Caravanserai [Open Waters]

Started by Flower, November 14, 2021, 08:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyron

Name: Brad Warren
Date | Time: July 1st, 2025
Wearing: A powder blue shirt and yellow Bermuda shorts, sunglasses
Tagging: Charlie, Becky, Everett, Open

Bradley Warren was a simple man with simple desires. He wasn't one to turn up his nose at day drinking. He just decided that a pink lemonade hit the spot. Between that and his getup, he felt like a variety pack of marshmallow Peeps. Secondary motive.

His ride above deck started with him people-watching the people-watcher from a chair. Why? Well, why not? Compared to most of the tourists, the man's attire didn't exactly fit for a trip to an island getaway. His solitude drew attention among those who were with friends or were chit-chatting with strangers. A workaholic who had an epiphany? A newly divorced man? He was handsome. Maybe he had gotten lucky one night. But definitely a workaholic. Most would be glittery-eyed at the ocean if they weren't busy puking their guts out. Overall, the man wavered between uncertainty and disinterest.

Until a pair of ladies beckoned him into their circle. Becky. Charlie. For an eavesdropper, the yell carried well enough on the salty breeze. Becky seemed to be the social butterfly. Brad could just make out Charlie's British accent.

The waters had appeared calm, but apparently the man hadn't learned how to swim. He clung to his alcoholic drink like a lifebuoy.

Brad stood. His free hand removed his sunglasses from his face and clipped them to the collar of his shirt. Thus began his Baywatch amble. The sinking really took off when Becky leaned teasingly and made a remark. The man got sweaty and red-faced like a marathon runner. It sounded as though the British woman was trying to smooth over the situation, but Brad had already prepared a remark and chose to move forward with it. The Baywatch slow-mo was no joke.

"Have you ladies been giving this poor man a hard time?" His voice normally didn't carry inflections well. Sometimes, Brad envisioned himself as an old detective weathered by years on the job with retirement on the horizon, just a couple of decades early and instead because he contended with celebrities for a living. Still, the words vibrated his chest with enough warmth and humor not to go misconstrued, and a smile touched his lips. His attention flicked to the man. Ice clinked as he tipped his glass. "Who would've thunk it that life vests would be needed for this trip. I think I saw some hanging around here somewhere." He took a quick sip of his lemonade. "Did I overhear that the pool or the beach was first on the agenda? Based on what the captain said a bit ago, it sounds as though we're getting close to shore. I'm deciding between a nap or some real food myself."

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Wolfling72

Name: Tiana Thoms
Wearing: See the picture and add some white Reebok classics
Tagging: Open | Mentioning: Becky, Brad, Charlie and Everett

'Ew, this up and down, up and down, up and down. Why didn't anyone tell me?'

Had anyone turned toward the tatted-up woman leaning against the ferry's railing, they would have immediately noted the distinct lack of color and rivulets of sweat seeping across her brow. She hated travel by water but the agent she'd used to arrange this vacation had sworn she'd love arriving at the island by boat. Why had she listened to that inane woman? She flippin' knew better, right? Three and half decades spent alive on this planet and she STILL couldn't say no when someone became insistent.

'Dumb ass!'

Eventually, conversations began to register as something other people were having. One slim hand gripped the railing for dear life as she wobbled upright and turned slowly to see who was close by. Immediately, her dark gaze landed on a conglomeration of people, male and female, all exceedingly attractive in their own ways. Two guys, one of them built like he bench pressed trucks on his off days, the other long and lean and both "conventionally" handsome. The women were built along model lines, toned forms, long hair, innocent smiles. Did anyone come on vacation and look horrid, ever?

She gave a slight smile as a passing server handed her a glass of pink lemonade. The scent pricked at her nostrils and invited sipping so, she did just that. Somehow, the very tartness soothed her roiling belly enough that she could let go of the railing. Setting herself for a stroll by swiping one elegant hand over her flustered features, Tee wandered closer to the foursome and waited until there was a lull in the conversation.

"Excuse me," her husky contralto intruded lightly, "Does anyone know how much longer my stomach is going to have to withstand this torment?"
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Untamed Skies

Name: Katrielle Hale
Date | Time: July 1st 2025 | Whatever time the ferry ride is.
Wearing: Black felt line cap, baseball sleeve black shirt, and leather pants.. The bottom part of her arm tattoo is visible.Tattoo is visible. With her guitar case at her side.
Tagging: Reese, Elizabeth, and Haruka, open

Reese's excitement was pretty easy to discern. That was a good thing. It let Kat know to make sure the experience was positive, even if it was just for Reese. Though Kat might protest that she would never get used to people being excited about herself. The truth was she was becoming reasonably adept at putting her surprise aside and trying to step into the role that she perceived a rockstar would. More than that, Kat felt it was important to reward such a reaction like Reese's. The truth was seeing it and knowing it was the hard work Katrielle put into the career that made all of it worthwhile for her.

Elizabeth had been more reserved than her friend. Or acquaintance? Kat had quickly tried to discern the expectations of both women, and Elizabeth was the harder of the two to read. She might have been simply playing it cool. A lot of people didn't want to get too much into a celebrities face. But it was far more likely that Kat was just obscure fact famous. Just like one person in a group might know a random fact or topic they were excited about. Katrielle was famous enough to be recognized by a person in a group. Emphasis on a person.

As she discerned the lovely redhead, she wouldn't miss Elizabeth was doing the same back to her. That she had caught her checking her out, and she made sure to note that her attention wasn't unwelcome. Kat made sure to keep that in mind for later. Though just as soon she made the observation Elizabeth commented on Katrielle's unique name. Which probably meant she hadn't heard it before, which probably told that if she did know Kat's music, it was as that random catchy song on the radio.

"Thank you," Katrielle said at the compliment of her name. "My parents wanted my name to be unique after naming my older brother Scott hehe." She explained with a laugh.

"Alright, Elizabeth, it is then," Kat added when Elizabeth told Kat her preference. Maybe if fate had it, they'd see more of each other on the island. Kat would get familiar enough to start using a nickname naturally, but it was no big deal to use her full name in the meantime.

After taking Kat's hand in their introduction, Reese exclaimed her approval to share the picture with Kat after just a moment of hesitation. She had an excellent eye. She had picked Kat out of a ship filled with people and recognized her, and with only a moment, caught sight of another lone passenger that she could enlist to take the picture.

"You got a good eye for people." Kat complimented Reese. "If they have scavenger hunts can I be on your team?" She said playfully with a warm smile.

