..I love the new work you have done on your Kingdom ..I am reading through it now. Can't wait to meet the citizens and that . Logically in my mind your just the most likely Kingdom my party will be headed to given our resources and the Gryphon's for travel.

I can't wait for the Velerians to meet the Mystorians, I think they'll be especially fascinated when they learn of how old your nation is and of all the exotic foods it has to offer. ^_^

Been wanting to chat with you about that actually because I'm not quite sure how we would go about meeting.
AA and OO

Sasha

Welcome to send me a PM at any time to discuss anything you like .

I started out with my Kingdom putting together the party of missionaries ...and pulling one or two from the standard citizens to go along . Since its a friendly party , peaceful mission .. taking some of our cultures goodies with them so to speak ...small samples of things we would like to export .

Was going to have them flown over the mountains ...and dropped near the base ..then head through the woods. As it is doubtful that the Gryphon beasts are going to want to leave their defined territory. Approaching what on the way ...to find the King or Queen ..First small village ..for they got no clue what awaits them.  How fun can that be ...whoo hooo.

So to me ...

Part A - Finish the Missionaries .
Part B - Send them on their merry way ....
Part C - had offered that kingdom in the sea to have someone breach up onto our shoreline but Lyrus is thinking on it .

Part D - open for options ..but might have my hands full since I agreed to help Storytell ..and offered to play a character in the nasty Demon Kingdom the cookie monster came up with.

Oh and not forgetting offering to play a Nasty Monster Critter ..or what not for Sydonai.

Please don't be offended if I left your kingdom out ..I still reading and getting a feel for things. Plus I have other stories going on as I am sure others do as well. So far everyone has done such an awesome job it is as Scribbles said .. great reads. I am excited .

Sasha

Kate

Dont worry about treading on my toes. Role play away with each others nations.

For those of you that have more than 3 leaders I would adore a list of the three you want to play at the top of your nation thread (so storytellers know they can rp the others)

The effort all ave put unto this is amazing ! Some of the background is a very interesting read.