A Hive of Scum and Villainy - Star Wars RP (Not currently recruiting)

Started by Metalzephyr, April 05, 2012, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalzephyr

A Hive of Scum and Villainy

While the Rebel Alliance fights the tyrannical Empire, struggling over how the galaxy should be governed, some people just wanna make a quick credit.

This is a story about those sorts of people out on the Rim, the smugglers, bounty hunters, and generally scummy sorts. The action will revolve around one (two if crew sizes or character interactions dictate) ships, plying their less than legal services on the Outer Rim. Nal Hutta and it's moon Nar Shadaa being the best place for folks to find such work, our story will begin and likely return there often.

I wanted to run an RP about the non-Force users of the Star Wars setting. Leaving Jedi and Sith and all the attached junk behind, and focusing on what the 'regular' folks do. Admittedly the idea is very Serenity/Firefly inspired, but I don't see that as a bad thing!

Crew arrangements and captaincy is still being sorted out, but if your interested in running a vessel please PM me with your example Captain character, and I will be selecting the first Captain based on how cool the character is, and how well they will fit the setting and encourage a fun environment for the other players.

Here is the character sheet I would like you to use, but if there is a field you feel would be useful to add, please feel free to (I may even add it here):

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] A link to the wiki would be appreciated, but not necessary, for any of the less common races

[b]Appearance:[/b] Clothing, physical details, specific qualities that stand out, etc. Feel free to either write it, use an image, or both.

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] Any and all are welcome. If you want to leave it blank until you've had a chance to feel the character out, go ahead.

[b]Crew Position:[/b] Captain? Engineer? Enforcer? Sneaky type? Whatever descriptor suits what skills they bring to the table

[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] No need for specific models, but general categories like Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Ion Rifle, Vibrosword, etc. will be appreciated

[b]Personality:[/b] Feel free to be vague here. Characters personalities aren't always set in stone at creation, and I just want some idea of where your starting with them

[b]Bio:[/b] Why they became what they are, how they gained their skills and gear, and what made them who they are today.

Please post the proposed character here, and if everything is in order, I'll approve them for play!

Not currently recruiting I'm afraid, busy trying to firm up what the cast list is based on those who have already expressed interest. If that situation changes, I will update the thread title!

And finally, hoping to get started in the next day or two, very much looking forward to this! (oh and the game name is temporary, if anyone has suggestions, please post them here!)

summoner2183

Heyas.... like you the Rogue Squadron books are one of my favorites, and I also share your opinion about the Wraith Squadron!

Metalzephyr

Heya summoner!

Yeah like I said at the start, something about the people who aren't he force users, striving and fighting and uh, fucking, is just really cool to me :D

I take it you are interested? If so what sort of RP would appeal to you most?

Brandon

The idea that interests me is the idea of a bounty hunter group. How about a group working together for one of the cartel's on Hutta?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

summoner2183

Well, I think since the Wraith Squadron thing is what got me interested.... why not do something similar? The concept is that the New Republic (or whatever it is called these days) is planning to build up another commando X-wing team due to the success of the Wraith Squadron in the past... I think you can expand on that idea. Or maybe we can do what Brandon suggested, or perhaps a mix of both my concept and his.

Metalzephyr

I think that's a pretty good idea Brandon, lets everyone come from fairly varied backgrounds and loyalties.

Also yeah summoner, I agree Wraith Squadron is pretty cool (go Hawk-bats!), but I think something less specific to a given government might work better.

However, I'd like to have at least a few more people if I was going to start this, and at least someone other than myself who is comfortable playing female characters. (Not 100% my thing, but willing to give it a try especially if we are short!).

RedEve

Can your crew use a Zeltron hacker/infiltrator? :)

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

fallensaviour

or a dug techie/smuggler/pirate/what have you

RedEve

Just to elaborate, I am interested in this, but I would very much prefer a single ship (freighter/smuggler) than a squadron of fighters.

Metalzephyr

Wow! Thank you guys for the interest! (Very cool pictures, though as much as I like Dugs, that Zeltron is... O:) )

I think summoner, that a Wraith Squadron idea is going to have to take a back seat to some Outer-Rim unlawfullness :)

So, a smuggler ship and crew, and their misadventures out on the fringes of legality and the galaxy! Anyone interested in being captain of such a ship? I was figuring to cover miscellaneous roles anyways, but the Captain can work too!