Turning her eyes over to her third-to-be acquaintance in as many minutes, Kat had to admit there was a ton of lovely women on the ship. The third woman was just as beautiful as the two in front of her. Kat always found accents attractive regardless of their origin. Kat came from a small town whose residents were terrified of anything slightly out of the norm, and Katrielle had yet to outgrow that small-town girl dreaming of the bigger world altogether. Kat made note that she wasn't the only one on unsteady legs on the boat.

If Reese had known exactly who she was and a friend and Elizabeth had no clue who she was. Haruka's roaming eyes were the middle ground. There was a degree of recognition. Kat guessed she had seen a video or an interview in passing, maybe saw her face in a magazine, but the truth was Kat's voice was more famous than her face was, so Haruka's reaction was the most common...That was a lie; Elizabeth's was the most common.

"Well," Kat said to Haruka's question with a pause. "We can take the picture on my phone, and then either assuming our new friend is fine with it," She said, referring to Haruka's willingness and patience. "She could use whatever camera you two would like a picture on. Or I could text you both the first picture." She asked, tilting her head, asking their preference.

It'd be giving Reese and Elizabeth her actual number, but Kat didn't get the impression they'd blow it up, or worse, share it. Hell, maybe by the end of her stay, they'd be friends and have her number anyway. Maybe that was naïve, but both had made positive impressions on her, and maybe having a person or two to coordinate events around would prove to make the vacation all the more fun.

"Don't let me invade your bubble. You guys can get as close as you're comfortable with, and if I need to back up, let me know." Kat said in a cheerful voice. Letting both of them get as close as they liked or needed to while trying not to make either of them feel entrapped. Once Elizabeth and Reese had figured out where they wanted to be. Kat would lift her right hand and make the rock devil horns hand gesture with a smile and wait for Haruka to take their picture(s).

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Wearing: As Pictured
Tagging: Charlie, Everett, Open!

Becky kept one hand on Charlie's and the other on Everett's and slowly moved them towards each other as they spoke.

"Absolutely." She beamed to Charlie, making a mental note to get her information ready to send to the woman once they had signals. To Everett's words she could do nothing but maintain a bright smile as she struggled mightily not to burst out with giggles.

My work here is done. Becky thought smugly to herself, letting go of their hands in a soft, subtle way that they might not even realize at first she'd left them touching each other's hands.

She was just about to make a smooth getaway when she got called out by a pleasant voice that she, upon turning to it saw was attached to another rather pleasant man to look at. "What? Lil' ol' me?" She responded with as sugary sweet voice and a flutter of her eyelashes, her free hand motioning to her chest in manner that might seem like she was about to do declare something. "Beach is first on my agenda, sugar." She said, her eyes sparkling at the thought of this well built man with his shirt off at exactly that location. "Y'all should meet us there!"

Her attention was once again stolen though as a voice that sounded as though it was mid-lurch caused her turn, and the sugar and spice smile on her face turned into a look of concern as she instinctively stepped closer to Tiana and put her free hand out, wrapping it around the woman's waist and holding her to help steady the woman. She looked as green around the gills as Becky had ever seen! Must be from somewhere inland and never been on a boat before.

"Woah easy girl I got you." Becky said soothingly. "Take a breath sweetie you look too good to go ruining it." As she held her though and she took her in she became aware of how rather absurd it was for a woman built like her to be supporting a woman built like this. The woman looked like she could bench press Becky, which was no mean feat! "Not to mention ripped, damn I thought I'd gotten in good shape for this, what are you just stopping by on your way to the Olympics?" She hoped her providing a steady, if somewhat soft, form to lean against and a stream of compliments and friendliness might help the woman ease her unease a bit.

Meanwhile, her eyes found a moment to flash back to Charlie and Everett and see how they'd responded to Becky sneakily putting their hands together.

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: July 1 | Morning
Wearing: Comfortable black pants and white tank top with black sneakers. Black sunglasses too.
Tagging: Elizabeth, Katrielle, Haruka, Tiana (M) | Open

Apollo? Reese’s forehead creased as she pondered on the name. Nothing sparked to mind. You’d think she’d remember with a name like that. Rather than grow frustrated about her lapse of memory, she simply pinned the mention for later research if she remembered. Caravanserai had a habit of distracting people from their original intentions.

“That’s pretty cool of him,” she said, admiration shining from her eyes. “It’s rare these days for someone to take you under their wing.”

She was curious why he decided to sponsor her career but didn’t voice that question for fear of it being too personal. Who knows? Maybe Elizabeth would share more about her sponsor after they hung out more.

Reese noticed the subtle shift in Elizabeth’s demeanor after she mentioned paying for the photoshoot. Immediately, a wave of guilt assailed her as upsetting the woman hadn’t been her intention. She’d been trying to be courteous and appreciative. As a person in an unconventional profession, she knew all too well how some people didn’t respect the level of dedication she put into her craft. They sought to negotiate her prices or claim that her job wasn’t, in fact, work.

Now, if the prices were sky high, she’d need more than the redhead’s word that they were worth that amount of money. However, she thought that obstacle was a big deal seeing how most people had examples of their work online.

“Business and personal intermingle a lot for me, so perhaps it’s best to say the former.” She kept a smile plastered on her face even though she was reconsidering the photoshoot altogether. “Maybe this isn’t the best place to discuss the particulars. Let’s chat about it another time.”

Thankfully, any awkwardness was avoided by the presence of a superstar. At least on Reese’s end. Katrielle seemed so awesome and down-to-earth. Her chill manner made Reese love her all the more. She’d read articles about the musician being wonderful to her fans, but it was different to experience it firsthand.

Reese somehow managed to hear Elizabeth’s nicknames comment despite being bedazzled by their celebrity company. “You know,” she chuckled, “You’re not the first Elizabeth to say that. For whatever reason, Liz and Beth aren’t anybody’s favorites.”

Her boldness paid off, and the slender Asian woman approached them with intent to take their picture. Fabulous! She nodded at the mention of taking the picture with a phone, ready to take out hers, but then Kat volunteered her own. She stared with wide-eyed surprise at the musician as if she’d lost her mind.

“Are you sure?” She asked, speaking before thinking about it. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. “I mean, of course. It’s your phone.”

Maybe it was a burner phone? Must be. She wouldn’t just give her actual number to strangers.

Reese stood beside Kat and flashed a million-dollar smile at the young woman who agreed to take their picture. A few snaps later, the picture-taking session was complete. She scooted over to grant the women some space but remained by the railing of the ferry.

"Thank you," she said to the young lady who took their pictures. Faint concern crossed her face, however, when she noticed a young woman not having a great time. "Ooh. Feel so bad for her. Hopefully, this ferry ride isn't too long. I stared at enough water on the plane ride over."

