Captain Planet and the Planeteers Reboot [Gauging Interest]

Started by BlackestKnight, July 27, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Quote"The Power is Yours" - Captain Planet

I kinda want to start a roleplay about this iconic awesomely bad 90s cartoon, but with a decidedly dystopian dark futuristic wasteland feel. Nowhere near as campy as the original cartoon. The planet would all ready be an unwelcoming shithole by this point. Captain Planet would be either dead or gone and a group of multi-cultural teenage friends set out to restore order to the broken world, there may be some time travel and there would definitely be a sexy bio android in the cast in the place of captain planet acting as the muscle of the group. No real preachy afterschool psa's or anything like that. Much of the world would be populated by mutated monstrous abominations of wild life animals, outnumbering humans who live scattered about mostly as nomads or in the ruins of metropolitan centers ,  dwindling in a sheltered existence with little food or water to sustain themselves. The very few rich elite living comfortable in constructed bio-domes.

It would just be evil vs lesser evil. I would introduce two new rings, a dark ring and a light ring adding a total of 7 rings into the fold.

Earth Ring Owner:

Fire Ring Owner:

Water Ring:

Wind Ring:

Heart Ring

Light Ring:

Dark Ring:

Alice P9-01

P9-01 or Alice as she is referred, is one-of-a-kind bio-android developed by the late Dr. Milokovich, Alice was built as humanity's failsafe in the event that Captain Planet were ever to go rogue or become incapable in carrying out his duties as the planets guardian. She is fully green , running on natural cell reserves, with little to no emissions and is nearly as powerful as captain planet himself in scope of ability, although she is still only 97% operational and is  somewhat experimental due to her lack of integrated experience with humans, currently  awaiting reboot in Dr. Milokovich's laboratory.

Role: Open

Character Sheet

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Skills:
Desired Ring Choice:
Personality:

JDrew Spider

Now this is interesting. You have peaked my interest.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Toggle

My interest is also piqued, I always wanted to see a darker more direct Captain Planet.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Color me interested as well, particularly in the Dark or Fire rings. But definitely count me in if this gets enough interest so we are going to make a go of it

BlackestKnight

Ambie

Interested in the Water ring...maybe not play her as a russian though...I'll work on a sheet ASAP.