I know you mentioned you were more interested in being a Bounty Hunter Brandon, and I think we could run two ships even, especially if we can attract a few more people.

Requiem

I am totally down for this.  Usually I go all Jedi or Sith, but I think this might be a more fun way of working it.  How about we make a crew of bounty hunters?  The captain of the ship brought them together almost like he's trying to form a new group of Mandalorians.  Most Bounty Hunters are fairly solitary.

If you give them a fairly decent sized freighter or a light frigate, you might even have room for a couple of fighters.    That could give a couple of people a near-squadron feel.  Put it late enough, we could even have a decommissioned or repurposed Corellian Corvette, but that would require almost an army of droids to crew, or for the group to be established enough to have that kind of power.

Personally, I am bouncing an idea a chiss around in my head.  Nothing concrete yet.

fallensaviour

i'll captain a freighter. 

and if we want a small cap ship, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder_corvette
also...i have toyed around with the idea of getting an army of droids MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

RedEve

That ship you linked to needs a minimum crew of 52, isn't that a bit big for our game?  ???

I was thinking more something along the size of the Millenium Falcon, or the Ebon Hawk, or (to use a Firefly example) Serenity.

fallensaviour

i was not the one that brought up cap ships, i just said if we were gonna go cap ships then that was a good cap ship to use

as for freighters i've always been a fan of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Class_720_freighter the ghtroc

Metalzephyr

Yeah, I used to toy with the Correllian Corvettes as cool smuggler vessels, but the size is just awkward (as cool as an army of droids would be!).

A Ghtroc or some YT model of freighter would work for me :) and looks like we have a captain, fallensaviour :D

fallensaviour

Cool. I like the name mynok's wings for the ship. Also as captain and being paranoid I'd secure some of the baser functions of the ship to my own keycodes and such

Requiem

This is an awesome "Chissification" that I want to build a smuggler/bounty hunter character around.  Maybe some type of sniper.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Requiem on April 08, 2012, 03:43:59 PM
This is an awesome "Chissification" that I want to build a smuggler/bounty hunter character around.  Maybe some type of sniper.

so would that be chiss redfield

Requiem

Indeed, from Resident Chiss 5, I believe.

Metalzephyr

Hmm well I like the lively discussion (and the punny people taking part), and look forward to setting things up!

Just watching the last few games of an online e-sports tournament, then heading out for Easter dinner. But later tonight I will be rewriting the first post as a setup for the RP, as well as giving an example of the formatting for character sheets!

If you have a prefered time period to set in, please let me know! I had been thinking Rebellion Era, as it's a time when the hold of the government is faltering, with independent worlds, those with a weak imperial presence, certain unscrupulous Imperial Moffs and officers, and the rebels themselves, paying high prices for dangerous jobs.

Requiem

Quote from: Metalzephyr on April 08, 2012, 04:14:03 PM
Hmm well I like the lively discussion (and the punny people taking part), and look forward to setting things up!

Just watching the last few games of an online e-sports tournament, then heading out for Easter dinner. But later tonight I will be rewriting the first post as a setup for the RP, as well as giving an example of the formatting for character sheets!

If you have a prefered time period to set in, please let me know! I had been thinking Rebellion Era, as it's a time when the hold of the government is faltering, with independent worlds, those with a weak imperial presence, certain unscrupulous Imperial Moffs and officers, and the rebels themselves, paying high prices for dangerous jobs.

I'm fine with Rebellion Era.  It means less Sith and Jedi effing our business up.

RedEve

It would make sense if the aim is to take the focus away from the Force Users.

fallensaviour

Empire era works for me...and it might be nice to pull a fast one on Vader or the emporer

summoner2183

I see, I concur with the freighter thing and the smuggler/outlaw/bounty hunter idea.

Set in te Rebellion Era would be good...  and this ship might be another alternative. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-2000_light_freighter

fallensaviour

The yt line is known for its modability.  I wouldn't mind one with some ion cannons boarding gear and combat thrusters