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth Staunton
Date | Time: July 1, 2025
Wearing: Jeans, long sleeve button up as pictured, leather case for a decently large camera with an attached section for a sketch pad and pencils. Using her 5'5 walking staff of a silvery wood. Tennis shoes.
Tagging: Reese, Katrielle, Haruka, open.

The redhead nodded cheerfully, grinning all mischievously. "Oh, he's a royal pain in my posterior, but he's a truly great guy. Single, too!" She gave Reese a exaggerated wink, breaking into giggles. "Seriously though, a great catch, if you run into him and are interested in that sort of thing." It was pretty clear that she could care less about that entire side of humanity, but she had been serious about the Apollo details. "We've been friends for a really long time... One of my few friends, in fact." It didn't bother her mentioning that, she was aware her life had been an odd one.

Rubbing at her neck, the artist nodded. "Yeah, that's probably a good plan. I am quite happy to do the shoot, just let me know." Stupid money, messing up everything... Reese has meant well, but negotiating a business deal was a delicate art Elizabeth wasn't great at. They had similar views about the misconception many people had about art  and how much it should cost... Everything was just annoyingly difficult deciding what to charge for who and what. Then there were the people who requested a basic package then demanded the world for a cheap price. Such a mess. Easiest not to deal with it all now.

Katrielle's joke wasn't the funniest, but definitely enough for a giggle and smile. "I'm an only child, for various reasons. Do you have a lot of siblings?"

Good luck flirting with Reese, lovely Katrielle. Wouldn't put too much effort into it if I were you. But she kept such thoughts off her face, not entirely willing to write off the attraction to Reese, but not clinging to any vague hopes. There were plenty of women, surely one would be enthusiastic about exploring the possibility of romance with a lovely redhead artist. "Oh, uh, a text works." Gracefully leaning back, she slipped a business card out of her case, the motion clearly practiced to be done smoothly, then passed to Kat. The front had all the usual contact information, name, email, online presence, super imposed over a sunrise peeking above a foggy lake, a vaguely haunting picture she had taken. On the back was a very nearly photo realistic drawing of the artist herself, looking all pensive and creative, somehow just radiating the Muses inspiration and her powers to conjure art. The woman was clearly immensely talented, only the colors being slightly hyper realistic and little tiny pencil marks revealing the fact that it was other than a photograph. 

"Mm, Beth is a different name in my mind, and all the kids at school called me limpy Liz the lez." Far too much information, delivered in a quite emotionless tone, dismissed with a shrug. On some level she knew making people uncomfortable wasn't the best, but at the same time...   It was pretty fair warning that she could be a little prickly and awkward. Reese's most interesting face seemed to be about Kat's phone... Which seemed quite normal to the redhead. Unusual.

Her smile was less brilliant than the other two ladies, much more professional. Being in photos wasn't her favorite, but it was nice to be included. After the task was done, the other woman thanked, the redhead looked up at the instigator of the group selfie. Could it still be called a selfie for multiple people? "So Katrielle." Yes, she remembered she was authorized to shorten it to Kat, but enjoyed playing with the much cooler name, rolling it around on her tongue and turning it almost into a sentence by itself. "That's a guitar case, right? I really like the artwork, tres cool. What kind do you play?"

Wyatt

Name: Annona “Nona” Verite
Date | Time: July 1st 2025
Wearing: Casual white tank top, blousy denim maxi skirt, white sun hat, non-slip chunky sandals.
Tagging: Becky, Tiana, Open

Nona was skipping back and forth between scenery and people watching as she moved quietly along the deck of the ferry, snapping more than her share of gorgeous pics of the scenery and just getting a feel for the other passengers headed towards vacations of their own.  She might have felt a little underdressed compared to some but that was her casual style, and she had several outfits packed for that day or night that called for glamming it up good and proper.

The hat was her one specifically purchased for this trip accessory, and it did a mediocre job of keeping the sun and her long hair out of her eyes, the ocean breeze taking its fair share of blame for the latter to be sure.  It was relaxing, right, that was why she was here, to decompress, to think about things in the best way possible, by not thinking about them at all.  Still, you could take the healer out of her office and the clinic, but she still was who she was and seeing one woman looking ready to either drop with dizziness or toss her last meal overboard with a sweaty, washed out look that truly did not fit the Olympian goddess she seemed to be, Nona headed her way, hand already reaching into the bag that hung from her right shoulder as she saw another woman get their first to render aid.

Gawking at a pair of unmatchable beauties, each remarkable to say the very least, in their own physically gawk-worthy way, was not on the menu of things Nona intended for that day, or really any day ever, but she managed to break her eyes away from the mix of curves, a mix between the two of taut and lush curves, arcs and just plain wow-ness, and heard the woman who had come to the rescue using her voice, the touch and steadying of her hand and arm around the under the weather force of nature, and drawing the seasick beauty close to rest, find some equilibrium and comfort that was offered with a graceful, easy charm that was sincerity laced in a way that one neither heard nor felt nearly often enough.

“Hey…Hi there, looks like you have known better moments, and will soon, we just have to get you there first, huh?” Nona spoke to both women, greeting each and speaking to the woman who was sweating that cold, wicked sweat no one ever wanted to feel.  Her hand was offered, not empty or simply in greeting, but a trio of small, soft and loosely wrapped treats of some sort lay in her palm.

“If you can, these might help, and they won’t hurt at the very least.  Homeopathic, natural, it will distract and settle your tummy a bit while your rescuer distracts and settles the rest, if you want to try one,” Nona offered, taking one with her free hand, unwrapping it and popping the soft ginger and peppermint chew into her own mouth, the flavors surprisingly compatible and not as overwhelming on the tongue as one might expect, “I can never fully figure out if Chimes is the brand, the name of the candy itself or both, but the kind of stuff that has worked for thousands of years, and tasty too.”

She had an extra little bottle of water she had tucked into her bag as well, one of those eight ounce ones that were a full cup, but in bottle form looked inexplicably smaller than that.  Nona offered the tasty remedy and a smile for both, her voice easy and soothing, not drawing any more attention to the twosome she joined for a moment, even as the ferry swooped up and slid down a long and lazy swell that it swept atop and past.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Wolfling72

Tagging: Becky (with the good hair) and Nona

"Woah easy girl I got you. Take a breath sweetie you look too good to go ruining it."

A divine angel sent from the heavens above suddenly encircled Tee's waist, her voice a low, slow, seductive coo of sound that immediately made the stunt woman want to lay down. How the hell did she manage that? Tee blinked rapidly and forced her dark gaze onto the woman who'd swooped into steady her and allowed a small dimpled grin to touch the corners of full lips.

"Mamita, you looked in the mirror recently??" Because truth to power, the gods were playing NO JOKES when they built her. Of course, it didn't sound quite as self-assured as Tee had wanted. Still, words were given to the air and that was good, right? The woman continued her commentary and somehow managed to bring a flush to unusually pale cheeks but Tee gave it back, anyway. "Most of the girls in the Olympics can't do what I can do..." She paused. "Or if they can, they don't brag about it." Her grin was interrupted by a particularly vile wave and the arrival of yet another hottie.

“Hey…Hi there, looks like you have known better moments, and will soon, we just have to get you there first, huh?”

Tee swiveled slightly, bringing the beauty with the booty along for the conversation. Dark eyes flicked over the taller woman before a shaky grin attempted to find a home on the poor sea sick woman's lips. "At this point, I am willing to try anything." Luckily, the woman had some "anything" on hand. Tee grabbed a piece of candy and popped it into her mouth before releasing a little chuckle. "Tastes like ginger root tea flavored with mint." She paused as a wash of some unknowable emotion flowed over her features and left a patina of sadness behind. "My mother used to make it for me when my tummy was upset."

Another wave sent her stumbling slightly but the inexplicable rise of nausea did not follow. "Oh. I might make it after all! Anyway, I'm Tiana  but call me Tee. No idea who this beautiful do-gooder is but I am pleased ta meetcha both."
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wyatt

Wearing: Casual white tank top, blousy denim maxi skirt, white sun hat, non-slip chunky sandals.

“Hrmm, so that is what is mixed in with the sugary goodness,” Nona winked playfully at Tee and her friend, “My mum too, and ironically she used it in tea, Tee, but kind of hard to carry that around unless you have a Saint Bernard to attach the cask to, but I couldn’t get one into my carry on luggage,” she replied with a soft lilt of laughter in her voice, glad that Tee seemed to be responding well, especially to her first rescuer's attentions, and smiled at them both, sweeping some errant strands of her long mane out of her face as the sea breeze didn’t cooperate in that moment or any other moment to be truthful.

“I’m Nona, very glad to meet you both.  I know some amazing hangover remedies too, just in case that comes in handy while anyone is here,” Nona offered, worried for a moment that it made her sound like a party girl, rather than a lady who didn’t mind a great party, but didn’t crave or live for them.  She really didn’t know what to expect, the place was recommended by a friend, but they were the sort who kept details to a minimum to not ruin the trip with expectations or opinions of another, but it was obviously a great place just based on the bright and sunny smile of the person who recommended it as she told Nona of it.

“Either of you been here before?  My imagination is running wild, but that is kind of normal for me anyway.  Wouldn’t mind a couple of suggestions…about things to do and places to see I mean,” Nona added the last bit after a short pause, whether for effect to allow interpretation or just her way of speaking to two stunning ladies she just met, even she didn’t know why it came out that way.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Peripherie

Name: Everett Steele
Wearing: Grey shirt, watch, and bracelet (as pictured), thick-rimmed glasses that have transition lenses that turn dark in the sun, dark-wash jeans, and a pair of well-loved red chucks.
Tagging: Charlie, Becky, Brad (not named), open.

"To do? Um, hmm." For a moment, Everett had gotten lost in the conversation. He was thoroughly embarrassed but there was something about the attention that had warmed the center of his chest.

"The pool sounds nice. I...." A side effect was that he had completely forgotten the specific itinerary he had charted out in his brain beforehand. He was tempted to pull out the brochure he had stuffed in his back pocket, but currently, he had one hand on his drink. And the other hand... well.

Everett started to share down, when another voice detailed his train of thought.

"Have you ladies been giving this poor man a hard time?"

The man speaking was certainly something. Just slightly taller than Everett, he had much more on him in the way of muscle and swagger. Goodness, everyone he had seen so far on the way to the resort had been amazing to look at. It was hard to be even more embarrassed or out of his element, but the way he shifted on his feet gave a clear indication of his body doing its damndest to try. 

"Err, I'm fine, thanks. They are ... we are just talking." He had known it was a joke but felt it important to respond anyway, as if to give Charlie the idea that he was offended by her 'cute' comment.

His stomach growled at the mention of food. Surely he had eaten before he boarded the ferry that morning but perhaps it was the energy burned to sustain the rosy stain on his cheeks or just his desire to help metabolize the contents of his now empty glass, but Everett was hungry.

Once again, he thought of his brochure - when were the eateries open at the resort again? Reaching back to grab at it, it was then he remembered his 'free' hand and finally saw that his fingers had been brushing up against the soft skin of Charlie's hand for a while.

Blush in overdrive. "Oh... crap, I mean, excuse me. Sorry." He raised his hand to run through his hair, a guilty look forming on his face even though he couldn't suppress a sheepish grin. As it came together that this was all Becky's doing, his eyes found hers across the boat deck. She was trouble for sure. Between she, Charlie, and this new man - Everett felt like he might need some saving after all.

Life vest, indeed.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Nadore

Name: Haruka Aoi.
Wearing: thin high-cut white bodysuit, tight black leather jeans, black stiletto peep-toe heels, rimless white glasses
Tagging: Reese, Elizabeth, Katrielle, Open.

Haruka took Kat's phone and snapped a couple of pictures, allowing the three women to pose as she got into the stereotypical Asian picture-taking postures. "That was great! Keep it up!" Haruka said as if they were in a professional photoshoot.

"Alright," She handed the phone back to Kat. "Let me know what you guys think! And I can use the bigger camera if you want as well. I don't think I can capture pictures as well as you with that type of camera, but I can certainly try my best." Haruka said with a smile towards the shyer-looking woman.

"I don't think I caught your names, but I'm Haruka, Haruka Aoi. Urologist." She told them, plugging her business in whenever she could, although it made little sense in this current case since she never takes in women as clients. However, you never know if a bandmate or something ever needed to go see one.

She rested both hands on her hips and gave them a beaming smile.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Tiana, Nona, Open! (mentioning Charlie, Everett, Brad) 

Becky found herself being dragged away from one threesome and into another, she managed a happy wave and a "See you two later!" With a grin at Charlie and Everett and a  "Nice to meet you Brad!" As he attempts to keep in a supportive position of the precariously balanced Tiana meant she was now a bit further away and in a mingle group with those two ladies instead.

She kept her position with one arm about Tiana's waist, being a support and a friendly presence, her other hand brushed some of Tiana's long hair back and gave it a few soothing strokes, treating Tiana a bit like she was mix of her patient and her cat. "Hang in there girl, we're almost there." She said with a positive smile as the ladies talked tea. She was rather intrigued at what exactly it was Tiana could do that Olympians couldn't, but she figured that might be a question for later. Tiana seemed like the type of woman who could do whatever she wanted. Becky sure as heck wouldn't be the one to get in her way!

"I'm Becky." She offered at an opportune moment. "I've been to the one in the Sahara," she said, smile irrepressible as she thought of those memories. "It was A-MA-ZING!" Becky emphasized the word as much as one human being ever could emphasize one word. Her eyes widened, her free hand spread wide as if she was showing off an entire vision of joy, her hips wiggled a bit as if in memory of a non-stop party, bumping up a bit against Tiana in the process provoking an instant, "Oh sorry!" (not because being hip bumped by Becky was at all unpleasant, but rather that jostling a woman having problems with her sea legs might be dicey!) and then was instantly smiling again. "Really, best money I ever spent in my life. If this place is even half as good...Mmmmmm!" She closed her eyes and sighed happily for a moment, still holding Tiana up as if she needed to or the woman might fall over.

"Nice to meet y'all." She said with a grin as she suddenly opened her eyes. "Maybe we can find the bar later and then the next morning see if those hangover cures work." She laughed playfully at Nona. She'd have laughed again if she knew Nona was worried about being seen as a party girl. That was exactly the sort Becky was hoping to run into here!

Britwitch

Name: Charlotte 'Charlie' Barrington
Wearing: Long, black beach style dress with modest heels.
Tagging: Everett, Brad, Open (Mentions Becky and Tiana)

Charlie couldn’t help but laugh as someone unfamiliar suggested life jackets might be needed before long. The analogy probably wasn’t too far from the truth given how Everett seemed to shrink ever so slightly as their group increased, even if only by one or two.

She hadn’t noticed the change in pressure against her hand or the way hers kept drifting to the one nearest to it until she saw one of Everett’s almost panicked glances downwards and realised what Becky had done before she’d skipped away with the gorgeous, if slightly seasick, woman who’d arrived on the scene.

His fumbled apology about his hand only serving to endear him further. He really did seem to be out of his element and the arrival of the taller guy had only seemed to emphasise that fact.

“It’s quite alright, really,” Charlie assured Everett as she pushed some of her own hair back behind her ear with the hand that had just been brushing alongside his, her eyes glancing down at the deck for a second or two as she tried to regain some semblance of control over herself.

“I’m Charlie,” she offered her hand to the newest, broad-shouldered arrival with a smile and a glance upwards to meet his eyes, which required her chin to lift a fraction higher than it did to talk to Everett. “Pleasure to meet you…?” She tailed off hoping he’d fill in the blank for her and, if nothing else, buy Everett a moment or two longer to compost himself. Or excuse himself, if he felt he really had to. Although if he did, she’d already decided to try and seek him out at the resort to apologise properly if she’d made him feel awkward in anyway.

“And I have to admit, now that you mention it, a nap doesn’t sound half bad. Perhaps I’ll kill two birds with one stone, as it were, and have a nap by the water.” She grinned.

The idea of being still for a while was a welcome one. Even if the flight had required her to be fairly sedentary for hours on end, she’d not been able to fully relax since she’d left the UK. The lure of a sandy beach, a cool drink and a comfortable place to lie down was one she knew she’d not be able to resist if faced with it. An air conditioned bedroom was one thing, a nap with the gentle sound of the waves upon the shore was quite another.

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Lyron

Name: Brad Warren
Wearing: A powder blue shirt and yellow Bermuda shorts, sunglasses
Tagging: Charlie, Everett; mentioning Becky, Tiana

Becky was a wiley one. Brad had been watching the trio on his way over. He noticed what she was doing. It was entertaining to see that the other two hadn't picked up on her antics. A small smile sprouted on his lips, and humor glinted in his eyes as he stared between the fluttering eyelashes and the hand placed upon the woman's chest. Surely his expressions were subtle enough for the other two. He decided to do his part and play along. Already he had managed to prolong the man's obliviousness by butting in, so he also would pretend to be unaware of the digits that connected Charlie and the man.

The man who decided to regard his remark seriously. Wasn't he as precious as a child in his Sunday best on Easter morn'? Damn. Becky's southern accent was infiltrating his internal monologue. He smiled. "Oh. Good. My CPR certification is a few years out of date. It wouldn't have been a pretty sight." It wasn't entirely true. Saying he stayed current would only welcome trouble, surely.

It almost already happened. Brad piggy-backed on the comments Charlie made before he had interrupted. A new woman appeared shortly after, clearly unwell, but tight. There were hard abs under that dress. She could probably give him a few pointers. As it turned out, before he could respond to Becky's invitation, her services had been rendered here and were needed elsewhere. The pair of ladies wandered off with a third joining them. "Nice meeting you," he bounced back to Becky.

Events between the other two had unfolded while his head was turned. His eyebrows raised slightly as he caught up. He had half heard the exchange, but their new...disconnect and the rejuvenated blush on the man's face would have clued him in all the same. It took about a minute or two. Not bad.

Charlie introduced herself and prompted for his name. "Brad. The pleasure's all mine." He tucked in the hand with his drink and extended the other out to his side. The bow didn't go very far, like an inch or two or three. Any more involved enthusiasm that he couldn't afford. An older ape had to conserve his energy. When the blonde gave her addendum to her plans, he smiled. "You're a bad influence, Charlie. It's clever." He raised his glass. "Nothing beats an ocean lullaby under the sun, or so I imagine. You'll be asleep like a newborn."

He turned toward the other man. Hopefully he had a moment to compose himself. As tempting as it would be to keep the man as a tomato, Brad would have to bite his tongue on any teasing remarks for now, or else he really might have to bust out the CPR. "I didn't catch your name, sir." He held out his free hand. If his offer would be accepted, he'd follow through with a gentle squeeze. "No holding out on us now. What are your plans?"

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Untamed Skies

Wearing: Black felt line cap, baseball sleeve black shirt, and leather pants.. The bottom part of her arm tattoo is visible.Tattoo is visible. With her guitar case at her side.

It made perfect sense to Kat that Elizabeth had a preference for what she liked to be called, and how certain names just rubbed people wrong. She'd had a friend back in high school named Randy, whom everyone called Randal and he hated it. There hadn't been any specific reason for it, beyond it wasn't his name, and had Elizabeth left it at that Kat wouldn't have had a single thought about. It was easy to pay people respect and call them by their preferred titles after all.

Despite herself though, Kat's eyes widened in surprise when Elizabeth shared what must have been personal and probably painful memories of her past with her and Reese. Kat had expected from her reserved nature that Elizabeth might take some warming up before sharing but...That theory got tossed overboard. Kat went from knowing her name, to knowing her limp wasn't just a temporary injury, she was a lesbian, and that she had been open with her Sexuality since school. None of which was bad, it was just more than she expected. Kat's surprise subsided quickly.

"You knew some assholes in school." Kat said with a light frown, taking the information in stride. "Kids are like small town residents, gotta involve themselves in everyone's business.." She said, offering a bit of personal information back.  Or trying too anyway.

Happily if the moment had been destined to be awkward, Reese's timely interception of Haruka provided a distraction and their attention could turn to getting the offered picture.

"Ooh yeah, you guys seem pretty chill.." Kat said, making sure to leave any doubt out of her voice as she did so.

Was Kat sure it was a good idea to give the other two women her phone number? Well there was degrees of sure. Though any doubt was kept off her features she did wonder if maybe she was still being a little to liberal with that kind of thing. Layla King who was her bassist preached getting a burner phone. But Kat didn't want the hassle of carrying around two phones and managing them. Trying to keep track of who was in what, and she felt like if she started she'd start looking at people down her nose. Like ew you're a burner, that felt scummy. She operated on vibes, and she had good ones with Reese and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth gave Katrielle a business card with her information on it that was pretty artistic. One side being what she guessed was a snapped picture, showing Elizabeth did have a good eye for such things, and the back part.

"This is a pretty cool design." Katrielle praised her lightly before she lined up for the pictures. Kat was very used to being in groups and fans so it as they paused the picture might have been the most comfortable she had felt.

"Yes thank you." Kat said, taking her phone back from Haruka.

"So just give me your number and I'll text it too you, and then if you want to hang out sometime at the hotel you know how to reach me." Kat said the last part with a wink, turning her attention briefly to Reese.

Then, Haruka introduced herself as a urologist. Which was...A doctor of...Something to do with health. She'd make a mental note to google it when she could do so without drawing suspicion.

"Nice to meet you Haruka." she said pleasantly. I'm Katrielle Hale...Rockstar" she introduced herself with the same respect Haruka had just shown her. "Have you been a urologist long?" She asked.

Elizabeth inquired about Kat's guitar next and she turned her attention back to the redhead with a smile, happy someone appreciated the case. While the guitar itself had been a gift with...A lot of strings attached. The case she had treated herself too. It was also a gift of sorts but only in the sense of the time the artist put into it.

"Thanks!" she said her features lighting up as she spoke. "Yeah i got a cherry red fender jaguar inside. I write the songs for my band and you never know when inspiration might strike." She explained in a nonchalant tone. "A very dear friend of mine is a artist and when I said I wish i had a more impressive case, she offered to take some time to paint it for me." She said, stepping to the side and letting Elizabeth and her other current companions to see it.

"I adore it, it's my favorite gift." She explained gazing down it, clearly showing a deep fondness for it. She almost treasured the case more than the instrument inside. Though she of course took good care of both.

Wolfling72

Tagging: Becky (with the good hair) and Nona

Tee listened as the other ladies chatted, her stomach slowly coming back to some semblance of normalcy. She hated being so sensitive and it was annoying to look weak in front of people she considered attractive. Still, she did try to put herself out there and even went so far as to move a bit away from Becky and her exuberance. After all, constraint did not seem to be what that young lady was about!

"Shoot, they had one of these in the desert? I am sorry I missed it!" Tee was far more comfortable with sand as far as the eye could see! With a shrug, she offered up a bit of information about herself and her lack of knowledge. "This is my first real vacation since I retired from the MMA and took up directing stunts and choreographing fights for the pictures. I am hoping like hell someone can lead me around and tell me what to do!" She paused for a moment and tossed wind-blown curls away from her eyes. "I think it's been about ten years since the last time I took a break."

Turning slightly, she smiled at the curvaceous angel that had originally come to her rescue. "Did they have activities and such when you went to the last one?" A grin graced her features as she shifted to take in the candy provider with the sweet smile. "Nona and I need to be prepared!!"

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wyatt

Becky and Tiana were both like goddesses to Nona, each in their own way, and they had her in a giddy mood just meeting them as the first people whose names she learned on this far more glamorous than usual vacation for her,

“I think the bar will definitely be a place to find and celebrate at this evening, but is it the bar, or one of many?” Nona asked, showing perhaps that her knowledge of expensive resorts and cruise ships and the like was far more from reading and hearing about them than experiencing them in her own life.

“MMA?” Nona said aloud, not loudly, but not just in her mind, and suddenly the incredibly fit and powerful figure that Tiana possessed came into both understanding and awe, “Is it okay to ask for stories from your career, or is that verboten?  Just want to make sure I know the ground rules before the first time we have a drink together, I am pretty loose lipped once I get a buzz on…and same for you, lady luscious, I want to hear all about the oasis in the dessert and the watering hole there too,” Nona said, hoping she didn’t come across as too much of a hick.  She was very middle class, had a good job, did some interesting things, even more interesting parentage, but these two made her feel a little plain Jane, not in a mean way or anything.  Luckily Nona was not the insecure sort and things like that passed in and out of her mind and feelings pretty quickly.

“Don’t you two start getting me all up in taking care of you mode, because I will do that and not think twice.  I know someone I worked with that used to take the most amazing cruises by working medical staff on the cruise ships, got paid to be on a cruise…I mean, she worked then too, but the fringe benefits were fantastic.”

Nona shared her smile in turn with each of the ladies and then looked out towards the dock they would be arriving on, now all the more excited and the good kind of nervous about what this adventure would be like and eager to get it officially started.
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Nadore

Name: Haruka Aoi.
Wearing: thin high-cut white bodysuit, tight black leather jeans, black stiletto peep-toe heels, rimless white glasses
Tagging: Reese, Elizabeth, Katrielle, Open.

"Hm, Rockstar...very interesting," Haruka replied to Katrielle before answering her question. "I've been a urologist for nearly a decade now, more if you count when I decided what to study." She said before going onto a long tangent about her life, as she always does. "My father passed from penile cancer when I was still a freshman in High School and that haunted and stuck with me to this day, which is why I take it very seriously." It was the same story as ever, the one she had always told to everyone she met, even to those that didn't want to hear it, she said it anyways. To this day, no one knows or has ever confirmed whether the story was true or not, but who's to say she was lying? Why would someone lie about their father dying from penile cancer? This should be the noblest of causes to go into urology is it not?

Haruka says before reaching into her pocket and pulling out another business card and handing it to Katrielle and the girls. It was the same business card from before, well almost the same. It only had her email on it and the number was absent.

Dr. Haruka Aoi
XXXX@WhateverEmailYouWant.com
(382) 563-4273
Los Angeles, California

"Please, if you know anyone who might be having problems, please direct them my way." She holds out her business card with both hands and slightly bowed, nudging each of the girls to take one with a smile on her face.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Tiana, Nona, Open! 

Becky nodded and smiled eagerly at the mention of a Cara in the desert.

The MMA? Becky wracked her brain. MMA? Was that the publishing house in New England? She just decided to nod and smile. But the rest of it she understand. "You're a stuntwoman?" She blinked, obviously super impressed. She put her hands up in mocking submission, "You'll let me know first if you're mad at me, right?" She laughed playfully, then the laughter died just a little as Becky waited for an answer seemingly seriously, then burst out laughing again. She couldn't help it. She was off to Caravanserai! Everything made her happy!

Visions of leading this gorgeous and ripped woman about had Becky a bit tongue tied, as she tried to make a light hearted comment about it but stopped herself before she could put her foot in her mouth. Thankfully she was saved by the conversation continuing to questions of activities.

"Oh all the time." She said eagerly. "There were camel rides, astronomy nights, dance parties at the bar, we went and explored some ruins once," She ticked things off on her fingers. "And of course the restaurant and bars. Mmmmm." She closed her eyes, savoring the memories. "It was per-fect!"

She shrugged at the question of whether it was one bar or many. "Figure there's a bunch of them." She said sipping her pink lemonade. What would it matter, it wasn't like finding drinks would be heard no matter what the situation was. Damn, all this talk of bars was making her want to start drinking some thing alcoholic.

Whatever she was about to say next, perhaps a subtle attempt at figuring out what this MMA thing they both seemed to know of, was cut off as Nona called her lady luscious. Becky couldn't help but beam. She stood up a little straighter, not that she was slouching mind you, and brushed a shoulder off and made a show of tossing her hair back. "Lady luscious, huh?" She repeated with a very proud smile, mocking her own vanity. "Oh I like you." She put a hand over Nona's and squeezed.

She was rather comfortable being pretty close to both these ladies now, not that she'd been uncomfortable before, but now she felt like this was definitely a trio that could meet up later and have some fun together!

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: July 1 | Morning
Wearing: Comfortable black pants and white tank top with black sneakers. Black sunglasses too.
Tagging: Elizabeth, Katrielle, Haruka | Open

Elizabeth's comments about Apollo earned an amused laugh from Reese, especially about him being single. She wasn't the least bit surprised by his lack of attachment. No doubt he was playing the field and enjoying the bachelor lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that as marriage was overrated as far as she was concerned. Her view of it had been eroded by her ex-husband, who threw everything they built away for a single night of pleasure.

Her acquaintance received no further questions from her about him as Reese wasn't interested in learning more about the man through a secondary source, at least for romantic pursuits. The last time someone set her up on a blind date, she ended up paying the bill after her date exploded at an overwhelmed waitress for getting his order wrong.

The person who set her up with him called him a nice guy.

"I believe in quality over quantity when it comes to friends," Reese said with a shrug. Elizabeth's selectiveness when it came to her inner circle didn't strike her as strange. If anything, it was wise. "And it sounds like you have one worth a dozen."

Reese took a hot minute to get over her fascination after Katrielle joined their conversation; becoming less blinded by being in the presence of a literal star allowed her to appreciate the conversation occurring around her.

It was so weird yet wonderful to witness a person you admired from a distance be, well, normal.

She stopped being a quiet observer of the ongoing conversation when Elizabeth revealed the painful reason behind her disdain for the nickname Liz. Reese offered her a sympathetic look as it sounded like she had a rough go of it during her school years.

"Thank God for those years being behind us." But, of course, being an adult didn't exempt them from uncomfortable run-ins with idiots, but it happened less often in Reese's experience. She then added her struggles with her name to hopefully make Elizabeth feel less alone in her painful reminiscence. "My name earned some bullshit too, especially the 'There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's' one from the candy commercial."

Pictures were taken, and Reese silently cheered at the fact that she'd gotten such an unexpected memento from one of her favorite singers. When Haruka returned the phone to Kat, she scooted a little closer to the singer and peered down at the screen. The photo looked perfect. Hell, even if something were wrong with it, she wouldn't have said anything as she was just grateful for the picture at all.

"Pleasure to meet you, Haruka. I'm Reese." Rather than introduce the other ladies present, she allowed them to do so themselves.

Then, with a single statement, it became abundantly clear that Elizabeth was clueless about Katrielle's musical prowess. Reese exercised restraint not to whip out her phone and play a Youtube video to enlighten the other woman's ears. Elizabeth then inquired about the guitar case, and Reese could've kissed her in thanks as it resulted in Kat sharing some background on how it came to be so intricately designed.

She opened her mouth to comment, but Haruka beat her to the chase as she shared more about how she'd entered the urologist field. Reese found it more challenging to think of a positive spin for her father dying of cancer like how she'd done with Elizabeth's name comment.

That's good for you? Ugh, no. That didn't sound very good.

So Reese chose to say nothing in the end, directing her gaze towards the waves as if she spotted something within their depths.

When Haruka shared her business cards with them, as Elizabeth had done earlier, she remembered the need to share her phone number with Katrielle. Otherwise, she'd never received her picture! So she waited for another pause in their conversation before she rattled off her phone number to the singer.

"Oooh!" She exclaimed and turned more fully to stare out at the stretching waters. A hand lifted to shield her eyes. "Is that land I see?"

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth Staunton
Date | Time: July 1, 2025
Wearing: Jeans, long sleeve button up as pictured, leather case for a decently large camera with an attached section for a sketch pad and pencils. Using her 5'5 walking staff of a silvery wood. Tennis shoes.
Tagging: Reese, Katrielle, Haruka, open.

Harukas offer to use the bigger camera, though clearly well intended, was met with the kind of polite smile given by mothers to strangers who suggested juggling children or letting them swim with sharks or play with fire. Nobody was playing with her expensive fancy baby but her, absolutely especially not on a moving boat. But the redhead was definitely caught off guard by the woman's declaration of her job, visibly startled and uncertain. "Uh, isn't that a pee doctor of some sort?" She blurted, then had the grace to look decently embarrassed, hands shifting on her walking staff. The story caused a little blush for whatever Elizabeth reasons, her attention more focused over the woman's shoulder and actually looking at her. She didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about taking the card, but gingerly gripped it between two fingers as an attempt to internally apologize for any gaffes made so far.

Reese's comments about friend quantity being the most relevant thing earned the blond an approving nod. "He is,he is." There was a brief pause as the other woman's revelation about her nickname problems sank in.. a small smile tugging at Elizabeth's lips.. "Okay so I'm unable to resist. What's your preferred way of eating a Reese's, or is that too much like cannibalism or frustrating due to the memories?" Perhaps not the most sensitive of potential questions, but Elizabeth's mouth did tend to run away with her brain occasionally.

But most of her attention was focused on Katrielle, who seemed to share the highest level of the right kind of interest. The artist had goals for her trip, and it seemed less likely that Reese and or Haruka we're in the running. Not that she would hide from them or avoid conversations if it came up, but three extra people were pushing the limits of the introvert's social skills, making a natural channel for Elizabeth's communication. "Mmm, yeah. And Savannah itself has a lot of small town attitudes as well. "

The compliment to her card got a smile that was 70% shy, 20% pleased, and only 10% embarrassed as she rubbed at an ear. "Thank you. I feel a little awkward about having my face on my card, but my manager insisted. Seems to work out so far.."

The lovely brunettes declaration of her job got a small giggle from Elizabeth... For some reason the redhead thought it was humor, despite the fact that the other Caravanserai had contained several musicians. Truly she wasn't thinking super straight that day. But her eyes widened slightly as the musician continued, it sinking in a little that she might not have been exaggerating, and actually was literally a rockstar. "That's cool." She agreed, despite still having absolutely no clue who the woman was or what she did.

Tucking the staff momentarily into her armpit, Elizabeth held up both hands, laughing softly. "Woah, ok, you out past my knowledge after the word red. I guess what I was trying to ask this if you played electric or... Uh, wood? You can see the limits of my musical knowledge.." Her smile was amused at herself, not minding that she had no clue about the discussion she started. The look Katrielle gave to the case caused Elizabeth to reach up a hand to lightly curl a strand of her red hair around a finger, suddenly warmed by the other woman's look of affection, what it seemed to reveal about her personality. "I can tell she did a really good job, and put a lot of work into it. What's her name, there's a chance I might know her. The art community isn't super huge. What does the person under the tree represent to you?" Elizabeth paused, wrinkling her nose at herself. "Ahh, sorry if I'm being nosey. I'm just curious about everything."

Shading her eyes, there was a nod of agreement. "Looks like land indeed. Seems like it's almost time to venture on to our home away from home for a while."

Untamed Skies

"Well, rising rockstar, but that doesn't sound as good." Kat said when Haruka commented about her being a rockstar. For Kat, being a genuine rockstar came with fame and recognition, and she certainly wasn't a household name just yet. "We're not headlining stadiums just yet. But if you listen to rock you might recognize my band more than me. I'm the lead vocalist of Wicked Rhythm." She said, offering both a potential second means of recognizing her, but also a way out where Haruka and or Elizabeth didn't need to feel like they should.

The trip was proving to be a more educational experience than Katrielle might have expected. She had learned a few intimate details from her new acquaintances. To Kat, it revealed a fairly strong strength of character able to comment on negative experiences casually. In their place, Kat wasn't sure she'd have been so candid. Though it was probably a distinction of the memory, the past could arguably have either been buried for Elizabeth or been a source of power for Haruka. Kat's? Well, her present was far more empowering than the reason she had gone on her hiatus.

Elizabeth made the mistake that Kat had managed to bite her tongue before blurting out herself. Elizabeth landed closer and actually might have been basically right on the money. Though, now she didn't need to google it. Yet, when Haruka went into further detail about why she took on the profession, it did create a kind of awkward shift. What do you say to that without being an asshole?

"I see" Kat said with a pause, quickly glancing to the other two women offering just a brief opportunity to say something that broke the uncomfortable pause but it seemed Kat wasn't the only one taken back.

"Well, I think it's admirable to turn a source of pain into something positive." Kat said, removing any source of uncertainty or discomfort in her voice. It still felt to the rockstar that she had made a wild assumption, and if Haruka disagreed with her, it'd be Kat with the egg on her face, but Kat had let her compulsion to not leave it quiet get the better of her.

She took the business card from Haruka with a smile and slipped it into her jacket. "Thanks, lots of people in my profession like to party, so I'll keep you in mind when it catches up to them.."

She could have kissed Elizabeth for changing the topic away from Haruka's father. Kat fell silent, nor adding onto it. She turned her attention to Reese for the answer. She would have never made the connection herself, but now she was curious if Elizabeth was the first to ask Reese that question.

"It's a electric guitar." Kat answered, to let Elizabeth have some idea. "Don't stress the finer details; most just know it's a guitar.," she said, keeping her kind and patient

As the conversation switched to the art on her guitar case cover, the natural questions came up. Who was the artist? the artwork have meaning to Katrielle? The truth was the art had real deep meaning to young singer. Perhaps Reese who was clearly the one in the group that was a fan and may have followed her career knew she suddenly went on a hiatus just as the band had started to get hot five years earlier. The official statement was that Kat had burned out, which was technically true but it was also true the whole situation was a great deal more complicated.

"The artist is a exquisitepainter named Trelisa Perrualt." Kat said, with a fond smile. "She's french born but has lived in Seattle Washington for ooh...Must be about fifteen years now, she kept the accent though." she explained giving a few more details that might ring a bell. Trelisa's works were popular she had her own gala in the city so it was easily possible if Elizabeth followed the art world she might know of Trelisa.

She feel silent for a moment, Kat knew exactly what it represented but was deciding how much she wanted to express. "I see it depicting a girl's heart trapped in winter. Where once the tree she rests against was once vibrant and filled with lush green and singing birds. It is now withered and ugly. The birds flying up above her represent her desire to break free and escape the winter. But she has no wings in which to fly and so she sits under the once lush tree praying for spring to come again." Katrielle explained her view of the painting on her guitar case.

For a moment, Kat's eyes gained a far away look as if she was seeing something long past. Though the moment passed quickly and she turned her eyes back to Elizabeth. "Happily winter passes." She said with a fast smile. Her tale hinted at something deeper, but what or why she saw that reflected was her secret to keep. At least for now, who knew maybe Elizabeth could get the story out of her.

The conversation switched paces again as Reese spotted land in the distance and Kat turned with the others to glance out towards it. It was a distance away for certain but it was there. Kat imagined what it must have been like for sailors on boats for weeks, lost as sea to finally see the same thing Kat saw now. For herself, Kat would secretly be relieved to be back on land. Not having to move around had helped, but she had not sprouted sea legs, it seemed.

"Home away from home?" Kat asked. "So does that mean you've been here before?" Kat asked Elizabeth though her eyes turned to the other two women as well. It was Kat's first stay, but if it wasn't the others, maybe they knew some good spots to look out for? It was never a bad idea to lean on veteran experience even if the experience was just how to vacation properly.